RegGreen
PlymptonPilgrim
seadog
sufferedsince 68
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 25, 2018 9:51 pm

Im struggling to understand why fans arent standing up and demanding answer of Brent rather than kiss his arse. 7 years is more than enough time to stop be grateful to someone who seems to put othing into the club himself.

Whats the point of having a fans trust if they arent going to step up.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 25, 2018 10:02 pm

I've only been to one Fans Fest but I wasn't inspired ever to go to a second. Don't get me wrong: I'm not knocking them, their obvious popularity speaks for their success, they just aren't for me. That said The Britannia isn't either, although amongst Wetherspoons pubs it is a gem, it just happens to serve a purpose by being nearby and on occasion is convenient - it was, frankly, bloody hideously packed and unpleasant before the Wigan game. The Fortescue is a great pub but it doesn't really serve brilliantly as a pre-football pub and it is a bit of a schlepp up to Home Park from there...

What I really want from my pre-match boozer is a chance to keep half an eye on the lunchtime match, whoever may be playing, and the chance to get a plate of something roughly equivalent to a decent plate of food.

The lack of televised football is what lets all three of the Fans Fests, The Brit and The Fort down and The Brit is the only one of the three that serves food and has the added advantage of being very cheap so of the three it probably wins, for me. I just wish it didn't get so rammed but, then again there is hardly anywhere else to go, apart from the Cherry Tree.

Speaking of which I think the Cherry is due for a makeover... it might even have already happened. Anybody been in there lately?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 25, 2018 10:14 pm

Brents pissing himself, the plebs give me money, pay to build their own supporters bar and still they thank me.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 26, 2018 3:07 am

Just feels we're in an never ending nightmare dream where brent just shafts all and sundry and people just doff their cap and say thank you squire.
Where the feck is the GT's £87,500 is the first question
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 26, 2018 7:58 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I've only been to one Fans Fest but I wasn't inspired ever to go to a second. Don't get me wrong: I'm not knocking them, their obvious popularity speaks for their success, they just aren't for me. That said The Britannia isn't either, although amongst Wetherspoons pubs it is a gem, it just happens to serve a purpose by being nearby and on occasion is convenient - it was, frankly, bloody hideously packed and unpleasant before the Wigan game. The Fortescue is a great pub but it doesn't really serve brilliantly as a pre-football pub and it is a bit of a schlepp up to Home Park from there...

What I really want from my pre-match boozer is a chance to keep half an eye on the lunchtime match, whoever may be playing, and the chance to get a plate of something roughly equivalent to a decent plate of food.

The lack of televised football is what lets all three of the Fans Fests, The Brit and The Fort down and The Brit is the only one of the three that serves food and has the added advantage of being very cheap so of the three it probably wins, for me. I just wish it didn't get so rammed but, then again there is hardly anywhere else to go, apart from the Cherry Tree.

Speaking of which I think the Cherry is due for a makeover... it might even have already happened. Anybody been in there lately?

Stoke Bar & Grill,4 screens.Upstairs and a downstairs , reasonable prices serves food plus get served pretty easily.

& It lays on a free bus down to the ground at 14.20. I tried it 3 seasons ago as I was sick of the Brit for the same reasons you mention.

Never looked back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 26, 2018 9:29 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

The bananabus leaves half an hour earlier for home matches to drop the lads down there. They all seem to enjoy it.

Stoke Bar & Grill,4 screens.Upstairs and a downstairs , reasonable prices serves food plus get served pretty easily.

& It lays on a free bus down to the ground at 14.20. I tried it 3 seasons ago as I was sick of the Brit for the same reasons you mention.

Never looked back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 26, 2018 9:35 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Never looked back.
As I travel by train normally head for the closest pub to station James Street Vaults - always plenty of both sets of fans in there prepared to share taxi to Ivor's van layby.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 26, 2018 10:31 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Embassy Club of course!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 26, 2018 10:47 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Never looked back.

Not something you have to worry about now lol!
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 26, 2018 4:08 pm

Went in Cherry Tree beginning of the season and was shocking. Sky had been cancelled and beer ran out due to lack of gas.

Tried it for Oldham game after the takeover had been announced. They had done very little but Sky back on (family of scallies watching Everton - Chelsea) , no food and usual crap beer selection on. It was very quiet for pre-Argyle, which wasn't sure if people had given up on it or because day after Black Eye Friday.

Presumably it will get full Sports Bar makeover like Kings Head dreckly.
Back to top Go down
Graham Clark

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 26, 2018 4:21 pm

The planning permission for the hybrid planning application was formally granted and and the decision notice was issued today by Plymouth City Council (26th January), which means the s106 agreement will have been signed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 26, 2018 4:41 pm

thanks Graham
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 26, 2018 4:46 pm

Graham Clark wrote:
The planning permission for the hybrid planning application was formally granted and and the decision notice was issued today by Plymouth City Council (26th January), which means the s106 agreement will have been signed.

Graham,

the decision notice on PCC Planning Portal states "GRANT OF OUTLINE PLANNING PERMISSION SUBJECT TO SECTION 106", so may not be concluded yet.

Surprised that the Decision Notice references outdated documents such as the drainage reports , which need revising in light of the additional car parking on current green space.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 1:11 am

I'm led to believe that our beloved leader gave a speech to assembled business gurus on Thursday evening (along with representatives from Sutton Harbour re: airport and lock gates - short story they're skint and Dan Macauley's Drakes Island dreamers short story pie in the sky) and two things stand out:

1) He implied that he's not an altruistic owner and is running Argyle as a business (no surprise there) and that...
2) Championship clubs lose on average £10 million a season so if he ran Argyle at that level for 10 years he'd lose £100 mill (no shit sherlock) so will not run Argyle as Championship side.

Apparently the Sutton Harbour guy got all the grief so Potter got off easily. He as good as said he's in it for the money and won't spend anything unless he can turn a profit.

He's taking the piss now, standing in front of a Plymouth audience and saying this shite.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 1:37 am

Greenlander wrote:
I'm led to believe that our beloved leader gave a speech to assembled business gurus on Thursday evening (along with representatives from Sutton Harbour re: airport and lock gates - short story they're skint and Dan Macauley's Drakes Island dreamers short story pie in the sky) and two things stand out:

1) He implied that he's not an altruistic owner and is running Argyle as a business (no surprise there) and that...
2) Championship clubs lose on average £10 million a season so if he ran Argyle at that level for 10 years he'd lose £100 mill (no shit sherlock) so will not run Argyle as Championship side.

Apparently the Sutton Harbour guy got all the grief so Potter got off easily. He as good as said he's in it for the money and won't spend anything unless he can turn a profit.

He's taking the piss now, standing in front of a Plymouth audience and saying this shite.

And he gets away with it because the wannabes con the green sheep by supporting his every whim on pisspotty, in the tents, hospitality troughs and via the media bitches at club and 'erald. Absolute parochial ass sniffers, the lot of 'em.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 8:06 am

Will not run Argo as a Championship side? Brent doesn't even run Argo as L2 side. Argo are run more like a Vanarama South club.

BRENT OUT NOW
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 8:38 am

Brent has said consistently since he unfortunately became a reluctant bidder/ owner, that he would not fund a championship club although of course when people start asking awkward questions he and the sap Starnes are quite happy to mention the C word.
The excuse for an owner has been taking the piss for six years Greenlander it's nothing new that he is saying. The keep it ticking over, keep it cheap culture will continue because he and his crony board know the eternally grateful will keep on a coming.
Greeeeeeeeen armeeeeeee!
geek
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 8:48 am

It's all in the daily rag today, to all you non believers it's all in hand (apparently).

News Plymouth News Home Park

Work to start soon on new £5m Plymouth Argyle Grandstand
Onlookers could see demolition start as early as February 2018 as club progresses major project.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 9:46 am

akagreengull wrote:
It's all in the daily rag today, to all you non believers it's all in hand (apparently).

Onlookers could see demolition start as early as February 2018 as club progresses major project.

Utter bollox. Reading that piece in the pathetic Akeron Arold - did you spot the 'Herald Understands'? and the number of 'coulds'? and where it says the 'new' Mayflower grandstand, whilst showing the fabled completed corners! Your average tent dwelling fuckwit will lap this shit up, and of course, Newell and his little bitch, Delilah De-Liar will be unable to control their jizz activety.

Feck all isn't happening any time soon. Who writes this misleading shite? Who believes this misleading shite?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 9:55 am

The questions Brent wont answer. Who is the Main Contractor? What is the start date?
The rest is just Bullshit.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 10:04 am

P.O.I wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Utter bollox. Reading that piece in the pathetic Akeron Arold - did you spot the 'Herald Understands'? and the number of 'coulds'? and where it says the 'new' Mayflower grandstand, whilst showing the fabled completed corners! Your average tent dwelling fuckwit will lap this shit up, and of course, Newell and his little bitch, Delilah De-Liar will be unable to control their jizz activety.

Feck all isn't happening any time soon. Who writes this misleading shite? Who believes this misleading shite?

The fact that the daily rag keeps churning out this shite every week is telling in itself.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 1:34 pm

Greenlander wrote:

To be fair to Brent he has never said anything different so this is hardly news. In fact I wouldn't even criticise him for it. What sticks in the craw is that any profit is obviously intended to go directly into his pension fund whereas I'd like to see it reinvested into the club.

This is where he and I diverge: for me it is all 100% about Argyle; for Brent it is all 100% about his bottom line.

No matter who might say what the two are not the same thing.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 1:54 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Greenlander wrote:

To be fair to Brent he has never said anything different so this is hardly news. In fact I wouldn't even criticise him for it. What sticks in the craw is that any profit is obviously intended to go directly into his pension fund whereas I'd like to see it reinvested into the club.

This is where he and I diverge: for me it is all 100% about Argyle; for Brent it is all 100% about his bottom line.

The man is a shyster end of !!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 7:09 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Greenlander wrote:

The difference between a businessman and the likes of Brent is that the businessman purs up a bit of his capital in the hope he makes a profit. Brent has invested feck all in this club and when the club has turned a profit it has gone into his pension pot with no risk taken whatsoever. He’s the lowest of the low
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 7:18 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Greenlander wrote:

The difference between a businessman and the likes of Brent is that the businessman purs up a bit of his capital in the hope he makes a profit. Brent has invested feck all in this club and when the club has turned a profit it has gone into his pension pot with no risk taken whatsoever. He’s the lowest of the low

Id make it a criminal offence to refer to him as a businessman.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next