Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Pompey - Argyle

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

avatar

Posts : 10664
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 67
Location : Larnaca, Cyprus

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:46 am

Freathy wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Wake me up when this nightmare is over
According to the proper fans on the Auction site, Akkerons dream team is showing Playoff potential! lol! lol! lol!

What part of being bottom all season, unable to score, unable to defend, and being generally ultra-shite don't they understand?  It seems when Akkeron Argo Nil FC plummet through the trap door next March/April it will come as a surprise to the brentophiles.

Youm naaaat a praaaaaper faaaaaaan Sad Act !

fishing
Back to top Go down
Homeslice

avatar

Posts : 1174
Join date : 2015-02-23
Age : 46
Location : Lurking in the shadows

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:56 am

It’s a question that’s regularly asked on here, but once again I find myself pondering one of the great mysteries of the universe:

What f***ing Planet is Captain Wankspasm on?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

avatar

Posts : 439
Join date : 2016-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:58 am



laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

avatar

Posts : 6331
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Right in front of you....

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:42 am

Homeslice wrote:
It’s a question that’s regularly asked on here, but once again I find myself pondering one of the great mysteries of the universe:

What f***ing Planet is Captain Wankspasm on?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The same planet as that moron HC Green.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4190
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:08 am

Brent /Akkeron relegated the club back in the summer when Adams was forced to through fourth division dustbins or jobcentres, to find players who were obvious to all but the simple happy clappy posh leg shaggers, nowhere near third division standard, it not the managers fault the team is dogshit.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain



Posts : 2269
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:24 am

I see that Posteys closed poll has still seen votes for Mathews, Grant and Shitkey. cheers Even with all his diligence he still can't sniff out the lurkers. salute He seems to think my present sign in is on his side. Razz
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3854
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:53 am

Punchdrunk wrote:


laugh laugh

Good to see the Janner Nation in action at this difficult time, very rousing at this time of footballing struggle.
Hail JB our saviour.
geek
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

avatar

Posts : 439
Join date : 2016-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:08 pm

And still not a single thing on the farmyard about yesterdays flare incident or the Oxford bottle thrower.
Strange breed these Akkeron supporters.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain



Posts : 2269
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:35 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
And still not a single thing on the farmyard about yesterdays flare incident or the Oxford bottle thrower.
Strange breed these Akkeron supporters.

There was a mention of the flare on the how many at Pompey thread but didn't go into details, from what I could gather it was an Argo fan let it off in the Cherry Tree?
Don't know where I got the CT from it was the Good Companians which I guess is the Pompey one and not the Plymouth one.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 2671
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:20 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:


laugh laugh

Good to see the Janner Nation in action at this difficult time, very rousing at this time of footballing struggle.
Hail JB our saviour.
geek
Janners!! Janners!! In plymouth were all bucket ratting Janners ...all together now jocolor geek queen pig Sheep :pighug:
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4190
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:23 pm

Adams is getting plenty of stick on the Auction / Gash Christmas Card site, but no mention about Brents role in why Akkeron argo cant compete in the third division?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 2671
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:37 pm

Hmm!! I mite pop over to that site of bile & spew to have a quick read of that suffers
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 6810
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 26
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:48 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
And still not a single thing on the farmyard about yesterdays flare incident or the Oxford bottle thrower.
Strange breed these Akkeron supporters.

There was a mention of the flare on the how many at Pompey thread but didn't go into details, from what I could gather it was an Argo fan let it off in the Cherry Tree?
Don't know where I got the CT from it was the Good Companians which I guess is the Pompey one and not the Plymouth one.

Must have been the Pompey one. The Plymouth one has been flattened.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
tigertony

avatar

Posts : 2265
Join date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:41 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Hmm!! I mite pop over to that site of bile & spew to have a quick read of that suffers
I have now. Snag is I had to change my clothes after each page due to pithing myself laughing. Luckily I have more than one pair of boxers. I fear some people may have snags logging on soon.
laugh

PS I used to work in the Good Companions in Mayflower St in 1973 drunk
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2437
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:02 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
And still not a single thing on the farmyard about yesterdays flare incident or the Oxford bottle thrower.
Strange breed these Akkeron supporters.

There was a mention of the flare on the how many at Pompey thread but didn't go into details, from what I could gather it was an Argo fan let it off in the Cherry Tree?
Don't know where I got the CT from it was the Good Companians which I guess is the Pompey one and not the Plymouth one.

Must have been the Pompey one. The Plymouth one has been flattened.

Here's the flattening. Never liked the place. Delighted to snap it's demise.  Everything that was crass about the 70s, and of course a favourite meeting place for the Argyle boot boys of the time. Byeeeeeeeee.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3023
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 58
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:20 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Homeslice wrote:
It’s a question that’s regularly asked on here, but once again I find myself pondering one of the great mysteries of the universe:

What f***ing Planet is Captain Wankspasm on?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The same planet as that moron HC Green.

Many of the comments are utterly startling. Blind leading the blind
Back to top Go down
tigertony

avatar

Posts : 2265
Join date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:48 am

beesrus wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
And still not a single thing on the farmyard about yesterdays flare incident or the Oxford bottle thrower.
Strange breed these Akkeron supporters.

There was a mention of the flare on the how many at Pompey thread but didn't go into details, from what I could gather it was an Argo fan let it off in the Cherry Tree?
Don't know where I got the CT from it was the Good Companians which I guess is the Pompey one and not the Plymouth one.

Must have been the Pompey one. The Plymouth one has been flattened.

Here's the flattening. Never liked the place. Delighted to snap it's demise.  Everything that was crass about the 70s, and of course a favourite meeting place for the Argyle boot boys of the time. Byeeeeeeeee.

Thinking back thats about right. I can remember the Argyle beh's arranging a coach from there to Old Trafford in Jan 1974 for FA Cup. Departing at midnight on the Friday. We were waiting outside with loads of bottled beer when the driver turns up and says ''no bottles allowed'' WTF!! So we all sat on the grass opposite and drank the lot.drunk Left at about 00.30. I was 18 then.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:03 am

Homeslice wrote:
It’s a question that’s regularly asked on here, but once again I find myself pondering one of the great mysteries of the universe:

What f***ing Planet is Captain Wankspasm on?

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=101757&start=13

glad to know his 2018 calendar has arrived. geek
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain



Posts : 2269
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:13 am

beesrus wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
And still not a single thing on the farmyard about yesterdays flare incident or the Oxford bottle thrower.
Strange breed these Akkeron supporters.

There was a mention of the flare on the how many at Pompey thread but didn't go into details, from what I could gather it was an Argo fan let it off in the Cherry Tree?
Don't know where I got the CT from it was the Good Companians which I guess is the Pompey one and not the Plymouth one.

Must have been the Pompey one. The Plymouth one has been flattened.

Here's the flattening. Never liked the place. Delighted to snap it's demise.  Everything that was crass about the 70s, and of course a favourite meeting place for the Argyle boot boys of the time. Byeeeeeeeee.

Your class hatred thing doesn't interest me tbh but I will agree it was shite pub although they have been good for bands off and on.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1710
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:42 am

it was a good venue for live bands, I avoided it at other times - too many working class in there......
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2437
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:48 am

Class hatred ? Razz
I don't even "hate" the likes of Brent. Friends of all persuasions, me. I just don't like certain sorts of behaviour, wherever it comes from.
Just to comment on your incorrect assumption, if I had such a "class" distinction in my head, I would say I prefer "working class" company, but am choosy who I spend my time with.  A bit like most people I would guess.
T'was a 'orrible tacky pub with the odd  dodgy landlord over it's time. It also still had a lounge/bar separation, if you ever, a 50/60s ugly estate pub build, but slap bang in the city centre. I much preferred the Minerva or the Devonport Labour Club for a pint at the time., and of course, the fine Wellington drugs pub on the Hill, now sadly gone. Never liked the skinhead thing.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3854
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:05 am

Used to meet in the Goodies regularly on a Friday with my mates none of us really liked it but it was in a convenient location. I have two abiding memories of the place - there was always a few tw@ts in there who were looking for a scrap and the Courage Best (worst) tasted like piss.
Happy days.
flower
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain



Posts : 2269
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:42 am

beesrus wrote:
Class hatred ? Razz
I don't even "hate" the likes of Brent. Friends of all persuasions, me. I just don't like certain sorts of behaviour, wherever it comes from.
Just to comment on your incorrect assumption, if I had such a "class" distinction in my head, I would say I prefer "working class" company, but am choosy who I spend my time with.  A bit like most people I would guess.
T'was a 'orrible tacky pub with the odd  dodgy landlord over it's time. It also still had a lounge/bar separation, if you ever, a 50/60s ugly estate pub build, but slap bang in the city centre. I much preferred the Minerva or the Devonport Labour Club for a pint at the time., and of course, the fine Wellington drugs pub on the Hill, now sadly gone. Never liked the skinhead thing.

lol! No need to explain Bees although I never classed it as a skinhead pub. I had some skinhead mates very, very much misunderstood. We used to meet up in the Kings, a couple of skinheads, a few punks, new romantics, bikers and hippies proper this is England stuff but without the racism in fact one of my skinhead mates had a black rude girl girlfriend, used to hit the Minerva, where my mates girlfriend did get racist abuse from some of the boot necks in there. Then on the Ronnies Club a proper melting pot of all types. I used the Provvy, Welly (although my skinhead mates didn't used to go in there) Nottingham and the pub on Eastlake St. on the corner most have now gone.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2437
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:21 am

akagreengull wrote:
Used to meet in the Goodies regularly on a Friday with my mates none of us really liked it but it was in a convenient location. I have two abiding memories of the place - there was always a few tw@ts in there who were looking for a scrap and the Courage Best (worst) tasted like piss.
Happy days.
flower
A very accurate description AKA. Plymouth had a lot of pubs that were punchy and full of what we would call lounge lizzards in bowling shirts. The Lion and Column could be particularly troublesome along with the Royal Marine at Efford.

I guess we will have passed in the night many times Earwig, given your list. Very Happy

Not a huge Plymouth pub goer anymore, but I still use the Fortescue on occasion and the Provvy infrequently when friends are in town after they've suffered the football of Del boy. Sir Frank used to frequent there until the last few years. . The old Trafalgar, now Bread and Roses, is a good, but expensive pub these days, but we're all getting on a bit and social meeting places have morphed.
Any pub time I do these days is out of the muff, often in the excellent Bay Horse at Totnes where the music is second to none. In fact we braved the Crosscountry strike and took the £3.30 evening ranger train deal there last night for some excellent jazz and performance poetry. Sam does a lot of "out there" Sun Ra type stuff, and last night he did an affectionate goodbye to a long term Totnes music/ theatre friend of his and Bay Horse regular who died, Peter Kiddle. Google his small obituary in the Guardian, Earwig. An interesting life well lived. Worked for the Welfare State theatre company at one time. Doesn't get much more working class than that. flower
Right that's enough meandering, probably due to last night's beer.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1710
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:24 pm

I got banned from the Nottingham for asking for my 20p back that the space invader machine had swallowed :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   

Back to top Go down
 
Pompey - Argyle
Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: