Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Taylor out for longer ness returns

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10187
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Taylor out for longer ness returns   Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:07 pm

He wont be back this month it appears after reading the brents herald.

Ness could be back by saturday although he hasn't been missed in our midfield at all as Fox and "dave" have a good partnership and with Songo'o behind them protecting the back 4 is helping the team greatly and long may that trio remain.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

avatar

Posts : 4834
Join date : 2011-05-12
Age : 96
Location : Kingsbridge Castles

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for longer ness returns   Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:52 pm

There’s a terrible mess
On the shores of jock Ness
Where the monster’s been chucking her bones.
There’s bonnets and sporrans
All tattered and torn
And a pile of chewed-up mobile phones.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Earwegoagain



Posts : 756
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for longer ness returns   Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:10 pm

Send it to Macron Mockers he loves that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
beesrus



Posts : 1253
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for longer ness returns   Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:20 pm

Taylor is a wounded dog sheltering in the theatre of screams. He won't be playing much of a role. Anybody who looked at the detail when he arrived suspected this would happen. Football is full of injured souls looking for a salary.
I admired the club/Adams for giving Brunt some security in the past knowing he might struggle, but that was the act of a responsible employer helping an employee injured on active club duty. No such haven was owed to Taylor.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4553
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 57
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for longer ness returns   Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:09 pm

beesrus wrote:
Taylor is a wounded dog sheltering in the theatre of screams. He won't be playing much of a role. Anybody who looked at the detail when he arrived suspected this would happen. Football is full of injured souls looking for a salary.
I admired the club/Adams for giving Brunt some security in the past knowing he might struggle, but that was the act of a responsible employer helping an employee injured on active club duty. No such haven was owed to Taylor.

There is little evidence to suggest that in his career the man has been injury prone apart from a spell at Oxford after which he seemed to play regularly. Taylor appeared in just about every match last season after joining Argyle and apparently sustained a serious injury in pre season-why on earth would a 29 year old [who has a young family I understand] with a good few years left in football wish to jeopardise his future prospects in the way that you seem to be suggesting?
Back to top Go down
beesrus



Posts : 1253
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for longer ness returns   Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:50 pm

Not for the first time, you have totally missed my point.
Where did I say Taylor was "injury prone" ? His record doesn't show that at all.
BUT, I implied that the circumstance of the transfer left a lot to be desired.
I would have wanted a few guarantees after his"recent" history. He had a one off long term injury at Oxford, and after being quite successful for them, didn't feature to any effective extent at all after that injury until his mutually agreed departure almost a year later. That rings alarms in my head. Many ageing players, previously fit as a fiddle, have a bad injury, and never regain their former ability. Paul Wotton is a classic example down here, along with the post injury tragic decline of form for Kristian Timar. Taylor's lack of game time at Oxford post injury would suggest they weren't happy with what they were getting. They were "offloading" for whatever reason. The thing that really stood out for me was that on paper, being a reasonably skilled player, he shouldn't have been coming down here at that time. It all felt a bit Maclean, but for slightly differing reasons. It didn't fit in my head, and still doesn't..
Oh, and being a "hard working family" has nothing to do with anything. ALL workers look for employment, with family or without. Calm down.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1353
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for longer ness returns   Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:25 pm

you mean he was cheap.....
Back to top Go down
beesrus



Posts : 1253
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for longer ness returns   Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:46 pm

Very Happy Exactly Pat, thanks for putting it better than I. He was cheap ! too cheap, and too available for what he should have been. What is it they say about buying on the internet ?
We shall see if value for money was obtained at the end of the contract.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4553
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 57
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for longer ness returns   Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:35 pm

beesrus wrote:
Not for the first time, you have totally missed my point.
Where did I say Taylor was "injury prone" ? His record doesn't show that at all.
BUT, I implied that the circumstance of the transfer left a lot to be desired.
I would have wanted a few guarantees after his"recent" history. He had a one off long term injury at Oxford, and after being quite successful for them, didn't feature to any effective extent at all after that injury until his mutually agreed departure almost a year later. That rings alarms in my head. Many ageing players, previously fit as a fiddle, have a bad injury, and never regain their former ability. Paul Wotton is a classic example down here, along with the post injury tragic decline of form for Kristian Timar. Taylor's lack of game time at Oxford post injury would suggest they weren't happy with what they were getting. They were "offloading" for whatever reason. The thing that really stood out for me was that on paper, being a reasonably skilled player, he shouldn't have been coming down here at that time. It all felt a bit Maclean, but for slightly differing reasons. It didn't fit in my head, and still doesn't..
Oh, and being a "hard working family" has nothing to do with anything. ALL workers look for employment, with family or without. Calm down.

Sorry, but before you say that other posters are missing the point you need to get your facts right to establish a bit of firmer ground for your argument. It is not the case that Taylor "didn't feature to any effective extent" after his injury sustained at Oxford. In fact, he made 21 appearances for Oxford in league 1 prior to his departure to HP-coupled with the 19 appearances for Argyle this would add up to virtually a full season and it can't be denied that Taylor played a reasonable part in Argyle's promotion last season. Why Oxford released him I don't know-maybe the fact that the guy is not a prolific goal scorer had something to do with it, in the same way as Evans was not a prolific goal scorer at Bristol Rovers when they sold him to Argyle for a song. Believe me, i know what you mean about crocks coming to Argyle at the end of their careers-Peacock and Sealey were my first introductions to the phenomenon and Marker's return, Collins, Kellow,Folly, MacNamee, the aforementioned McClean all spring readily to mind of its continuance in the years since. It just seems that you could well be barking up the wrong tree in attributing an injury which would appear to be unconnected to any previous ones as a further example.

BTW quite agree that the phrase "hard working family" is a complete irrelevance, which is why there was no mention of it in my previous post.

Yours calmly
Back to top Go down
beesrus



Posts : 1253
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for longer ness returns   Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:08 pm

We shall see Skinny. My take has always been he's another ringer, another John Pedelty or another Alan Gow. Which particular reason for lack of value is almost irrelevant. Just rest assured it will manifest somehow. Seen it all before too many times.
To put Taylor's arrival in the same league as Mickey Evans returning home is frankly ludicrous. Nowhere near the same standard of player.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4553
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 57
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for longer ness returns   Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:44 pm

beesrus wrote:
We shall see Skinny. My take has always been he's another ringer, another John Pedelty or another Alan Gow. Which particular reason for lack of value is almost irrelevant. Just rest assured it will manifest somehow. Seen it all before too many times.
To put Taylor's arrival in the same league as Mickey Evans returning home is frankly ludicrous. Nowhere near the same standard of player.

Presumably your "lack of value" would exclude the bloke actually helping Argyle to gain promotion last year? It certainly isn't ludicrous to draw a simile between the styles of Taylor and Evans, especially for someone who has had the benefit of seeing Taylor in action, which I would surmise is not the case with your good self. Both virtually non scoring target men but very good at bringing others into the game and suiting a certain pattern of play-probably Evans was a better player but ultimately the effect was the same.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 4895
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for longer ness returns   Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:22 pm

Alan Gow was relatively successful at ECFC after leaving Argo iirc.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

avatar

Posts : 191
Join date : 2016-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for longer ness returns   Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:40 pm

beesrus wrote:
We shall see Skinny. My take has always been he's another ringer, another John Pedelty or another Alan Gow. Which particular reason for lack of value is almost irrelevant. Just rest assured it will manifest somehow. Seen it all before too many times.
To put Taylor's arrival in the same league as Mickey Evans returning home is frankly ludicrous. Nowhere near the same standard of player.

I'm too young for John Pedelty but to put Taylor in the same bracket as Alan Gow is grossly unfair. Gow was a coward of a footballer who added the square root of naff all to Argyle, as I recall it. I only saw Taylor play 3 times or so last season but he stood out every time as having some real quality at our level. Looked fit as a fiddle too.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain



Posts : 756
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for longer ness returns   Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:11 pm

I'd agree with that Inno saw him play four times last season and he was noticeably better than anyone else bar Carey I would say.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 1924
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for longer ness returns   Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:33 pm

Have to agree taylor was playing quite well till he picked up the injury..same thing happened to jimmy spencer as well on superb form at the time i recall
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1665
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : Plympton and Sucina

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for longer ness returns   Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:44 pm

beesrus wrote:
We shall see Skinny. My take has always been he's another ringer, another John Pedelty or another Alan Gow. Which particular reason for lack of value is almost irrelevant. Just rest assured it will manifest somehow. Seen it all before too many times.
To put Taylor's arrival in the same league as Mickey Evans returning home is frankly ludicrous. Nowhere near the same standard of player.

There could be any number of reasons why players change clubs. In the Premier it's mostly greed, but in the lower leagues there is always a churn of players in all clubs

Just because a player is let go by one club doesn't mean that he's terrible, or looking for a pay day somewhere else. There have been any number of occasions when a player at a new club finds his form and plays well, making fans wonder why he was let go from his previous employers. There doesn't always have to be a sinister or devious reason.

Bottom line in this case is that Taylor's a decent player, and the team has missed him whilst he's been out injured. I don't think there's anything sinister or devious about the injury either. Sometimes injuries happen in football. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 6214
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 26
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for longer ness returns   Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:07 pm

Especially broken bones. They are just an occupational hazard and can happen at any time to any player.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
beesrus



Posts : 1253
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for longer ness returns   Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:14 pm

it's more his inability to cut his previous form at Oxford after his last big injury that stands out for me. As dear old Graiser used to say, why don't we all just wait and see Razz
The good player thing just adds to the why come here thing.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1353
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for longer ness returns   Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:39 pm

Does Graiser only post when we're winning?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain



Posts : 756
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for longer ness returns   Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:15 pm

Hopefully.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

avatar

Posts : 1983
Join date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for longer ness returns   Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:53 pm

Taylor and Shiftkey start tonight for the ressies.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

avatar

Posts : 9292
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 68
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for longer ness returns   Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:32 pm

FT Torpoint 2 - 0 Plymouth Argyle Att. 263
Back to top Go down
tigertony

avatar

Posts : 1983
Join date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for longer ness returns   Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:13 pm

Tgwu wrote:
FT Torpoint 2 - 0 Plymouth Argyle Att. 263
At least the crowd was bigger than Grimsby v Sunderland. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Taylor out for longer ness returns   

Back to top Go down
 
Taylor out for longer ness returns
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Labour MP David Taylor dies following heart attack
» Stewart Taylor
» Taylor Hawkins
» Taylor Swift
» Taylor Hanson

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: