Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 10 year home record

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4925
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 58
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: 10 year home record   Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:46 am

Reads as follows;

W83 D 52 L83

83 home defeats in the last 10 seasons! A record of quite staggering ineptitude especially seeing that years previous had seen at least respectable results, if not the fortress Home park that some would have us believe. Incredible that 11000 should still be prepared to watch a team stuck to the bottom of the third division with that sort of previous, can't last much longer though. IMHO the rot started with the great fire sale of 2007 perpetrated by Stapleton and co, followed by mismanagement or misdirectorship of nigh on criminal proportions since then. Always remember the funereal atmosphere in the first match after Norris, SEB, Gosling et al were sold-it was if a realisation had dawned that the club as it stood could go no further and in fact was highly likely to go backwards and there always seems to have been either a pall of depression or false optimism at HP ever since then. There was a big issue in Sheridans day among a certain section of the fan base about the inability of the team to come back from losing positions and that the manager lacked the "tactical nous" [whatever the feck that means] to change games but it's been no better under Adams and looking at those results obviously was no better before. The problem goes far deeper than management level and it's depressingly difficult to see a quick resolution. Answers on a postcard please.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 2983
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: 10 year home record   Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:08 am

It was about ten years ago that PAFC became a property development company that plays a bit of football on the side, the main focus has been on World Cups cinemas and Hotels. Until Brent fecks off leaving all the car parks covered with offices then we don't stand a chance, it's obvious to anybody that isn't blinkered.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4230
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: 10 year home record   Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:27 am

The blnkered have a majority still.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 5526
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: 10 year home record   Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:02 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1841
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : Plympton and Sucina

PostSubject: Re: 10 year home record   Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:15 am

Interesting stat that. This year we have a better away record than home (not that it's very good anyway) and the same has been for most of the last couple of seasons under Adams.

Our geographical position was always considered a factor in 'Fortress Home Park', teams had to travel miles to get here etc etc. No longer it seems.

No doubt according to certain individuals, it'll be the fans fault.

Although erewego has pretty much nailed it - PAFC is a property development opportunity, with the football way down the list of priorities.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4456
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: 10 year home record   Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:55 am

Greenskin wrote:
Reads as follows;

W83 D 52 L83

83 home defeats in the last 10 seasons! A record of quite staggering ineptitude especially seeing that years previous had seen at least respectable results, if not the fortress Home park that some would have us believe. Incredible that 11000 should still be prepared to watch a team stuck to the bottom of the third division with that sort of previous, can't last much longer though. IMHO the rot started with the great fire sale of 2007 perpetrated by Stapleton and co, followed by mismanagement or misdirectorship of nigh on criminal proportions since then. Always remember the funereal atmosphere in the first match after Norris, SEB, Gosling et al were sold-it was if a realisation had dawned that the club as it stood could go no further and in fact was highly likely to go backwards and there always seems to have been either a pall of depression or false optimism at HP ever since then. There was a big issue in Sheridans day among a certain section of the fan base about the inability of the team to come back from losing positions and that the manager lacked the "tactical nous" [whatever the feck that means] to change games but it's been no better under Adams and looking at those results obviously was no better before. The problem goes far deeper than management level and it's depressingly difficult to see a quick resolution. Answers on a postcard please.
Six years of being totaly crap on the pitch under the Brentmare, while off it in six years he's put up a fence around the non league training ground and thats it! The worst ever owner in Argyles history for me.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1843
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: 10 year home record   Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:59 am

and he wants to fence off three more pitches worth of the peoples park........
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4456
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: 10 year home record   Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:14 am

PatDunne wrote:
and he wants to fence off three more pitches worth of the peoples park........
Its all about the Community Pat, Jimmy and Si, are not Property Speculators.
Back to top Go down
Elias

avatar

Posts : 5111
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

PostSubject: Re: 10 year home record   Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:21 am

We really are shit
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4456
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: 10 year home record   Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:32 am

The only way to force Brent out of Homepark is for fans to just stay away from the club and deprive him of peoples hard earned cash, only a complete new regime with the means and ambition can make Argyle what it should be.
Ordinary fans can only force owners like Brent, out and thats by boycotting the club completely in numbers.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 2983
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: 10 year home record   Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:37 am

He isn't interested in the club a all Suffs, really we should all support him so that he can get what he wants, then and only then will he fook off.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4456
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: 10 year home record   Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:45 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
He isn't interested in the club a all Suffs, really we should all support him so that he can get what he wants, then and only then will he fook off.
Once the clubs destroyed ,he will probably fook off and leave the club under the ownership of  Cornwalls Fattest Superfan, as revenge! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4230
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: 10 year home record   Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:32 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
The only way to force Brent out of Homepark is for fans to just stay away from the club and deprive him of peoples hard earned cash, only a complete new regime with the means and ambition can make Argyle what it should be.
Ordinary fans can only force owners like Brent, out and thats by boycotting the club completely in numbers.

The good story this week Suffers was the victory of the Blackpool fans over the Oyston regime, those fans didn't mess around like the dimwits down here, they boycotted and protested and organised - was a good article in the Guardian this week re events up there. Hopefully they can move on as a fanbase and a club they have my full respect, like the Orient fans who have seen their club almost destroyed in a couple of seasons.
Unfortunately for them the battle for their club continues as do ours.
Happy times.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 2983
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: 10 year home record   Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:36 am

akagreengull wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
The only way to force Brent out of Homepark is for fans to just stay away from the club and deprive him of peoples hard earned cash, only a complete new regime with the means and ambition can make Argyle what it should be.
Ordinary fans can only force owners like Brent, out and thats by boycotting the club completely in numbers.

The good story this week Suffers was the victory of the Blackpool fans over the Oyston regime, those fans didn't mess around like the dimwits down here, they boycotted and protested and organised - was a good article in the Guardian this week re events up there. Hopefully they can move on as a fanbase and a club they have my full respect, like the Orient fans who have seen their club almost destroyed in a couple of seasons.
Unfortunately for them the battle for their club continues as do ours.
Happy times.

I wonder if any of the 'Pool fans supported the OIstons and their cash grab? I bet any fans up there suggesting that the OIstons had paid their own good money for the club and were entitled to strip it of cash would have got short shrift and rightly so. I can't wait for the day that the turncoats like Nool and DeLiar are hounded out of the club.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

avatar

Posts : 351
Join date : 2016-09-01

PostSubject: Re: 10 year home record   Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:57 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
He isn't interested in the club a all Suffs, really we should all support him so that he can get what he wants, then and only then will he fook off.

Agree with that. His presence at HP is not contingent on the success/failure of the team. The sooner his plans get waved through now, the better, as he'll be closer to 'realising his asset' and a 'material uplift' (Brent's words in quote marks...probably). Only then does he go and perhaps someone else with football as the priority comes in.


Last edited by Innocent Egbunike on Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2800
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: 10 year home record   Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:36 am

Sorry to disagree but I'm a realist and don't think he'll be going anywhere for years, unless he is made to feel personally uncomfortable, and even then he can control from a distance with a drone.  There are plenty of ways he can stop the tiresome footy routine and hand over his 4 hours a week to someone else, but he will still have control over anything the tame football club does, including the football budget. Better get used to a very long tenure. He said himself he was looking at the long term. I think he's slowly twigged that the football club is a mighty useful animal  and large cash customer given his other businesses that need constant feeding. Add to that the possible odd Winter windfall he can collect, while doing very little of consequence, as he did last year, and then there's land to be had on the other side of HHP, and the council are looking at neutral cost options throughout the city.

I do suspect he'll farm out any actual development though of pavillion/office block/hotel. As to the Hallett revamp, maybe that will be a good job for Akkeron builders Inc Co PLC Ltd whatever, to cut their teeth on. I seem to remember him threatening to add some cowboy builders to the long list of business he has a paw in. Such a talented soul LOL. Just like Todd and Gardner who also had a trotter or two in a myriad of businesses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 10 year home record   

Back to top Go down
 
10 year home record
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: