Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread...

Go down 
+17
Greenskin
MikeWN
Lord Melbury
Czarcasm
Freathy
Punchdrunk
Jethro
tigertony
Earwegoagain
Tgwu
Elias
RegGreen
VillageGreen
akagreengull
Innocent Egbunike
PatDunne
Les Miserable
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread...   5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread... - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 10:21 pm

8 draws tonight I think they were all score draws as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread...   5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread... - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 10:52 pm

With 3 points for a win and 4 teams to go down, you need to win games, with away results being our best call over the last couple of seasons. Lucky not to lose tonight at the end. Only Carey has an answer, no one else.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: 5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread...   5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread... - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 11:16 pm

Adams left it too late to sub keeper.
Incredible saves at end. Stuck on a627 at moment
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: 5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread...   5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread... - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 11:33 pm

Good point and defensive work against a very good team, nice to see Carey may have found his footballing feet again.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: 5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread...   5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread... - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 5:18 am

Signs that just a very remote chance we could pull through. win 2 of next 3 and its game on
Taylors loss in the opening game of the season has been huge shouldnt be under estimated
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: 5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread...   5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread... - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 6:52 am

MikeWN wrote:
Sounded a bit hectic at the end there! In fairness, it sounds like you can't criticise the commitment. It might just be enough to escape the drop, or should I take my jester hat off?

Agree. Not done yet after only 14 games. Most telling commentary of the night for me came from David Norris who said the team looked confident in what they were doing and not like a side who’ve been on the run they have. They have a chance if they and the manager are still pulling the same way.

Need wins now though, starting Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread...   5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread... - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 8:48 am

Have the team been given the go ahead to have a go at teams? Certainly sounds like it, I was at Yovo away last season and a couple of things struck me, firstly how shit Sawyer is, secondly Tanner was playing down the right wing "supporting" Blissett as lone striker, someone punted the ball up to Bliss who nodded it down perfectly into the path of Tanner, their left back immediately slammed on the anchors and tracked back at which time Tanner does the same and then tracks back marking his man. Bliss was stood there looking mighty pisssed asking why he hadn't gone for the ball? It seemed obvious that Adams had told him on no account lose your man, to me it seemed back to front it's the job of defenders to mark not strikers, well not all the time and certainly not if it cost us a goal, Yovo obs knew this or the defender wouldn't want to lose his man in that position.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: 5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread...   5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread... - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 10:31 am

Jervis was poor last night. Sawyer should have hacked down the Blackburn player who wnt past him, we so nearly lost that yesterday with the last kick of the game.
Blackburn were going for glory goals instead of playing simple football. Reminded me of Sheffield weds away in oct 2008. Overhitting everything and looking for fop corner after all its only Plymouth they were playing.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: 5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread...   5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread... - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 12:50 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
1-1 FT Rode our luck, but credit where it's due. Great confidence boost for the young keeper too.

Second that.

Looks like Blackburn will be ruing the missed chances today.

Blimey , two games unbeaten Shocked
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: 5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread...   5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread... - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 12:53 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
MikeWN wrote:
Sounded a bit hectic at the end there! In fairness, it sounds like you can't criticise the commitment. It might just be enough to escape the drop, or should I take my jester hat off?

Agree. Not done yet after only 14 games. Most telling commentary of the night for me came from David Norris who said the team looked confident in what they were doing and not like a side who’ve been on the run they have. They have a chance if they and the manager are still pulling the same way.

Need wins now though, starting Saturday.

Blackburn boss says he can't see any sign of dressing room discontent from the way Argyle played.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: 5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread...   5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread... - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 6:22 pm

One win in fourteen matches means almost certain relegation, this squad wont find playoff form over the next thirty two games as most are not good enough for the third division, still we've mixed it for a season with the big boys and i'm grateful to Jimmy for that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread...   5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread... - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 6:25 pm

Two good goals from both teams, and a return of some of the luck Argyle enjoyed last season. Opposing forwards are clearly a step up from last season's motley crew, and rarely will the now depressingly normal defensive thing hold out for 90 minutes, hence the present predicament.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread...   5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread... - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 6:30 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
One win in fourteen matches means almost certain relegation, this squad wont find playoff form over the next thirty two games as most are not good enough for the third division, still we've mixed it for a season with the big boys and i'm grateful to Jimmy for that!

Playoffs were never on the cards this season realistically. Staying up was the main objective which we are failing to achieve at the moment.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: 5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread...   5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread... - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 6:37 pm

Angry wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Playoffs were never on the cards this season realistically. Staying up was the main objective which we are failing to achieve at the moment.
I never for a moment thought this dogshit squad would make the playoffs angers, i mean they will have to show promotion form to avoid relegation which just wont happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread...   5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread... - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 7:23 pm

I was there last time PAFC played Blackburn, 1 - 3 home defeat but too young to feel any pain or realise the gravity of the result :O
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread...   5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

5000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire v Argo 0 match thread...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3