sufferedsince 68
PatDunne
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tigertony

tigertony

January Sales - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 8:59 pm

One aim - stay up! If that means bringing in some journeymen on contracts for 6 months / year then so be it. ''Dave'' has shown that some unattached players are quite good. I think we will see 3 or 4 leaving in Jan on loan to Lge 2 sides or possibly ''mutual agreement'' and goodbye.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 9:22 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Graiser wrote:
In adam’s first season he made an error of mentioning what his budget was and set the wires burning, so imo whatever he mentions about his budget now will be total bollox as he won’t want any agent or player to know what loose change he may or may not have in his pocket, take his comments with a pinch of salt

Don't worry, old bees dislike of anything Adams says or does, or doesn't say or doesn't do, taints his posts somewhat. It wouldn't matter if we avoided relegation, made the play offs or won the league, it wouldn't be good enough for the dear old chap.

In fact anything that happens at HP these days isn't good enough, even the terrific performance by the kids this week in beating Man City, old bees had to have a snipe about that.

Still, his choice and his opinions I suppose, part of the rich tapestry that is ATD dontchaknow.

As for Adams, we all know he's under austerity rules, he did well the first 2 years, not quite with it this year, but working with a L2 budget in L1 makes it difficult. He is defensively minded, that much is clear, but I wonder how much of that is down to what he has to work with. Teams that are not quite good enough have to scrap and battle, scrape out a 0-0 draw, or a 1-0 win. That's where we are, and where we will be whilst Brent is in charge.

As for who he brings in, who knows - L1 or L2 standard journeymen players who can do a job for a year and hopefully keep us up, so that we can struggle again next year.

Lots to look forward to.

TBH the way this season’s panning out ole Derek needs to have a defensive mindset, bit like a poorer version of Mourinho ! not pretty but if it keeps us in L1 that’ll do for me for this season, but not next season!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 10:53 pm

Looking at the fixtures for the remainder of December and the whole of January, Argyle have got to get points on the board and whoever Adams brings in during January will need to be up for the challenge.

Hopefully he has got people lined up already ?.

How I think it might go :-

Oldham (h) win.
MK Dons (a) draw.
Blackpool (a) draw
Walsall (h) win.
Bury (h) win.
Doncaster (a) lose.
Wigan (h) lose.
Oldham (a) draw.

12 points and a grand total of 33. Whether that is good enough going into the final three months is anyone's guess.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 11:24 pm

Optimistic Village
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 9:21 pm

Speculation starts over the future of Plymouth Argyle midfielder Toumani Diagouraga (Taken from Brent's herald)

from the site wrote:
Three clubs linked with the 30-year-old, who is only under contract until the end of January

Plymouth Argyle midfielder Toumani Diagouraga is being linked with a possible move away from Home Park.

Diagouraga is a target for League One rivals Portsmouth and Shrewsbury Town, according to the 'Football League Zone' on social media site Twitter.

Championship strugglers Bolton Wanderers are also suggested to be interested in signing the 30-year-old.

Diagouraga agreed a short-term deal with Argyle until the end of January when he arrived at Home Park as a free agent in October.

The speculation about his future comes after Argyle manager Derek Adams told Herald Sport last week that the club had opened talks with Diagouraga about extending his contract until the end of the season.

Diagouraga has made 12 starts for the Pilgrims in the centre of midfield, bringing a powerful and experienced presence to the team.

He also came up with the 90th minute winning goal when Argyle beat Gillingham 2-1 at Home Park earlier this month.

So i guess for the whole of next month we are going to be cock teased by the club about whether he is staying or going and leave it to the very last minute to act on his desicion if its too go as always.

Why cant we show some feckin ambition in signing players like Diagouraga to longer deals than 6 months here and then another in january, or worse 1 year followed by an automatic extension which he can walk for free at the end of it. His signing has been such a postitive to our team that our midfield looks stronger alongside Fox and Songo'o just behind them. Far more ability than Ness who's shit.

Our board are a joke.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 9:49 pm

I'd give Diagouraga a contract from now until the end of the '19/'20 season in a heart beat.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
TJOA

PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 10:03 pm

Angry wrote:
Speculation starts over the future of Plymouth Argyle midfielder Toumani Diagouraga (Taken from Brent's herald)

from the site wrote:
Three clubs linked with the 30-year-old, who is only under contract until the end of January

Plymouth Argyle midfielder Toumani Diagouraga is being linked with a possible move away from Home Park.

Diagouraga is a target for League One rivals Portsmouth and Shrewsbury Town, according to the 'Football League Zone' on social media site Twitter.

Championship strugglers Bolton Wanderers are also suggested to be interested in signing the 30-year-old.

Diagouraga agreed a short-term deal with Argyle until the end of January when he arrived at Home Park as a free agent in October.

The speculation about his future comes after Argyle manager Derek Adams told Herald Sport last week that the club had opened talks with Diagouraga about extending his contract until the end of the season.

Diagouraga has made 12 starts for the Pilgrims in the centre of midfield, bringing a powerful and experienced presence to the team.

He also came up with the 90th minute winning goal when Argyle beat Gillingham 2-1 at Home Park earlier this month.

So i guess for the whole of next month we are going to be cock teased by the club about whether he is staying or going and leave it to the very last minute to act on his desicion if its too go as always.

Why cant we show some feckin ambition in signing players like Diagouraga to longer deals than 6 months here and then another in january, or worse 1 year followed by an automatic extension which he can walk for free at the end of it.  His signing has been such a postitive to our team that our midfield looks stronger alongside Fox and Songo'o just behind them. Far more ability than Ness who's shit.

Our board are a joke.

How do you know it wasn't the players choice?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 10:24 pm

TJOA wrote:
Angry wrote:

from the site wrote:

Why cant we show some feckin ambition in signing players like Diagouraga to longer deals than 6 months here and then another in january, or worse 1 year followed by an automatic extension which he can walk for free at the end of it.  His signing has been such a postitive to our team that our midfield looks stronger alongside Fox and Songo'o just behind them. Far more ability than Ness who's shit.

Our board are a joke.

How do you know it wasn't the players choice?

pay peanuts and what do expect .

Last edited by Angry on Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 10:25 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I'd give Diagouraga a contract from now until the end of the '19/'20 season in a heart beat.

hes earnt it certainly.
Back to top Go down
TJOA

PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 10:31 pm

Angry wrote:
yes how do we know mr obvious dog of wor :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

I'm afraid I'm not down with the lingo, could you explain dog of wor?
I don't see what's amusing, we have no idea how the contract was negotiated. Given he was without a club until the date he was, yet is seen as a championship level player and ended up at a team struggling in League 1, we have no idea who wanted what. We could have just been a better option than no wage for a few months.

Hopefully we can keep hold of him, certainly better than Ness ever showed potential to be.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 8:24 am

More footballing hyperbole in the Brent rag today - basically Derek is the man to take Akkeron Argo forward to safety, Derek has the budget he asked for and Argo won't get relegated. Apparently Derek "is very reasonable in his ask" and is a very reasonable manager all round.
In fact it's all looking good and what could go wrong?
My take on it is, that in terms of player quality we have a relegation squad, Derek is a yes man to Brent, and Brent is a master at not spending money because as we know his interest lies elsewhere.
I really am looking forward to the start of the cricket season.
Enjoy.
cheers
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 8:33 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Optimistic Village

But in line be with current form which is play-off standard (7th) over 10 league games (6th over 6).

Think Plympton has it spot on that teams that aren’t quite good enough have to scrap and battle for everything to survive, which is largely why Adams appears so defensive. Personally think he’s sussed it enough for us to stay in this division, injuries permitting and some strengthening added next month.

Will be like this until Brent fakks orf though so we’re League Two in waiting unless something shifts.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 8:50 am

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Optimistic Village

But in line be with current form which is play-off standard (7th) over 10 league games (6th over 6).

Think Plympton has it spot on that teams that aren’t quite good enough have to scrap and battle for everything to survive, which is largely why Adams appears so defensive. Personally think he’s sussed it enough for us to stay in this division, injuries permitting and some strengthening added next month.

Will be like this until Brent fakks orf though so we’re League Two in waiting unless something shifts.

Pretty much this. Although I would add that even last year when, comparatively, we had a better squad than the majority of League 2, Adams style was very similar. One up top which means when that lone striker doesn’t get the support from the flanks it is a real struggle.

There have been huge mitigating circumstances this year, mind.  Seven (7) keepers before Xmas is off the scale rediculous. Losing your Key striker to a leg break ( with his replacement being shit) and more than a seasons worth of red cards in the space of a month would cripple a lot of clubs.

So yeah, Adams can’t afford to get it wrong in January and if he doesn’t, I think we’ll be ok and even possibly threaten my pre-season prediction of 14th.

That said, if Diagouraga goes, we is fooked!
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 9:23 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Optimistic Village

Pretty much this. Although I would add that even last year when, comparatively, we had a better squad than the majority of League 2, Adams style was very similar. One up top which means when that lone striker doesn’t get the support from the flanks it is a real struggle.

There have been huge mitigating circumstances this year, mind.  Seven (7) keepers before Xmas is off the scale rediculous. Losing your Key striker to a leg break ( with his replacement being shit) and more than a seasons worth of red cards in the space of a month would cripple a lot of clubs.

So yeah, Adams can’t afford to get it wrong in January and if he doesn’t, I think we’ll be ok and even possibly threaten my pre-season prediction of 14th.

That said, if Diagouraga goes, we is fooked!

Fair play, Czarcs, and i’ve been to very few games this season so my judgement is based on far less evidence than yours.

Would be interesting to know if Adams tells them to sit deep after scoring or if the team just goes into its shell a bit with the advantage in place.

Is Diagouraga only signed up until Jan?
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 9:25 am

Sorry, just seen the detail re: Diagouraga. Feck.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 9:27 am

We will stay up, 14th is very doable, so much dross just above us unable to muster a point a game without our mitigating circumstances, and I don't mean just budget, DA nicely lined up by Brent to be the fall guy if the Jan sales fail to save us, 'he had all he asked for' and how that Mr Brent loves a 'reasonable ask'
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 10:46 am

So Diagouraga is off to another L1 team then, albeit an ambitious one chasing promotion with a proper owner. With DA stating he only has a brent 'budget' again in January relegation is now merely a formality.

BRENT OUT NOW
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 11:47 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Optimistic Village

It is, in it ?

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 12:28 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Optimistic Village
Hope, Derbyshire?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 12:47 pm

Freathy wrote:
So Diagouraga is off to another L1 team then, albeit an ambitious one chasing promotion with a proper owner.  With DA stating he only has a brent 'budget' again in January relegation is now merely a formality.

BRENT OUT NOW
Akkeron man will only allow sticking plaster crap loans, or wankers from the jobcentre with issues, Argo in my opinion will finsh bottom, they are that poor.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 1:07 pm

Sixth best form in the league currently Suffers and uncle Jim tells us "reasonable ask" Adams is the man for the job to keep us up.
All looking good according to uncle Jim. albino
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 1:13 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Sixth best form in the league currently Suffers and uncle Jim tells us "reasonable ask" Adams is the man for the job to keep us up.
All looking good according to uncle Jim. albino
Was that the same Uncle Jim who promised the Sheep a free Ministand? lol! lol! lol! Six years of Uncle Jim tells me all i need to know about Uncle geek geek santa santa cheers
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 3:19 pm

You old cynic you. laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January Sales   January Sales - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

January Sales
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2