The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SteelCannon

PostSubject: AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES   Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:11 pm

Back to top Go down
shonbo

PostSubject: Re: AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES   Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:30 pm

Thanks Tony
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES   Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:54 am

Give me strength...

AFT statement on HHP development & meeting with James Brent
Postby SteelCannon » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:59 pm

Update on the website folks, sorry for the delay.

Tony.

http://www.argylefanstrust.com/2017/09/ ... n-starnes/
SteelCannon
Leader

Re: AFT statement on HHP development & meeting with James Br

Postby GreenArmy1984 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:16 pm

Interesting update on Away Shirts

Delivery Due Last Week Of November
Follow me on Twitter @greenarmy1984
GreenArmy1984

Postby Keyham Pilgrim » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:23 pm

Very good questions but disappointing answers, the sooner we leave puma the better.
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist fears this is true.
Keyham Pilgrim

Postby GreenArmy1984 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:39 pm

One silver lining .....

Atleast my New Away shirt will be here for Xmas  :thumbs:
Follow me on Twitter @greenarmy1984
GreenArmy1984

Postby Leeder » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:09 pm

£2.50 to swap seats makes me dislike allocated seating even more.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES   Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:57 am

This tells you everything you need to know about Brent...

Q7.
Would the chairman reconsider his plans for Higher Home Park and allow the club to buy this land back. I believe that any development on this site should be for the sole benefit of the club, as well as allowing us the space to eventually develop a modern 21st century Grandstand. I believe that PAFC owning HHP would be hugely beneficial for the long term prospects of the club and eventually provide a generous source of non match day income.

A. Part of the HHP land has always been committed to the delivery of a new ice arena for the people of Plymouth. This commitment remains. The Chairman would be willing to sell the residual land back to the Club at fair value but it is unlikely that the Board would wish to proceed with the acquisition given the other opportunities to invest in the Club.
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES   Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:19 am

That was my question. Thanks for asking it Steely.
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES   Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:52 am

Noticed this tagged on at the end:

Training Facilities – Despite recent improvements to Harpers Park better facilities are still a priority. PAFC are looking for additional space behind the proposed Memorial Garden for a 4g and 2 grass pitches at a commercial rent.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

PostSubject: Re: AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES   Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:56 am

Sounds like yet another attempted land grab to put even more swathes of the park under private use. Just how much land does this football club need under Brent. No money for a decent squad of players, but plenty for pinching more land. This is how Harpers Park started, and now it is fenced off, and in effect, not part of the publicly accessible park.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES   Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:42 am

Can we please get back to the shirts debate FFS!
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES   Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:49 am

I see Brent's Evening Herald is spouting it's propaganda today
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES   Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:35 pm

Why are Mr Brent and Mr Starnes so joined at the hip - surely Mr Starnes main objective is for the success of the football club, not as some kind of agent of Akkeron (apart from the ticketing company that is).
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES   Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:51 pm

Don't mention the dodgy ticket fees FFS!
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES   Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:07 pm

Never said it was dodgy, just a bit difficult to understand.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES   Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:02 pm

I very disappointed that this has just surface, because the local councilors knew about what Brent was after.

e-mail from local councilor

I am aware but as yet nothing has been agreed.

edited to add

Sent a e-mail to chairperson of FOCP for his uptake on the training pitches, he had no knowledge on it and asked for my source.

It is not on the master plan
Back to top Go down
Angry

PostSubject: Re: AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES   Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES   Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:45 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Noticed this tagged on at the end:

Training Facilities – Despite recent improvements to Harpers Park better facilities are still a priority. PAFC are looking for additional space behind the proposed Memorial Garden for a 4g and 2 grass pitches at a commercial rent.

Been picked up on Pasoti as well page 23 on objections to planning app last post currently......sneaky little bugger Brent devious to the end
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES   Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:04 am

Will the Trust be making a formal statement on their views on HHP?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES   Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:00 am

More Brent Land Grab

Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES   Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:07 am

I am calling bullshit on that one as it involves Brent spending money for the benefit of the club.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

PostSubject: Re: AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES   Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:30 am

Zoo field is up for "landscaping" with the new Central Park funding, so perhaps Brent wants them to landscape in a manner suitable for football.
Brent isn't looking for more parkland for football, and in any event, the club has plenty of room. It's Central Park, not Argyle Park. He's looking for more parkland to control, then put out of bounds to city residents, and eventually change the use to his own advantage.
Look at the ongoing battle up at the airport site because Sutton Harbour were given a ludicrously long lease. Times have changed, everyone is on the make, and people like Brent cannot be trusted.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

PostSubject: Re: AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES   Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:39 am

I also believe he will want to make a play for Cottage Field football pitch that was foolishly originally earmarked for the ice rink a long time ago. He probably deduces that means the council are ready to listen. To be honest, I've been wondering why all of a sudden in the new park plan, new extra football pitches were being proposed, totally against the council policy for years of reducing the number of pitches in the city. Now perhaps we know what they might be considering. Outrageous if so.
I believe FOCP are well off the pace at this moment in time.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES   Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:16 am

beesrus wrote:
I also believe he will want to make a play for Cottage Field football pitch that was foolishly originally earmarked for the ice rink a long time ago. He probably deduces that means the council are ready to listen. To be honest, I've been wondering why all of a sudden in the new park plan, new extra football pitches were being proposed, totally against the council policy for years of reducing the number of pitches in the city. Now perhaps we know what they might be considering. Outrageous if so.
I believe FOCP are well off the pace at this moment in time.

True

Has I have Posted

I e-mail the chairperson last night,  he said he did not have any knowledge of it, thats after meeting with Mr Brent twice. He wanted my source.
It funny the ward councilor knew.

4g pitch, Central  park was offer a 4g pitch by a Devon FA offical  early this year, I sure I mention it before
Back to top Go down
green_genie

PostSubject: Re: AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES   Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:26 am

The HHP Design Statement or "Masterplan" drawing make no reference to the memorial garden location. The original HHP plans showed it behind BPE, which would involve removal of a lot of trees. The avenue of trees along path are protected as planted for Queen's Coronation.

Tight wad should pay off Stapleton & co for the cricket pitch site which would be ideal for a "bubbled" 4G pitch, which could be rented out when not in PAFC use.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES   Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:32 am

I heard they were after the Parks dept area for Argyle Community Trust
Back to top Go down
beesrus

PostSubject: Re: AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES   Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:40 pm

For what it's worth, I reckon the "behind the memorial garden" Zoo Field thing could possibly be a spratt to catch a mackerel. As Tg has said, there are negotiations ongoing behind closed doors re the council depot/cricket pitch/Stapleton's bit, and of course, is far more valuable in the long run being right next to the road. That they should run a public consultation process for a big park revamp while such big matters are winked and nudged behind closed doors is frankly out of order. Whatever is going on, it all stinks, and the council should be ashamed of themselves.
Back to top Go down
Angry

PostSubject: Re: AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES   Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:32 pm

why do we need a memorial garden? that never been explained.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES   

Back to top Go down

AFT STATEMENT ON HHP DEVELOPMENT & MEETING WITH JAMES BRENT AND MARTYN STARNES
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next