Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Travellers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
beesrus



Posts : 1135
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Travellers    Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:38 pm

Same thing still applies down at dear ol' Capn' Jaspers. 70p for a mug of tea, 10p returnable deposit on the mug. Perfect, everyone wins, if you can't be bothered, another 10p for those serving, or charidee I seem to remember.
Bring back deposits on bottles and soft drink bottles. It was a great way for kids to "earn" a bit of pocket money, and you just didn't have the same inner city glass problem as today. When I lived in Romania, you couldn't buy a bottle of beer unless you handed in an empty bottle. It makes eminent sense, and everyone gains.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2015-11-02
Location : The happy Isles where nobody grows old

PostSubject: Re: Travellers    Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:20 pm

beesrus wrote:
Too much bigoted hearsay and false media news out there. And anybody who thinks travellers don't get arrested is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Today's Bristol Post:

Several football pitches used by hundreds of children have been left wrecked after travellers left the grounds "in a mess".

Hundreds of residents held a protest at the "Baytree Recreational Grounds" on Sunday evening in a bid to evict travellers who had moved onto the site.

Police officers formed barricades between both sides, with children also at the protest.

The travellers had left Clarence Park on Wednesday evening after being told to do so by North Somerset Council, but moved into the nearby Baytree Rec.

It drew the ire of the residents , and things came to a head on Sunday.

The confrontation died down about 10pm after the travellers agreed to leave. They were escorted out of Weston-Super-Mare area by police officers on Sunday night.

But the council and community have been left to pick up the pieces - literally.

The Baytree Rec is used by Western Crusaders and Milton Nomads junior football club, which have about 400 children in their ranks.

Andrew Blackmore, vice-chairman of the Western Crusaders , told the Bristol Post more than £3000 worth of damage had been done to the fields.

The pitches had been ripped up because travellers were doing handbrake turns on them, he said, and a wrecked caravan had been left behind on the site.

A bonfire had also left a huge scorch mark about six-feet in diameter.

This is a community that has been affected - this is just not a field that has been damaged. This affects the lives of hundreds of children that we are giving the opportunity to play football and train on a weekly basis. That's been taken away and it's disgusting.

The teams are now looking for people who have experience or expertise with pitch repairs to lend a helping hand.

Oh, and no arrests were made.



Back to top Go down
beesrus



Posts : 1135
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Travellers    Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:29 am

Perhaps I'll cut and paste reports of mass violence and destruction between Arsenal and Tottenham, Sunderland and Newcastle, Middlesborough Sheffield, Scotland england. And the season has hardly started. Fans beaten, young children terrorised and injured.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7527
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Travellers    Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:04 am

beesrus wrote:
Perhaps I'll cut and paste reports of mass violence and destruction between Arsenal and Tottenham, Sunderland and Newcastle, Middlesborough Sheffield, Scotland england. And the season has hardly started. Fans beaten, young children terrorised and injured.

And if there was a hooliganism thread, it'd be wholely relevant.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 4839
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Travellers    Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:16 am

And arrests would DEFINITELY be made.
Back to top Go down
beesrus



Posts : 1135
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Travellers    Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:05 am

A few arrests were made Les, but little will come of it as always. Hundreds more will be doing the very same thing again this bank holiday weekend, and it's on the rise in tandem with other things. This is meandering ATD and my point is antisocial behaviour is everywhere, and the worst by far are football fans. Picking on the same old ethnic groups gets nowhere and creates dangerous public moods that we've all seen in the past. We all know what's at stake in the next few years and the disasters that could unfold. The Philippines and the madman Duterte are showing just what nasty final solutions to anti-social behaviour are out there in the wild, and it still won't change a thing. Trump is just on the start of encouraging vigilante actions. It'll all end very badly if we're not careful.

And after everything, there will still be travelling communities all over the world whether us resident people like it or not. The warm weather sets off the usual migrations for a few months, and in that sense it's no different than the millions of holiday makers that cause chaos in certain parts of the South West for 2 months, or out on Ibiza and the like. We all crawl out of our holes, travellers or residents. Summer travelling is as old as civilisation and not about to disappear, and the shortage of common land and modern free stopping areas on the edge of populations has always been at the root of the problem, along with certain local refuse policies that aren't fit for purpose.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7527
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Travellers    Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:57 pm

Back to top Go down
beesrus



Posts : 1135
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Travellers    Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:28 pm

They certainly don't sound like the sort of people I want around my way, although there's been a fair old few over the years. A friend of mine went to prison for quite a while  because he retaliated big time and attacked a group of guys who had urinated on his head from an upstairs window in Greenbank.

In the interests of balance......

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/extremely-violent-british-tourist-found-9057247

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7527
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Travellers    Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:08 pm

Balance? scratch

What has some loon getting off his head taking an experimental drug in Ibiza got to do with Gypsy's pissing in people's gardens in Plymouth?
Back to top Go down
beesrus



Posts : 1135
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Travellers    Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:47 pm

You're talking the culture of a demograhic group of people, and so I will too. The pissed up/drugged up/urinate anywhere behaviour across many Greek islands in the Summer and certainly in English towns and  inner cities ain't just one loon. It's an epidemic and been a cultural norm for decades as you well know. Just keeping the record straight.
The ethnic group I and you belong to is every bit as bad as those you seek to denegrate.
What actually happens when travellers unfortunately rock up is people who normally live in quiet suburbs/estates suddenly are treated to the nightly stuff that goes on in inner city wards all year round, year in year out. Funny how they never complain about that. In fact, it's they that pootle into town, make the lives of say the Barbican or Mutley residents an absolute misery at weekend nights, and then innocently taxi back to their own quiet neighbourhood. And not a traveller in sight. Get real Czarky.
If I'm not mistaken you might live reasonably close to me, and recently one of the shops complained at how drastically things had deteriorated over the last couple of years with virtually no policing of the problems at all. The Herald gave the concerns about one column inch as they really aren't interested.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7527
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Travellers    Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:21 pm

I think you're mischievously broadening the discussion to dilute the initial debate quite massively, Beez. If you try hard enough, you can find a tenuous link with almost anything.

Whether society as a whole bears some of the negative traits that the Gypsy's mentioned in this thread have, well of course it will. That isn't in question.

As for insinuating that your average football fanbase would have proportionately more lowlife scum than an equivalent Gypsy community....that's one of the silliest things I've read in a while. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10112
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Travellers    Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:24 pm

send a taxman to their camps they great unwashed will move on faster then.
Back to top Go down
beesrus



Posts : 1135
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Travellers    Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:54 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I think you're mischievously broadening the discussion to dilute the initial debate quite massively, Beez. If you try hard enough, you can find a tenuous link with almost anything.


Woahh there cowboy raised eyebrow . With respect, you're the one who "mischievously broadened" the subject of this thread of people moving onto Loves Field .I wanted to discuss Loves Field. Look back and see how you just rushed in with tales of a whole ethnic group being a load of thieves and vagabonds elsewhere and in general. It's the sort of thing BNP Tisdale used to skew on here before he was banned. I won't let that sort of nonsense go unanswered anywhere. I thought your input did you no credit, which was a bit sad.
I was trying to put the bad news into context by saying this isn't the first selfish group of ne'erdowells in the last couple of years trying to move their vehicles onto Loves Field in a much loved municipal park. Look back and check.

Again, to get back to Loves Field, the greentaverners tried to "prise open the gates" legally with a planning application disguised in the colours of a much loved football club and long term tenant in the park. I see their attempts as just as bad as what has happened in the last few days, in fact far worse, as their attempted break in would have had long term, possibly permanent implications. Legality is such a thin manipulated veneer in these matters. At least this bunch will be moved pretty quickly. Pity we can't say the same for Brent and his boys if he gets a toe in anywhere else in the park. And he won't be arrested for trying either and in fact will be cheered on by a portion of the fanbase, although thankfully they are a very very small percentage of the city residents.
Care to talk about why Loves Field is such a prize with the ongoing "discussions surrounding the council depot, Stapleton's land etc ? Did you in fact contribute to the Loves Field debate on here back along when the taverners were trying to bust down the gates and make inroads ? Or did it not interest you then ? Stealing a park takes years and years, and every little inroad is another picked lock.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

avatar

Posts : 4607
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

PostSubject: Re: Travellers    Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:44 pm

There is much difference between "prising open the gate legally" and breaking the locks and doing whatever you want to do anyway.

The fact you seem to think the GT's doing things legally is far worse, just shows how twisted your thought process is.

These so called "Travellers" are not a persecuted ethnic group. They are nothing more than unsocial thieving scum.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2015-11-02
Location : The happy Isles where nobody grows old

PostSubject: Re: Travellers    Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:33 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
In the last 20 minutes I have just driven past the BMW plant on Bridge End road in Swindon and one of the car parks has about eight travellers caravans park in it. I phoned the plant security and they told me that they are aware of their presence after they had gained entrance by breaking a padlock.

I welcome all (please do Mr beesrus) to check the validity of this post by ringing 01793 551000


I hasten to add that the telephone number is plant security at gate 1.

It even made the local paper.


http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/1667555.0/?act=login
Back to top Go down
tigertony

avatar

Posts : 1947
Join date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Travellers    Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:39 pm

Bring back vigilante's!! Send the boys round.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1314
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: Travellers    Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:12 am

tigertony wrote:
Bring back vigilante's!! Send the boys round.

TWAT
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7527
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Travellers    Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:54 pm

beesrus wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
I think you're mischievously broadening the discussion to dilute the initial debate quite massively, Beez. If you try hard enough, you can find a tenuous link with almost anything.


Woahh there cowboy raised eyebrow . With respect, you're the one who "mischievously broadened" the subject of this thread of people moving onto Loves Field .I wanted to discuss Loves Field. Look back and see how you just rushed in with tales of a whole ethnic group being a load of thieves and vagabonds elsewhere and in general. It's the sort of thing BNP Tisdale used to skew on here before he was banned. I won't let that sort of nonsense go unanswered anywhere. I thought your input did you no credit, which was a bit sad.
I was trying to put the bad news into context by saying this isn't the first selfish group of ne'erdowells in the last couple of years trying to move their vehicles onto Loves Field in a much loved municipal park. Look back and check.

Again, to get back to Loves Field, the greentaverners tried to "prise open the gates" legally with a planning application disguised in the colours of a much loved football club and long term tenant in the park. I see their attempts as just as bad as what has happened in the last few days, in fact far worse, as their attempted break in would have had long term, possibly permanent implications. Legality is such a thin manipulated veneer in these matters. At least this bunch will be moved pretty quickly. Pity we can't say the same for Brent and his boys if he gets a toe in anywhere else in the park. And he won't be arrested for trying either and in fact will be cheered on by a portion of the fanbase, although thankfully they are a very very small percentage of the city residents.
Care to talk about why Loves Field is such a prize with the ongoing "discussions surrounding the council depot, Stapleton's land etc ? Did you in fact contribute to the Loves Field debate on here back along when the taverners were trying to bust down the gates and make inroads ? Or did it not interest you then ?  Stealing a park takes years and years, and every little inroad is another picked lock.

Geez Beez, if you honestly think me relaying a tale of woe relating directly to a bunch of lowlife travellers.....on a thread titled 'Travellers', is broadening the debate, I think youre getting a bit kerfuddled with things!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 1878
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Travellers    Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:37 pm

Rickler wrote:
There is much difference between "prising open the gate legally" and breaking the locks and doing whatever you want to do anyway.

The fact you seem to think the GT's doing things legally is far worse, just shows how twisted your thought process is.

These so called "Travellers" are not a persecuted ethnic group.  They are nothing more than unsocial thieving scum.
Locks..whats that saying what key opens every lock ??
A pikey... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tigertony

avatar

Posts : 1947
Join date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Travellers    Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:58 am

PatDunne wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Bring back vigilante's!! Send the boys round.

TWAT

Even better - nuke 'em!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

avatar

Posts : 9171
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 68
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Travellers    Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:47 pm

Gone from Central Park today

In Central Park this Sunday evening police were looking for a person in a orage jacket

On Saturday Plymouth Argyle have confirmed an investigation is under way following reports that a woman attempted to snatch a little girl at Home Park
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

avatar

Posts : 9171
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 68
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Travellers    Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:18 am

Back again, more this time, look set from a few weeks holidays.
Back to top Go down
beesrus



Posts : 1135
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Travellers    Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:35 pm

Obviously taking their lead from that other park newcomer, Brent. If at first you don't succeed, try again, either with a new plan, or just more of you. Actually, thinking about it, a bit like those  American travellers still in Iraq. Military innvaders, the worst sort of global travellers, nearly all men, and not bothered about the local laws and customs.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2015-11-02
Location : The happy Isles where nobody grows old

PostSubject: Re: Travellers    Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:11 pm

beesrus wrote:
Military innvaders, the worst sort of global travellers, nearly all men, and not bothered about the local laws and customs.

And yet while serving with the British army at RAF Muharraq in Bahrain, we were well schooled as what to do and not what to do regarding local laws and customs. For example, when out and about during Ramadan the smokers among us desisted from smoking until the local police fired a blank cartridge from 25 pounder field gun at 1800hrs.

Hearts and minds pretty well went out of the window during the Vietnam war, however, during the Indonesian confrontation it ranked extremely high with British troops when coming in contact with the likes of the Dayaks and Iban people of Borneo.
Back to top Go down
beesrus



Posts : 1135
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Travellers    Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:23 pm

You're missing the whole point Hugh. Just what on earth were you all doing over there in the first place. Just rocking up a hundred years ago, two hundred years ago, whatever ? No visa, nothing, just breeze right in. Bleddy travellers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Travellers    

Back to top Go down
 
Travellers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» It is alleged travellers used a digger to flatten around 50-yards of Offa's Dyke

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: