Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

avatar

Posts : 9292
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 68
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher   Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:56 pm

All Together Now

Spirit of Resurgam Lives On At Home Park

ARGYLE chairman James Brent has assured Pilgrims’ supporters that the club is totally united in focusing on turning around their disappointing start to life back in Sky Bet League One.

He has also called on the Green Army to continue to back the efforts of all at Home Park as everyone seeks to help the newly-promoted team bounce back to consolidate in League One this season.

James said: “The Board and whole club are clearly very disappointed with the recent dip in results, after such success last season. We empathise with fellow members of the Green Army who support the club in large numbers, both at Home Park and across the country.  

“The whole club is working, and will continue to work, tirelessly to support Derek, the management and our players to progress up the league. While we do not take our current position lightly, we have been in tougher places before – we overcame the challenges we faced then, and we will do so again.

“We believe that our players can address the current run of form. The Board is ready, however, to support further additions if Derek believes they are required.

“Now is a time for all of us to unite behind our team with the Resurgam spirit that defines our great city and club. I call upon the Green Army to continue to do what it does so well: please drive our team to success with your loud support.”

Derek said: “We have had a difficult start to our campaign in League One. In a considerable amount of games, we have competed well but failed to capitalise on the goalscoring opportunities that we have created in matches. Injuries and suspensions have not helped our cause.  

“The staff and players are confident we will rise up the table. We all appreciate the patience and support of the Green Army which has risen with us over the past two and a half years.”

Argyle captain Luke McCormick said: “All the lads are entirely focused on working as hard as we can to get our season up and running. As a squad, the spirit is excellent and we are united and confident that the efforts we are putting in every day on the training-ground will soon bring about the upturn in fortunes that we all want so badly.

“We appreciate the support that we continue to get from the Green Army, despite their understandable frustration with the way the season has started, and we are determined to honour that wonderful backing. Stick with us.


Last edited by Tgwu on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Herb.

avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Reigate, Surrey

PostSubject: Re: A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher   Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:06 pm

I particularly like the part where we are told that we now have to put up with this based on how shit we were a couple of years ago.

"You lucky bastards."

The tougher place he speaks of is Stourbridge, btw.
Back to top Go down
Herb.

avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Reigate, Surrey

PostSubject: Re: A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher   Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:09 pm

In my experience, if I had started saying to my boss, "But this is the way we've always done it." a few weeks prior, I'd have been sacked far quicker than I actually was for saying, "But this is the way we've always done it."
Back to top Go down
Elias

avatar

Posts : 4911
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

PostSubject: Re: A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher   Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm

Seems pretty desperate i must say
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1353
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher   Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:15 pm

Brilliant :thumbs:

Great Statement

All Together Now

COYGs :scarf:


Motivated response from Captain W
Back to top Go down
Herb.

avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Reigate, Surrey

PostSubject: Re: A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher   Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:20 pm

A football cliché quote generator that was then attributed to the club captain said: “All the lads are entirely focused on working as hard as we can to get our season up and running. As a squad, the spirit is excellent and we are united and confident that the efforts we are putting in every day on the training-ground will soon bring about the upturn in fortunes that we all want so badly."

The quote was quickly seized upon by the developers at Football Manager 2018 and incorporated in the V1.01 patch.
Back to top Go down
Herb.

avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Reigate, Surrey

PostSubject: Re: A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher   Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:26 pm

I love it when Luke says "upturn in fortunes" - he speaks WW2 English ALL the time, these days.

Oh, definitely.

"Excuse me, Madam. I see you have a chimm-in-ee that may need sweepi... what's that? Your fella is away in the War? I'm hoping for an upturn in fortunes unless those pesky Huns keep pushing back on the Eastern Front. It'll all be over be Christmas."
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4553
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 57
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: Re: A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher   Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:39 pm

Herb. wrote:
I love it when Luke says "upturn in fortunes" - he speaks WW2 English ALL the time, these days.

Oh, definitely.

"Excuse me, Madam. I see you have a chimm-in-ee that may need sweepi... what's that? Your fella is away in the War? I'm hoping for an upturn in fortunes unless those pesky Huns keep pushing back on the Eastern Front. It'll all be over be Christmas."

lol! Would you be the ex pasoti Herb, if you don't mind me asking?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 3613
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher   Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:41 pm

Lol Jimmy Lol. what good is money now Brent? the window is shut until January!!
As if six years of Bullshit is not enough Uncle Jim adds a bit more.
Going down with the Brentmare.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

avatar

Posts : 3953
Join date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher   Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:44 pm

"The Board is ready, however, to support further additions if Derek believes they are required."

Yep, easy to say when the transfer window is shut and no emergency loans allowed.  DA checking ads from the Job Centre it is then.  Shyster doesn't even begin to describe brent.
Back to top Go down
Herb.

avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Reigate, Surrey

PostSubject: Re: A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher   Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:45 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Herb. wrote:
I love it when Luke says "upturn in fortunes" - he speaks WW2 English ALL the time, these days.

Oh, definitely.

"Excuse me, Madam. I see you have a chimm-in-ee that may need sweepi... what's that? Your fella is away in the War? I'm hoping for an upturn in fortunes unless those pesky Huns keep pushing back on the Eastern Front. It'll all be over be Christmas."

lol! Would you be the ex pasoti Herb, if you don't mind me asking?

Pasoti? ;-)
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain



Posts : 755
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher   Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:01 pm

Where's Webby when you need him? Hi Herb.
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10187
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher   Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:05 pm

Freathy wrote:
"The Board is ready, however, to support further additions if Derek believes they are required."

Yep, easy to say when the transfer window is shut and no emergency loans allowed.  DA checking ads from the Job Centre it is then.  Shyster doesn't even begin to describe brent.

Im sure staplewallet used to wheel out that excuse too.


This statement from Brent is a carefully scripted load of bollocks. If he gave del proper funds we might not be in the shit now.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain



Posts : 755
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher   Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:08 pm

Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
"The Board is ready, however, to support further additions if Derek believes they are required."

Yep, easy to say when the transfer window is shut and no emergency loans allowed.  DA checking ads from the Job Centre it is then.  Shyster doesn't even begin to describe brent.

Im sure staplewallet used to wheel out that excuse too.


This statement from Brent is a carefully scripted load of bollocks. If he gave del proper funds we might not be in the shit now.

If Brent had backed Shez when we had Reid banging them in we would have promoted two years ago, we shouldn't be shocked by the level of shite we have now.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 3613
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher   Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:08 pm

Freathy wrote:
"The Board is ready, however, to support further additions if Derek believes they are required."

Yep, easy to say when the transfer window is shut and no emergency loans allowed.  DA checking ads from the Job Centre it is then.  Shyster doesn't even begin to describe brent.
Jimmy's worried, the fans are going to stay away from the Fleetwood defeat in their droves.
This horrendous collection of misfits could well be relegated in record breaking time, without adding anymore Jobcentre jokers to help them on their way.
Back to top Go down
Herb.

avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Reigate, Surrey

PostSubject: Re: A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher   Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:12 pm

"We accept that glass was found in a jam doughnut in our store, but we remain committed to your well-being. Despite the nail."
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10187
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher   Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:13 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
"The Board is ready, however, to support further additions if Derek believes they are required."

Yep, easy to say when the transfer window is shut and no emergency loans allowed.  DA checking ads from the Job Centre it is then.  Shyster doesn't even begin to describe brent.

Im sure staplewallet used to wheel out that excuse too.


This statement from Brent is a carefully scripted load of bollocks. If he gave del proper funds we might not be in the shit now.

If Brent had backed Shez when we had Reid banging them in we would have promoted two years ago, we shouldn't be shocked by the level of shite we have now.

Agreed. Had he offered Reid a decent contract last season we would have gone up as champions for definite aswell. He really has fecked us over so many times yet there are some idiots that refuse to believe the truth that he isnt here to get the club to the championship and he is here ONLY for the development of the carpark. Always been his motive to buy the club.
Back to top Go down
ShaRpy



Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-10-01

PostSubject: Re: A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher   Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:21 pm

So Dispite recent mumblings the spirit in the squad is good according to Luke
Back to top Go down
alannotivvy

avatar

Posts : 6360
Join date : 2012-11-03
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher   Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:27 pm

albino
Back to top Go down
akagreengull

avatar

Posts : 2617
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher   Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:38 pm

I'm starting to think l don't give a shit anymore. popcorn
Back to top Go down
akagreengull

avatar

Posts : 2617
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher   Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:43 pm

JB "recent dip in results" laugh laugh laugh lol
The mother of all understatements.
knob
Back to top Go down
Mook

avatar

Posts : 24
Join date : 2017-10-01
Location : Paignton

PostSubject: Re: A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher   Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:53 pm

Yes let's just all blindly support our team and not ask silly Q's such as "What the actual feck are you doing"?



Back to top Go down
ShaRpy



Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-10-01

PostSubject: Re: A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher   Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:56 pm

Would it be a fair assumption to make that Brent has allowed himself to be more focused on the development of Central park rather then investment into the playing side of the squad?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 2516
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 27
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher   Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:02 pm

feck off Brent you cnut, theres a message for you
Back to top Go down
Homeslice

avatar

Posts : 1102
Join date : 2015-02-23
Age : 45
Location : Lurking in the shadows

PostSubject: Re: A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher   Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:18 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Where's Webby when you need him? Hi Herb.

We need to be careful here. Legend has it that if you mention the wife snatcher by name three times, a self promoting 'motivational ' statement from the Erotic Wizard will appear on the baggo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher   

Back to top Go down
 
A message from the chairperson & the wife snatcher
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» TV executive guilty of beheading his wife
» Minister Murdered TV Make-Up Artist Wife
» Milton Keynes Man Charged with Murdering Wife in India
» Why it's NOT a crime to post an offensive message on Twitter: DPP backs free speech and clears Tom Daley 'troll'
» Randolph Maidens Charged With Murder In The Death Of His Wife, Rachael Maidens -- Brentwood, TN

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: