+3
Earwegoagain
GreenSam
Hitch
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Hitch

Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer Empty
PostSubject: Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer   Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer EmptySat Oct 14, 2017 11:56 pm

Before I go off on a major accusatory rant does anybody know for absolutely certain that the prolific daily farm poster known as Lundan Cabbie is the Crystal Palace supporter and occasional Herald sports reporter Chris Errington?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer   Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 12:10 am

Hitch wrote:
Before I go off on a major accusatory rant does anybody know for absolutely certain that the prolific daily farm poster known as Lundan Cabbie is the Crystal Palace supporter and occasional Herald sports reporter Chris Errington?
I thought he's been called Paul before?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer   Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 12:51 am

It isn't him.

LC is a genuine cabbie, he just happens to be another Palace fan who lives in Plymouth. Pretty sure I've been in his cab before and got talking about football.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer   Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 7:08 am

Cheers lads - fair play then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer   Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 7:36 am

Hitch wrote:
Cheers lads - fair play then.
You're welcome!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer   Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 1:26 pm

He may not be Errington he's still a tool, talking about safe standing in the Mayflower the other day he said that the Mayflower wouldn't be suitable as it was going to be "more corporate in that area?" This begs the question whether he's actually stood on the Mayflower in the past, from memory that was the cheapest stand in the stadium years ago until Brent closed it and it's going to be the only area inside Home Park without a roof. If the crapshack actually gets built and they have enough money left over for seats that is, I won't hold my breath. If they do ever open the Mayflower again I will buy a season ticket right under the directors box, Brent will see what an easy ride he's had of it up until now, I remember standing down there with at least a couple of thousand fans all giving Macauley dogs abuse, can't remember Nool being there he was probably sitting near the directors box smiling at Evil Dan and trying to catch his eye.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer   Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 3:14 pm

Careful EWGA - Mayflower terraces closed 2007 before brent.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer   Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 3:40 pm

shonbo wrote:
Careful EWGA - Mayflower terraces closed 2007 before brent.

Sorry my bad, it's all become a blur. Feck me ten years ago.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer   Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 3:49 pm

To be fair it sounds like a Brent statement, apart from the "world class stadium" bit.

Plymouth Argyle have confirmed they are scrapping the Mayflower Enclosure at Home Park next season, reports The Herald. They will no longer rent around 3,500 temporary seats, which have been placed on the former area of terracing.

Argyle say they have taken the decision in advance of the planned demolition of the Mayflower Grandstand at the end of next season.

But the cash-strapped club also admitted that not renting the temporary seating would save them around £100,000.

The average gate is hovering above 10,000 with two games to go, and there is also the strong possibility of the Pilgrims being relegated to League One.

So the stadium capacity is unlikely to be an issue next term, despite the closure of part of Home Park.

Chief operating officer Tony Campbell confirmed the closure of the Mayflower Enclosure from the end of the current campaign.

"Subject to the necessary planning permission being granted, the club intends to demolish the Mayflower Grandstand at the end of the 2010/11 season to make way for a new stand as part of a world-class stadium.

"The decision to close the Mayflower Enclosure is needed for two reasons.

"Firstly, in order to ensure the smooth relocation of supporters from the Mayflower into other areas of the ground, we are spreading this across two years.

"The lower Mayflower will close at the end of 2009/10 and the upper Mayflower will close at the end of 2010/11. We believe this will lessen any resulting upheaval.

"Also, the Mayflower Enclosure is a huge drain on the club's finances. We are paying getting on for £100,000 a season for seating which, on this season's gates, is an expense we cannot justify."

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer   Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 4:02 pm

We've come a long way since those drastic dark days.
BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down
mandela

PostSubject: Re: Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer   Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 7:22 pm

Got to say that i like Chris Errington's journalism style and matchday commentaries. People complain that he doesn't ask difficult questions but he has to work with the Argyle staff every day so he can't really lay into them too much. He'd get chinned and/or banned. Danny Salman can write what he wants though.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer   Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer EmptyWed Oct 25, 2017 12:24 pm

I personally don't rate Errorington , a case in point was the Herald coverage I read today of the Brizzle reserve game yesterday. Having attended the game, the report today was actually accurate and representative of the game because Chris Errorington wasn't there, unlike when he was and his report of the MK Dons reserve game was totally hyped up.
In fact he hypes up most of his commentaries and reports in his Brent tinted way. You may of course disagree.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer   Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer EmptyWed Oct 25, 2017 12:53 pm

I agree, he never offers any opinion or analysis, every Thursday he just passes on what DA has said like a messenger boy......
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer   Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer EmptyWed Oct 25, 2017 1:23 pm

PatDunne wrote:
I agree, he never offers any opinion or analysis, every Thursday he just passes on what DA has said like a messenger boy......

Agree Pat but then he works for a third rate daily paper which really doesn't give any meaningful analytical perspective on anything, so he is probably at the right level of journalism.
The Erald reports on Argo really are starting to become more and more comical - you would think we were in the top flight making big deals for high level players, rather than a lower league team scraping the barrel deeper for free agents. geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer   Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer Empty

Back to top Go down

Herald 'journalist'/hypocrite/shit-stirrer
Page 1 of 1