harvetheslayer
Les Miserable
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 8:50 am

I'm afraid it's in the bag and was agreed before CF2 was unveiled to the hoi polloi, of course a few prearranged minor changes will be demanded as a face save for PCC and to give the impression that Sir James isn't being given free rein.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 10:11 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
This may be news to those idiots but PCC does not take below the line comments in the 'herald into account and the Highways Agency won't give a shite. They deal in cold hard facts.

If this is not delayed then you do have to come to the conclusion that this is a political decision already wrapped up.

Of course its in the bag always has been. PCC have all the courage and backbone of a field mouse and wont dare say no to an old friend even at the expense of a park, local residents and the club.

Th local rag is so far up brent's arse they conveniently fail to mention all the facts concerning this development which i feel most who read it will twig whats going on and be more vocal against it than support it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 10:20 am

Les Miserable wrote:
I'm afraid it's in the bag and was agreed before CF2 was unveiled to the hoi polloi, of course a few prearranged minor changes will be demanded as a face save for PCC and to give the impression that Sir James isn't being given free rein.

like last time when he wanted to cut down trees to allow a supply road access to his hotel he was told to plant more in their place lol
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 10:44 am

Highways are a big agency and take precedence in planning, all applications go before them before it reaches the planning committee. If Highways say no Planning doesn't bother looking any further and boots it out, they don't take no shit backed up by the home secretary as they are.
However I'd be very surprised if this stops the plan, there is talk of a months delay after traffic counting which couldn't be carried out until the chillies went back to school. Brent obviously should have done it before but it will happen now. Worst case scenario is the offices not getting go ahead until new Mannamead junction built in 2020, not that JB will have laid a brick by then.
Outside funding will feck this pln up same as the last.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 12:10 pm

Porky and his FOOTSOLDIERS getting stuck into Highways ATM big time, we don't know what traffic jams are according to the Porkmeister, isn't that a good thing you gimp?
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 12:38 pm

I've heard that some people in influential positions are VERY unhappy about all this, but they won't go public.

Best leave it to the plebs, eh? Let the ordinary fans and residents face the abuse, lies and threats, the worry that some bruiser will turn up on their doorstep or that somebody will try to get them sacked from their job. Wouldn't want to get your hands dirty, would you?

Cowards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 12:42 pm

Peggy wrote:
I've heard that some people in influential positions are VERY unhappy about all this, but they won't go public.

Best leave it to the plebs, eh? Let the ordinary fans and residents face the abuse, lies and threats, the worry that some bruiser will turn up on their doorstep or that somebody will try to get them sacked from their job. Wouldn't want to get your hands dirty, would you?

Cowards.

I have heard the very same.

Maybe they have heard about fans being threatened at games. Or complaints to employers. Or angry phone calls late at night. Maybe it's the mock websites they fear? Do they want to drink their beer rather than wear it? Who knows.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 12:49 pm

Peggy wrote:

Cowards.

......or that some bruiser acting as a thug will approach a total stranger of a pensioner within the ground to pass on serious threats but then be so incredibly stupid as to name his master as part of it. As stupidity goes it sure takes some beating
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 1:07 pm

How this for a comment in the Herald

MouthofthePlym
Methinks the self appointed anti James Brent group have been lobbying the Herald.

or

argyle
Probably find that whoever is behind this absurdity is an Exeter City fan.!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 2:02 pm

Not a mod wrote...

"Nothing to do with what I think of the development but what the Highways people are says is 'Employment brings with it traffic jams'.

I used to travel to most Cities in the UK and I must admit we don't know what traffic is in Plymouth.

People of Plymouth have to decide what we want (City wife that is) a nice sleepy village or a vibrant economy.

It comes down to that really doesn't it?"

Doesn't the fella ever proof read before hitting send?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 2:09 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Not a mod wrote...

"Nothing to do with what I think of the development but what the Highways people are says is 'Employment brings with it traffic jams'.

I used to travel to most Cities in the UK and I must admit we don't know what traffic is in Plymouth.

People of Plymouth have to decide what we want (City wife that is) a nice sleepy village or a vibrant economy.

FFS Les he was sending that via his IPHONE whilst driving in his BMW! It's not easy you know.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 2:20 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 2:53 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Not a mod wrote...

i rather see a vibrant city centre myself where the economy maybe boosted by development more so then a cheap hotel with views of dogging sites and a nandos next to a burger king.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 3:03 pm

Plymouth Argyle fans have reacted with anger to the news that Highways England have called for a delay to the redevelopment of the Mayflower Stand.

Last month, the Pilgrims submitted full planning permission for the refurbishment of the stand, an extension of the stadium and a new 1,100-seat ice arena. The plan also incorporated a 107-bed hotel as well as restaurants, a gym, a veterinary surgery and offices.

The expansion of Home Park would see the capacity increase from 16,388 to an estimated 18,300 and, if the Pilgrims were granted permission for stage two of the redevelopment, which includes filling in the corners of the stadium, it would increase again to an estimated 20,000.

However, the plans have hit a stumbling block with Highways England calling for a delay to any planning permission in order to give the applicants more time to carry out further assessment work.

Highways England claim that queues on the slip road from the A38 at the Manadon roundabout are already a concern and state in their report that: “The inclusion of this development will extend this existing queue onto the mainline which is considered an unacceptable safety risk,”

But the Green Army have turned on Highways England and pointed to the current poor state of Plymouth’s roads, claiming it would have little bearing on the redevelopment plans.

The Green Army have also pointed to the ongoing and continued congestion during rush hours that already exists on Outland Road and the A38 Manadon junction as well as the heavy traffic on Tavistock Road.

Posting on the Herald’s comments section to our original story , Derriford said: “So what about all the housing developments to the north of the city in the last 10 years. I take it they had no impact on Manadon/A386. Garbage.”

Leroc added: “It is all about an inadequate slip road at the A38 Manadon junction which is a rush hour problem only. The proposed development at Home Park should not be blamed for the inadequacies of Highways England.”

WDGreen said: “Pathetic! I think the Highways England have just shot themselves in the foot and put up a good argument why the A38 should get full motorway status, with the associated road junctions, on this main road, reconsidered for massive improvements. This really stinks of some jumped up clown, in a position of power, flexing some muscle out of ignorance; why wasn’t this raised long before, during more extensive planning applications?”

Milehouse added: “So Highways England allow the total mess that is Crownhill to Derriford and now say that Argo’s build will mess up an already screwed up roundabout?! Meanwhile, Western Power can apparently just cause havoc on Exeter Street. Utter joke”

Although attendances of over 20,000 have not been seen at Home Park for some time, such crowds have been seen at Home Park before with Argyle’s record crowd of 43,596 turning out to see them play an FA Cup match with Aston Villa in 1936.

As recently as March 2007, over 20,000 crammed inside the stadium to witness an FA Cup quarter-final with Watford and while large crowds inevitably cause traffic congestion on the roads nearby, it is commonplace at grounds up and down the country on a matchday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 4:03 pm

Why weren't these people angry when they saw that the grandstand refurb planning application had a load of completely unrelated shite bolted on to it?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Not a mod wrote...

FFS Les he was sending that via his IPHONE whilst driving in his BMW! It's not easy you know.

a BMW and a MAC I'll have you know, probably thinks Ferrero roche are classy....
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 4:38 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Why weren't these people angry when they saw that the grandstand refurb planning application had a load of completely unrelated shite bolted on to it?
Cos there james brent fans (arselickers) not real pafc fans cos if they were they wouldnt be supporting that lump of shit thats for sure
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 4:44 pm

Anyway hasn't all this come about because Brent tried to use the old traffic management plan for the Ministand with a smaller capacity which now doesn't relate to the current development, jeez the guy is like a Teflon turd.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 5:00 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Anyway hasn't all this come about because Brent tried to use the old traffic management plan for the Ministand with a smaller capacity which now doesn't relate to the current development, jeez the guy is like a Teflon turd.
Typical brent doing everythink on the cheap
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 5:02 pm

It is time that we realised there are a lot of people who are Brent fans first and foremost and couldn't give a shit about Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 5:10 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
It is time that we realised there are a lot of people who are Brent fans first and foremost and couldn't give a shit about Argyle.

He did save us don't you know...
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 5:11 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Aint that the truth..well said frank  Thumbs
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 5:15 pm

It's why Plymouth is what it is, the forelock tugging servile mind-set of the uneducated masses, glad to know their place because of the certainty and peace of mind that not having to think for themselves brings.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 5:29 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Typical brent doing everythink on the cheap

cheap you mean he's found a way to reach the money at the bottom of those deep pockets ?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 5:44 pm

Permission for this down market son of Ministand, dog of a scheme may well be granted, but i'm confident that the specalist non developer wont raise the money, he never has for any other of his non developments........... Trust in Jimmy not to deliver.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mankover Planning application submitted   Mankover Planning application submitted - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mankover Planning application submitted
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next