Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 The Mankover all action Thread.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
P.O.I
Admin
avatar

Posts : 764
Join date : 2017-11-04
Age : 92
Location : Kingdom Of The Kuntasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:16 pm

So, has the difference between what Brent wants to pay and the contractors want to charge still being fought out at the O.K crapshack Corral?

_______________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 27
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:25 pm

P.O.I wrote:
So, has the difference between what Brent wants to pay and the contractors want to charge still being fought out at the O.K crapshack Corral?

Going nowhere fast...
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4496
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:34 pm

Ten weeks tomorrow since Jimmy got the go ahead and fvck all has happened!!
tumbleweed tumbleweed tumbleweed
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 11127
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:36 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Ten weeks tomorrow since Jimmy got the go ahead and fvck all has happened!!
tumbleweed tumbleweed tumbleweed

now now thats nt strictly true,,, they moved out despite no dae being set or contract signed lol
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4496
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:07 pm

Angry wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Ten weeks tomorrow since Jimmy got the go ahead and fvck all has happened!!
tumbleweed tumbleweed tumbleweed

now now thats nt strictly true,,, they moved out despite no dae being set or contract signed lol
Its all smoke and mirrors, you have to look like somethings happening whilst in reality nothings happend!
Wonder if the Senior Brents will be worshiping Jimmy on a coach this time next year if nothing happens sadly i expect they will.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2818
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:14 pm

Appreciate the mirth, and I for one would be delighted if the guy was found to be short of a trowel, but that doesn't make sense given the dependant real earners to follow. I suspect work will start by the end of the season. The final price to the football club is where the skeletons are.

So far, £4million for original revamp, extra £1million for revamp rumoured, £1 million to pay back fans for "far post club", £1 million for roof. 7 million and counting ..... for what ?? Better eating facilities for the terminally hungry, mothballed corners and reinstated seating in the Mayflower ? Much much more than the previoius property leveraging that started the problems, and that's after a promised "free new grandstand". That's an awful lot of bunce gone somewhere unfathomable from the original story told. Same old same old with these characters.
I think the club is being loaded with far too much debt for what it is getting, with other assumed land assets disappearing out into the Sound.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4496
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:28 pm

beesrus wrote:
Appreciate the mirth, and I for one would be delighted if the guy was found to be short of a trowel, but that doesn't make sense given the dependant real earners to follow. I suspect work will start by the end of the season. The final price to the football club is where the skeletons are.

So far, £4million for original revamp, extra £1million for revamp rumoured, £1 million to pay back fans for "far post club", £1 million for roof. 7 million and counting ..... for what ?? Better eating facilities for the terminally hungry and reinstated seating in ythe Mayflower ? Much much more than the previoius property leveraging that started the problems. Same old same old with these characters. I think the club is being loaded with far too much debt for what it is getting. One has to wonder why ?
Unless Community Si, is going to lend the club( Himself and Jim), yet more money this dogs breakfast of a scheme looks doomed to me, if this does all go pearshaped and the club folds at least the Community Gang will have a nice Brown field site to develop overlooking whats left of Central Park...... unlikely maybe but it could well happen.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3575
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:27 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Appreciate the mirth, and I for one would be delighted if the guy was found to be short of a trowel, but that doesn't make sense given the dependant real earners to follow. I suspect work will start by the end of the season. The final price to the football club is where the skeletons are.

So far, £4million for original revamp, extra £1million for revamp rumoured, £1 million to pay back fans for "far post club", £1 million for roof. 7 million and counting ..... for what ?? Better eating facilities for the terminally hungry and reinstated seating in ythe Mayflower ? Much much more than the previoius property leveraging that started the problems. Same old same old with these characters. I think the club is being loaded with far too much debt for what it is getting. One has to wonder why ?
Unless Community Si, is going to lend the club( Himself and Jim), yet more money this dogs breakfast of a scheme looks doomed to me, if this does all go pearshaped and the club folds at least the Community Gang will have a nice Brown field site to develop overlooking whats left of Central Park...... unlikely maybe but it could well happen.

I've always said I think I'd rather of taken the chance at a phoenix club then have brent in charge in hindsight
Back to top Go down
mandela



Posts : 37
Join date : 2011-12-02

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:04 pm

As a Phoenix Club there's a good chance we would be back in the football league with no debt burdens, with the Council owning the ground and no developer owner trying to build all over the park. I cant believe how the Herald promote this guy's planning stuff. Once all those shops and the hotel get built the publicmight wake up and realise what this con man has done to the city. Its going to be long term damage- I really hope it falls through somehow. Bad for the City- it goes further than football.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4262
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:07 am

'Bad for the City- it goes further than football.'

It is - and indeed it does.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3575
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:18 am

akagreengull wrote:
'Bad for the City- it goes further than football.'

It is - and indeed it does.

How many fingers does he have in the pie thats the city, Not kept up with it all.
But isn't he involved with Royal william yard, civic centre the old bus station to say the least.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1856
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:13 pm

non of those three.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4496
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:18 pm

Mankover update tumbleweed tumbleweed tumbleweed tumbleweed
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2818
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:29 pm

The bus station is in full building mode, diggers concrete and steel everywhere. Will make a huge difference to the former Bretonside eyesore. Maybe it's already given a new lease of life to the Kings Head that's now opened it's doors again. Very interesting how the old town centre is morphing slowly away from Frankfort Gate and the pasty and quick fag quarter up to the top end and on toward the Barbican. There does seem to be a bit of planning going on, something that's clearly missing in Brent's disjointed ideas. But then he's completely driven by land value uplift. Nothing else matters.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4829
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:36 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Mankover update tumbleweed tumbleweed tumbleweed tumbleweed

The main contract is due to be awarded in April according to Glenigan.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1876
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:43 am

beesrus wrote:
The bus station is in full building mode, diggers concrete and steel everywhere. Will make a huge difference to the former Bretonside eyesore. Maybe it's already given a new lease of life to the Kings Head that's now opened it's doors again. Very interesting how the old town centre is morphing slowly away from Frankfort Gate and the pasty and quick fag quarter up to the top end and on toward the Barbican. There does seem to be a bit of planning going on, something that's clearly missing in Brent's disjointed ideas. But then he's completely driven by land value uplift. Nothing else matters.

Doesn’t planning approvals for all schemes go through the same process. I suppose I could propose a crappy project but if it’s planning approved, then whose to blame, me or the approver ?
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2818
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:59 am

Graiser wrote:
who's to blame, me or the approver ?

You are, and a too easily corrupted system.

Another perfect example of profiteering chancers is the "stadium for cornwall" stand off up at Treyew, outside Truro. The aggressors are still fighting the council as we speak, as they try to defend the future of their still delightful and vibrant city centre against an outta town disaster that hardly anyone wants.
Another, an uneeded FOURTH supermarket at Long Rock outside Penzance, that was resisted for years by the local council. Market Jew St is on it's knees now. Councils have fewer and fewer defences these days.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1876
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:47 am

beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:
who's to blame, me or the approver ?

You are, and a too easily corrupted system.

Another perfect example of profiteering chancers is the "stadium for cornwall" stand off up at Treyew, outside Truro. The aggressors are still fighting the council as we speak, as they try to defend the future of their still delightful and vibrant city centre against an outta town disaster that hardly anyone wants.
Another, an uneeded FOURTH supermarket at Long Rock outside Penzance, that was resisted for years by the local council. Market Jew St is on it's knees now. Councils have fewer and fewer defences these days.

Disagree, whether, as your suggesting corruption is involved, the approver still has to take that responsibility, irrespective if brown envelopes have been involved.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2818
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:53 am

Yeah yeah, it was the victim's fault. "She was asking for it, the way she was dressed"
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1876
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:06 am

beesrus wrote:
Yeah yeah, it was the victim's fault. "She was asking for it, the way she was dressed"

You do have some issues having an objective debate don’t you ? i don’t see the correlation between the way young ladies may wish to dress themselves and the planning approval process and that’s from a person who has 5 daughters and 4 granddaughters so just for once stick to the OP.

Anyway got to go and seek planning permission from the wife to install a proposed model railway in my shed, could be difficult !
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4829
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:28 am

Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:
who's to blame, me or the approver ?

You are, and a too easily corrupted system.

Another perfect example of profiteering chancers is the "stadium for cornwall" stand off up at Treyew, outside Truro. The aggressors are still fighting the council as we speak, as they try to defend the future of their still delightful and vibrant city centre against an outta town disaster that hardly anyone wants.
Another, an uneeded FOURTH supermarket at Long Rock outside Penzance, that was resisted for years by the local council. Market Jew St is on it's knees now. Councils have fewer and fewer defences these days.

Disagree, whether, as your suggesting corruption is involved, the approver still has to take that responsibility, irrespective if brown envelopes have been involved.

I don't think he's suggesting anything of the sort. Changes in planning law mean that it is very hard for local government to refuse applications, expically those which come with jobs figures plucked from the air,so a refuse to grant a planning application can see building developers with far deeper pockets tie councils up in court,

Allied to this Local councils have borne the brunt of austerity to the extent their budget is 26% lower than it was in 2010, one of the first things to be cut were in house legal teams meaning greater expense with instructing externally.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2818
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:28 am

This is an objective debate. Councils all over the country have been legally bullied for decades by supermarkets for instance threatening legal action if they didn't get their way. Look up the history .Brent tried the same thing on Torbay council but they admirably called his bluff. It's called abuse of power. Harvey Weinstein is using the same "consensual" excuse as we "debate" here now.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1876
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:02 am

beesrus wrote:
This is an objective debate. Councils all over the country have been legally bullied for decades by supermarkets for instance threatening legal action if they didn't get their way. Look up the history .Brent tried the same thing on Torbay council but they admirably called  his bluff. It's called abuse of power. Harvey Weinstein is using the same "consensual" excuse as we "debate" here now.

Well there you are then, as you say, Torbay called his bluff and told him to sod off, PCC or any other council could act in the same way if they saw fit not to approve, PCC must have liked what they saw in front of them mustn’t they ? or are you suggesting something else ?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 27
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:33 am

Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:
This is an objective debate. Councils all over the country have been legally bullied for decades by supermarkets for instance threatening legal action if they didn't get their way. Look up the history .Brent tried the same thing on Torbay council but they admirably called  his bluff. It's called abuse of power. Harvey Weinstein is using the same "consensual" excuse as we "debate" here now.

Well there you are then, as you say, Torbay called his bluff and told him to sod off, PCC  or any other council could act in the same way if they saw fit not to approve, PCC must have liked what they saw in front of them mustn’t they ? or are you suggesting something else ?

I might suggest that PCC would have taken a totally different route had they known at the time that they were dealing with a complete shyster
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2818
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:54 am

Once it was clear what Brent was, PCC have done whatever they could to roll back things by getting rid of him  as preferred developer of the civic centre building. Don't forget, Brent spent a couple of years grooming the council within the Plymouth Devlopment organisation that has long since folded. They almost certainly rue the day the pavillions deal was done.
And the real HHP damage was done in the early days with the passing of his ludicrous Plan A that allowed "town use" at HHP. After that, it was almost impossible legally to refuse him permission this time around for further town use. And I'll say something else, it will almost be impossible under present rules to stop someone turning the "uneconomic" hotel and offices into residential appartments after a few years. We've been had.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   

Back to top Go down
 
The Mankover all action Thread.
Back to top 
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: