The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
argyledad

PostSubject: The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks   Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:01 pm

The Argyle Fans’ Trust will again be holding a pre-Christmas collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks this coming Saturday. Any donations will be warmly received at our table outside the Devonport End at any time between 1.30 and 3.00.
Alternatively, the address for donations to the Central Plymouth Foodbank is The Oasis Project, 28 Manor Street, Stonehouse, Plymouth PL1 1TW and for the Plymouth North Foodbank donations can be taken to the Community Church, Plymbridge Road, PL6 7LF
Back to top Go down
BBC1

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks   Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:35 am

Can't believe the PASOTI wankers are even attacking this initiative from the AFT.
The AFT have been doing this for the last five years, and nothing was said about it.
But this year, due to the AFT's stance on all things developing at Home Park, (or not as the case may be) you have some people on the farm sticking the boot in. And from some who probably aren't members anyway.
Wankers! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks   Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:04 pm

To be fair it's only Ade and Racist Frankie who appaza used to be in charge of Plymouth food banks! I wonder if they werent happy with having a BNP supporter representing them?
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks   Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:12 pm

Stopping racist Harper getting elected to the AFT was ATDs finest moment.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks   Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:10 pm

and one of its funniest. Watching him go into meltdown was a thing of beauty.
Back to top Go down
BBC1

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks   Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:19 pm

:pighug:
IJN
 Post subject: PASOTI/AFT Foodbank APPEAL.
Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:33 pm 

Let's see how we do.

The AFT help is doing it's annual FoodBank appeal, and maybe, just maybe, we can h Pelp out a tad.

If any Pasoti'ite wants to donate any amount of money to the pot, they can do so by donating to the PASOTI PayPal account (or BACS for those that have my details) and I'll ensure that the money gets to the AFT.

For those that do donate, they'll receive an Old School Argyle badge in the post.

What do you reckon, there are going to be people that have a truly miserable Christmas this year, and we can do a bit to help surely??

Donate away peeps.

:pighug: :pighug:
Like a modern day Bob Geldoff

Dossiers at the ready..... :Zzzzzzz:
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks   Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:13 pm

Pay me some money and I'll harvest your address raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
beesrus

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks   Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:17 pm

Yes, there's always some more details to be "gleaned" by J Edgar.
He's such a jealous soul, he just can't let the AFT get on with one of the few things they do well, and for a darn sight better cause than a millionaire's private business,
Back to top Go down
Homeslice

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks   Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:21 pm

So now it’s a Pasoti/AFT foodbank appeal. Could Porky be any more of a Cnut? Slags the AFT off all fecking year, but the minute they announce their annual appeal, which just about everyone can get behind without any drama, the fat feck hijacks it.

I suppose the only consolation is that the foodbank benefits every year from the AFT’s efforts.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks   Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:40 pm

Incredible front that fella, it's now a joint initiative, come tomorrow it'll be "The Pasoti Foodbank Appeal" lol.....chin 'im Steely
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks   Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:49 pm

Food banks are the one thing the Tories can truly claim to have excelled at.

Not so long ago there was only a handful of them and only a very needy and desperate few ever got to benefit from their existence.

Now there's literally hundreds of them all over the country - even major town and city has one and even quite a few villages too!

And where once they only helped homeless alcoholics, people with mental illness and a few teenage runaways now nurses and all sorts of other workers are flocking to them in their droves and so many people are using them that the stigma attached with doing so is diminishing every day.

Well done David Cameron! Well done George Osborne! Well done Nick Clegg! Well done Vince Cable! Well done Theresa May! Well done Phillip Hammond!

But most of heartfelt congratulations to everybody who voted for them all because if they had not there is every chance there'd be no need for everybody to display such selflessness and generosity.

Everywhere you look it is win win win.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks   Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:54 pm

Didn't really need politicising imo but hey ho, as it's fodder related hows about a pie chart Frank.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks   Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:02 pm

A free Pootball badge to all those that donate to Nools stickied thread at the top of the page whilst the AFT one slides down the page, he's all heart isn't he? RobbieB has paypaled his pocket money over to him which is nice, mind you I'd watch the ages of the people he's putting in the dossier, could get messy. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks   Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:05 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Didn't really need politicising imo but hey ho, as it's fodder related hows about a pie chart Frank.

You don't think foodbanks need politicising?

Words fail me.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks   Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:07 pm

Thank god for that.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks   Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:08 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

You don't think foodbanks need politicising?

Words fail me.

Not on here, no.

That'll be the day.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks   Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:14 pm

So a thread about food banks is not the place to discuss food banks?

If not here then where?

If not now then when?

To be honest I'd prefer that they didn't exist, that nobody needed them, that nobody donated to them and nobody ever mentioned them but we are where we are.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks   Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Plenty of others managed to comment before you without resorting to political point scoring, how was that possible.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks   Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:31 pm

I'll mention  the politics. It's appalling that this country has gone down this route, to deliberately bring back such open naked need in such a rich country as this where we are more wealthy than ever per capita.  Just in my "parish" alone there's the Oasis cafe ( the old Crown ) offering next to nothing meals, run by the church. Right next door a friend organises the daily running of the big issue. 100 yards away is the food bank, right bang opposite to the crumbling Palace theatre. People from the Earth cafe offer free soup on a regular basis there. It's really busy. Sometimes there's an elephant in the room that people should acknowledge. This drift has been going on since the bankers did their thing in 2007, and there have been the 3 main [parties in government. It's a disgrace, and yet some are clamouring for more of the same. Some won't be happy until the slumdog thing happens here. It's in their psyche, I've met many such selfish gorms.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks   Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:42 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Plenty of others managed to comment before you without resorting to political point scoring, how was that possible.

Only the Tories, probably, would object. That's my guess anyway.

Then again they would, wouldn't they? They haven't a leg to stand on regarding this. Using hunger as a tool to incentivise people to stop claiming benefits is key to their recent policies. They even say so themselves. They've even voted through the necessary legislation. It is indisputable.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks   Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:01 pm

If you say so Frank, I've no idea if the 'facts' you state above are true or not and if I'm totally honest it doesn’t keep me awake at night as it must you, probably.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks   Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:12 pm

You keep on burying your head in the sand and continue to make your own rather idiosyncratic contributions to the debate. They rarely, if ever, add anything of note but I'd never be as bold as to suggest you don't make them because we enjoy free speech here, do we not?, even if it is unpalatable to us on occasion.

Should you wish to look into the facts of MPs' voting records on this, and any other issue, you can find them here: https://www.theyworkforyou.com/

I think you'll find it is the Tories who, pretty much en masse, have voted through every attempt to cut benefits and freeze pay where they can. They have been told plenty of times what the impact of these policies is and one way this is manifested is in the explosion in the need for, usage of and number of food banks.

You might not like hearing this but it is not in contention.

Still at least I never voted for them.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks   Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:36 pm

Out of interest my Lord Sir Frank what do you consider your good self as offering of note to this forum other than pomposity, dourness, and meandering evangelical sermons?

I'm not averse to the odd fact or two, regardless of the political persuasion but I'd much prefer lighthearted chitchat on a football forum. No biggie, other than you and bees, who deploys humour and sarcasm in his rants you appear to be in a massive minority, on here at least, so not too difficult to swerve, a new years resolution perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks   Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:52 pm

There you go making suggestions for what I should, or should not, do again... Were I to make my suggestions as to what I think you ought to do you wouldn't like it one bit.

Light-hearted banter about people being so desperate for food that they have to go to food banks?

That's a tough one in my book.

And you've not managed it yet either.

"Massive minority" is a good try though.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks   Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:15 am

Who mentioned banter?

Massive minority is a very fair shout I'd say, the vast majority on here have successfully avoided deep political tit for tat for a good while, it goes nowhere and becomes tedious/fractious although I do realise that it's the ace in your pack and you're loathe to let it go.

Anyhow, an early implementation of the NYR seems in order, sweet dreams petal flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks   

Back to top Go down

The Argyle Fans’ Trust Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next