Mock Cuncher
Peggy
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Peggy

Peggy

Open message to Ian Newell - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open message to Ian Newell   Open message to Ian Newell - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 6:29 pm

He really should take a break from the internet. Hopefully forever.

Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Open message to Ian Newell   Open message to Ian Newell - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 6:40 pm

He wasn't involved in having you removed from the programme is his latest line.

I notice how he doesn't mention the fact he's contacted employers in the past.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Open message to Ian Newell   Open message to Ian Newell - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 6:46 pm

X Isle wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
I would look forward to PASOTI members debating various topics by allowing our members to post, as just suggested by X Isle 'over there', many eyes would be opened, mostly from their 'side'......

I doubt many opinions would change Pat, but folk should be able to avail themselves of all available alternate opinions before forming their own. That is a definite PASOTI failing.

Being even handed, ATD isn't exactly the gold standard of being open to all viewpoints either of course.

Only by viewing and absorbing both sites will a fully rounded snapshot of the Argyle fan base be discovered. Both sites should be a bit more open to broader discussion.  But we are where we are and even suggesting that will put me at odds with both sites.

So be it, being popular was never an aspiration Very Happy

A very Merry Christmas to all ATD'ers nonetheless santa  

And a very Merry Christmas to you, too, Mr Isle.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Open message to Ian Newell   Open message to Ian Newell - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 6:53 pm

Merry Christmas to everyone on here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Open message to Ian Newell   Open message to Ian Newell - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 7:14 pm

X Isle wrote:

Being even handed, ATD isn't exactly the gold standard of being open to all viewpoints either of course.

I totally refute that. I would be considered someone that goes against the grain on some matters here, but ATD, as a moderated forum, hardly ever gets involved. What you describe is a group of 3 or 4 posters having a pop at someone, sometimes me. It happens, but big deal, that's how life is.

The difference on this forum is the control freaks who can't abide other opinion aren't the moderators here, they leave people to sort their own stuff out, and legally held and expressed opinions are heard. Very, very similar on Facebook PAFC free chat. It's your forum of choice, pasoti, that does not allow free debate on the football club at all at a very dodgy time. The moderators there, absolutely dominated by one guy, Newell,  have a pro Jim Brent policy that they are quite clear on. They see themselves as the online chat arm of the football club. They are the establishment there, and they are out of order, and that's before we get into their nasty little ways that many fans have endured in their personal lives outside of the online Argyle debate. And again, mostly due to one man, who clearly is a control freak. who actually enjoys such control as a pokey internet forum allows him, along with address/contact details that he abuses on a regular basis. Take it from me. It does happen.
As for your happy holiday "football match in the trenches" routine from you that does nothing but add community weight to some weird fundamentalist religion you follow, not my scene.

Last edited by beesrus on Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Open message to Ian Newell   Open message to Ian Newell - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 7:17 pm

Throbbers latest on the farm about ATD....

Let it stand and fall on what it is, trust me, it will fall short if even a whiff of logical scrutiny is applied to it
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Open message to Ian Newell   Open message to Ian Newell - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 7:39 pm

Likes to use the word vile lots doesn't he !

Andy Symons is the latest on his hate list?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Open message to Ian Newell   Open message to Ian Newell - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 7:42 pm

One more thing re pasoti for anyone viewing this forum.
Shortly after Newell took over that forum, having long got rid of the democratic voting for moderators that enabled him to start his grab of the forum, he manipulated the readership figures. Instead of the site previously showing how many fans were online in the last 30 minutes, he increased that interval to 3 hours. And guess what, pasoti readership figures doubled overnight and are still double what they really are. That's the sort you're dealing with. So, bear that in mind in the back of one's head. This forum records visiting fans on a live basis. If it followed Newell's lead, it would be triple the published figures on the home page.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Open message to Ian Newell   Open message to Ian Newell - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 7:46 pm

beesrus wrote:
One more thing re pasoti for anyone viewing this forum.
Shortly after Newell took over that forum, having long got rid of the democratic voting for moderators that enabled him to start his grab of the forum, he manipulated the readership figures. Instead of the site previously showing how many fans were online in the last 30 minutes, he increased that interval to 3 hours. And guess what, pasoti readership figures doubled overnight and are still double what they really are. That's the sort you're dealing with. So, bear that in mind in the back of one's head. This forum records visiting fans on a live basis. If it followed Newell's lead, it would be triple the published figures on the home page.

Spot on there about viewing figures. ATD is live figures whereas Pasoti is massively inflated with anybody who logged on or even simply viewed the home page registering as being online hours later. I've seen it first hand by logging in with an old account and then immediately logging out, returning to the place 2 hours later as a guest to still see my old account registering as online.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Open message to Ian Newell   Open message to Ian Newell - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 9:54 am

PatDunne wrote:

Let it stand and fall on what it is, trust me, it will fall short if even a whiff of logical scrutiny is applied to it

Morning folks,

A bit of a selected quote there Patrick. In it's wider context I was advocating that visiting ATD'ers (or those with views broadly in line with ATD 'core values') shouldn't be 'tag teamed' off PASOTI in the way they have been historically. That I would have thought was something this site would agree with, non?

But you selected just one sentence so I shall respond. It should come as no surprise to anyone that that is my opinion on the whole James Brent equals Satan thing. I may be many things but I am consistent. As explained more fully within the 'wrong horse' section on my signature, until such time as I see it myself I simply don't see what you see.

That sentence therefore, reunited with it's correct context, just says that I don't think the PASOTI ownership and 'moderati' should react in the way it does to different opinions as it should have very little to fear. Presently it suggests a level of insecurity and immaturity that the PASOTI readership will somehow 'turn to the dark side'.

We could argue whether this sites broad consensus on James Brent is right or PASOTI's broad consensus on James Brent is right. But neither is going to change it's mind and as we've done that one to death a thousand times over, why bother.

I only waded into the Ian Newell/moderators v ATD/Facebook/Twitter thing yesterday because I have become bored shitless of the ongoing feud spilling over into threads on PASOTI. It was a cumulative response because it has popped up over and over again for years. I fully understand why it's a big thing on here, you all feel that you are victims of a malevolent force, but I don't get why Ian and certain other posters on PASOTI feel the need to use PASOTI as a platform to respond to it.

So to answer other posters questions as to why I didn't previously say anything about other alleged examples of this process is very simple. My pot only boiled over yesterday, as I say it has been a cumulative response to years of such incidents.

It may seem odd to you guys (and gals), given your vested personal interest in the interpersonal feud, but I find it very boring. I find ALL the off field politics of Argyle boring, from the wider boardroom politics to the petty personal messageboard politics. I barely read, let alone post on, grandstand or planning threads and the interpersonal shit leaves me just as cold.

Given that I view facetwatter in much the same way I would view any dog shit I might tread in, I am proud to say I know not what goes on there either.

So apart from what I see when I pop to ATD therefore (I think it's important to see ALL opinion, not just opinion you agree with), it just doesn't surface on my radar. I don't seek it out, indeed I actively avoid it. That is why when it pops up on unrelated threads on PASOTI it annoys me and hence why, eventually, I had to say something.

Will I stop using PASOTI? No, I like it. Will I stop using ATD?, No, I like it. Will both sites view me as a snake in the grass intruder aligned to 'the enemy'?, Yes, t'was ever thus.

I have no doubt you'll have more to say, more to nit pick and selectively quote from that but as life goes on and I'm back to work tomorrow that'll probably be it from me on this. I hope, so far as PASOTI not remaining a platform for the ongoing personal feuds, my words will be heeded... but I will not be holding my breath Crying or Very sad

As for ATD, I reiterate my sincere wish for a very merry Christmas for one and all santa

X Throbber x
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Open message to Ian Newell   Open message to Ian Newell - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 10:01 am

The site name Kentish. I was censured once for writing the site name, apparently the Mods don't
In full for 'context'

want the existence of 'that place' (quote) advertised (unquote). As a respectful, site rule compliant contributor, I have since respected that decision.... however paranoid and childish it seemed to me.

I say let people see it. The content contains all of the above Kentish. However the readership and contributors to this site are (generally) sensible enough and grown up enough to see it for what it is and will reject the views and attitude found thereon.

Let it stand and fall on what it is, trust me, it will fall short if even a whiff of logical scrutiny is applied to it. But by censoring it, trying to deny it's existence or stifling anyone who talks their 'line' just breeds more martyrs who'll see it as a badge of honour to come to PASOTI to get banned (or do a cyber flounce as today) for very little. We currently feed that narrative with our response, and who it is who responds.

It's so skullf'kinly childish, on both sides and I can't believe i've wasted three posts on it already. But a solution was asked for and the only possible solution has been duly provided.

Immaturity begats more immaturity, the only response is maturity.

Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Open message to Ian Newell   Open message to Ian Newell - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 10:05 am

X Isle wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

Morning folks,

A bit of a selected quote there Patrick. In it's wider context I was advocating that visiting ATD'ers (or those with views broadly in line with ATD 'core values') shouldn't be 'tag teamed' off PASOTI in the way they have been historically. That I would have thought was something this site would agree with, non?

But you selected just one sentence so I shall respond. It should come as no surprise to anyone that that is my opinion on the whole James Brent equals Satan thing. I may be many things but I am consistent. As explained more fully within the 'wrong horse' section on my signature, until such time as I see it myself I simply don't see what you see.

That sentence therefore, reunited with it's correct context, just says that I don't think the PASOTI ownership and 'moderati' should react in the way it does to different opinions as it should have very little to fear. Presently it suggests a level of insecurity and immaturity that the PASOTI readership will somehow 'turn to the dark side'.

We could argue whether this sites broad consensus on James Brent is right or PASOTI's broad consensus on James Brent is right. But neither is going to change it's mind and as we've done that one to death a thousand times over, why bother.

I only waded into the Ian Newell/moderators v ATD/Facebook/Twitter thing yesterday because I have become bored shitless of the ongoing feud spilling over into threads on PASOTI. It was a cumulative response because it has popped up over and over again for years. I fully understand why it's a big thing on here, you all feel that you are victims of a malevolent force, but I don't get why Ian and certain other posters on PASOTI feel the need to use PASOTI as a platform to respond to it.      

So to answer other posters questions as to why I didn't previously say anything about other alleged examples of this process is very simple. My pot only boiled over yesterday, as I say it has been a cumulative response to years of such incidents.

It may seem odd to you guys (and gals), given your vested personal interest in the interpersonal feud, but I find it very boring. I find ALL the off field politics of Argyle boring, from the wider boardroom politics to the petty personal messageboard politics. I barely read, let alone post on, grandstand or planning threads and the interpersonal shit leaves me just as cold.

Given that I view facetwatter in much the same way I would view any dog shit I might tread in, I am proud to say I know not what goes on there either.

So apart from what I see when I pop to ATD therefore (I think it's important to see ALL opinion, not just opinion you agree with), it just doesn't surface on my radar. I don't seek it out, indeed I actively avoid it. That is why when it pops up on unrelated threads on PASOTI it annoys me and hence why, eventually, I had to say something.

Will I stop using PASOTI? No, I like it. Will I stop using ATD?, No, I like it. Will both sites view me as a snake in the grass intruder aligned to 'the enemy'?, Yes, t'was ever thus.

I have no doubt you'll have more to say, more to nit pick and selectively quote from that but as life goes on and I'm back to work tomorrow that'll probably be it from me on this. I hope, so far as PASOTI not remaining a platform for the ongoing personal feuds, my words will be heeded... but I will not be holding my breath Crying or Very sad  

As for ATD, I reiterate my sincere wish for a very merry Christmas for one and all santa  

X Throbber x                  

Merry Christmas Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Open message to Ian Newell   Open message to Ian Newell - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 12:52 pm

Daz puts us straight about the "dark days of PASOTI" appaza it was all down to two bad mods,

'That’s rubbish. Mods with multiple accounts was the norm when I started on here. Baba and Rickler went at it far harder on here than Ian does with people like yourself who seem more interested in goading than talking about Plymouth Argyle. Farmer and mclondong only ever argued about what was happening in the boardroom so board politics is not something new!

No posts vanish anymore like they used to when the previous mods were involved and smiffy is out of order suggesting that his might. He’s also wrong about people not being able to post if they are anti Brent. The two people in this thread decided to knock it on the head after they were pulled up by pasoti members for their comments. (Just like smiffy suggested we should allow to happen )'

Very Happy popcorn

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Open message to Ian Newell   Open message to Ian Newell - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 12:56 pm

X Isle wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

Morning folks,

X Throbber x                  
A standard Sussex Sage post full of wisdom, however no mention of why he kept quiet when Nool and the Pack, hounded John Lloyd, Graham Clarke, off Pasoti, and continues to bully Peggy on the site where Nool is God?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Open message to Ian Newell   Open message to Ian Newell - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 3:32 pm

The Oracle wrote....

but I don't get why Ian and certain other posters on PASOTI feel the need to use PASOTI as a platform to respond to it.”

Really? I mean reeeeaallllyyy?

You’ve been on JBsoti for 20 years and you haven’t yet twigged that people seek out and buy football forums because they crave Control. They live their whole life every single day through the internet, so you really don’t understand why Internet Ian responds!?

Geez Smiffy. Wake the feck up ffs.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Open message to Ian Newell   Open message to Ian Newell - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 5:11 pm

Is it just me, or have a page or two of posts off that thread disappeared? Including X-Isle's contributions?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Open message to Ian Newell   Open message to Ian Newell - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 5:15 pm

You can't have people disagreeing before the watershed. It shows the broadcaster in a bad light.
It's a family show, arguments and disagreements don't happen, especially when the abusing patriarch says so.
Best to put it out of sight on some satellite channel like terraces where no one ever goes, especially the squire.

Last edited by beesrus on Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TJOA

PostSubject: Re: Open message to Ian Newell   Open message to Ian Newell - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 5:16 pm

Peggy wrote:
Is it just me, or have a page or two of posts off that thread disappeared? Including X-Isle's contributions?

Moved to terraces. Easier to move it where it is less likely to be seen, than keep it in the thread that started it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Open message to Ian Newell   Open message to Ian Newell - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 5:17 pm

For what it's worth, I wasn't hounded off PASOTI.

I just stopped using it, apart from occasional posts for the Close Season Survey.

Then I got banned.

It was a bit like being dumped by an ex about two years after you stopped going out.
Back to top Go down
TJOA

PostSubject: Re: Open message to Ian Newell   Open message to Ian Newell - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 5:20 pm

John_Lloyd wrote:
For what it's worth, I wasn't hounded off PASOTI.

I just stopped using it, apart from occasional posts for the Close Season Survey.

Then I got banned.

It was a bit like being dumped by an ex about two years after you stopped going out.

Is it true you were banned for refusing to delete something they requested you delete?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Open message to Ian Newell   Open message to Ian Newell - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 5:38 pm

I'm not too sure of the timeline, to be honest.

In the first few months of Free Chat, I was asked by James Brent's secretary and a few others to edit, delete and so on, but I didn't see the justification for doing so.

It was a bit dicey at times and I often thought of pulling the plug in the hope of a quieter life, but after I asked a few others to help out as moderators, it's been quite straightforward really.

When suggestions of legal action have been made, we refer the complainant to the legal process that they need to follow.

When the occasional post that strays beyond the simple terms we set, we try to deal with it as best we can, without embarrassing those concerned too much. That seems to work quite well.

I think I got banned simply because I had set up a Facebook group that was outside of the reach of those who had become rather too used to exercising control over how others choose to express themselves.

I'm sure a time will come when something comes along that will eat Free Chat too.

That's the natural cycle of things.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Open message to Ian Newell   Open message to Ian Newell - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 5:53 pm

They don't like the fact you won't delete something under the "legal" threat unless they, quite rightly, follow the correct legal process. Same goes for here.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Open message to Ian Newell   Open message to Ian Newell - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 6:20 pm

What a depressing state of affairs. Let us not forget that control over the online fanbase has always been the aim of one man and in return he receives his privileges at Home Park.
The eternally grateful, bucket rattling culture, is what the reluctant one knew he needed from the very beginning. If he's unaware of the devious depths his chosen jamboys plumb, to keep him free from dissent and criticism, I'd be amazed.
For that reason alone, I won't offer this unholy alliance anything but scorn.

One day, I hope to get my club back.
Back to top Go down
TheDuke

PostSubject: Re: Open message to Ian Newell   Open message to Ian Newell - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 6:32 pm

I think you do a really good job on Free chat John. Its membership must be as large as Pasoti but a much wider age range. And such a large number of posts can go up in seconds. Recently left Pasoti just couldn’t stand it anymore after about 15 years.
Back to top Go down
ch00se

PostSubject: Re: Open message to Ian Newell   Open message to Ian Newell - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 6:37 pm

i also made the jump from pasoti some time ago, it became unbearable

i dont post here much but i read daily 🍿
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Open message to Ian Newell   Open message to Ian Newell - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Open message to Ian Newell
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next