Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
d3d4football



Posts : 32
Join date : 2017-03-24

PostSubject: A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle   Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:24 pm

Hi all,

Our Rotherham Correspondent Ian Bradley gives his take on your draw in Yorkshire

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

thanks
James
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 11111
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle   Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:52 pm

seems like the same story every week from Argyle, we play not too lose.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2791
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle   Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:05 pm

Sort of reflects the squire's personal attitude to business. Neither of them know any other way.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1868
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle   Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:33 pm

I would expect that would apply to most if not all businessmen
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1840
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle   Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:39 pm

Graiser wrote:
I would expect that would apply to most if not all businessmen



I'm sure it does, however many also invest in order to succeed, Brent is looking to invest in property and not the playing squad.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2791
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle   Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:50 pm

Graiser wrote:
I would expect that would apply to most if not all businessmen

Your comments are insulting to some in business. Many people have ethics in their business dealings. Even in Victorian times you had the likes of Clarks and Cadburys. And there are still large mutuals and cooperatives, government run bodies and vendors, functioning with a modicum of decency. Your view of the business world being totally sick, I don't agree with. Those with bad practice should be exposed and hounded out of their marketplaces.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1868
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle   Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:06 pm

beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:
I would expect that would apply to most if not all businessmen

Your comments are insulting to some in business. Many people have ethics in their business dealings. Even in Victorian times you had the likes of Clarks and Cadburys. And there are still large mutuals and cooperatives, government run bodies and vendors, functioning with a modicum of decency. Your view of the business world being totally sick, I don't agree with. Those with bad practice should be exposed and hounded out of their marketplaces.

Well if we were in Victorian times an apple and an orange in my Christmas sack would have been more than sufficient but like it or not, we’re not, maybe you can direct your venom at FB, Amazon, Google and the rest of the conglomerates screwing the lower classes, Brent’s not doing anything different than most businessmen, working the system
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1868
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle   Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:11 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Graiser wrote:
I would expect that would apply to most if not all businessmen



I'm sure it does, however many also invest in order to succeed, Brent is looking to invest in property and not the playing squad.

You maybe right, this season’s a tightrope alright, but my cups still half full — just
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2791
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle   Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:13 pm

It's venom now, is it, to want fair dealings in business, community and the local parish pro football club ? dear oh dear.
Just because some global barons are getting away with murder, doesn't mean we should egg on Brent to mimic them. If it's a law of the jungle you secretly want, please let me know, so I know how to behave when you're around. I'm sure I would cope personally. Hey, maybe we should all be like it..... no such thing as society, it could catch on.
I'm rather more optimistic and realistic than that scenario.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1868
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle   Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:27 pm

Brent may well be a lot of what’s being suggested on here but if you want to build a case against him, accusing him of making a personal and business profit doesn’t cut it, no business person is in it for the social niceties of life, I’m sure there are ATD members who own or manage businesses, and they’re in it to earn some dosh, not lose it, whether any of us like it or not.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1840
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle   Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:30 pm

Maybe it's the asset stripping for personal gain whilst keeping our club on a life support budget that inflames many......
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2791
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle   Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:31 pm

I and all my siblings, and parents before us, have all spent most of our lives in business. You haven't. I think I know something about the subject. You're way off what motivates many people. Money often isn't the driver to get out of the employee thing, believe me. If money were the driver, I would have headed toward the executive route, just like Jim, just like Gardner.
You go on about Brent as if he's some business guru. Most oh his life has been spent in some plum employee situation. Get real.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1868
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle   Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:41 pm

beesrus wrote:
I and all my siblings, and parents before us, have all spent most of our lives in business. You haven't. I think I know something about the subject. You're way off what motivates many people.

Haven’t I ? You know very little about me and I know sod all about you and have no wish to, and I’m very confident in my motivational abilities thankyou, but your turning this into a personal issue which I’ve no interest in as this thread should not be about you, nor me for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1868
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle   Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:44 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Maybe it's the asset stripping for personal gain whilst keeping our club on a life support budget that inflames many......

I think we all have feelings that way, let’s see of the proverbial shovel does get stuck in before March as he’s suggesting.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2791
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle   Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:44 pm

You're the one that started the subject and bad mouthed all people running their own businesses as if they have no ethics. Talk about what you have experience about.
Those very same business people you have such a dim view of are the very same small businesses that Squire Jim decided to give next to tuppence  in the pound in his admin deal. As we have all seen since, he could have tagged on the extra half million or so to the deal, including the St John Ambulance, to the millions owed to well off footballers, but he chose not to. Bad form, very bad form.


Last edited by beesrus on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1868
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle   Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:53 pm

Your a sensationalist, I’ve been merely trying to say all business people are in it to make a profit or else what’s the point of being in business, over and out.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2791
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle   Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:59 pm

Profit, like a decent wage, is not a sin. Excessive profit, bad ethic and deception is the problem. Don't try and excuse Brent by hiding him under the belly of a sheep Odysseus style.
You started the throw away propaganda, not me.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 2971
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle   Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:47 am

Graiser wrote:
Your a sensationalist, I’ve been merely trying to say all business people are in it to make a profit or else what’s the point of being in business, over and out.

I've been in business for 90% of my life, I paid the living wage before there was such a thing, Brent pays the minimum wage if he can't get the volunteers to do it for free, it's called ethics and Jimmy doesn't have any. His screwing of Argyle is a walk in the park because of apologists such as yourselves. I just don't get the argument that if Brent doesn't screw the club somebody else will do. We are all part of Brent's Argyle family until there is a profit to be had which is then his and not the families.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1840
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle   Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:14 am

buy the car park from the club for the 'full value' circa £400,000 get planning and revalue it at £800,000 plus - so PAFC could have got planning permission and sold it to Brent for double.....
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1868
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle   Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:32 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Your a sensationalist, I’ve been merely trying to say all business people are in it to make a profit or else what’s the point of being in business, over and out.

I've been in business for 90% of my life, I paid the living wage before there was such a thing, Brent pays the minimum wage if he can't get the volunteers to do it for free, it's called ethics and Jimmy doesn't have any. His screwing of Argyle is a walk in the park because of apologists such as yourselves. I just don't get the argument that if Brent doesn't screw the club somebody else will do. We are all part of Brent's Argyle family until there is a profit to be had which is then his and not the families.

I understand what you say, but you weren’t in business to make a loss, in regard to volunteers surely that’s they’re choice, i do 2 days volunteering for a company in Plympton, if I and a few others insisted on payment the company couldn’t sustain it and would make a loss, so my choice and I assume if Brent is using voluntary staff that’s they’re choice also.
For the record, I’m not a Brent apologist, I’m not a Brent anything, he just happens to be the person who took ownership of a club I’ve supported for over 50 years following the balls up the previous board made, now you might form the opinion that board acted unethically resulting in the screwing over many small businesses.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2791
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle   Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:43 pm

Brent could quite easily have agreed to pay back the local small businesses including St John Ambulance. He decided not to. It wasn't a deal breaker in balance sheet terms.
You ARE a Brent something. You ARE a Brent apologist. You're saying he's just following the way of the day. He is nothing like good hearted and well meaning local business folk who try to do the best they can, often  for less than many average paid lifer employees as yourself.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1840
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle   Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:01 pm

There's a world of difference in volunteering to help, say Plym Valley Railway who cant afford to pay and Brent owned PAFC who have posted three years of profits.....
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1868
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle   Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:46 pm

beesrus wrote:
Brent could quite easily have agreed to pay back the local small businesses including St John Ambulance. He decided not to. It wasn't a deal breaker in balance sheet terms.
You ARE a Brent something. You ARE a Brent apologist. You're saying he's just following the way of the day. He is nothing like good hearted and well meaning local business folk who try to do the best they can, often  for less than many average paid lifer employees as yourself.

You can stand on your soap box and accuse and assume of me of what you like as I know it’s all bollox, and it makes no difference to me as it’s coming from you, but I’ll say again in easy language, trying to make a case of “Brent Out” based on a businessman making money ain’t going to cut it, needs to be something rather more constructive than that.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1868
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle   Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:48 pm

PatDunne wrote:
There's a world of difference in volunteering to help, say Plym Valley Railway who cant afford to pay and Brent owned PAFC who have posted three years of profits.....

Not strictly correct Pat, Plym Valley do remunerate some but I do take your point.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
avatar

Posts : 10103
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 56
Location : Berkshire

PostSubject: Re: A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle   Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:23 pm

Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Brent could quite easily have agreed to pay back the local small businesses including St John Ambulance. He decided not to. It wasn't a deal breaker in balance sheet terms.
You ARE a Brent something. You ARE a Brent apologist. You're saying he's just following the way of the day. He is nothing like good hearted and well meaning local business folk who try to do the best they can, often  for less than many average paid lifer employees as yourself.

You can stand on your soap box and accuse and assume of me of what you like as I know it’s all bollox, and it makes no difference to me as it’s coming from you, but I’ll say again in easy language, trying to make a case of “Brent Out” based on a businessman making money ain’t going to cut it, needs to be something rather more constructive than that.

I think it is somewhere in the middle. Yes businessmen want to make money but it is the way they do it that counts.

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle   

Back to top Go down
 
A Rotherham fans view Millers 1-1 Argyle
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: