Charlie Wood
Grovehill
Tgwu
hmdr
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Webb calls it a day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:10 pm

HOPEFULLY, if it's true and it'll take some believing considering the issues that these guys seems to have, we may just be able to get back to leading a normal, fans Internet forum, life once again after several years of sufferance and PASOTI will once again become what it was.

Somehow I doubt it!
Back to top Go down
argyledj

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:51 pm

if ijn and webby have both quit then there has to be more to it than being upset with some internet name calling, would love to see what chris webb does with 500 posties on his case when the posties get a paycut and restructuring im sure he will be called far worse than a bean head.

is it orders from brent or are they trying to distance themselves from argyle going in to blue square oblivion it would not be the first time they backed the wrong horse trust in stapes, ive met todd he is genuine and now jb is the only option.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:54 pm

Could it be a simple matter of being able to dish it out but unable to take it?

Just an idea, like Cool
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:56 pm

argyledj wrote:
if ijn and webby have both quit then there has to be more to it than being upset with some internet name calling, would love to see what chris webb does with 500 posties on his case when the posties get a paycut and restructuring im sure he will be called far worse than a bean head.

is it orders from brent or are they trying to distance themselves from argyle going in to blue square oblivion it would not be the first time they backed the wrong horse trust in stapes, ive met todd he is genuine and now jb is the only option.

I agree. Something doesn't add up. More repositioning going on......................... just in case they've got it all wrong...........again !
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:08 pm

Peggy wrote:
Could it be a simple matter of being able to dish it out but unable to take it?

Just an idea, like Cool

I agree...

Life was okay when all the 'trouble' took place on ATD.

But, when it started to creep onto pasoti and they could not longer control it... They suddenly decide the 'medium' of a forum is no longer suitable for their purposes.

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:13 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
GOB wrote:
where did that come from?

i would guess at twatter?

Indeed. Although looking at a persons twitterings on an open medium (and looking at timelines promoted on pasoti no less) is stalking according to 'real' life mate Dane Bunney (who I notice from my loitering looks in here from time to time just to see what people are saying about him)

As its happens its quite easy to make ones twittering private and/or block individuals who you don't want to see it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:20 pm

Dougie wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
GOB wrote:
where did that come from?

i would guess at twatter?

Indeed. Although looking at a persons twitterings on an open medium (and looking at timelines promoted on pasoti no less) is stalking according to 'real' life mate Dane Bunney (who I notice from my loitering looks in here from time to time just to see what people are saying about him)

As its happens its quite easy to make ones twittering private and/or block individuals who you don't want to see it.

Exactly Dougie, but if your'e narcissistic, look it up Dane, what would be the point of that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:21 pm

Or even better ask your mate Rooney what it means Razz
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:59 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Or even better ask your mate Rooney what it means Razz

lol!
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:03 pm

webbs a hero- leave him be

Very Happy

bunny is a tw@t however
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Southborne

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:49 pm

Dear oh dear, Mr President has decided to do a almighty flounce. I hear that he is being offered the Chief Exec Job at RBS, But without the bonus. Dear god this man knows no bounds in self promoting, Id hate for him to be my union rep, Imagine him around the bargaining table, Holding his breath and turning blue until he got his own way. There is something going on behind the scenes IMHO, All the goodwill is flying out the window now this so called "Fans Representatives" are realising the truth. Trying to be in the know in a football club is not a fairytale but a dog eat dog world.

All the self-promoting and flag waving cant hide the truth, The team is shit, The owner is more interested in the land than the club. They vilified Heaney (Quite rightly) and put Harry Potter in charge who has the same agenda but came across as a nice man. Webb and Co will now distance themselves from any shit that comes along, But don't forget, He's a "Better Fan" than anyone on here lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:44 am

argyledj wrote:

I doubt its orders from Brent dont think he cares beyond the hotel. More likely a case of getting out of the line of fire for when the shit hits the fan....
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:15 am

We've never had communication so good.

All that was required was to simply apply a 'happy clappy filter' and resist an eternal desire to settle old scores.

But no, 'we' went and cut the head off the goose that laid the golden egg.

Triffic Rolling Eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:40 am

X Isle wrote:

All that was required was to simply apply a 'happy clappy filter' and resist an eternal desire to settle old scores.

Triffic Rolling Eyes.

I do understand where you are coming from but I don't really agree with you. I personally think that Webb was the better of the 3 amigo's but he did get involved with some very unsavoury bickering and arguments on here. The other 2 amigo's stirred up so much shit some started to stick to Webby, he also has a problem answering questions that are asked of him if he doesn't like the questions. Pasoti is a much calmer place now that another figure has now left (apparently) but now maybe it can go back to what it used to be, that is a discussion site. Anyway you will only get information on a new striker if we were to sign one and I will believe that when I see it.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:41 am

X Isle wrote:

Triffic Rolling Eyes.

I do believe in fairies ! I do, I do, I do !

We haven't done it Smiffy. There's a gradual realisation of reality down on the farm. The pig has been rumbled.

Typical bullies. Gleefully dish it out but cry like girls when they get it back.

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:46 am

From the responses on Pasoti I would say that Chris had begun to grate with more than those with scores to settle. It was only that people were to polite to say until he gave them an opportunity to do so with is flounce. The fact that he withdrew from Paosti whilst alluding that the problems lay elsewhere was a singular bizareness
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:06 am

I've never had a score to settle with Chris Webb. I admired everything he did last year, not letting any statement pass by without questioning it, not letting Guilfoyle, Heaney or Ridsdale rest until he had gained the information he sought, and thought he would continue to be at the forefront of The Trust, and ensure that fans were heard with the new owner installed.

Instead he resigns from The Trust and becomes Club President, and all of a sudden everyone has to take the word of the new owner, everyone has to trust in Brent, everyone has to stop asking awkward questions that might offend James Brent who was different to all the Johnny Comelatelys who only wanted the club for propert development.

Chris would berate anyone on ATD who dared to question Brent, would stick staunchly by Ian Newell whatever tricks and games were played to disrupt this site, and would definitely not answer any questions on here that were not to do with how amazing the Ultras and flags would be. He would flounce off and report to Pasoti about what an ignorant bunch we were, not worth bothering with, withdrew the amazingly informative Presidents Progress updates, and via twatter would call people cowards, freaks and weirdo's.

It was never going to be possible for the Club President to still be one of the lads posting on football forums, but Chris was sure that he could say and do things as Chris Webb, that were not related in any way to the Club President role. He would post arrogantly and confrontationally on ATD, and go and post on Pasoti in an entirely different manner. How a Club President can get involved in spats and refuse to acknowledge any portion of clubs supporters, customers of his new master, is beyond me, but because it was Chris Webb, saviour of the club, where were you in the war? it was OK as far as his Pasoti admirers were concerned.

Yes the insults were hurled from this site, in frustration when he refused to engage in debate or answer anything worthwile, or was tweeting about freaks, cowards and weirdo's, but the cite being called "baked bean head" as a reason to withdraw from communicating via the internet is ridiculous. If, as Chris has reported, he was threatened with stabbing, it came on twitter, but instead of making this clear to all his Pasoti chums, he left it dangling as if the threat was made by someone on ATD, because it suited him to alienate even more people against this site. And to add more confusion to his announcement, he isn't giving up twitter, the source of the threat made against him!

And now he has announced his "resignation" from public life, like a member of the Royal Family, the comments from ATD are strangely matched by a fair few Pasoti members, and now questions are being asked on both sites as to whether it is because he is now not quite so confident of staying up and everthing being hunky dory with Mr Brent.

I personally feel let down by Chris because I feel that he has taken on a role at the club, which goes against everything he preached before Brent took over, and has now become a mouthpiece for his new master, a PR agent who has made a complete U-turn in a short space of time, for a seat next to James Brents side.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:13 am

Greenjock wrote:
I've never had a score to settle with Chris Webb. I admired everything he did last year, not letting any statement pass by without questioning it, not letting Guilfoyle, Heaney or Ridsdale rest until he had gained the information he sought, and thought he would continue to be at the forefront of The Trust, and ensure that fans were heard with the new owner installed.

Instead he resigns from The Trust and becomes Club President, and all of a sudden everyone has to take the word of the new owner, everyone has to trust in Brent, everyone has to stop asking awkward questions that might offend James Brent who was different to all the Johnny Comelatelys who only wanted the club for propert development.

Chris would berate anyone on ATD who dared to question Brent, would stick staunchly by Ian Newell whatever tricks and games were played to disrupt this site, and would definitely not answer any questions on here that were not to do with how amazing the Ultras and flags would be. He would flounce off and report to Pasoti about what an ignorant bunch we were, not worth bothering with, withdrew the amazingly informative Presidents Progress updates, and via twatter would call people cowards, freaks and weirdo's.

It was never going to be possible for the Club President to still be one of the lads posting on football forums, but Chris was sure that he could say and do things as Chris Webb, that were not related in any way to the Club President role. He would post arrogantly and confrontationally on ATD, and go and post on Pasoti in an entirely different manner. How a Club President can get involved in spats and refuse to acknowledge any portion of clubs supporters, customers of his new master, is beyond me, but because it was Chris Webb, saviour of the club, where were you in the war? it was OK as far as his Pasoti admirers were concerned.

Yes the insults were hurled from this site, in frustration when he refused to engage in debate or answer anything worthwile, or was tweeting about freaks, cowards and weirdo's, but the cite being called "baked bean head" as a reason to withdraw from communicating via the internet is ridiculous. If, as Chris has reported, he was threatened with stabbing, it came on twitter, but instead of making this clear to all his Pasoti chums, he left it dangling as if the threat was made by someone on ATD, because it suited him to alienate even more people against this site. And to add more confusion to his announcement, he isn't giving up twitter, the source of the threat made against him!

And now he has announced his "resignation" from public life, like a member of the Royal Family, the comments from ATD are strangely matched by a fair few Pasoti members, and now questions are being asked on both sites as to whether it is because he is now not quite so confident of staying up and everthing being hunky dory with Mr Brent.

I personally feel let down by Chris because I feel that he has taken on a role at the club, which goes against everything he preached before Brent took over, and has now become a mouthpiece for his new master, a PR agent who has made a complete U-turn in a short space of time, for a seat next to James Brents side.

If the pasoti massive only ever read one post on ATD it should be this one. Spot on (again!) Jock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:26 am

If anyone from the Pasoti massive read this, they should trawl back through a few more old posts to see the sort of crap certain people have done to try and discredit this site, sending dodgy PM's making accusations they wanted published, which were blatantly made up, new posters with "dodgy" e-mail addresses making statements then disappearing when a mod would ask them to verify their e-mail address.

See how much trouble a certain Dane Bunney has caused, and yet is still awfully pally with Chris Webb and Ian Newell on twatter, yet Chris can't respond to Argyle fans on this forum because we're all keyboard warriors,freaks, weirdo's and cowards Sleep If Dane Bunney is the type of Argyle fan Chris wants to associate with, I'm glad he has decided to bugger off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:27 am

X Isle wrote:

Triffic Rolling Eyes.

If you really believe that Smiffy then I suggest that you are niavely out of touch with the abuse that has now become apparent, that was not just aimed at ATD, but many others that are not and never been associated with this site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:43 am

Greenjock wrote:

Good post Jack
Back to top Go down
Ade

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:45 am

I agree Andy, good post GJ and sums up the situation nicely. Without wishing to get too personal with regards to Chris Webb, the cyber flounce was a spectacular own goal. Sure there was plenty of back slapping supporting posts, but equally there were probably more posts then he would have liked to have seen that were not too complimentry or pleading for him to stay.

If you look at the history of CW's posts and style, it is completely obvious that he has dished out a load of verbal and confrontational comments, sometimes it appears that he just just help himself and this gives the impression (rightly or wrongly) that he has an ego of a small African country and then accuses others of being keyboard warriors..

I agree with GJ, I think the main problem here is that he has gone from a perceived image of 'man of the people' to 'champayne socialist' overnight, being openly critical the Trust the very vehicle that helped his profile and one as 'President' he should be openly supporting in the public domain, especially as this particular 'President' role seems to have been turned into something more important than it ever has done before down the years where it was just a name rather than role, I dont think the 'President' title was ever meant to be a role - more a title of recognition, seems times are changing in that regard though.

There is no doubt that Pasoti is not the forum it used to be, its sterile, over moderated and takes itself far far too seriously nowadays, I think the best years are behind it, the 50 page threads of steamy debate lost when good posters were 'banned' Only to be replaced with CW deciding to dominate most threads with a comment or two, first we had 'unleash the dogs' now we get ' James Brent is perfect - back off bitches' & 'you must always be grateful'. I think the latter has worn thin, how about CW being grateful for the support he received from the masses and the sheer amount of money raised from the supporters.

FWIW, I think he has done the right thing here and I hope he doesnt make a return in a fanfare of trumpets, that will only erode any creditibilty he has left but we must also cut hime some slack, he is only 32 and has a lot to learn, maybe this vertical learning curve has been useful for him. You can take the boy out of the Union but... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 11:45 am

Nice banner (now updated). Too many flag clauses Laughing
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:51 pm

Iggy wrote:
X Isle wrote:

Triffic Rolling Eyes.

I do understand where you are coming from but I don't really agree with you. I personally think that Webb was the better of the 3 amigo's but he did get involved with some very unsavoury bickering and arguments on here. The other 2 amigo's stirred up so much shit some started to stick to Webby, he also has a problem answering questions that are asked of him if he doesn't like the questions. Pasoti is a much calmer place now that another figure has now left (apparently) but now maybe it can go back to what it used to be, that is a discussion site. Anyway you will only get information on a new striker if we were to sign one and I will believe that when I see it.

Maybe Iggs, I just wish everyone would get along. Far too much c*ck measuring and grudge holding goes on though. It's the same as life in general I guess but you'd think a common shared interest would mean peeps would make more effort, put aside the odd difference. Alas no. Ho hum.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:59 pm

GOB wrote:
X Isle wrote:

Triffic Rolling Eyes.

If you really believe that Smiffy then I suggest that you are niavely out of touch with the abuse that has now become apparent, that was not just aimed at ATD, but many others that are not and never been associated with this site.

Maybe I am Gob.......but then that's one aspect of my Argyle supporting life i've always been quite happy to be out of touch with.

I'm no stranger to returning abuse with interest when it comes my way, but i've never held a grudge longer than I can hold an p1ss into a force 9. It all just leaves me flacid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Webb calls it a day
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next