Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Mankover Planning application submitted

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 5124
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:13 pm

Fake news hopefully Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

avatar

Posts : 9873
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 69
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:33 am

Plymouth city bus depot

Where is it? At Milehouse Road and Alma Road, opposite Central Park

What's the idea? The old social club had been allocated for housing, or housing-led mixed use, of an unspecified number. The wider site -is still key to the Citybus operation - There were plans for this land and could come back later, It had been  earmarked for mixed-use
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain



Posts : 1321
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:52 am

Tgwu wrote:
Plymouth city bus depot

Where is it? At Milehouse Road and Alma Road, opposite Central Park

What's the idea? The old social club had been allocated for housing, or housing-led mixed use, of an unspecified number. The wider site -is still key to the Citybus operation - There were plans for this land and could come back later, It had been  earmarked for mixed-use

I expect Brent will have a back up plan like parking on Brickfields for his corporate customers.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1586
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:51 am

DO a few dog walkers need all that grass stuff?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain



Posts : 1321
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:56 am

PatDunne wrote:
DO a few dog walkers need all that grass stuff?

It helps with the pain appaza.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

avatar

Posts : 1520
Join date : 2013-03-24
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:39 am

I can just picture the scene ...

~~
You're going to a big, high profile national conference in Plymouth, a city you've never been to before. It looks brilliant in the pictures, the Hoe and the Barbican and Royal William Yard and the Tamar Bridge and that. You're looking forward to seeing the place. Then you receive the joining instructions. You rip the envelope open and read ...

'Reet bey? What you does is, you goes to the bus garidge by the traffic lights there. Paast the bus washes and over the back there - you'll see a bey sitting at a trestle table. Park op, sign in with him, get your badge and then what you does is you joins the queue for the Target Travel minibus op the road to the stadium.'
~~
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain



Posts : 1321
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:43 am

lol! Professional as ever.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull

avatar

Posts : 3253
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:05 pm

Peggy wrote:
I can just picture the scene ...

~~
You're going to a big, high profile national conference in Plymouth, a city you've never been to before. It looks brilliant in the pictures, the Hoe and the Barbican and Royal William Yard and the Tamar Bridge and that. You're looking forward to seeing the place. Then you receive the joining instructions. You rip the envelope open and read ...

'Reet bey? What you does is, you goes to the bus garidge by the traffic lights there. Paast the bus washes and over the back there - you'll see a bey sitting at a trestle table. Park op, sign in with him, get your badge and then what you does is you joins the queue for the Target Travel minibus op the road to the stadium.'
~~

Ah ha the majesty of the Janner Nation ala Brent.
Good one Peggy Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7783
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:45 pm

To be fair to Brent, he has slotted in seamlessly with all the other incompetent City Planners and strategic decision makers at PCC.

It ain’t just Argyle, but virtually everything that is earmarked for our city is poorly planned, poorly funded, and totally half-arsed in regards to being forward thinking. The only exceptions I would say is the Uni’s Levinsky Building, and of course the RWY....but even with that it’s Urban Splash that deserve the credit.

How in Gods name have we come to the point whereby a huge development project like Millbay is sitting in the lap of someone who even openly admits he can’t develop it !?

The rest of the country looks upon us as a yokel backwater. It stinks, but that perception is thoroughly deserved.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 1924
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:02 pm

Plymouth's problem is deep rooted and I have always believed it is due to the services role and mentality. As the plethora of live nuclear reactors shows, it has long been viewed as a sacrificial city and people, even to the extent that more lucrative heavy industry and white collar work was rationed and never allowed to locate to the area because it would give competition to the poor wages handed down by the dockyard/MOD/King. That's the reality, consequently, there is a deep sense of not being able to make a proper decision about anything, as too often they knew they could be overruled.
The city just doesn't have an entrepreneurial heart. Never has. The swimming pool 6 inches or whatever short of a full load will always be the classic. Razz I reckon the ice rink may yet have an even more profound fault in it's conception, as did the original Pavilions. Something doesn't make sense.

Yes, the Theatre Royal has been a success and the university is booming for now, and much was down to one man as mentioned above, as was the early recycling policy success in the city, now squandered, but that only makes me think there is a University industry wide classic cyclical sting going on and I suspect there will be a huge decline in the next 10 years with much of the property assets being farmed out to the usual suspects for next to nothing, and student numbers dropping through the floor. We're already seeing the call for 2 year degrees and the huge problem of spiralling credit and student debt. Makes sense apparently. It's not just Brent trying to fill his boots before the balloon goes up.
Some humans have an uncanny knack of homing in on vulnerable souls and the city is full of pirates  pirat . Civilised behaviour is a very thin veneer no more than a diesel film on the water surface. I think some call it the three Fs.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

avatar

Posts : 603
Join date : 2013-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:00 pm

beesrus wrote:
even to the extent that more lucrative heavy industry and white collar work was rationed and never allowed to locate to the area because it would give competition to the poor wages handed down by the dockyard/MOD/King.

Spot on there. Henry Ford wanted to build a big car production plant at Cattedown in the twenties but was told to do one by the Admiralty who feared it drive up local wages. He built his factory at Dagenham instead where he employed 40K at it's peak.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7783
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:35 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
beesrus wrote:
even to the extent that more lucrative heavy industry and white collar work was rationed and never allowed to locate to the area because it would give competition to the poor wages handed down by the dockyard/MOD/King.

Spot on there. Henry Ford wanted to build a big car production plant at Cattedown in the twenties but was told to do one by the Admiralty who feared it drive up local wages. He built his factory at Dagenham instead where he employed 40K at it's peak.

Quite astonishing. And the rest as they say, is history.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 1924
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:41 pm

And a last bit of history  .....Plymouth's one big moment of self esteem was when they stood undefeated for five years against the Royalist Westcountry establishment surrounding them during the English civil war. A form of Fortress Home Park, you'll never take the Devonport and all that stuff. Trouble is, as soon as the tide turned 20 years later, and the Royal bullies returned to take vengeance, the guns at the citadel turned away from the sea and were pointed in on the city. They've been there ever since.
Funnily enough, I saw the modern day artillery guns being airlifted out of the Citadel earlier this year as the citadel is sold to the next generation of private castle dwellers. Good riddance, but not the best of new tenants I would imagine. A bit like modern day HHP, the wrong land owner again with the wrong motivation.
These things matter, these things have an effect, despite wittering on here.
Back to top Go down
P.O.I

avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2017-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:28 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
beesrus wrote:
even to the extent that more lucrative heavy industry and white collar work was rationed and never allowed to locate to the area because it would give competition to the poor wages handed down by the dockyard/MOD/King.

Spot on there. Henry Ford wanted to build a big car production plant at Cattedown in the twenties but was told to do one by the Admiralty who feared it drive up local wages. He built his factory at Dagenham instead where he employed 40K at it's peak.

Most enlightening, Lord Melbury. Who'd have thunk that? Shocked
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 2266
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:47 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Peggy wrote:
I can just picture the scene ...

~~
You're going to a big, high profile national conference in Plymouth, a city you've never been to before. It looks brilliant in the pictures, the Hoe and the Barbican and Royal William Yard and the Tamar Bridge and that. You're looking forward to seeing the place. Then you receive the joining instructions. You rip the envelope open and read ...

'Reet bey? What you does is, you goes to the bus garidge by the traffic lights there. Paast the bus washes and over the back there - you'll see a bey sitting at a trestle table. Park op, sign in with him, get your badge and then what you does is you joins the queue for the Target Travel minibus op the road to the stadium.'
~~

Ah ha the majesty of the Janner Nation ala Brent.
Good one Peggy Thumbs
geddon peggy Thumbs
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 58
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:48 am

The level of sport will be explosive when Brent fails to find a single lame investor and who in their right mind lends to a serial failure. They dont and not even the shady lenders will touch this fella
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

avatar

Posts : 9873
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 69
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:49 pm

I hope Vivien Pengelly treats Central Park the same as Kings George King George V recreational field in Elburton when she sits on the planning committee on Thursday
Residents and councillors have been left furious after learning housing developers have demanded a sewage treatment pumping station be placed on a ‘protected’ Plymstock playing field.

A planning application by South West Water aims to fence off ground measuring 21.5m by 14m – with a 13m by 9m concrete and gravel slab inside - on King George V recreational field in Elburton to provide for the new housing development in Nightingale Close.

Dunstone Plymstock councillor Vivien Pengelly, who has long battled Sherford’s developers from carving into the much-used public park, said she was “furious” as it came “hard on the heels of two unforeseen changes to the original site application of Sherford.”

