Sir Francis Drake
Chancellor
RegGreen
Czarcasm
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Dead wood being moving on - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead wood being moving on   Dead wood being moving on - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 9:17 pm

I'm more concerned as to why it's been lumped in with Manky makeover, who is picking up the tab?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dead wood being moving on   Dead wood being moving on - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 9:25 pm

Yep I can just see these yoofs now - right lads lets get to central park a good hour or so before KO and we can have a sit down meal before the game starts
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Dead wood being moving on   Dead wood being moving on - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 9:28 pm

Nandos/pizza hut et al all do takeaway MAK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dead wood being moving on   Dead wood being moving on - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 9:46 pm

I have a feeling MAK hasn't long retired and just might be a bit out of the swim.
But you are right in one thing MAK, just what business thinks they can make good money choking on Outland Road. Zero passing trade apart from those rocking up on a full moon in the new £180 a month car. There's only one thing that attracts the sort you're talking about...... shopping. Give them something to buy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dead wood being moving on   Dead wood being moving on - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 9:52 pm

Who will they appeal to? Are the corporate customers going to prefer a pizza (sit in or takeaway), are the people crying out for a deecent sized supporters bar suddenly going to prefer the pre-match atmosphere of a chain restaurant or coffee shop, how many people who grab a couple of beers and a pasty pre-match or at half time are going to fill up on fried chicken before the game.

Having such options in the vicinity are unlikely to appeal to many more people who don't already do something similar at lunchtime on match day already.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Dead wood being moving on   Dead wood being moving on - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 11:03 pm

The current Argyle crowd is getting older season by season, new younger blood/families, more women and kids attending, there's your Nandos crowd for sure.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Dead wood being moving on   Dead wood being moving on - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 24, 2017 7:31 am

MAK wrote:
Yep I can just see these yoofs now - right lads lets get to central park a good hour or so before KO and we can have a sit down meal before the game starts

This is where you're quite clearly out of touch, MAK. Both of my teenagers spend more time in bleddy Nando's with their friends than possibly any other establishment. Yes, these chains won't appeal to the over 60's, but they aren't in any way shape or form the target 'audience' in the first place.

Corporate is corporate. So clearly that is different. But again you obviously haven't tried to get a table in the Brit to sit down and eat on a match day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dead wood being moving on   Dead wood being moving on - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 24, 2017 10:21 am

And the one reason "corporate" is different is because the line manager jobsworths gently munching aren't paying the price, the employers are.
As some might expect, I prefer a wholefood vegetarian experience, organic if at all possible in today's world. I don't think any of these six restaurants are going to be catering for me somehow. Of course the squire thinks vegans have unhealthy diets. Just goes to show what he knows about anything in the real world. Probably gets his info from the Mail or his business ghetto hotels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead wood being moving on   Dead wood being moving on - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dead wood being moving on
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2