Charlie Wood
Grovehill
Tgwu
hmdr
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Webb calls it a day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:27 pm

greengenes wrote:
He's a really nice bloke . I like him.

I have never met him gg - people I have spoken with say the same as you. That doesn't change the fact (OK, my opinion) that there are things he has got right, as President, and he has got things wrong as well. I have just said this on pasoti, I think some of the comments on here have been over the top, there has been comparatively little recognition of what he has achieved or has been trying to achieve - I have said that a number of times - but his response to perceived attack has been poor. When someone told me to go and post elsewhere the other day (and I know that is less than Chris has received on here) I farted in his general direction and got on with things. Isn't that what people do? You have been on the receiving end of "banter" on here, gg, (and again I know it's been less than Chris) but you have kept going. That is to your credit and Chris's ..... (whatever the opposite of "credit" is Embarassed ). I don't know what he expected when he became President - it does seem that he didn't expect much criticism.

I hope he continues to try doing what he has tried to do so far. That will inevitably mean he comes in for flak - some of it deserved, some of it undeserved. That's life!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:28 pm

And long may you banter and grump GG clown
Do you reckon that's the last we've heard of them, or will they continue to snipe from Twitter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:30 pm

So Mr President takes a step away from a couple of hundred regular posters on internet forums.

I'm actually overcome with indifference.

I'll just check my Bovverrrredometer.

Nope, barely a twitch.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:32 pm

greengenes wrote:

He's a wanker...................... and you know it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:34 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
And long may you banter and grump GG clown
Do you reckon that's the last we've heard of them, or will they continue to snipe from Twitter.

On recent showing, I will expect a few doodle-bugs, land-mines and cross-border incursions. So, nothing new there then.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:34 pm

greengenes wrote:
afro
monti czardas wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Chris_Webb1 Chris Webb
Fantastic response from Argyle supporters via Pasoti, Twitter, Email and Call. #rightdecision #loyalsupporters #pafc #wearestayingup
29 minutes ago

He love himself, fantastic response from my fans, I only counted 19 reply on pasoti and a few are multiple

Nice hobby . Post counting . Must try it .

Nice hobby, annoying me on here and on pasoti, doubt i'll try it

Ban me or ignore me . Or maybe burn me . It's Banter .

We don't do illegal banning. You can make a tw@t of yourself on here for as long as you like. Still coming Cyprus in September ? Wouldn't you rather be at Ebbsfleet ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:37 pm

I can only speak as I find . He's been put into a difficult position but he'll get a lot more right than he gets wrong . We are all fallible human beings no more no less .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:
afro
monti czardas wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Chris_Webb1 Chris Webb
Fantastic response from Argyle supporters via Pasoti, Twitter, Email and Call. #rightdecision #loyalsupporters #pafc #wearestayingup
29 minutes ago

He love himself, fantastic response from my fans, I only counted 19 reply on pasoti and a few are multiple

We don't do illegal banning. You can make a tw@t of yourself on here for as long as you like. Still coming Cyprus in September ? Wouldn't you rather be at Ebbsfleet ?

Is that what you really feel - I make a tw@t of myself on here ?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:42 pm

Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:
afro
monti czardas wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Chris_Webb1 Chris Webb
29 minutes ago

I miss him as I comes to Cyprus in Oct
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:44 pm

shouldn't this thread be on the mundane thread?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:45 pm

GOB wrote:
shouldn't this thread be on the mundane thread?

No. It would spoil it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:47 pm

Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:

He's a wanker...................... and you know it.

Complete opposite.actually . He's a good man . Talk to him next time you're at,HP .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:51 pm

It has to be the first time in the entire history of football that a football fan has been offended by being called a bean head! lol!

It's more like the Christmas panto, bloody hilarious! lol!
Back to top Go down
argyledj

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:52 pm

when he resigns his post as president he may mean business but hes had more tantrums than a pre school.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:01 pm

GOB wrote:
It has to be the first time in the entire history of football that a football fan has been offended by being called a bean head! lol!

It's more like the Christmas panto,bloody hilarious! lol!

You pick out one thing and ignore all the rest . Come on people .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:04 pm

This bit interested me
Quote :
It is time in my view that those holding roles stepped up (and to be fair to them were allowed to step up).

For Club issues then the Club will have to be there to answer questions.
Do I detect a bit of a swipe at the odd person up at the club ? surely not. clown

I would bet the internet thing is not the only reason for him not wanting to be the club's unpaid PR man.
A role that was ill considered right from the start in my opinion. On jumping from the Trust so quickly, he said he was a horse for a certain course, and that has showed itself to be very very true... he's certainly no diplomat .. so far his presidency has been a disaster.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:07 pm

[quote="greengenes"]
GOB wrote:

And by admitting it...

Opened up a whole new can of beans!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:07 pm

Which forum(s) does he mean ????

There does seem to have been an outpouring of viritol (twitter, pasoti, here, anywhere) after defeat yesterday BUT vale WERE crap & we had no way to beat them, many are concerned & rightfully so......

he's brents man im afraid. brent offered it to him for a reason, but he shoudl have taken a back seat. the forza verde idea should have been in block 16 its so bloody obvious not all like flag waving etc, so ove to a presently closed area & you wont annoy any existing fans.

brents a shrewd man-if the trust can buy the 20% stake in the club he stands to get 20% of his money back inside the first 12mths........

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:10 pm

I'm sure he said he was taking a break not long ago, only to return worse than ever a couple of weeks down the line!!

He's another Cobi, he'll be back.

C ya prez thanks for the entertainment, bean head Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:11 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:
afro
monti czardas wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Chris_Webb1 Chris Webb
29 minutes ago

I miss him as I comes to Cyprus in Oct

I'm in Larnaca. Let me know if you want to see the sights.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:13 pm

greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:
afro
monti czardas wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Chris_Webb1 Chris Webb
29 minutes ago

Is that what you really feel - I make a tw@t of myself on here ?

Yes. You are a dull Aviva. I'll still buy you a beer and a kebab though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:15 pm

Do you get the sense that people are realising that we've been screwed over and now they're putting distances in place, first the GTs and today Damon stating pretty much that Brent is clueless, then Webb using a "bean head" excuse to runaway?

Reality dawning me thinks!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:21 pm

wait until mid april & we're down Gob, then itll go off big time and no mistake!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
argyledj

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:28 pm

GOB wrote:
Do you get the sense that people are realising that we've been screwed over and now they're putting distances in place, first the GTs and today Damon stating pretty much that Brent is clueless, then Webb using a "bean head" excuse to runaway?

Reality dawning me thinks!

i missed that! whats the gt's and damon been saying?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:28 pm

Yea Man wrote:
He's another Cobi,

That's a bit below the belt!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Webb calls it a day
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next