Sky Q

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tigertony

tigertony

Sky Q Empty
PostSubject: Sky Q   Sky Q EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 12:32 am

Phoned sky to upgrade to HD as we have the old old simple system. It worked out better to have skyQ installed as there is no installation fee, monthly costs drop by £10 and we get another box. Mrs Tiger spends a fair amount of time watching TV due to health and my worry is the possible complexity of the system.
Initially at least, is the easy task of just scrolling channels and selecting and setting reminders majorly different from normal sky? The more complex things like recording can wait.
Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Sky Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Q   Sky Q EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 12:36 am

It's pants.

Send it back.

Don't give Rupert your money.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
tigertony

tigertony

Sky Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Q   Sky Q EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 2:15 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
It's pants.

Send it back.

Thanks SFD. I did some reading around and one of the major moans from people was the difficulty in just bringing up the listings. I'm cancelling tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Sky Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Q   Sky Q EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 10:50 am

Something is seriously amiss with old Rupee's product, one recks. And by that, one means more amiss than normal. Sky aren't showing the Ashes this winter, which apart from some ITV2 covered T20 hit an giggle on the ol' silk road, is the first time since 2005. They're not showing half the football. They show old repeats of stuff from 20 years ago on every channel. They have lost the golf and some of the tennis. They have no domestic rugby. With prices rising, who on earth is paying more for this now almost contentless product? I could sorta get it, when they had the rights to everything. Now they've got the rights to some of it, but charge more than ever. I'm sure the snazzy new interface at Sky Q is pretty nifty at guiding people to more of the same thing, though obvs not for big feline tone, whose technological struggles are likely mirrored up and dain this rotting corpse of a once praid, profit guzzling nation.

soz, what I meant ter type was:

"That'll teach 'em, go get 'em Tigreé Tone!"
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
tigertony

tigertony

Sky Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Q   Sky Q EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 11:42 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Something is seriously amiss with old Rupee's product, one recks. And by that, one means more amiss than normal. Sky aren't showing the Ashes this winter, which apart from some ITV2 covered T20 hit an giggle on the ol' silk road, is the first time since 2005. They're not showing half the football. They show old repeats of stuff from 20 years ago on every channel. They have lost the golf and some of the tennis. They have no domestic rugby. With prices rising, who on earth is paying more for this now almost contentless product? I could sorta get it, when they had the rights to everything. Now they've got the rights to some of it, but charge more than ever. I'm sure the snazzy new interface at Sky Q is pretty nifty at guiding people to more of the same thing, though obvs not for big feline tone, whose technological struggles are likely mirrored up and dain this rotting corpse of a once praid, profit guzzling nation.

soz, what I meant ter type was:

"That'll teach 'em, go get 'em Tigreé Tone!"
Made my day reading that lol
laugh

Sky Q is now toast. Just going for the HD upgrade.
Back to top Go down

Sky Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Q   Sky Q EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 12:27 pm

tigertony wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
It's pants.

Send it back.

Thanks SFD. I did some reading around and one of the major moans from people was the difficulty in just bringing up the listings. I'm cancelling tomorrow.

Really? (put aside the Murdoch thing for a minute)I have Sky Q, with a Sky Q mini box upstairs. I find it the most intuitive of all TV viewing experiences currently available.

Everything is so easy, seamless and damn clever stuff, from My Q, to continuity of series, Ultra HD footy, voice control, 6 recordings at a time. remote recording, i,e from an app if you're away from the house and forget to record something etc etc. I wouldn't be without it.

Now, Murdoch, well, we all have our vices. I can't stand Brent & co running our basket-case of a club at the moment. But, I buy a ticket and go, in the knowledge a proportion of that ticket will go to his pension pot.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Sky Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Q   Sky Q EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 11:30 pm

Open a topcashback account and go for bt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sky Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Q   Sky Q Empty

Back to top Go down

Sky Q