Greenskin
seadog
Argyle_Union
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Argyle_Union

Argyle_Union

Argyle and 'modern football' Empty
PostSubject: Argyle and 'modern football'   Argyle and 'modern football' EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 4:59 pm

I'm interested in people's thoughts on the phenomena of ‘modern football?’ How can we as fans make sure our history and culture survives whilst growing as a club? So many fans of clubs in the Prem seem to feel like they've lost their identity as a result of stadium moves, massive wages/transfer fees, no local players etc. How does Argyle survive, thrive and become successful without selling its soul? Or are teams like Argyle struggling because of the excesses of modern football?
Back to top Go down
http://argyleunion.net

PostSubject: Re: Argyle and 'modern football'   Argyle and 'modern football' EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 5:16 pm

Argyle_Union wrote:
I'm interested in people's thoughts on the phenomena of ‘modern football?’ How can we as fans make sure our history and culture survives whilst growing as a club? So many fans of clubs in the Prem seem to feel like they've lost their identity as a result of stadium moves, massive wages/transfer fees, no local players etc. How does Argyle survive, thrive and become successful without selling its soul? Or are teams like Argyle struggling because of the excesses of modern football?

Rolling Eyes Good luck with that.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle and 'modern football'   Argyle and 'modern football' EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 6:02 pm

Local players? We seem intent on not playing local players or selling them.
Back to top Go down
Argyle_Union

Argyle_Union

PostSubject: Re: Argyle and 'modern football'   Argyle and 'modern football' EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 6:09 pm

seadog wrote:
Local players? We seem intent on not playing local players or selling them.

Exactly, teams don't generally have local players anymore, instead it's a high turnover of loan players every year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle and 'modern football'   Argyle and 'modern football' EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 6:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle and 'modern football'   Argyle and 'modern football' EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 6:27 pm

alannotivvy wrote:

lol! Succinct.
Back to top Go down
Argyle_Union

Argyle_Union

PostSubject: Re: Argyle and 'modern football'   Argyle and 'modern football' EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 6:27 pm

alannotivvy wrote:

What's your reasons for wanting Brent out? Hit me with the top 3.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Argyle and 'modern football'   Argyle and 'modern football' EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 6:40 pm

1.  Brent puts his own interests before the clubs.

2.  Nowhere near the level of "transparency" promised

3.  Try's to manipulate the fan base via his own set up supporters and advisory groups.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle and 'modern football'   Argyle and 'modern football' EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 7:04 pm

Argyle_Union wrote:

If we are worrying about losing our identity due to stadium moves, massive wages or transfer fees....then we have no worries at all about losing our identity. clown

I'd fookin love Argyle to be in a situation whereby someone comes in, eradicates the lower league village mentality that has pervaded PAFC for decades, and drags us into the 21st century.

Tragically, all Brent is interested in is running a skeleton-staffed shoe-stringed rank amateur set-up, and hoping beyond hope that Adams can do a Sturrock mk1 and get us into the 2nd tier. Then, and only then will his share of the club reach the necessary profit level he seeks.

But I digress.

So yeah, under the current regime there are zero worries about the phenomena of 'modern football' affecting our tinpot outfit.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle and 'modern football'   Argyle and 'modern football' EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 8:53 pm

Argyle_Union wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

1 No Ambition
2 No money (well not his own)
3 not reinvesting club money (least 1.5mill gone awol)
4 clubs run like a charity (bucket rattling) when its a privately run company
5 his a four eye harry potter looking wanker
Theres loads more the list is endless you ask just for 3 you can have the other 2 on me [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle and 'modern football'   Argyle and 'modern football' EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 10:31 pm

Greenskin wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

lol! Succinct.

the blokes a caaaant, No point sugar coating it. Stick yer bobble hats up yer arse
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle and 'modern football'   Argyle and 'modern football' EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 10:40 pm

Argyle_Union wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

1) Wembley money.
2) Liverpool money.
3) Gate money.

Where's the money going Brent?
scratch
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Argyle and 'modern football'   Argyle and 'modern football' EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 7:01 am

Argyle_Union wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

Serial train wreck and failure
Compulsive liar probably inherited from his Chauffeur
Zero transparency

and an added 4th because hes completely potless

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle and 'modern football'   Argyle and 'modern football' EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 8:06 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Argyle_Union wrote:

If we are worrying about losing our identity due to stadium moves, massive wages or transfer fees....then we have no worries at all about losing our identity. clown

I'd fookin love Argyle to be in a situation whereby someone comes in, eradicates the lower league village mentality that has pervaded PAFC for decades, and drags us into the 21st century.

Tragically, all Brent is interested in is running a skeleton-staffed shoe-stringed rank amateur set-up, and hoping beyond hope that Adams can do a Sturrock mk1 and get us into the 2nd tier. Then, and only then will his share of the club reach the necessary profit level he seeks.

But I digress.

So yeah, under the current regime there are zero worries about the phenomena of 'modern football' affecting our tinpot outfit.

Czarcs, I know we're not each others biggest of fans, and I don't give a feck if you read this or not, but I'll do the decent thing and offer a reply when I feel one is worthy of my time and effort. I think you have summed up our past, current and future aspirations perfectly. Absolutely bang on the money.

If you're offended by me even talking to you, please fill in the form below and return it to POI towers. Thank you. tongue
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Argyle and 'modern football'   Argyle and 'modern football' EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 10:49 am

'Mr Brent, we need a ninety quid camera for the academy'

'There's the bucket Kevin'
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Argyle and 'modern football'   Argyle and 'modern football' EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 2:05 pm

Argo Uni'un, yer fooking smack'ed. Is that you Steve? My little bro? Why no show at Chrimbo? Mam was devo
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle and 'modern football'   Argyle and 'modern football' EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 3:20 pm

Rickler wrote:

3.  Try's to manipulate the fan base via his own set up supporters and advisory groups.

Spot on.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Argyle and 'modern football'   Argyle and 'modern football' EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 3:37 pm

Brent and his culture of the superfans are killing the club. the gradual errosion of the clubs status until the height of our ambition will be being in the top half of league 1 playing in an 17000 stadium surrounding by money grabbing junk food shops, an Icerink and a vet.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle and 'modern football'   Argyle and 'modern football' EmptySun Jan 07, 2018 7:23 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Argyle_Union wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

1) Wembley money.
2) Liverpool money.
3) Gate money.

Where's the money going Brent?
scratch

Second that !!
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Argyle and 'modern football'   Argyle and 'modern football' EmptySun Jan 07, 2018 8:17 pm

Rickler wrote:

All spot on - I also can't trust a man who is a serial failure in business, who manipulates his way into receiving millions in public money whilst delivering nothing in return and who continues to endorse pathological liars, bullies, hooligans and frauds in positions of influence within the club.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle and 'modern football'   Argyle and 'modern football' Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle and 'modern football'
Page 1 of 1