She told The Herald: “Now it seems these developers have either mismanaged their sewage treatment facility or they have knowingly built on the land originally intended for this purpose and now expect the community to make further sacrifices.

“This is just not good enough.

“It makes the local residents wonder what on earth they are going to do next.

“The King George V playing fields were given by the crown to the people of Plymstock for recreational purposes.

“They are gradually being hemmed in by residential and road development.

“Further encroachment by developers should not be allowed.

“I will call this application in to be heard by the planning committee and will attend to speak very strongly against this application .

“I hope residents will not support it.”
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 2266
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:57 pm

Is that the same vivian pengelly that jumped into bed with toddy & gardner with the new stadium & world cup bid ????
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 1924
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:02 pm

This tickled me, and no doubt Hallett's makeover will copy one or two bits from new ideas for Old Trafford. The last item could be a goer down here with  the ATD stand and Fakeoti stand at opposite ends cat
Quote :
 inside the ground, technology could be used to harness the movement of the crowd. So-called 'piezoelectric rockers' would capture energy every time someone steps on one and this could be used to heat the seats
Huge double-sided LED screens inside the ground could keep fans updated while LED lighting woven into the pitch could be used to trace the movement of the players.
The ground could be fitted with 'turbo Wi-Fi' to allow supporters to order drinks and interact with others in the crowd on social networking websites.


Last edited by beesrus on Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

avatar

Posts : 9873
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 69
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:04 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Is that the same vivian pengelly that jumped into bed with toddy & gardner  with the new stadium & world cup bid ????


Yes. I have a feeling she will not take her place on the committee on Thursday.
Back to top Go down
BBC1

avatar

Posts : 2061
Join date : 2011-11-17
Age : 49
Location : 22 Acacia Avenue

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:51 am

Thankfully Thursday evening is Dickensian Evening in Lostwithiel. A lovely annual event combining late night shopping with lantern parade, carol singing, mulled wine and nibbles around the shops, and lots of other festive goodies.

The meltdown and gloating from that afternoon's planning meeting will be a good thing to digest a couple of days after the event me thinks. Sulk Handbags
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain



Posts : 1321
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:48 am

beesrus wrote:
This tickled me, and no doubt Hallett's makeover will copy one or two bits from new ideas for Old Trafford. The last item could be a goer down here with  the ATD stand and Fakeoti stand at opposite ends   cat  
Quote :
 inside the ground, technology could be used to harness the movement of the crowd. So-called 'piezoelectric rockers' would capture energy every time someone steps on one and this could be used to heat the seats
Huge double-sided LED screens inside the ground could keep fans updated while LED lighting woven into the pitch could be used to trace the movement of the players.
The ground could be fitted with 'turbo Wi-Fi' to allow supporters to order drinks and interact with others in the crowd on social networking websites.

Argyle are already planning a similar thing although the piezoelectric rockers will be replaced by bicycles with generators harnessed to them to power the floodlights, Carey will stick an LED torch up his arse so no one loses sight of our only decent player during a game and the Dial up broadband connection will be routed via JBSOTI (for IP harvesting) and Postey can take orders for free coffee re fills in the prawn sarnie lounge delivered by Nool.
What a load of wank it's all becoming, huge LED screens to keep people updated? Updated on what? The game they can't watch after being distracted by all the led screens and embedded lights? At least if we had TURBO WIFI fans could download a film that their totally inadequate home broadband doesn't allow them to do.
It's a game of football FFS! Sounds more like Tron to me. Sulk
Back to top Go down
MikeWN



Posts : 208
Join date : 2015-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:36 am

I would've thought turbo broadband would be very welcome at Home Park. Streaming Dark on Netflix has got to be more entertaining than anything that's happening on the pitch.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 2266
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:37 am

Tgwu wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Is that the same vivian pengelly that jumped into bed with toddy & gardner  with the new stadium & world cup bid ????


Yes. I have a feeling she will not take her place on the committee on Thursday.
cant see her/tory councillor suddenly developing a social conscious some how
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 2266
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:56 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
The level of sport will be explosive when Brent fails to find a single lame investor and who in their right mind lends to a serial failure. They dont and not even the shady lenders will touch this fella
excatly harve you've nailed it they wouldnt touch him with a barge pole being a ex banker his old chums know what his like ..a bit like them so they aint gunna trust him with there readies
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   

Back to top Go down
 
Mankover Planning application submitted
Back to top 
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: