Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 The Mankover all action Thread.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
AuthorMessage
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2016-11-24

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:06 am

Free chat isn't ATD. It's pretty admirable in it's intentions and does a reasonable job. But there will be little appetite from those looking after that page to take the depictions to the level that is common here. Basically they don't do the slapstick thing. That's ok though, we're all different.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain



Posts : 1326
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:29 am

I see Porky (whilst on holiday lol) has managed to distil the argument about the build not happening into people not being happy with modular buildings. As far as I'm aware we still don't have a main contractor, we still have no contracts drawn with a start date on them and the moving of the ticket and club shop is being hailed as the refurb actually starting. There seems no evidence of that happening at all. If we are on course for the start of season 19/20 opening of the Brentiad shorely then work will need to start in about six weeks?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 3991
Join date : 2014-06-02
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:40 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
I see Porky (whilst on holiday lol) has managed to distil the argument about the build not happening into people not being happy with modular buildings. As far as I'm aware we still don't have a main contractor, we still have no contracts drawn with a start date on them and the moving of the ticket and club shop is being hailed as the refurb actually starting. There seems no evidence of that happening at all. If we are on course for the start of season 19/20 opening of the Brentiad shorely then work will need to start in about six weeks?
Non event are putting in a new Modular portacabin and thats it! like you say no Main contractor or Startdate for the Mankover of the Grandstand, Smoke and mirrors from the Banker Boyz.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2015-04-03
Age : 58
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:11 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I see Porky (whilst on holiday lol) has managed to distil the argument about the build not happening into people not being happy with modular buildings. As far as I'm aware we still don't have a main contractor, we still have no contracts drawn with a start date on them and the moving of the ticket and club shop is being hailed as the refurb actually starting. There seems no evidence of that happening at all. If we are on course for the start of season 19/20 opening of the Brentiad shorely then work will need to start in about six weeks?
Non event are putting in a new Modular portacabin and thats it! like you say no Main contractor or Startdate for the Mankover of the Grandstand, Smoke and mirrors from the Banker Boyz.

Yep only a matter of time before news of postponent of Mayflower terracing is announced "to allow the grandstand to be completed on time and in budget and to enable the conference facilities to produce income for PAFC" and then subsequently completely shelved

I will give it a month from today

popcorn
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 6571
Join date : 2011-12-04
Age : 26
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:03 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Old Dunlop one of Brentys boys must have been hacked on the farm

"With the modern materials available today it would be better and more cost effective to have a complete rebuild of the grandstand instead of a refurbishment"

Nool yet to take the laid bait


I heard the same yesterday so Dunlop is quite possibly on to something here.

In fact I heard that the club had been officially advised by someone that building a new stand would be cheaper than fixing up the old one. Still too expensive compared to the available budget but cheaper nonetheless.

Also no GT bar until at least October at the earliest.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Earwegoagain



Posts : 1326
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:50 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Old Dunlop one of Brentys boys must have been hacked on the farm

"With the modern materials available today it would be better and more cost effective to have a complete rebuild of the grandstand instead of a refurbishment"

Nool yet to take the laid bait


I heard the same yesterday so Dunlop is quite possibly on to something here.

In fact I heard that the club had been officially advised by someone that building a new stand would be cheaper than fixing up the old one. Still too expensive compared to the available budget but cheaper nonetheless.

Also no GT bar until at least October at the earliest.

I made reference to it early on as well, I think I used the barn conversion analogy. Always costs more than new build. As for the budget it's about £5m innit? I don't know if the budget was what Hallett had available or whether they had costed the scheme and £5m was the figure arrived at. What seems apparent now is that we haven't got enough money. Is that what is finally getting rid of a Jimmy the Skint? I'd love to be a fly on the wall at HP something isn't right.
Back to top Go down
Homeslice

avatar

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2015-02-24
Age : 45
Location : Lurking in the shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:33 am

It’s turning into the clusterfeck that a lot of us have been predicting. Appointing as the Project Manager a man who struggled to deal with the pressure of being on the Gasboard and who’s construction experience is limited to building walls between the club and supporters. A construction project of this size needs a qualified and experienced construction professional managing it, not a Brown-nosing ex copper and whichever member of the Brent family hasn’t got anything better to do with their time.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2016-11-24

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:09 am

What is it with Argyle and ex-coppers ? Tony Campbell was another one, sauntered off to the East somewhere and given his experience obviously became a financial adviser FFS ! Then brought Kagami home. What a great move that was for all concerned. And that's before we even think of other ex-coppers involved with Argyle.

There seem to have been more of them than ex-dockyardees, and gawd knows there's been enough of them.
And now we have the executive class bankers like Brent and Hallett. Having been in at the start for the "Age of the executive" and the globalised gold rush, all these people then think they can actually go off and run any business because capital begats capital, just like the clients they advised. All a bunch of chancers making hay, but at everyone else's expense. And many of them are now jumping ship before the inevitable mother of all storms, looking for a safe haven that has actual real tangible physical asset and resource, like land.  Enter community Si.
There's been fans on here naively saying Hallett hasn't invested in Argyle for a safe haven for his dosh. Well I suggest those fans go look at what actually Hallet has said of his reasoning on the baggo'. Looks like Argyle have bagged another banker with not quite enough money or desire to do anything constructive LOL. I hate to think what might develop as costs overrun and money runs out, maybe the club relinquishing their ownership of Home Park ? No, shorely it couldn't happen with such well meaning folk.
Back to top Go down
BBC1

avatar

Posts : 2061
Join date : 2011-11-18
Age : 49
Location : 22 Acacia Avenue

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:25 am

Just for clarification in my own mind...wasn't the King Troll Plod at one time or another?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2015-04-03
Age : 58
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:32 am

beesrus wrote:
I hate to think what might develop as costs overrun and money runs out, maybe the club relinquishing their ownership of Home Park ? .

Wait till they start disturbing the asbestos popcorn
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

avatar

Posts : 6216
Join date : 2011-05-11
Location : Right in front of you....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:36 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
beesrus wrote:
I hate to think what might develop as costs overrun and money runs out, maybe the club relinquishing their ownership of Home Park ? .

Wait till they start disturbing the asbestos   popcorn

And will it be built on sand?

Literally.
Back to top Go down
Homeslice

avatar

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2015-02-24
Age : 45
Location : Lurking in the shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:44 am

BBC1 wrote:
Just for clarification in my own mind...wasn't the King Troll Plod at one time or another?

He was. Best not to ask why he left the force though.
Back to top Go down
P.O.I

avatar

Posts : 226
Join date : 2017-11-04

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:47 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Old Dunlop one of Brentys boys must have been hacked on the farm

"With the modern materials available today it would be better and more cost effective to have a complete rebuild of the grandstand instead of a refurbishment"

Nool yet to take the laid bait


I heard the same yesterday so Dunlop is quite possibly on to something here.

In fact I heard that the club had been officially advised by someone that building a new stand would be cheaper than fixing up the old one. Still too expensive compared to the available budget but cheaper nonetheless.

Also no GT bar until at least October at the earliest.

I made reference to it early on as well, I think I used the barn conversion analogy. Always costs more than new build. As for the budget it's about £5m innit? I don't know if the budget was what Hallett had available or whether they had costed the scheme and £5m was the figure arrived at. What seems apparent now is that we haven't got enough money. Is that what is finally getting rid of a Jimmy the Skint? I'd love to be a fly on the wall at HP something isn't right.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
P.O.I

avatar

Posts : 226
Join date : 2017-11-04

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:50 am

Homeslice wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Just for clarification in my own mind...wasn't the King Troll Plod at one time or another?

He was. Best not to ask why he left the force though.

Why did he leave the force? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

avatar

Posts : 9874
Join date : 2011-12-12
Age : 69
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:03 am

And who is King Troll Plod
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin
avatar

Posts : 9189
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 59
Location : @ sea or @home

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:34 am

JB, all gone quiet with the last Post Club too, almost like Brent has pissed them off too.

Maybe he is giving family and friends jobs on the project, keep his costs down and put everybody else's up.

_______________________________________
Inselaffe! FFS![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Religion is the root of a Evil,
Back to top Go down
BBC1

avatar

Posts : 2061
Join date : 2011-11-18
Age : 49
Location : 22 Acacia Avenue

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:37 am

Tgwu wrote:
And who is King Troll Plod
There is only one King Troll.
He's also voice of the silent majority.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2016-11-24

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:11 pm

I was musing the other day about the latest apparent delay in any news regarding the actual refurbishment of the grandstand itself, among murmurs of problems with funding. I'm just wondering if Brent and Hallett are holding off decisions and go aheads to see if Argyle can get promoted in a few weeks. Would make sense.

If Argyle were to do the amazing, that would open up the championship cash doors. I find it impossible to believe the owners haven't thought of all that lovely extra guaranteed £6+ million in cash that would be "wasted" on championship level wages for the playing staff. If they just asked Adams for "one more year", risk an almost certain relegation, they could redirect most of that windfall away from the playing budget to bail out his ludicrous plans, and do a deal to pay off Todd and Gardner. It would be a game changer for their share values and herald changes in their plans for the stadium, that frankly look in chaos, alongside those for the ice rink.
Another possibility is that Brent has started his game early in pleading poverty to the council. He clearly will have a pop at some stage to try and squeeze a lot more ice rink money out of the council, and just maybe he's trying it on earlier than expected and including it all in one big HHP mess, stadium et al. 2020 is only 2 years away, the wider Central Park improvements are underway with money flying around, it's now or never. He clearly showed a long scale sliding agenda at Oldway trying to force the council's hand, so it's a possibility. I'm sure Hopwood will be earning his dosh.
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

avatar

Posts : 6216
Join date : 2011-05-11
Location : Right in front of you....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:45 pm

Agreed, but I wonder how much thought Brent has actually given to Championship football and it’s potential riches. Apparently there was very little football discussion in the Autumn when we were in meltdown. The Board were more interested in the planning application rather than the team.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2015-04-03
Age : 58
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:57 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Agreed, but I wonder how much thought Brent has actually given to Championship football and it’s potential riches. Apparently there was very little football discussion in the Autumn when we were in meltdown. The Board were more interested in the planning application rather than the team.

If you recall his speech at Sutton Harbour couple months ago which was partly reproduced here with his claim of "I cant fund a Championship team which on average run at a £10 million loss each season"

4 weeks later all change as he now suggests that he couldnt fund Argyle into any Premiership league......You're right Frank he's so wrapped in his abortive crapshacks that he didnt take onboard (in my opinion) the riches that the Football league bestow on Championship teams

As Bees says hang on theres money out there

Back to top Go down
P.O.I

avatar

Posts : 226
Join date : 2017-11-04

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:30 pm

beesrus wrote:
I was musing the other day about the latest apparent delay in any news regarding the actual refurbishment of the grandstand itself, among murmurs of problems with funding. I'm just wondering if Brent and Hallett are holding off decisions and go aheads to see if Argyle can get promoted in a few weeks. Would make sense.

If Argyle were to do the amazing, that would open up the championship cash doors. I find it impossible to believe the owners haven't thought of all that lovely extra guaranteed £6+ million in cash that would be "wasted" on championship level wages for the playing staff. If they just asked Adams for "one more year", risk an almost certain relegation, they could redirect most of that windfall away from the playing budget to bail out his ludicrous plans, and do a deal to pay off Todd and Gardner. It would be a game changer for their share values and herald changes in their plans for the stadium, that frankly look in chaos, alongside those for the ice rink.
Another possibility is that Brent has started his game early in pleading poverty to the council. He clearly will have a pop at some stage to try and squeeze a lot more ice rink money out of the council, and just maybe he's trying it on earlier than expected and including it all in one big HHP mess, stadium et al. 2020 is only 2 years away, the wider Central Park improvements are underway with money flying around, it's now or never. He clearly showed a long scale sliding agenda at Oldway trying to force the council's hand, so it's a possibility. I'm sure Hopwood will be earning his dosh.

Interesting thoughts there, Bees, re waiting to see/delaying the crapshack if we get into the Championship. So, if we did the unthinkable and went up, does Brent spend money on players to stop us coming right back down, or spend it on the now very delayed crapshack mk2? His hole he's dug for himself is now almost inescapable - and still, the porcine one will back him to to his dying rashers. pig
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt
Admin


Posts : 4285
Join date : 2012-01-09
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:10 pm

beesrus wrote:
I was musing the other day about the latest apparent delay in any news regarding the actual refurbishment of the grandstand itself, among murmurs of problems with funding. I'm just wondering if Brent and Hallett are holding off decisions and go aheads to see if Argyle can get promoted in a few weeks. Would make sense.

If Argyle were to do the amazing, that would open up the championship cash doors. I find it impossible to believe the owners haven't thought of all that lovely extra guaranteed £6+ million in cash that would be "wasted" on championship level wages for the playing staff. If they just asked Adams for "one more year", risk an almost certain relegation, they could redirect most of that windfall away from the playing budget to bail out his ludicrous plans, and do a deal to pay off Todd and Gardner. It would be a game changer for their share values and herald changes in their plans for the stadium, that frankly look in chaos, alongside those for the ice rink.
Another possibility is that Brent has started his game early in pleading poverty to the council. He clearly will have a pop at some stage to try and squeeze a lot more ice rink money out of the council, and just maybe he's trying it on earlier than expected and including it all in one big HHP mess, stadium et al. 2020 is only 2 years away, the wider Central Park improvements are underway with money flying around, it's now or never. He clearly showed a long scale sliding agenda at Oldway trying to force the council's hand, so it's a possibility. I'm sure Hopwood will be earning his dosh.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out, if as expected Tudor Evans gets back in next months elections. He loves a vanity project.


_______________________________________
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @TheOfficial_ATD
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2016-11-24

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:28 pm

Foreshore, he'll be back again in a few weeks. Hopefully another old friend from football circles, Mr Riley, formerl head of the parish of UKIP, will be biffed out too
Was talking about dear old Tudor yesterday with a well known local activist. A few stories shared about the old days with Mr Evans til he had his head turned. It's not just him, the whole country is corruptly giving away so much of it's hard won people owned land and buildings for next to nothing. In my mind, less the executions, the present giveaway is almost on a par with the old Enclosure Acts that stole all the common land and with it peoples' ability to feed themselves. Ho hum, looking forward to some maundy money from Brent and Hallet next year, although I'll wash my own feet thanks flower
Back to top Go down
P.O.I

avatar

Posts : 226
Join date : 2017-11-04

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:30 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
beesrus wrote:
I was musing the other day about the latest apparent delay in any news regarding the actual refurbishment of the grandstand itself, among murmurs of problems with funding. I'm just wondering if Brent and Hallett are holding off decisions and go aheads to see if Argyle can get promoted in a few weeks. Would make sense.

If Argyle were to do the amazing, that would open up the championship cash doors. I find it impossible to believe the owners haven't thought of all that lovely extra guaranteed £6+ million in cash that would be "wasted" on championship level wages for the playing staff. If they just asked Adams for "one more year", risk an almost certain relegation, they could redirect most of that windfall away from the playing budget to bail out his ludicrous plans, and do a deal to pay off Todd and Gardner. It would be a game changer for their share values and herald changes in their plans for the stadium, that frankly look in chaos, alongside those for the ice rink.
Another possibility is that Brent has started his game early in pleading poverty to the council. He clearly will have a pop at some stage to try and squeeze a lot more ice rink money out of the council, and just maybe he's trying it on earlier than expected and including it all in one big HHP mess, stadium et al. 2020 is only 2 years away, the wider Central Park improvements are underway with money flying around, it's now or never. He clearly showed a long scale sliding agenda at Oldway trying to force the council's hand, so it's a possibility. I'm sure Hopwood will be earning his dosh.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out, if as expected Tudor Evans gets back in next months elections. He loves a vanity project.


Ah yes. I remember Evans's Churchillian balcony speech. We all know how that panned out!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 6571
Join date : 2011-12-04
Age : 26
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:54 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
beesrus wrote:
I was musing the other day about the latest apparent delay in any news regarding the actual refurbishment of the grandstand itself, among murmurs of problems with funding. I'm just wondering if Brent and Hallett are holding off decisions and go aheads to see if Argyle can get promoted in a few weeks. Would make sense.

If Argyle were to do the amazing, that would open up the championship cash doors. I find it impossible to believe the owners haven't thought of all that lovely extra guaranteed £6+ million in cash that would be "wasted" on championship level wages for the playing staff. If they just asked Adams for "one more year", risk an almost certain relegation, they could redirect most of that windfall away from the playing budget to bail out his ludicrous plans, and do a deal to pay off Todd and Gardner. It would be a game changer for their share values and herald changes in their plans for the stadium, that frankly look in chaos, alongside those for the ice rink.
Another possibility is that Brent has started his game early in pleading poverty to the council. He clearly will have a pop at some stage to try and squeeze a lot more ice rink money out of the council, and just maybe he's trying it on earlier than expected and including it all in one big HHP mess, stadium et al. 2020 is only 2 years away, the wider Central Park improvements are underway with money flying around, it's now or never. He clearly showed a long scale sliding agenda at Oldway trying to force the council's hand, so it's a possibility. I'm sure Hopwood will be earning his dosh.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out, if as expected Tudor Evans gets back in next months elections. He loves a vanity project.


I don't think PCC will be helpful at all should Labour regain control.

There was a time when PCC was very keen to be supportive of a new grandstand but that time has passed.

I heard ages ago that PCC under Tudor was willing to co-fund a new stand on a matched funding basis to the tune of £5m making £10m in total. Brent kept on pushing the deal until all patience and sympathy was extinguished and the relationship fell apart there and then amid much acrimony.

And since then Argyle has bought the freehold and PCC has no reason or excuse to be involved even if it wanted to.

No idea where the Tory-led PCC currently sits on this but I can't see them being any keener. Why should any council throw money at any entirely private business especially a Tory one?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   

Back to top Go down
 
The Mankover all action Thread.
Back to top 
Page 29 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: