Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Forward thinking Club!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10406
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Forward thinking Club!!!!   Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

David Munday wrote:
Derek Adams believes that Plymouth Argyle’s involvement in the new sports hub at Manadon shows how ‘forward-thinking’ the club is.

The Argyle Community Trust contributed £200,000 to the project in conjunction with Plymouth City Council as it seeks to further its work at grassroots level.

The site, at the former Ministry of Defence pitches on St Peter’s Road, will have:

• a Football Association-standard third generation (3G) artificial playing pitch, together with new floodlights and security fencing

• two new junior grass football pitches

• a new artificial cricket wicket and eight grass wickets

• a two-storey pavilion with a permanent office for the trust, a four changing room complex, a training room and a multi-purpose room
Argyle first team manager Adams is likely to be involved on site in the long-term future with open training sessions one of the ideas put forward by the Trust.

Everything Argyle are set to do there is part of the natural progression of the club continuing to rise back to its old standing in the Football League.

“If you look over the time that we’ve been here we’ve broken a lot of barriers,” Adams told Herald Sport.
“(Getting involved at Manadon) is the next one.

“We’ve got out of League Two, we’ve done well in the Youth Cup, we’ve been able to do well in the FA Cup and we’re also going to build the new stand.

“We’re building this project as well.
“So this football club is a forward-thinking football club and they’re getting supported in the right areas by the council too.

“I think that over time we will be very involved.

“The community project obviously runs itself but there will be help from the first team and help from the management team as well.

“We’d like to help them as they help us with lots of things too.

“The players on a Thursday afternoon go to different schools.

“This facility helps move that on another step.

“They’ll come down here, get some coaching sessions on and they’ll get to see football stars of the future on these pitches and get to see the players who are at Argyle already.”
Adams said he was pleased for the Argyle Community Trust and all those involved in the project because he knew how much hard work had gone into it.

He added: “It’s a big launch for them because there’s been a lot of planning put in by people from the area.

“It’s a fantastic project that we’re all looking forward to.

“To get an astroturf pitch in this area will get people out playing and enjoying their sport and getting exercise.

“It’s going to help a great many people.

“As we know, Plymouth is a big city.

“It’s important for the first team players to be seen all over the city and get involved in different projects with schools and young children.

“The trust does a good job of that and as a first team we are very supportive of that.”

How is it forward thinking when most clubs do this.
Back to top Go down
BBC1

avatar

Posts : 1935
Join date : 2011-11-17
Age : 48
Location : 22 Acacia Avenue

PostSubject: Re: Forward thinking Club!!!!   Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:16 pm

We're also going to build the new stand.
Er. not really Derek. It's a refurb of the old one dear chap. popcorn
Back to top Go down
akagreengull

avatar

Posts : 2869
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Forward thinking Club!!!!   Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:12 pm

Angry wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

David Munday wrote:
Derek Adams believes that Plymouth Argyle’s involvement in the new sports hub at Manadon shows how ‘forward-thinking’ the club is.

The Argyle Community Trust contributed £200,000 to the project in conjunction with Plymouth City Council as it seeks to further its work at grassroots level.

The site, at the former Ministry of Defence pitches on St Peter’s Road, will have:

• a Football Association-standard third generation (3G) artificial playing pitch, together with new floodlights and security fencing

• two new junior grass football pitches

• a new artificial cricket wicket and eight grass wickets

• a two-storey pavilion with a permanent office for the trust, a four changing room complex, a training room and a multi-purpose room
Argyle first team manager Adams is likely to be involved on site in the long-term future with open training sessions one of the ideas put forward by the Trust.

Everything Argyle are set to do there is part of the natural progression of the club continuing to rise back to its old standing in the Football League.

“If you look over the time that we’ve been here we’ve broken a lot of barriers,” Adams told Herald Sport.
“(Getting involved at Manadon) is the next one.

“We’ve got out of League Two, we’ve done well in the Youth Cup, we’ve been able to do well in the FA Cup and we’re also going to build the new stand.

“We’re building this project as well.
“So this football club is a forward-thinking football club and they’re getting supported in the right areas by the council too.

“I think that over time we will be very involved.

“The community project obviously runs itself but there will be help from the first team and help from the management team as well.

“We’d like to help them as they help us with lots of things too.

“The players on a Thursday afternoon go to different schools.

“This facility helps move that on another step.

“They’ll come down here, get some coaching sessions on and they’ll get to see football stars of the future on these pitches and get to see the players who are at Argyle already.”
Adams said he was pleased for the Argyle Community Trust and all those involved in the project because he knew how much hard work had gone into it.

He added: “It’s a big launch for them because there’s been a lot of planning put in by people from the area.

“It’s a fantastic project that we’re all looking forward to.

“To get an astroturf pitch in this area will get people out playing and enjoying their sport and getting exercise.

“It’s going to help a great many people.

“As we know, Plymouth is a big city.

“It’s important for the first team players to be seen all over the city and get involved in different projects with schools and young children.

“The trust does a good job of that and as a first team we are very supportive of that.”

How is it forward thinking when most clubs do this.

I think it's called catching up with what other clubs do Derek. scratch
Back to top Go down
Rickler

avatar

Posts : 4692
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

PostSubject: Re: Forward thinking Club!!!!   Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:22 pm

Who pays for the Argyle community trust?

It looks like they have more money than the club with 200k to splash around?

It seems they will have better facilities too...

Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10406
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Forward thinking Club!!!!   Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

is this photo a metaphor?

purple helmets really
Back to top Go down
Dingle



Posts : 563
Join date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Forward thinking Club!!!!   Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:49 pm

Have the funds used for the Manadon hub got anything to do with the old trust (the one that owned the Argyle hotel?)
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt
Admin


Posts : 4128
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Forward thinking Club!!!!   Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:50 am

Dingle wrote:
Have the funds used for the Manadon hub got anything to do with the old trust (the one that owned the Argyle hotel?)  

BBC1 should be able to answer that.

_______________________________________
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @TheOfficial_ATD
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7664
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Forward thinking Club!!!!   Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:20 am

Rickler wrote:
Who pays for the Argyle community trust?

It looks like they have more money than the club with 200k to splash around?

It seems they will have better facilities too...


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PAFC's official charity. I'm not sure who their 'national partners' are, but it is abundantly clear they are financed independently of the club. These types of organisations generally have access to a number of funding streams it would appear. It certainly isn't Brent shelling out six-figure sums, that's foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

avatar

Posts : 9487
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 69
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Forward thinking Club!!!!   Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:51 am

At a meeting last year at FOCP, there was a Devon FA representative who told us the FA had funds for Plymouth to build a top range full astro turf pitch.
Back to top Go down
BBC1

avatar

Posts : 1935
Join date : 2011-11-17
Age : 48
Location : 22 Acacia Avenue

PostSubject: Re: Forward thinking Club!!!!   Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:23 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Dingle wrote:
Have the funds used for the Manadon hub got anything to do with the old trust (the one that owned the Argyle hotel?)  

BBC1 should be able to answer that.
At the AGM of the old trust (PAST&DT) back in November 2017, there was a vote on the dissolution of the Charity.
Basically, the decision was to dissolve the charity and transfer funds to a separate charitable trust, set up and administered by the Argyle Community Trust, that had the same aims and objectives as the old Trust.
This may include the Manadon project, although the Argyle Community Trust will need to obtain its own legal advice on how far they can support it using the Charity's funds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Forward thinking Club!!!!   

Back to top Go down
 
Forward thinking Club!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: