Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 The Mankover all action Thread.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
BBC1

avatar

Posts : 2153
Join date : 2011-11-17
Age : 49
Location : 22 Acacia Avenue

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:05 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Well one aspect of work that they could crack on with without being in the way of anything, is the installation of seating to the current Mayflower terrace area. Get that done first - before August - then there’d be the option to temporarily relocate Grandstand dwellers there.

But then actually doing something fundamental for the average fan is right down at the bottom on Brents list of priorities. It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if they ‘run out of cash’ before that area is done.
That'll be in with the 'dirty work' during the close season.
Someone on the farm posted a good picture of one of the plans which showed the old gradient and new gradient of the terrace. All to do with the Green Guide and sightlines etc.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

avatar

Posts : 4846
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:52 pm

BBC1 wrote:

Someone on the farm posted a good picture of one of the plans which showed the old gradient and new gradient of the terrace. All to do with the Green Guide and sightlines etc.

It also showed that the seating legroom in the upper grandstand will not change at all. All they are doing is swapping the wooden seats for plastic ones and moving alternative rows left or right 18'' to improve the sight lines. The human race is a lot taller than when that stand was first designed.  Those seats are basically unusable for anybody over six foot.

I wonder what sort of seats and how much legroom the directors box will have?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4133
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:42 pm

Like i say no Main Contractor no Start Date, just plenty of Bullshit.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 2853
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 58
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:41 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Like i say no Main Contractor no Start Date, just plenty of Bullshit.

So to date we have had some staff moved to Crownhill and Brent claiming “Without giving too many clues away, the provision of the new retail and ticketing facilities will be at an earlier time in the build than most of the rest of it.”

Inotherwards feck all nada zilch nothing. Might as well put Captain Wankspasm in charge Brent you clown.

Dane makes an excellent point (as did many previously) in how was Brent able to put a £4.1 million figure on the build prior to Architects completing and a Developer actually appointed. In short he couldnt he was all hot air waffling as per feckin normal

Chickens coming home to roost an enormous amount of skilled eastern european tradesman have gone home with the near parity of sterling and the euro and in short Brents up shit creek. As each month goes by the cost goes up now estimated at £6.4 million including the roof

Newell that cretin you so adore is a complete bellend for christ sake chauffeur the fella off to Exeter soonest
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3633
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:29 am

Exeter wouldn't have him. Pig
Back to top Go down
BBC1

avatar

Posts : 2153
Join date : 2011-11-17
Age : 49
Location : 22 Acacia Avenue

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:01 am

Rickler wrote:
BBC1 wrote:

Someone on the farm posted a good picture of one of the plans which showed the old gradient and new gradient of the terrace. All to do with the Green Guide and sightlines etc.

It also showed that the seating legroom in the upper grandstand will not change at all. All they are doing is swapping the wooden seats for plastic ones and moving alternative rows left or right 18'' to improve the sight lines. The human race is a lot taller than when that stand was first designed.  Those seats are basically unusable for anybody over six foot.  

I wonder what sort of seats and how much legroom the directors box will have?
I'm sure the secretive GAGWG have thought of all the legroom issues.
One of them was 5 foot 10 don't you know! laugh
Back to top Go down
BBC1

avatar

Posts : 2153
Join date : 2011-11-17
Age : 49
Location : 22 Acacia Avenue

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:02 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Like i say no Main Contractor no Start Date, just plenty of Bullshit.

So to date we have had some staff moved to Crownhill and Brent claiming “Without giving too many clues away, the provision of the new retail and ticketing facilities will be at an earlier time in the build than most of the rest of it.”

Inotherwards feck all nada zilch nothing. Might as well put Captain Wankspasm in charge Brent you clown.

Dane makes an excellent point (as did many previously) in how was Brent able to put a £4.1 million figure on the build prior to Architects completing and a Developer actually appointed. In short he couldnt he was all hot air waffling as per feckin normal

Chickens coming home to roost an enormous amount of skilled eastern european tradesman have gone home with the near parity of sterling and the euro and in short Brents up shit creek. As each month goes by the cost goes up now estimated at £6.4 million including the roof

Newell that cretin you so adore is a complete bellend for christ sake chauffeur the fella off to Exeter soonest
Could it be that the first announcement will be at the GT's open meeting on 13th Feb, before the Wimbledon game?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4133
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:21 pm

Thirty nine days have passed since Akkeron got the Mankover green light. tumbleweed tumbleweed tumbleweed
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10782
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:53 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Thirty nine days have passed since Akkeron got the Mankover green light. tumbleweed tumbleweed tumbleweed

carillion have put an end to it despite having nothing to do with it.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 2853
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 58
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:04 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Thirty nine days have passed since Akkeron got the Mankover green light. tumbleweed tumbleweed tumbleweed

It'll start but never finish.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3633
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:33 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Thirty nine days have passed since Akkeron got the Mankover green light. tumbleweed tumbleweed tumbleweed

These things take time. :Zzzzzzz:
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10782
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:57 am

exeter's grandstand continues to be built with no probs.

I wonder if there fans would accept a refurbishment of that to be fair shit grandstand?

where are the city fans (bar lord tis) these days on here?
Back to top Go down
MikeWN



Posts : 227
Join date : 2015-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:42 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Dane makes an excellent point (as did many previously) in how was Brent able to put a £4.1 million figure on the build prior to Architects completing and a Developer actually appointed. In short he couldnt he was all hot air waffling as per feckin normal

Budget estimates are prepared on a per-square-meter/per seat/rough draft basis all the time. The real question is whether it was done properly, or on the basis of what the customer wanted to hear.

To be fair, at the time I thought £5m (inc the extra £1m for the roof) sounded like it was a bit light maybe, but not wildly so. Prices have gone up by then, but we're talking 3.5-5%, not a fifth again.

I guess we'll see soon enough - Mr Brent has always been mustard on his commitment to openness, right...?
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2230
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:15 pm

I think normal costings go out of the window where Brent's concerned. Look how "overheads" spiralled out of control at Oldway Manor. I hope "the club" have done due diligence on which firms are employed to do what, and whether there is any conflict of interest.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 2556
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:00 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Rickler wrote:
BBC1 wrote:

Someone on the farm posted a good picture of one of the plans which showed the old gradient and new gradient of the terrace. All to do with the Green Guide and sightlines etc.

It also showed that the seating legroom in the upper grandstand will not change at all. All they are doing is swapping the wooden seats for plastic ones and moving alternative rows left or right 18'' to improve the sight lines. The human race is a lot taller than when that stand was first designed.  Those seats are basically unusable for anybody over six foot.  

I wonder what sort of seats and how much legroom the directors box will have?
I'm sure the secretive GAGWG have thought of all the legroom issues.
One of them was 5 foot 10 don't you know! laugh
5 foot 10 wide beeb Pig
Back to top Go down
BBC1

avatar

Posts : 2153
Join date : 2011-11-17
Age : 49
Location : 22 Acacia Avenue

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:57 am

RegGreen wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Rickler wrote:
BBC1 wrote:

Someone on the farm posted a good picture of one of the plans which showed the old gradient and new gradient of the terrace. All to do with the Green Guide and sightlines etc.

It also showed that the seating legroom in the upper grandstand will not change at all. All they are doing is swapping the wooden seats for plastic ones and moving alternative rows left or right 18'' to improve the sight lines. The human race is a lot taller than when that stand was first designed.  Those seats are basically unusable for anybody over six foot.  

I wonder what sort of seats and how much legroom the directors box will have?
I'm sure the secretive GAGWG have thought of all the legroom issues.
One of them was 5 foot 10 don't you know! laugh
5 foot 10 wide beeb Pig
That sometimes happens when you retire... popcorn
Back to top Go down
MikeWN



Posts : 227
Join date : 2015-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:45 am

beesrus wrote:
I think normal costings go out of the window where Brent's concerned.  Look how "overheads" spiralled out of control at Oldway Manor. I hope "the club" have done due diligence on which firms are employed to do what, and whether there is any conflict of interest.

Has anyone checked to see if Argyle Project Management Services has been registered at Company House? Could be a nice little earner for someone.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 2853
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 58
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:56 am

Brent will need to obtain some death spiral finance to firstly finance the refurb to original specificatons and secondly to have any hope of starting his clusterfuck mark 2
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 2556
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:44 pm

BBC1 wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Rickler wrote:
BBC1 wrote:

Someone on the farm posted a good picture of one of the plans which showed the old gradient and new gradient of the terrace. All to do with the Green Guide and sightlines etc.

It also showed that the seating legroom in the upper grandstand will not change at all. All they are doing is swapping the wooden seats for plastic ones and moving alternative rows left or right 18'' to improve the sight lines. The human race is a lot taller than when that stand was first designed.  Those seats are basically unusable for anybody over six foot.  

I wonder what sort of seats and how much legroom the directors box will have?
I'm sure the secretive GAGWG have thought of all the legroom issues.
One of them was 5 foot 10 don't you know! laugh
5 foot 10 wide beeb Pig
That sometimes happens when you retire... popcorn
or take up golf that keeps you trim i believe... laugh
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3633
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:52 pm

RegGreen wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Rickler wrote:
BBC1 wrote:

Someone on the farm posted a good picture of one of the plans which showed the old gradient and new gradient of the terrace. All to do with the Green Guide and sightlines etc.

It also showed that the seating legroom in the upper grandstand will not change at all. All they are doing is swapping the wooden seats for plastic ones and moving alternative rows left or right 18'' to improve the sight lines. The human race is a lot taller than when that stand was first designed.  Those seats are basically unusable for anybody over six foot.  

I wonder what sort of seats and how much legroom the directors box will have?
I'm sure the secretive GAGWG have thought of all the legroom issues.
One of them was 5 foot 10 don't you know! laugh
5 foot 10 wide beeb Pig
That sometimes happens when you retire... popcorn
or take up golf that keeps you trim i believe... laugh

Not everyone gets trimmer playing golf. Pig
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 2556
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:08 pm

akagreengull wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Rickler wrote:
BBC1 wrote:

Someone on the farm posted a good picture of one of the plans which showed the old gradient and new gradient of the terrace. All to do with the Green Guide and sightlines etc.

It also showed that the seating legroom in the upper grandstand will not change at all. All they are doing is swapping the wooden seats for plastic ones and moving alternative rows left or right 18'' to improve the sight lines. The human race is a lot taller than when that stand was first designed.  Those seats are basically unusable for anybody over six foot.  

I wonder what sort of seats and how much legroom the directors box will have?
I'm sure the secretive GAGWG have thought of all the legroom issues.
One of them was 5 foot 10 don't you know! laugh
5 foot 10 wide beeb Pig
That sometimes happens when you retire... popcorn
or take up golf that keeps you trim i believe... laugh

Not everyone gets trimmer playing golf. Pig
so it seems Pig .... laugh
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 2853
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 58
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:20 pm

On 8th December 2017 Brent said "we are ready to commence within 2 weeks of planning consent"
Planning consent still not signed off according to GC but even if it had been we are now 41 days past with no sign of bricks diggers workmen architects in fact feck all

Newell tell the recipient of your tongue reaming to either start the project or just feck off once and for all
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3633
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:27 pm

I don't believe anything Lord Jim says, if you do - one will inevitably be disappointed. albino
Back to top Go down
Peggy

avatar

Posts : 1533
Join date : 2013-03-24
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:26 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
On 8th December 2017 Brent said "we are ready to commence within 2 weeks of planning consent"
Planning consent still not signed off according to GC but even if it had been we are now 41 days past with no sign of bricks diggers workmen architects in fact feck all

Newell tell the recipient of your tongue reaming to either start the project or just feck off once and for all

Planning permission hasn't been granted yet. It was approved in December, subject to conditions which have to be met by 26 January. If those conditions are met planning permission will be granted.

Starting work without planning permission isn't a wise thing to do, as that company building houses over Manadon way have found to their cost.
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10782
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:33 pm

Peggy wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
On 8th December 2017 Brent said "we are ready to commence within 2 weeks of planning consent"
Planning consent still not signed off according to GC but even if it had been we are now 41 days past with no sign of bricks diggers workmen architects in fact feck all

Newell tell the recipient of your tongue reaming to either start the project or just feck off once and for all

Planning permission hasn't been granted yet. It was approved in December, subject to conditions which have to be met by 26 January. If those conditions are met planning permission will be granted.

Starting work without planning permission isn't a wise thing to do, as that company building houses over Manadon way have found to their cost.

2 days left to meet the deadline then brent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   

Back to top Go down
 
The Mankover all action Thread.
Back to top 
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: