Dingle
RegGreen
harvetheslayer
Les Miserable
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 26 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 10:45 am

The council have no spine or gives a shit about whats best for the public and there track record for planning apps is questionable at best (just look at how many student blocks the city centre has already and more being built despite most not being filled) so they will give this the green light with no conditions setting the timetable for the destruction of central park over the years to come when more land is bought and uilt on and the death of argyle while at the sametime brent towers make a killing for first time ever from a property deal.

i'll be boycotting whatever is built when its opened.

Last edited by Angry on Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 26 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 6:33 pm

I fully expect Akkron Man, to get permission for his Pants in the Park nightmare, and i also fully expect nothing will ever get built, jimmy, will again be unlucky or a victim of circumstance again! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 26 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 7:13 pm

The creepiest thing of all, football wise, without even discussing the long term park park issues in general, is how the squire will magically produce figures that no property uplift has been achieved for HHP, and hence diddly will be due to the club. His logic and books will be laughable.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 26 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 7:51 pm

And how he forgot to mention that Argyle would be behind Lombard and PCC before any profit would be distributed. How have we ended up with a minimankover and a mortgage instead of new free grandstand, not to mention the nightmare of an office block and 'restaurants' on the doorstep.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 26 EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 7:58 am

Report in today's erald on planning meeting for the Range HQ and store on Coypool.

Highways England concerned about Mandon junction and have recommended that it isn't improved until Forder Valley ink road is in place. Don't just pick on poor JB then.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 26 EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 9:22 am

Just out of interest. Has there been any indication of how all of this will be paid for ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 26 EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 9:57 am

Ultimately, we'll all be paying for it, but not all of us sharing in the profits. The continuing free QE money, which we'll all be paying dearly for at some stage, will be flying around as if there's no tomorrow, with those financiers favoured enough with the right credit background will make a mint as the dosh gets passed around from Peter to Paul, until at last it gets converted into tangible assets and  value added by other peoples' graft.

It's not just Manadon either. The previous junction at Marsh Mills that feeds to Forder Valley is a nightmare these days first thing. The only good thing happening is the farmer who used to supply my manure has moved on and his farm at the bottom of Forder/Novorrosik Road is being transformed into a new  eco learning centre and new municipal parkland stretching up to the "new town" running up the valley to the old Seaton Barracks. Sutton Harbour are looking on enviously as they continue to squat on the old airport looking for a killing on their lease.

Just to let you know what's happening in the old place Tringy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 26 EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 5:23 pm

Been trying to understand the new traffic assessment, but I think I get it now. As far as I can see, there's no mention whatsoever of the potential 800 guests at the conference and banqueting facilities. Presumably they'll all have personal jetpacks and won't bring cars with them or, alternatively, the traffic assessment (which was also done outside the university term, so missed all the students) isn't worth the paper it's printed on.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 26 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 7:25 am

beesrus wrote:
Ultimately, we'll all be paying for it, but not all of us sharing in the profits. The continuing free QE money, which we'll all be paying dearly for at some stage, will be flying around as if there's no tomorrow, with those financiers favoured enough with the right credit background will make a mint as the dosh gets passed around from Peter to Paul, until at last it gets converted into tangible assets and  value added by other peoples' graft.

It's not just Manadon either. The previous junction at Marsh Mills that feeds to Forder Valley is a nightmare these days first thing. The only good thing happening is the farmer who used to supply my manure has moved on and his farm at the bottom of Forder/Novorrosik Road is being transformed into a new  eco learning centre and new municipal parkland stretching up to the "new town" running up the valley to the old Seaton Barracks. Sutton Harbour are looking on enviously as they continue to squat on the old airport looking for a killing on their lease.

Just to let you know what's happening in the old place Tringy. Very Happy

Thank you kindly, my dear old thing.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 26 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 9:39 am

Peggy wrote:
Been trying to understand the new traffic assessment, but I think I get it now. As far as I can see, there's no mention whatsoever of the potential 800 guests at the conference and banqueting facilities. Presumably they'll all have personal jetpacks and won't bring cars with them or, alternatively, the traffic assessment (which was also done outside the university term, so missed all the students) isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

I went past the car Park Tuesday at 1.45pm and it was very busy.  Not a chance in hell the car park would have taken more than 20% than was there.  The Hotel Crapshack will be little better than Fawlty Towers with Brent as Basil and Starnes as Manuel
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 26 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 11:05 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Peggy wrote:

I went past the car Park Tuesday at 1.45pm and it was very busy.  Not a chance in hell the car park would have taken more than 20% than was there.  The Hotel Crapshack will be little better than Fawlty Towers with Brent as Basil and Starnes as Manuel

Who is Nool?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 26 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 11:41 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Peggy wrote:

Who is Nool?

Take your pick between Lord Melbury, Mrs Richards or Mr OReilly attempting to cobble a pile of bricks into a wall
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 26 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 12:35 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

Take your pick between Lord Melbury, Mrs Richards or Mr OReilly attempting to cobble a pile of bricks into a wall
Umm, excuse me Sir. If you remember I'm a well-spoken lovable imposter, not an aged overweight sociopath with an aversion for stickers. Laughing
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 26 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 4:37 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Umm, excuse me Sir. If you remember I'm a well-spoken lovable imposter, not an aged overweight sociopath with an aversion for stickers. Laughing

Right we'll substitute Sybil for Melbury..... Handbags
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 26 EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 10:22 am

I'm willing to bet good money that Exeter have their grandstand development finished before Brent even lays a brick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 26 EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 11:30 am

I wager that on the back of our win yesterday the reluctant one will be rabbiting like a monkey in a tree to his paper about plans for the shitfest. Riding the wave of success again.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 26 EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 11:31 am

Yea Man wrote:
I'm willing to bet good money that Exeter have their grandstand development finished before Brent even lays a brick.
Nothing will ever get built by Jimmy, deep down everyone knows that, the whole process is just a sham.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 26 EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 6:21 pm

Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 26 EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 6:41 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

Ha ha, Oh how I miss non-PC TV. So much more entertaining than today's dross.

That clip from before when Suzie Lamplugh went missing I assume Shocked
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 26 EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 1:45 pm

Feck me the baggo has been busy today, Jimmy must have got some interns in from the Uni.

ARGYLE’S new grandstand has been given the seal of approval by the club’s disabled supporters.

The club has been working alongside Plymouth Argyle Disabled Supporters Association during planning for the refurbishment of the Mayflower Grandstand; PADSA’s views have been represented to the fans’ Green Army Grandstand Working Group, and the association has responded to consultative requests for comments on the project.   

Also, earlier this month, Home Park hosted a meeting attended by representatives of PADSA, the club, and developers the Akkeron Group, at which a range of aspects of the planning process for the grandstand and the wider Higher Home Park redevelopment were discussed. 

Following that meeting, PADSA Chairman Steve Helley, who attended along with Vice-Chairman Roger Daw, said: “Roger and I agreed that this was a very productive meeting, showing a very good understanding of the problems facing the disabled supporter. 

“The group were very sympathetic to our requests and have incorporated nearly all of them within their plans. We continue to have good lines of communications and look forward to working closely with the club during the coming months.” 

Argyle Chairman James Brent, Pilgrims’ Club Secretary and Head of Inclusion Zac Newton, and Akkeron Project Director Tony Hopwood confirmed to PADSA that the grandstand will not only meet the relevant statutory obligations, including those required by the Equality Act, but also that enhancements are being incorporated that go above and beyond the already high national standard. 

These include: match-day parking at Home Park and a convenient drop-off point; increased numbers of disabled toilets; a higher than recommended number of seats for disabled supporters to provide a choice of viewing positions; reservation of seating near disabled supporters for family and friends; easy, multi-height access when using the ticket office; and wheelchair-friendly bars and furniture in hospitality areas.

The meeting concluded with Argyle and PADSA committing to continue to work together as the detailed design of the project develops. Zac and the club’s Disability Liaison Officer, Steph Barker, will be available to assist with enquiries about all aspects of the running of the club that relates to the needs and wishes of PADSA members, as well as all other supporters with specific requirements.

For minutes of the full Q&A session from the meeting, click here.

Club News
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 26 EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 1:52 pm

Let's hope that they have listened to the disabled fans and not just got their group leaders onside with a bit of schmoozing. The club always were pretty disinterested about access, if you are completely paraplegic disabled then that meets the criteria if not then you will get told to "just turn up a couple of hours early so you can park near the stand" as I was after having a bad accident. I ended up not going to Argyle for about a year because it was just too painful. Sitting in a plastic seat for another two hours on top of match time is unthinkable if you're in pain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 26 EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 9:18 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Feck me the baggo has been busy today, Jimmy must have got some interns in from the Uni.

ARGYLE’S new grandstand has been given the seal of approval by the club’s disabled supporters.y

The club has been working alongside Plymouth Argyle Disabled Supporters Association during planning for the refurbishment of the Mayflower Grandstand; PADSA’s views have been represented to the fans’ Green Army Grandstand Working Group, and the association has responded to consultative requests for comments on the project.   

Also, earlier this month, Home Park hosted a meeting attended by representatives of PADSA, the club, and developers the Akkeron Group, at which a range of aspects of the planning process for the grandstand and the wider Higher Home Park redevelopment were discussed. 

Following that meeting, PADSA Chairman Steve Helley, who attended along with Vice-Chairman Roger Daw, said: “Roger and I agreed that this was a very productive meeting, showing a very good understanding of the problems facing the disabled supporter. 

“The group were very sympathetic to our requests and have incorporated nearly all of them within their plans. We continue to have good lines of communications and look forward to working closely with the club during the coming months.” 

Argyle Chairman James Brent, Pilgrims’ Club Secretary and Head of Inclusion Zac Newton, and Akkeron Project Director Tony Hopwood confirmed to PADSA that the grandstand will not only meet the relevant statutory obligations, including those required by the Equality Act, but also that enhancements are being incorporated that go above and beyond the already high national standard. 

These include: match-day parking at Home Park and a convenient drop-off point; increased numbers of disabled toilets; a higher than recommended number of seats for disabled supporters to provide a choice of viewing positions; reservation of seating near disabled supporters for family and friends; easy, multi-height access when using the ticket office; and wheelchair-friendly bars and furniture in hospitality areas.

The meeting concluded with Argyle and PADSA committing to continue to work together as the detailed design of the project develops. Zac and the club’s Disability Liaison Officer, Steph Barker, will be available to assist with enquiries about all aspects of the running of the club that relates to the needs and wishes of PADSA members, as well as all other supporters with specific requirements.

For minutes of the full Q&A session from the meeting, click here.

Club News

For the millionth time

It’s not. A new. Grandstand
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 26 EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 11:26 pm

Ssshhhhhhh.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 26 EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 11:28 pm

Can't we just talk about the football? tumbleweed
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 26 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2017 11:20 am

PADSA like the plans.

Ian initially had this tagged onto another thread, but I thought it important enough to create a thread.

There was a very good and detailed Grandstand Committee meeting today, and once again, the needs of our disabled fans were discussed at great length.

Great to see the club taking into account so many different aspects of us Argyle fans.

Lots of good news to come.

So then Mr Nool any chance of sharing any of this exciting news with the wider fanbase or are you still being made to wear your JimmyGag?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mankover Planning application submitted
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next