Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.

Go down 
+16
Yea Man
tigertony
PlymptonPilgrim
Flat_Track_Bully
harvetheslayer
sufferedsince 68
Mook
Greenskin
Freathy
Peggy
RegGreen
Les Miserable
Tgwu
akagreengull
PatDunne
Earwegoagain
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.   Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town. - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 7:20 pm

Budget. End of it all comes down to budget, where is the money going?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.   Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town. - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 7:36 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I suppose the question is where do we go from here?

We have a couple of glaring problems: no pace anywhere being one and no presence in central midfield being another.

Ness and Sarcevic together just does not work.

And no RB obviously.

Make Songo'o captain. At least he cares. At least he does his job. He wins shit loads of ball and usually finds one of ours afterwards. That'll do for me.

I'm honestly at a loss as to what Sarcevic and Ness bring as a unit. Neither defends and neither attacks. It's lke having two Andy Sintons in the team: they tuck in and play shape and... well that's it.

Fox i trust is injured as he should be playing instead of Ness who i agree brings nothing to the team except his wifes endless rabbiting about how great her life is and how she is the only female to be a parent with a footballer husband.

Songo'o is better in the midfield than he is defence but today he was good he is dodgy most times but he and fox in the midfield is a great partnership that works so why isnt it being played now.

Carey just isnt interested and IMO we should sell him in january and use the cash to sign some players who do give a shit and want to play as a team instead of a one man band. We wont miss him he has been garbage since january of this year and isnt the same maverick who won us games and created chances for others that won him fans here.

Wylde :S enough said he made one good run but lost the ball so many times. should have come off instead of jervis

threlkeld shouldnt have started today seeing this was his first match back since he injured himself with no reserve football inbetween to shake off ring rust and got injured just before the first half. Taylor sinclair is just awful and i can see why he was voted worse doncaster player ever. Del bhey is desperate atm as he wouldnt have played him unfit otherwise i trust that and he really doesnt rate Jacob Sollik sic

Fletcher hands down did more in ten minutes than most did in 90 and that sums up how bad our team is. He has a footballing brain and did the little things fans are screaming for players to do and bagged himself a goal. No doubt brent is lining up a sale for him to cash in.

overall it was a crap game but we did play better in fairness but still crap. I trust cant see where our next win is going to come from and we are truly screwed on and off the pitch and something has to change very soon before the poor situation becomes inevitable and we go down.

Fans were arguing where i was sat spouting the usual bullshit when some where screaming for del bhey to get sacked or brent to go the famous pasoti response of "who is going to take over then? get behind the lads" was uttered. Apparently we didnt make that much money from the liverpool games and we as in ATD were blamed for making it up we made a good sum.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.   Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town. - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 8:34 pm

I don't think it matters where Songo'o plays. He's like a guided missile for the ball. He just finds it all the bloody time. Not great with it, admittedly, but it is a start. It doesn't much matter if he can't play as long as he gives it to somebody who can. You have to win it first. And he does. All the time.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.   Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town. - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 8:38 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

Difficult to say.

Argyle is the only branch of Akkeron that traded profitably according to their published accounts so it could be going anywhere.

While I am it... I heard today that the rest of the board had no idea the planning permission for the grandstand etc was a hybrid one until the day after it was submitted. Think on that for a moment. The other directors didn't even know until it was too late to stop it.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.   Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town. - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 8:59 pm

That is no surprise, given the level of ineptitude that pervades PAFC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.   Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town. - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 9:06 pm

Wylde is the biggest waste of a wage ive had the displeasure to watch! As shit as his parking Rant Rant
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.   Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town. - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 9:17 pm

MrSpoprano wrote:
Wylde is the biggest waste of a wage ive had the displeasure to watch! As shit as his parking Rant Rant
Another desperation signing by Adams to suit the austerity budget,  if you recall his re signing was much lauded in the brentherald and amongst the eternally grateful
Generally.
In stark contrast to the concerns and piss taking on
ATD.
We knew last time his final product is shocking and so it is again, Ainsworth is in the same mould and to some extent Grant.
Fact is other teams in the league have better more effective players.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.   Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town. - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 9:22 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Difficult to say.

Argyle is the only branch of Akkeron that traded profitably according to their published accounts so it could be going anywhere.

While I am it... I heard today that the rest of the board had no idea the planning permission for the grandstand etc was a hybrid one until the day after it was submitted. Think on that for a moment. The other directors didn't even know until it was too late to stop it.

I thought it was pretty obvious at the time that's what the fallout was about between Hallett and Brent. The timeline points in that direction.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.   Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town. - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 11:26 pm

Greenskin wrote:
tigertony wrote:
I've seen supertankers turn faster than our defence ... and have more speed.
I searched under all the seats but could not find our midfield anywhere.
I can only remember one instance when we strung together 3 passes and that was a neat little triangle in our half .. before losing possession.
We lumped it ... we humped it (I am allowed to say that?) ... but we never fumped it towards their goalie.
How much do we pay Carey?
We need action right now - NOW!!

So what action would you suggest? Sack Adams presumably because that would appear to be the only possible course of action given that no attached players can be signed until January. But then the REAL action should have taken place last summer. Remember last summer? That was when every man and his dog on here were warning of the consequences of making a bunch of cheapskate signings comprised mainly of players who had either previously failed at this level or who couldn't get into teams in the division below Argyle.

Every man except you that is.
I like to give folk a chance just as you did pre-season 2015 when DA was bringing in free players. So having put your final comment well and truly in the bin what's to do? 3 options really. If JB decided enough was enough we all know that selling a club can take a while and we don't have a while. Option 2 is for JB to allow DA to bring in players now from the job centre. A few of them, if fit enough, from the job centre list have the pedigree which indicates they could do well in Lge 1. Option 3 is to change manager/coaching staff. I can't decide whether option 2 or 3 is best. My huge concern is that JB changes manager and then hands it to PW as temporary which then becomes permanent just like Fletch. We'll see!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.   Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town. - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 11:36 pm

Aghhhh (big sigh) Oh to be a fly on the boardroom wall this evening! laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.   Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town. - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 11:40 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

The other directors didn't even know until it was too late to stop it.

They wouldn't have done diddly if they had known. Collaborators to a man. Couldn't be happening to a nicer regime. The club stinks from Brent to the fan fest. You get out what you put in.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.   Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town. - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 11:49 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I thought it was pretty obvious at the time that's what the fallout was about between Hallett and Brent. The timeline points in that direction.

Let me put an end to the nonsense that Hallett is pissed off about the HP plans.  He had nothing but praise for Brent and his plans when I met with him.  Did SH know it was a hybrid application?  I have no idea.  Have they fallen out since?  I have no idea.

But what I do know is, there was clearly no falling out at the time or in the immediate weeks following the application!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.   Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town. - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 11:56 pm

'When' he met you, Ricks.

To be fair - he could have told you anything. Why, if shit was going down, would he tell you? When he met you, it could all have been a pile of goat-shit, and was putting on a front! Who knows what the truth is in all of this mess.

Trust No-One - Believe Nothing - Question Everything.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.   Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town. - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 12:10 am

If Hallett was pissed off he did a remarkable job of hiding it.  He clearly wasn't.  Quite the opposite.  It doesn't make sense for SH to praise and 'big up' Brent if he wasn't happy with him. He'd have just kept quiet about everything.

No sorry..  Wishful thinking is leading to straw clutching.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.   Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town. - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 12:16 am

hallet is here to make money same as brent.

zero fecks are given concerning the football matters.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.   Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town. - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 6:43 am

"Plymouth Argyle remain rooted to the bottom of League 1 with a quarter of the season gone on target for one of the lowest points total ever.... Club Manager Derek Adams talking after Argyles defeat at Bury said that he's simply unable to compete financially with any other club in League 1 and has a massive job if he's to turn around the clubs fortunes in short order.......Club Chairman old Etonian Mr James Brent recently unveiled a huge £100m redevelopment of Higher Home Park to include a Hotel, Ice Rinks, Gyms and Multi office blocks on land he had bought previously from the club at a knockdown price of £425,000......when asked why he couldnt have redirected some of these huge sums towards the playing staff he stifled a nervous laugh looking at his henchmen and with timely lip quivering uttered those immortal words I told you up front you feckin dim Janners I was a reluctant buyer"
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.   Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town. - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 8:10 am

Well when we do a Rotherham this season in League 1, and Adams is history, when,Wotty is permanent manager, when the latest planning application is going through for the ice rinks, gyms offices etc etc and phase 3 of the Mayflower re development is announced.
I just hope one or two of the dim feckers who are eternally grateful for being saved, scratch their heads and say to themselves 'ere what happened there'.
Sliding down the path of eternal shitness under the Brentmare. :Suicide:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.   Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town. - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 8:25 am

Rickler wrote:
If Hallett was pissed off he did a remarkable job of hiding it.  He clearly wasn't.  Quite the opposite.  It doesn't make sense for SH to praise and 'big up' Brent if he wasn't happy with him. He'd have just kept quiet about everything.

Sorry Rickler, it’s extraordinarily naive to think that the vice-Chairman of the club is going to sit down for coffee and cake with a prominent ATD poster and do anything other than praise the Chairman. The ability to schmooze and present a front is one of things that enables people like Hallett to get where they are.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.   Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town. - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 8:44 am

I'll never forget that Spotlight interview after we got the replay v Liverpool.

Q: "What are you going to do with the money, buy new players?"

brent (in his best stupid posh laugh): "Ha ha ha ha ha no"

We're well past the stage where fans of other clubs would have been demonstrating, boycotting, making anti-brent chants at matches

Brent is taking us down on record low points because property comes first....and second and third and not a squeak from Argo fans.

eeeeeeeee saved uzzzzz
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.   Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town. - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 9:53 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
"Plymouth Argyle remain rooted to the bottom of League 1 with a quarter of the season gone on target for one of the lowest points total ever.... Club Manager Derek Adams talking after Argyles defeat at Bury said that he's simply unable to compete financially with any other club in League 1 and has a massive job if he's to turn around the clubs fortunes in short order.......Club Chairman old Etonian Mr James Brent recently unveiled a huge £100m redevelopment of Higher Home Park to include a Hotel, Ice Rinks, Gyms and Multi office blocks on land he had bought previously from the club at a knockdown price of £425,000......when asked why he couldnt have redirected some of these huge sums towards the playing staff he stifled a nervous laugh looking at his henchmen and with timely lip quivering uttered those immortal words I told you up front you feckin dim Janners I was a reluctant buyer"

"Buyer of last choice" or similar, wasn't it?

Last choice.

Remember playground football? Two captains taking turns to pick players for the teams? Last choice.

Not up to much was he usually? Probably weedy, speccy, asthmatic and only there at alll because the girls were already busy skipping and the other weedy, speccy, asthmatic kids were paired up and playing chess inside with the windows shut so the pollen didn't set their hay fever off.

Last choice was always the worst choice.

And so it came to pass once again.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.   Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town. - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 9:57 am

I thought the game changed after half time, you could see the difference when Oscar was replaced, we need him back.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.   Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town. - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 10:39 am

Rickler wrote:

White man speaks with forked tongue, used to be a popular phrase in your part of the world I believe? Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.   Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town. - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 10:43 am

rickler never have breakfast with anyone again as no matter you say happened word for word some one is going to make up a conspiracy theory and say its false.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.   Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town. - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 10:44 am

Earwegoagain wrote:

According to the most recent accounts Argyle is the only part of Akkeron currently trading profitably.

But Argyle is being run as an entirely separate entity, apart from the hybrid planning application natch, so Argyle's profit is probably not propping up hotel and surfwear operations elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.   Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town. - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 10:48 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

According to the most recent accounts Argyle is the only part of Akkeron currently trading profitably.

But Argyle is being run as an entirely separate entity, apart from the hybrid planning application natch, so Argyle's profit is probably not propping up hotel and surfwear operations elsewhere.

I didn't suggest for one minute that any money was going to hotels and Saltrock. My guess is it is being diverted into planning, scheming and fees for his holy grail of corporate stuff. I also think we will get relegated with the most healthy balance sheet of any relegated club, ever. We have forgotten we are a football club, period.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.   Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Akkeron vs Fleetwood (who the feck are you) Town.
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next