The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Support Ryan Edwards

Go down 
AuthorMessage
argyledad

PostSubject: Support Ryan Edwards   Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:39 pm

Rob Bullen has printed 100 A5 Cards (post card style) with an envelope in support of Ryan Edwards. These will be available from The AFT Stand outside The Devonport End tomorrow, with all profits donated to charity .
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Support Ryan Edwards   Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:51 pm

Cheers AD, check your balls people.

PostSubject: Re: Support Ryan Edwards   Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:10 am

wonderful idea, and my mum sure appreciated all the post cards, support and charity denotations when she had her stomach removed due to cancer, or are footballers 'special'
Back to top Go down
P.O.I
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Support Ryan Edwards   Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:15 am

PatDunne wrote:
wonderful idea, and my mum sure appreciated all the post cards, support and charity denotations when she had her stomach removed due to cancer, or are footballers 'special'

Pat, rightly or wrongly, I am assuming, given the last part of your sentence 'or are footballers special'  you feel a bit aggrieved and/or upset, your mum didn't receive the same kind of support? Unreserved apologies if I have read and understood your post wrongly.

The vast majority of the outpouring of sympathy and support is from Argo fans because he's an Argyle player, one of our own, so yes, he is special - to us, his family and friends. To anyone else, I dare say they wouldn't bat an eyelid if you told then of Edwards situation. I have beat bladder cancer twice - and have had bits removed. I wasn't concerned about postcards or donations. I was more concerned if I would see another day! Saying that - I do actually think there's been a bit of an over reaction.

As Mr Sinatra once sang - That's Life!

POI: Three weeks from now, I will be harvesting my crops. Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. Hold the line! Stay with me! If you find yourself alone, riding in the 'green' fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled, for you are in Elysium, and you’re already dead! Laughing

All hail Brentimus, Maximus, Cuntasaurius Extremus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Support Ryan Edwards   Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:08 am

Looking forward to the home made banner that's going to be put over by the Family Stand later today.
Or will it?
Argyle initially said that it wasn't allowed in due to not having a fire safety certificate.
But according to the banner maker he's been given permission to take it in.
popcorn
Back to top Go down
Angry

PostSubject: Re: Support Ryan Edwards   Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:32 pm

98% success rate if caught early and treated tick
young fit healthy man in his prime  tick

both boxes are ticked so can the idiots who are acting as if Ryan has a death sentence hangingover him or is in fact dead just reign it in a bit with all these self indulgent pr stunts mainly coming from the same sources JBSoti as some of them like a minutes applause at the 5 minute mark, the same tribute that 5 minutes earlier will be used to honour cyril regis are in poor taste. If you going to show support which im not knocking then come up with something original and not one used as remembrance act because Ryan is in good hands.

If fans want to show support then why not donate to the mustard tree ward or better still check yourself before you wreck yourself and give Ryan a standing ovation when he returns to the field in a few months time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Support Ryan Edwards   

Back to top Go down

Support Ryan Edwards
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: