pepsipete
Chemical Ali
Greenskin
Czarcasm
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Under-rated foodstuff Empty
PostSubject: Under-rated foodstuff   Under-rated foodstuff EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:14 pm

I have just eaten a packet of chicken flavour crisps and thoroughly enjoyed them. Peanut butter on toast is also delicious.

I recently rediscovered Bovril - now that is a very under-rated beverage.

Meanwhile Marmite is still revolting, yet I quite like Twiglets.

I shall be toying with the idea of cocoa in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Under-rated foodstuff   Under-rated foodstuff EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:38 pm

Cerbera wrote:

Meanwhile Marmite is still revolting, yet I quite like Twiglets.

Are you mental or something?

Marmite is the Food of the Gods! Twiglets? Yuk.

Walkers Roast Chicken crisps are smashing, along with Smokey Bacon.

In my view you have to go a long way to beat Mr Porky ( no pun intended) pork scratchings.

Or a Giant Ivor Dewdney smothered in brown sauce (HP)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Under-rated foodstuff   Under-rated foodstuff EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:56 pm

They were Walkers actually.

Nope, Marmite is foul. Oddly I used to like it as a child.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Under-rated foodstuff   Under-rated foodstuff EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:59 pm

Try veggiemite Cerbs, rather less salty and odious.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Under-rated foodstuff   Under-rated foodstuff EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:02 pm

I used to love Bovril flavour crisps by Smiths.Don't think they do them anymore though,mores the pity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Under-rated foodstuff   Under-rated foodstuff EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:21 pm

The best pork scratchings would be got from the pubs or butchers in the Black Country. Clearly "home made" - no labels just a small bag with a twist to seal it. Still with the bristles on sometimes! Not sure my teeth could manage them nowadays.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Under-rated foodstuff   Under-rated foodstuff EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:29 pm

The four year old (but only just) brought a packet of chicken crisps to mine on Friday. Shortly after she'd eaten most of them (the rest were, of course, on the floor) she asked for a cuddle. Naturally, I complied.

Her breath was absolutely rank.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Under-rated foodstuff   Under-rated foodstuff EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:58 pm

I always liked the Scampi fries (although they and then you smell of urine).

I used tolike the home made pork scratchings from Dewhursts (Peverell Corner).

and yes I am a fat bastard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Under-rated foodstuff   Under-rated foodstuff EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:09 pm

Scampi Fries, hmmmm. They remind me of something else actually. Not a million miles away from your analogy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Under-rated foodstuff   Under-rated foodstuff EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:44 pm

I love all forms of pork scratchings/pork crunch, and have the teeth to prove it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Under-rated foodstuff   Under-rated foodstuff EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:56 pm

Thought you might have mentioned deep fried Mars or square sausage Jock.

Both revolting by the way! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Under-rated foodstuff   Under-rated foodstuff EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:01 pm

Never tried deep fried mars bars, not really a sweet tooth, but square sausage now you're talking quality grub.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Under-rated foodstuff   Under-rated foodstuff EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 12:17 pm

Laver fried in bacon fat on a nice bit of proper white bread with a bit of vinegar on.mmmmm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Under-rated foodstuff   Under-rated foodstuff EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 12:36 pm

Iggy wrote:
Laver fried in bacon fat on a nice bit of proper white bread with a bit of vinegar on.mmmmm.

That's Welsh!

None of that dirty talk in here please!
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Under-rated foodstuff   Under-rated foodstuff EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 1:23 pm

Eggs are very under rated, they are very versatile and can make many things both savoury or sweet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Under-rated foodstuff   Under-rated foodstuff EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:16 pm

Does anyone like meat?

http://www.meatvideo.com/
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Under-rated foodstuff   Under-rated foodstuff EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 1:10 am

I really like fish.

I didn't before, but then I changed my tuna.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Under-rated foodstuff   Under-rated foodstuff EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:32 am

monti wrote:
Does anyone like meat?

There does appear to be a strong aversion to pork around here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Under-rated foodstuff   Under-rated foodstuff EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:46 am

monti wrote:
Does anyone like meat?

I used to work in a slaughter house. That video is very very outdated and is American anyway.

I love meat and am not in the least squeamish about how it ends up on my plate. I particularly like my steak so that a good vet might get a heartbeat. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Under-rated foodstuff   Under-rated foodstuff EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:04 am

Cerbera wrote:
..and is American anyway.

Meaning what exactly?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Under-rated foodstuff   Under-rated foodstuff EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:09 am

Meaning it was filmed in America for Americans. Nothing like that has happened over here like that for many decades.

It is designed for stupid people who can't make up their own minds. Shock and awe

You of all people should understand the colonials.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Under-rated foodstuff   Under-rated foodstuff EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:40 am

Their methods may not be very nice but they definitely know how to fill your plate, I had the best steak ever over there. Are their cows bigger or something? clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Under-rated foodstuff   Under-rated foodstuff EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:07 am

Cerbera wrote:
Iggy wrote:

That's Welsh!

None of that dirty talk in here please!

Bollocks it is, Laver Bread is welsh, the sort you get in Narff Debbum (where I grew up) is called plain Laver, its exactly the same and can also be bought in Brittany as it seems it is a Celtic dish.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Under-rated foodstuff   Under-rated foodstuff EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:49 am

Iggy wrote:

Bollocks it is, Laver Bread is welsh, the sort you get in Narff Debbum (where I grew up) is called plain Laver, its exactly the same and can also be bought in Brittany as it seems it is a Celtic dish.

So did I, South Molton
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Under-rated foodstuff   Under-rated foodstuff EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 12:39 pm

Going to McDonalds and dipping your chips into a Strawberry milkshake is surprisingly tasty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Under-rated foodstuff   Under-rated foodstuff Empty

Back to top Go down

Under-rated foodstuff
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: