Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Champions vs never been champions since 1966.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

World Champions vs never been champions since 1966. Empty
PostSubject: World Champions vs never been champions since 1966.   World Champions vs never been champions since 1966. EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 8:11 pm

I'm not sure if we paid the remembrance enough respect with our tacky over choreographed and rehearsed tribute to the fallen, maybe an hours silence would have been better? Seeing the armed forces lined up facing the German team lest they forget the drubbing we gave them twice was a nice touch though.
Lots of Yoof Rooaaaarrrrrrr.
Engerlund 2 Germans 1. Gascogne and Neville.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: World Champions vs never been champions since 1966.   World Champions vs never been champions since 1966. EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 9:55 pm

One of the best nil nils I've seen in a long time. Missed a sitter to win it with the last kick of the game too.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: World Champions vs never been champions since 1966.   World Champions vs never been champions since 1966. EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 9:52 am

It's a good example to me of how much the modern game has deteriorated with defensive minded football. Get two teams on the pitch that want to play as of last night it can be very entertaining, our group games against poorer teams that park the bus were dire to watch, same can be said for most league 1 and 2 games these days. Also no doubt in my mind we need to concentrate on the youth now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Champions vs never been champions since 1966.   World Champions vs never been champions since 1966. EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 12:52 pm

germany treated it like a friendly and england tried their best to win.

thats the gulf in difference between the big teams and us.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: World Champions vs never been champions since 1966.   World Champions vs never been champions since 1966. EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 1:01 pm

I wouldn't argue with that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Champions vs never been champions since 1966.   World Champions vs never been champions since 1966. EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 2:17 pm

It's all getting a bit theatrical as the European fractures, protectionism and nationalism continue to grow again. One day the European community will be seen as the halcyon days of a peaceful Europe. A fleeting example of what civilisation might achieve.
Never before in Europe was so much peace and so much food shared by so many for so long.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: World Champions vs never been champions since 1966.   World Champions vs never been champions since 1966. EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 3:19 pm

What a load of old tripe Bees, did you'd ee the game?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Champions vs never been champions since 1966.   World Champions vs never been champions since 1966. EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 8:52 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

that is your right of course. when the competition starts and teams take games more seriously having 10 men behind the ball and counter attacking wont work.....unless its at argyle now and again.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: World Champions vs never been champions since 1966.   World Champions vs never been champions since 1966. EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 10:02 pm

Thanks I'll take that on board.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: World Champions vs never been champions since 1966.   World Champions vs never been champions since 1966. EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 8:42 am

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

that is your right of course. when the competition starts and teams take games more seriously having 10 men behind the ball and counter attacking wont work.....unless its at argyle now and again.

Sorry I was a bit pissed last night thought the alcohol had clouded my judgement. What exactly do you mean? You do realise I was agreeing with you? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Champions vs never been champions since 1966.   World Champions vs never been champions since 1966. EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 6:19 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Sorry I was a bit pissed last night thought the alcohol had clouded my judgement. What exactly do you mean? You do realise I was agreeing with you? scratch

My bad! i read your post on my phone at first and i thought you said "i wouldn't agree with that" hence my reply. Apologises for the mis understanding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Champions vs never been champions since 1966.   World Champions vs never been champions since 1966. Empty

Back to top Go down

World Champions vs never been champions since 1966.
Page 1 of 1