PatDunne
Punchdrunk
Tgwu
Keyholder
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Response to James Brent - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Response to James Brent   Response to James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 4:36 pm

Graiser wrote:

ATD reps lead the meeting with:

"Well Brenty boy you F and C, your a shyster, your ripping the fans off, your a profiteering W----r and it's about you shipped out you C"

Whilst it may give satisfaction to some of those amongst us, I don't think we would get very far,  would you ?

Well, a similar scenario, less the language, certainly worked with McCauley. When he finally realised the fans didn't want him, he couldn't get out quick enough, and that was a very constructive outcome. People are politely Razz asked to sling their hook in all manner of human relationships.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Response to James Brent   Response to James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 4:42 pm

whom are these atd 'reps'? can i be one?
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Response to James Brent   Response to James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 4:50 pm

If abuse on here is part and parcel of online forums (so sad if that is the norm) why do people get hysterical when James Brent gives an opinion that gets you jumping up and down with indignation.....I remember somewhere an old saying about a pot and a kettle...now how did it go....I'm sure you can tell me beesrus....you seem to know the answer to most of life's problems.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Response to James Brent   Response to James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 5:01 pm

We've seen a 'free' ten million pound grandstand turn into a five million pound debt for a makeover, six planned competing restaurants and a cafe (cos Brent says competition is healthy) but hey, lets be nice to James....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Response to James Brent   Response to James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 6:06 pm

zyph wrote:
If abuse on here is part and parcel of online forums (so sad if that is the norm) why do people get hysterical when James Brent gives an opinion that gets you jumping up and down with indignation.....I remember somewhere an old saying about a pot and a kettle...now how did it go....I'm sure you can tell me beesrus....you seem to know the answer to most of life's problems.

As a human being, I've got the answer to many problems, yes. Not all, but many.  A fair old number crack it in the end. It's not rocket science, and nor is property development...... for those that know what they're doing. Zyph, you sound like one of the congregation awe struck at the smoke and theatre when entering the church.

No one is jumping up and down, just amazed how much Brent has lost the plot.
And Pat, that's a good precis. The city of Plymouth hooked a lemon a long time ago, before the football club admin, and hasn't it shown in so many projects across Devon since. It now knows, but doesn't know how to empty the net. It's a fudge and a half across the city. Can't wait to see phase 1 looking "comparable to the life centre". Dear oh dear oh dear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Response to James Brent   Response to James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 6:30 pm

PatDunne wrote:
We've seen a 'free' ten million pound grandstand turn into a five million pound debt for a makeover, six planned competing restaurants and a cafe (cos Brent says competition is healthy) but hey, lets be nice to James....

You forgot the hotel, drove by CP today and frankly the current view of the proposed hotel location needs a bit of TLC, particularly to block out the view of the Life Centre, which from that angle is an eyesore, if it's an hotel I can't see the problem and if it goes belly up in the future as most on here seem to think it will, then that's Brent's problem not PAFC's, in fact I'm sure there'll be plenty on here doing cartwheels of joy if it does, so wouldn't that be a win win for us all ?
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Response to James Brent   Response to James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 6:38 pm

Graiser wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

You forgot the hotel, drove by CP today and frankly the current view of the proposed hotel location needs a bit of TLC, particularly to block out the view of the Life Centre, which from that angle is an eyesore, if it's an hotel I can't see the problem and if it goes belly up in the future as most on here seem to think it will, then that's Brent's problem not PAFC's, in fact I'm sure there'll be plenty on here doing cartwheels of joy if it does, so wouldn't  that be a win win for us all ?

It won't go belly up. It will have a change of use planning application and have student accommodation.

Just what Central Park needs
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Response to James Brent   Response to James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 6:51 pm

beesrus wrote:
zyph wrote:

As a human being, I've got the answer to many problems, yes. Not all, but many.  A fair old number crack it in the end. It's not rocket science, and nor is property development...... for those that know what they're doing. Zyph, you sound like one of the congregation awe struck at the smoke and theatre when entering the church.

No one is jumping up and down, just amazed how much Brent has lost the plot.
And Pat, that's a good precis. The city of Plymouth hooked a lemon a long time ago, before the football club admin, and hasn't it shown in so many projects across Devon since. It now knows, but doesn't know how to empty the net. It's a fudge and a half across the city. Can't wait to see phase 1 looking "comparable to the life centre". Dear oh dear oh dear.

Looks like Zyphs on one, very entertaining laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Response to James Brent   Response to James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 7:16 pm

green_genie wrote:
Graiser wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

You forgot the hotel, drove by CP today and frankly the current view of the proposed hotel location needs a bit of TLC, particularly to block out the view of the Life Centre, which from that angle is an eyesore, if it's an hotel I can't see the problem and if it goes belly up in the future as most on here seem to think it will, then that's Brent's problem not PAFC's, in fact I'm sure there'll be plenty on here doing cartwheels of joy if it does, so wouldn't  that be a win win for us all ?

It won't go belly up. It will have a change of use planning application and have student accommodation.

Exactly GG. But try telling that to the Outland road users like Graiser rushing past in their bubble. Hey Graiser, ever thought what it will look like from the park angle ? More often than not, these sort of park vicinity developments divide opinion on classic emotional lines. Thugs and lovers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Response to James Brent   Response to James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 8:19 pm

beesrus wrote:
green_genie wrote:
Graiser wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

Exactly GG. But try telling that to the Outland road users like Graiser rushing past in their bubble. Hey Graiser, ever thought what it will look like from the park angle ? More often than not, these sort of park vicinity developments divide opinion on classic emotional lines. Thugs and lovers.

The life centre will hardly win any awards for design, it's a monstrosity of a building from all elevations and yet we get worked up over some crappy underdeveloped land that my have a hotel, student accommodation or whatever built on it, maybe if Dawson was providing the funding there wouldn't be all this spit and venom.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Response to James Brent   Response to James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 8:31 pm

So, the answer to an appalling building is to add even more appalling buildings, and to hell with the usage ?. Sim city not your thing then ? raised eyebrow
Oh, and Brent is probably the arch angel gabriel compared to Dawson. I don't shop in his places ever since I heard him give of his opinions on life, the universe and everything. Thought I had travelled back to the middle ages, visiting a feudal baron.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Response to James Brent   Response to James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 9:16 pm

beesrus wrote:
So, the answer to an appalling building is to add even more appalling buildings, and to hell with the usage ?. Sim city not your thing then ? raised eyebrow
Oh, and Brent is probably the arch angel gabriel compared to Dawson. I don't shop in his places ever since I heard him give of his opinions on life, the universe and everything. Thought I had travelled back to the middle ages, visiting a feudal baron.

Successful business men not your thing then, never met a successful one yet who couldn't be a ruthless git when required.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Response to James Brent   Response to James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Doesn't get more ruthless than to turn a free ten million pound stand into a five million pound debt AND convince the fans that you're simply a smashing bloke.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Response to James Brent   Response to James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 10:01 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Doesn't get more ruthless than to turn a free ten million pound stand into a five million pound debt AND convince the fans that you're simply a smashing bloke.

Thumbs
Quite easy really with a load of thick Janners still believing they are lucky to have a football club at all. Banana
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Response to James Brent   Response to James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 10:04 pm

beesrus wrote:

Dawson's shithole shops make Trago Mills look like a class act. laugh
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Response to James Brent   Response to James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 10:31 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Dirty Cornish Bastard
As eloquent as always.Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Response to James Brent   Response to James Brent - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 6:37 am

Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Successful business men not your thing then, never met a successful one yet who couldn't be a ruthless git when required.

I had no problems with Robert Daniel whatsoever. You're barking up the wrong tree again. It's just some people don't know how to behave, rich or poor.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Response to James Brent   Response to James Brent - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 7:14 am

Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Successful businesman....?? Dawson yes Brent a resounding no......have never ever seen in 31 years of working within finance a more appalling catalogue of bankruptcy and liquidated companies. When I did a casual search I got to 47 of which he was solely in charge or a director and lost the will to carry on so there will be clearly many more.
The guy is an absolute trainwreck of the highest order. (you'll need to dossier that entry De Liar)

Nobody surely believes that a single brick will now be laid certainly re HHP2. Got my doubts that even phase 1 will go ahead. If it had been a stand alone project before the devious shyster lumped in his latest abortion it might just have had a chance....got my doubts now
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Response to James Brent   Response to James Brent - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 8:42 am

Yeah, but 'eeeeeeee saved us'.
laugh
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Response to James Brent   Response to James Brent - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 9:19 am

akagreengull wrote:
Yeah, but 'eeeeeeee saved us'.
laugh

Jimbos latest business idea.......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Response to James Brent   Response to James Brent - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 10:15 am

Ah ha got it, there will be a massage palour included in the ice rink scheme, very novel sounds like it could capture a niche market.
The Thai massage  sounds interesting.
geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Response to James Brent   Response to James Brent - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 6:49 pm

PatDunne wrote:

In regard to the original HP development I wouldn't call Brent ruthless more like "got it spectacularly wrong"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Response to James Brent   Response to James Brent - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 6:54 pm

akagreengull wrote:
beesrus wrote:

That may well be, but he's a very successful person whose made an absolute mint from selling tat, so somebody likes his shops.
Pity he's not a footie fan.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Response to James Brent   Response to James Brent - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 7:17 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
zyph wrote:
tigertony wrote:
I'm not taking sides here but it is a little ironic that many posters on here give JB, SH, players and other club staff a constant stream of abuse but when JB gives some back there is ''hell up'' Tracer works both ways!  raised eyebrow    I'm almost out of popcorn.

Steady on TT....your not allowed to say that.....there is a difference between the righteous type of continuous abuse that spills out of the mouths of some on here and the response that James Brent gave in defence.....don't you realize that he has to take it forever... without once having the right to have a pop back.....you'll learn the rules one day.....remember this is not the real world.....just the world that Alice in Wonderland would have felt very much at home in.

TT....I think you should withdraw your "ironic" comment and apologize to this website....they'll start to abuse you as well without a second thought otherwise.

We've already started legal proceedings, we're suing for 100k but realistically expect to win a packet of pork scratchings.

We have not heard from Rick, We do not know how he has taken it, has he jumped off the Grand Canyon?

Not quite. Just got back from a cross country train trip to Chicago. It's a big, big place America, that's the first thing to say... How have I taken Brent's ramblings? With a pinch of salt.. I haven't viewed the video yet, I'll get to it in the next few days. I gather however that Brent avoided the questions I posed, otherwise people would be discussing his answers, as opposed to his 'vile and poisenous' behaviour towards me. That speaks volumes!!!

Brent's problem is that he listens to Newell too much. I mean... Only a "thick idiot" would believe, much less say, that I was the owner of this forum. What do they think 'democratic' means?

Brent makes a mockery of the word 'Transparency' and his claim that he and the board like to be held "accountable" is nothing more than a hypocritical platitude.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Response to James Brent   Response to James Brent - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 7:30 pm

Graiser wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
beesrus wrote:

That may well be, but he's a very successful person whose made an absolute mint from selling tat, so somebody likes his shops.
Pity he's not a footie fan.
Pity he's not a footie fan..but he is a fan of greed if i remember rightly he flew into home park car park in his moody little helecopter not like the one normal billionaires  use to give Argyle the once over just in case he mist a trick there simply was enough bunce in it for him football fan or not..iam with bees on this one i heard him give his thoughts on unemployment on a radio devon interview..he said i understand my brothers been out of work for 2yrs now..that alone sums him up to me how greedy he is that you wont sort out your own brother
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Response to James Brent   Response to James Brent - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Response to James Brent
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next