Elias
Earwegoagain
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

On track for safety? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: On track for safety?   On track for safety? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 9:28 pm

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: On track for safety?   On track for safety? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 9:45 pm

Let's try again shall we?

Earwegoagain wrote:
Or not? Whaddaya reckon? As of today we have 20 points from 21 games, call it one point a game with 25 games left would give us 45 points and almost certain relegation, if you look at points gained after we turned the corner of the last losing streak it works out at about 1.6pts per game which would get us another 40 making 60 and certain safety.
I don't think it's fair to ignore the losing streak in any calculation my gut feeling is that we will average about 1.3 and finish on 52 points at the end. Could see us relegated on GD or stay up by a point, can't say that I'll be rushing down to HP filled with enthusiasm plenty of dull fare to go yet.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: On track for safety?   On track for safety? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 9:46 pm

Angry wrote:
nope. with 4 teams going down its even more important someone wakes brent up in January and make him see that the squad needs strengthening and doing what he usually does and allow the bare minimum or one in one two policy we ill go down.

If by some christmas miracle del can sign a.....

pacey defender for right back as miller needs to go and threlkeld wont be enough plus sawyer tries but he is too slow an im sure del will have him competing with taylor-sinclair.

a central defender who has pace an can cover and compete with Bradley and Edwards as im sure Jackob is off and it leaves just Songo'o and that wont be enough.

a winger who can run with, create and cross a ball as ainsworth and wylde cant and one of them is off im sure in jan.

a attack minded central midfielder who also can create and bang a few in as carey cant do it all and no one really is close to doing that atm rueben is off in jan in anycase he would have been the closes.

a striker preferably 2 who know how to score something we have lacked and for me jervis is far more suited coming in from the wing than he is up front. I imagine Blissett could be off and shifty most certainly.

oh and a goalie too pref matthews or maybe that roos as he looked ok on loan till end of season even if luke is fit as matthews certainly is far better.

However this is James Brent so none of the above will happen. But should it happen we will have more than enough to stay up.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: On track for safety?   On track for safety? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 9:46 pm

beesrus wrote:
When the club were just as sick under the management of that outstanding individual Jonah Fletcher and the I don't want to be here Sheridan, it was pain stacked on pain with the weirdo loan of Jason Banton that kept the club in the league by a whisker. His wages didn't amount to a hill of beans but somehow he had a bit of a purple patch, never to be repeated.
So, it's all a matter of luck now dyes are cast and squads accumulated, as Saturday's referee decision shows. Adams might happen across a cheapo bit of luck in January, he might not. Riveting football from my ifollow perspective, and a useful media addition for boycotters. Unbelievably dour, very poor quality apart from one, maybe two guys.
Given Adams has been a lucky manager on the pitch since he's been here, the odds are they'll just stay up and prolong the agony. The Akkeron bishops will see that as the dawning of a new age.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: On track for safety?   On track for safety? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 9:47 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
On the farm I say someone float the idea that selling Carey in January for £2m would be good business and would finance a squad rebuild, where do you start with that? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: On track for safety?   On track for safety? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 9:47 pm

beesrus wrote:
I'll start. He's not worth 2 million. Far too inconsistent. Now I've seen a whole lot more of him, headline beautiful skills, but not a patch on Norris through a season at much higher levels.
The ditching of Lameiras is clearly a sign Carey hung out for a possible deal elsewhere but nothing substantial materialised. That says a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: On track for safety?   On track for safety? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 9:48 pm

akagreengull wrote:
There really isn't the quality in the squad to stay up , it's going to be a scrap all the way now, if somehow Akkeron Argo scrape it then to avoid a repeat relegation struggling season, there needs to be a complete clear out next season, including a proper competitor for goalie.
Factoring in Carey going before or at the end of the season, possibly Bradley being poached, there really isn't a lot to build on to have a successful season in league 1 for the next few seasons. When you have a season where only a few games in the manager is relying on free agents to bolster the squad then something is seriously wrong , which there is - Brent.
All I can see is Adams (don't think he will leave soon or get imminently sacked) scrabbling around for freebies, bringing in older journeymen and essentially scraping the footballing barrel for seasons to come. If it isn't this season it will be relegation time soon , given the current non spending keep it cheap culture pervading the Theatre of schemes led by the arch shyster then I don't think we are destined to stay long in the dizzy heights of the third tier
let alone reach the Championship.
It really should be a damming indictment of Brents tenure that we only managed one season in League 1 if the worst happens this term, warranting major protests in the fanbase , but then this is apathetic Akkeron Argyle.
Enough said. geek
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: On track for safety?   On track for safety? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 9:49 pm

Greenskin wrote:
More and more inclined to the view that Argyle will stay up fairly comfortably, given a fair wind with injuries [Taylor certainly made a big difference in terms of holding the ball up and bringing players into the game yesterday] and a couple of decent signings in January. As was clear some time ago,the scenario had to be to hold on until the new year and essentially that has been achieved-the form since Tounami arrived has been very good, credit to the manager for pulling that one from the freebie list, looks like a real Machin/Nalis type influence in an important area of the field. About 15th would be my forecast, not satisfactory by any means but better than was expected at some stages.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: On track for safety?   On track for safety? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 9:58 pm

Last season 50 points was needed to stay up; the season before 47.

If we run with 50 as a target then we need another 30 points from our remaining 25 games. Not a huge ask but we aren't very good so it will be a real challenge to get them.

Don't expect us to be free from relegation worries until very near the end of the season - if we get there at all.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: On track for safety?   On track for safety? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 11:06 pm

I'd say 50/50 on survival but lets remember this is as good as it gets. Adams style Adams signings and Brents side pocket austerity
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: On track for safety?   On track for safety? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 11:22 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
We will stay up by a few points but it'll be a slog.
This.
However my worry is that after another summer of wheeling and dealing we'll still be watching one-dimensional tactics next season.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: On track for safety?   On track for safety? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 11:49 pm

tigertony wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
We will stay up by a few points but it'll be a slog.
This.
However my worry is that after another summer of wheeling and dealing we'll still be watching one-dimensional tactics next season.

You will we all will. Ross County fans were highly critical of some aspects of Adams style. Am not convinced that even if god forbid Brent funded big money in 3 weeks time that Adams would know what to do with it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On track for safety?   On track for safety? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

On track for safety?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2