AFT Update 15th December 2017

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SteelCannon

PostSubject: AFT Update 15th December 2017   Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:18 pm

Back to top Go down
beesrus

PostSubject: Re: AFT Update 15th December 2017   Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:34 pm

So, not a dicky concerning disappointment regarding the ACV obtained by the Trust. Did that actually happen, or did I miss something ?
They opposed the application, but now are happy the application passed unanimously ? Weird, and doesn't augur well.
Bob's back
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: AFT Update 15th December 2017   Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:16 pm

AFT - Argyle Funding Trust? Argyle Fawning Trust? I wish I knew what the letters stood for.....
Back to top Go down
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: AFT Update 15th December 2017   Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:56 am

beesrus wrote:
So, not a dicky concerning disappointment regarding the ACV obtained by the Trust. Did that actually happen, or did I miss something ?
They opposed the application, but now are happy the application passed unanimously ? Weird, and doesn't augur well.
Bob's back

Didn't the ACV deal with the selling of the club? In that case, it wouldn't even be relevant to recent developments as Argyle aren't being sold.

Well, maybe down the river?
Back to top Go down
beesrus

PostSubject: Re: AFT Update 15th December 2017   Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:04 am

As far as I understand it, the ACV applied to HHP.
It's a weird statement given that the AFT opposed the planning application. Sounds like a 180 degree turnaround to me.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: AFT Update 15th December 2017   Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:30 am

beesrus wrote:
As far as I understand it, the ACV applied to HHP.
It's a weird statement given that the AFT opposed the planning application. Sounds like a 180 degree turnaround to me.

Maybe you did "miss something..?"

http://www.argylefanstrust.com/2016/02/26/home-park-is-granted-asset-of-community-value-status/
Back to top Go down
beesrus

PostSubject: Re: AFT Update 15th December 2017   Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:10 am

The whole stadium  and surrounds is known as HHP. The car park "prised away" from "the club" by way of the council was also part of what is known as HHP, as opposed to Central Park. The ACV was to protect the stadium bit, yes, from the club owner from doing the wrong thing. If you think a private office block on HHP land that was earmarked for the club's use is a good thing, then there's nothing to discuss.

Clearly there is no ACV legal impediment to Brent's bit he stripped, and I said so at the time when the ACV was granted, just as I said parking would not bring down this application. But I would have thought the Trust would have issued less of a glowing tribute to this decision, given that they actually opposed it in the first place. It says to me, they're going to get in line yet again. Which has become a bit of a habit after they take a dressing down from the usual suspects and owners. Any successful trust needs to be consistent in it's approach. I'm not sure they know what they want.
For me personally, while I have time for some of the new board members, they certainly don't represent my views where the park is concerned, and is why I've never been a member. I've talked with some of them in the past re the club and how it is being used to grab bits of the park, with another 3 fields in the pipeline as I type. Suffice to say, we don't see eye to eye on some things.
It all goes back to why Foot resigned because he saw no way bits of a public park and amenity should be in private hands, Clearly, the Trust does not share that view
Back to top Go down
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: AFT Update 15th December 2017   Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:39 am

beesrus wrote:
The whole stadium  and surrounds is known as HHP. The car park "prised away" from "the club" by way of the council was also part of what is known as HHP, as opposed to Central Park. The ACV was to protect the stadium bit, yes, from the club owner from doing the wrong thing. If you think a private office block on HHP land that was earmarked for the club's use is a good thing, then there's nothing to discuss.

Clearly there is no ACV legal impediment to Brent's bit he stripped, and I said so at the time when the ACV was granted, just as I said parking would not bring down this application. But I would have thought the Trust would have issued less of a glowing tribute to this decision, given that they actually opposed it in the first place. It says to me, they're going to get in line yet again. Which has become a bit of a habit after they take a dressing down from the usual suspects and owners. Any successful trust needs to be consistent in it's approach. I'm not sure they know what they want.
For me personally, while I have time for some of the new board members, they certainly don't represent my views where the park is concerned, and is why I've never been a member. I've talked with some of them in the past re the club and how it is being used to grab bits of the park, with another 3 fields in the pipeline as I type. Suffice to say, we don't see eye to eye on some things.
It all goes back to why Foot resigned because he saw no way bits of a public park and amenity should be in private hands, Clearly, the Trust does not share that view

You don't seem to get it at all...

Nothing you have mentioned has to do with the selling of the club - which is what the ACV is concerned with.

You're just off yet again on some irrelevant tangent.

Focus!

Last edited by Rickler on Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: AFT Update 15th December 2017   Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:44 am

Steely what do you mean by canvass the members as to a course of action....??
The development is now approved give or take nothing from this moment on will change anything. I offered to fund an appeal should the ACV not stop the office block build but this is all going pear shaped.
Its over. Not withstanding none of the HHP2 part will be built. That was dead in the water 2 weeks ago when the clown told the Herald he was looking for financial partners.
Surely the thick twat should have had that all sown up subject to contract and approval pre the council decision
Back to top Go down
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: AFT Update 15th December 2017   Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:05 am

The ACV was never going to stop the "office block build" because it was never the ACV's remit.

The ACV deals with the sale of the club - something entirely different.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: AFT Update 15th December 2017   Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:37 am

Rickler wrote:
The ACV was never going to stop the "office block build" because it was never the ACV's remit.

The ACV deals with the sale of the club - something entirely different.

Fair enough but what the hell have we been banging on about just that here and across at freechat as well this last 6 months.....clearly once again smoke and mirrors from both sides of the coin
Back to top Go down
beesrus

PostSubject: Re: AFT Update 15th December 2017   Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:49 am

Rickler wrote:

You don't seem to get it at all...

Nothing you have mentioned has to do with the selling of the club - which is what the ACV is concerned with.

You're just off yet again on some irrelevant tangent.

Focus!

Rolling Eyes
My focus is fine and I'll decide what's relevant to me, if that's ok with you.  lol!
You clearly don't get it either.

You ..club first ...  park irrelevant

Me... park first ... club second.

Clear enough ? You seem a bit pedestrian when it comes to the thoughts of others. I guess they're not important.
My position on the AFT is I'm disappointed with their overly gushing statement given their history on stadium development to date. In effect, they're rubber stamping the removal of the entire HHP car park from the club's available resources for ever. I don't even think the stand renovation itself is a good plan, even more so when the stadium corners are clearly left for another future stripping opportunity and even more commercial development not related to the club. And that's coming from someone who initially would prefer a mixture of old and new, but not this plan.
Back to top Go down
argyledad

PostSubject: Re: AFT Update 15th December 2017   Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:08 pm

Sadly the ACV only kicks in if there is a change of ownership or usage outside the local planning recomendations. Councillors accepted the statement by their planning officer that this application did not contravene the ACV status. It could well be argued that 200 plus office spaces is a clear contravention.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: AFT Update 15th December 2017   Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:02 am

argyledad wrote:
Sadly the ACV only kicks in if there is a change of ownership or usage outside the local planning recomendations. Councillors accepted the statement by their planning officer that this application did not contravene the ACV status. It could well be argued that 200 plus office spaces is a clear contravention.

Why doesnt the AFT put in a legal challenge/appeal over that clear contravention...?? Was is not you guys who obtained it in the first place ??
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: AFT Update 15th December 2017   Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:26 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
argyledad wrote:

Why doesnt the AFT put in a legal challenge/appeal over that clear contravention...??  Was is not you guys who obtained it in the first place ??

The plan to build an office block on the car park is a clear contravention. But as Bob says the ACV only kicks in if Brent sells up.

I wonder if he has sold the Pavilions yet?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: AFT Update 15th December 2017   Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:30 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
argyledad wrote:

Why doesnt the AFT put in a legal challenge/appeal over that clear contravention...??  Was is not you guys who obtained it in the first place ??

The plan to build an office block on the car park is a clear contravention. But as Bob says the ACV only kicks in if Brent sells up.  

I wonder if he has sold the Pavilions yet?

Thats not what Bob said...."Sadly the ACV only kicks in if there is a change of ownership OR usage outside the local planning recomendations"
Back to top Go down
beesrus

PostSubject: Re: AFT Update 15th December 2017   Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:37 pm

Of course, if you want the definitive judgement on all UK law, including the relatively new ACVs, and what goes down in Plymouth parks, you have to ask America to decide, as will be more and more the case in the next few years. Luckily we have a west coast Trumpette on our books already, so legal advice is never a problem.  Razz
The point is this whole hybrid plan is going against  the spirit of the original sale of parkland to PAFC and an ACV sought by the only accepted body anywhere near a group mouthpiece for customers of a private business. Certain assets were council owned and passed on to a community enterprise on the understanding that those land assets would be used for sporting/footy/leisure use only, regardless of a further ACV. I am fully aware that the original HHP plans passed a few years back allowing town use were the real problem here. Some might suspect the permissions and change of use obtained at that time were all that was aimed for, and that there was never a serious chance of those plans having any economic sense.

Anyway, some Johnny come lately banker decides to asset strip a good portion of that land for personal profit. No one can deny that an ice arena, that is bound to fail economically ( that isn't necessarily a reason not to build a public amenity, the armed forces or NHS don't turn a profit ), does indeed fit the idea of understood use of the land. But no way does an office block.  I would have thought the AFT's statement would have been worded rather stronger than it was but there you go, I'm not a member, not likely to be with statements like these, so some would say I have no right to complain. Well, as a city resident first, and a fan second, I do have the right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AFT Update 15th December 2017   Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:18 pm

You guys still alive ?
Back to top Go down
beesrus

PostSubject: Re: AFT Update 15th December 2017   Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:12 am

Bob's back in the seat. Waddayu think ?
My guess of the next interdiction, will be a mank about the fans. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AFT Update 15th December 2017   

Back to top Go down