Greenskin
sufferedsince 68
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 1:08 pm

Angry wrote:
Great news to see Graham sign on despite it looking obvious that he wouldnt. Del Bhey pulled of a master stroke to keep him here. Important addition to the squad but he alone isnt going to keep us up
Del bheys next move o bring in two strikers are going to be vital.

Reading elsewhere, his other half has taken a shine to this region apparently and is said to have not wanted a move.

Had he gone somewhere else, he may have only Been a bit part player, used if and when needed. I had a look at the SUFC forums and some of them said the same had he signed for them.

His relationship with Adams is a good working one and Adams really knows how to get the best out of him.

If any clubs come in for Carey in the future, Argyle can now ask for a fee.

It would be interesting to know what the length of his contract is. One year, two years or more. I hazard a guest and suggest it has to be two years.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 1:27 pm

I reckon it could be a rolling year on year deal
Each sesson...until a offer comes in that would be hard to turn down for penny pinching jimmy
& carey himself
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 3:48 pm

If I were Carey and his agent, I would have insisted on turning the tables on Starnes and Brent/Hallett, so the opt out of a second and third year was mine, not the club's, as with past player contracts to date apparently, let alone the money and built in bonuses. Sweet poetry.
Loyalty to a friend and manager, not the owners.
It would appear Carey's agent has played a blinder.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 8:12 am

No fan of agents, but indeed they have played a blinder timed to perfection.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 9:34 am

Wouldn't imagine he has signed for less than 200k annual. Rightly so as well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 11:12 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Great news to see Graham sign on despite it looking obvious that he wouldnt. Del Bhey pulled of a master stroke to keep him here. Important addition to the squad but he alone isnt going to keep us up

Reading elsewhere, his other half has taken a shine to this region apparently and is said to have not wanted a move.

Had he gone somewhere else, he may have only Been a bit part player, used if and when needed. I had a look at the SUFC forums and some of them said the same had he signed for them.

His relationship with Adams is a good working one and Adams really knows how to get the best out of him.

It would be interesting to know what the length of his contract is. One year, two years or more. I hazard a guest and suggest it has to be two years.

I'll wager a steak dinner and all the trimmings that his contract will have a get out clause or two in it.
As for the length this is argyle he is going to be on that stupid 1 year with an 1 year auto extension shit. Even in league One we wont push the boat out to tie players like him down longer so we can command a good price for him.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 11:59 am

Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:

I'll wager a steak dinner and all the trimmings that his contract will have a get out clause or two in it.
As for the length this is argyle he is going to be on that stupid 1 year with an 1 year auto extension shit. Even in league One we wont push the boat out to tie players like him down longer so we can command a good price for him.

Brent and his twin are geared up for 'consolidation' in league 1, they have no desire to go higher in the leagues - it would cost too much!
Quite content to stay on as big fish in small ponds, or in Argo's case big sheep in the sheep pen down on the farm.
The gullible fanbase have limited expectations so won't be upset enough to protest when it inevitably goes tits up.
Sheep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 12:45 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:

Brent and his twin are geared up for 'consolidation' in league 1, they have no desire to go higher in the leagues - it would cost too much!
Quite content to stay on as big fish in small ponds, or in Argo's case big sheep in the sheep pen down on the farm.
The gullible fanbase have limited expectations so won't be upset enough to protest when it inevitably goes tits up.
Sheep

If we ever get to the championship (and I won't be surprised if that happens) then PAFC will be actively put up for sale.
Clubs are spending in the millions in that division and we'll not compete under the present ownership, or significant new investors buy in.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 1:49 pm

Graiser wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:

Sheep

If we ever get to the championship (and I won't be surprised if that happens) then PAFC will be actively put up for sale.
Clubs are spending in the millions in that division and we'll not compete under the present ownership, or significant new investors buy in.

Agree lets hope then that Derek really is a managerial genius and can pull off another promotion, at least it may give us a chance that the Brentmare will end and somebody comes in to unlock the real potential of the club.
Onwards and upwards (despite Brent). geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 5:19 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Graiser wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:

Sheep

Agree lets hope then that Derek really is a managerial genius and can pull off another promotion, at least it may give us a chance that the Brentmare will end and somebody comes in to unlock the real potential of the club.

Good theory but i have to drop one tiny flaw in this. Remember Paul Stapleton? he didnt sell up when he should back then and Brent doesnt strike me at all as someone who would sell up unless he got 100% profit plus add ons and such.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 6:03 pm

I think you're right Angry. He's happened across a live one by accident, a cash producer, a safe haven, not many hours a week, it runs itself, total control of budget with little possible audit on level, occasional huge windfalls, a handy paid for office for the other companies holed up at PL2, willing volunteers looking for a key, and of course it's his HHP neighbour. He's going nowhere for a very long time, if not as chairman, then as landlord. He said as much a year ago, and my heart sunk. I am choosy as to whom I give my money.

And one more thing. As scoffing businesses etc take root in the stadium and capital worth is increased, who on earth is going to shell out £10 to 15 million for a lower league footy club with half a stadium nowhere near anywhere. Only a bargain would entice an investor, and he's not in the business of giving away anything. I hate to say this, but the only change of ownership of the club would be to the grasping pasoterati for £1 so as to have a puppet regime paying massive rents without complaint, totally hamstrung forever..... a sort of modern rent generation half life in the shadows. That last scenario is my bet on the future. If I were Harve, I would put my shirt on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 6:31 pm

Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Graiser wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:

Sheep

Good theory but i have to drop one tiny flaw in this. Remember Paul Stapleton? he didnt sell up when he should back then and Brent doesnt strike me at all as someone who would sell up unless he got 100% profit plus add ons and such.

And Stapleton sold out to a bunch of half wits, I won't have any issue if Brent sells out and makes a profit, its business, just as long as he does and it's to a kosher outfit
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 1:07 pm

Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Graiser wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:

Sheep

Yep, depressingly it looks like Brent and his ticking over, keep it cheap, lack of genuine ambition ownership
is in place for the long term.
A lot of people on here including me constantly call for Brent to go and it's a valid point to say we run the chance of getting a worse shyster with a new owner.
Personally as a lifelong fan I would prefer to take the risk, the most depressing thing for me is the acceptance of low ambition and lack of belief we could have a successful football club amongst a majority of the fanbase.
Let them have mediocre crap if they want, ultimately they will have the kind of club they deserve.
Personally despite my frequent posting on here I'm starting to lose interst, five home games last season might be less this season.
Will catch up with the Buckland Athletic game as only ten minute walk.
geek  Banana
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 1:22 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Graiser wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:

Sheep

Yep, depressingly it looks like Brent and his ticking over, keep it cheap, lack of genuine ambition ownership
is in place for the long term.
A lot of people on here including me constantly call for Brent to go and it's a valid point to say we run the chance of getting a worse shyster with a new owner.
Personally as a lifelong fan I would prefer to take the risk, the most depressing thing for me is the acceptance of low ambition and lack of belief we could have a successful football club amongst a majority of the fanbase.
Let them have mediocre crap if they want, ultimately they will have the kind of club they deserve.
Personally despite my frequent posting on here I'm starting to lose interst, five home games last season might be less this season.
Will catch up with the Buckland Athletic game as only ten minute walk.
geek  Banana
Good post Aka, to many argyle fans happy to accept shit owners shit signings and zero ambition, tis argo through out the ages.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 1:42 pm

Cheers Suffers, guess will just have to watch the crap unfold.
It's just all so fecking tinpot despite the promotion.
Will catch more Albion games this season and a few more trips to Taunton methinks.
BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 7:08 pm

I see Skynerd reckons Carey turned down Sheff Wed and Boro to stay with us.
lol! laugh laugh laugh lol
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 8:37 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Skynerd lol! lol!  The scoop that turned out poop!!! geek geek geek
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 9:56 pm

Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 11:20 am

Les Miserable wrote:

Because we'd all turn down big championship clubs with massive support and history, playing in big stadiums with hope of playing premier league football in favour of Jimmy's unambitious greens playing in a decrepit stadium with training facilities that have only just installed DRAINAGE and A FENCE if we were in GC10's shoes wouldn't we?

lol!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 12:19 pm

The Brentmare continues
:Suicide:
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 1:30 pm

Graiser wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:

Sheep

The money needed to stay in the Championship would indeed be beyond the reach of Argyle as the club stand in its current form.

League One is becoming an expensive league now, what with former giants [sic] slipping down from the Premiership and then the Championship. League One is now Turing into a two division league, "the haves and have nots". It started like that in the top flight, rapidly ventured down to the Championship and now the tentacles of silliness spread to the lower leagues.

What I highly disagree with are the parachute payments that are given to sides relegated from the Premiership, a major advantage already and is it any wonder other clubs need to invest greatly to keep up and be on a level playing field to either compete or stay in the Championship. Coventry have learnt the hard way, as did Pompey and Luton, ourselves and Blackpool.

As for the new League One season, the big-ish sides like Blackburn, Wigan and Charlton will no doubt spend a bit of cash this pre-season, as they attempt to get back to where they belong. Then you have the likes of Blackpool, Bradford, Doncaster and  Rotherham who will spend what they need when they need (you could include Bristol Rovers and Pompey and a few more too). The money prudent lesser clubs (ourselves included) will be hard pushed to even think about spending what some of the "haves" above may splash out.

If Argyle are to try for promotion to the Championship over the next three years, it will be on a shoestring budget no doubt and Adams will certainly earn his crust should he pull off that challenge.

Would Brent sell if Argyle did get promoted to the Championship, one would hope so.

I can still see Hallet buying out Brent sometime in the future. If that happens, You have got to hope that Hallet has a good network of contacts in which to draw monies into the club without it going too far in the wrong direction.

As for the EFL, they still have a lot of work to do to raise cash for themselves and its members. Perhaps they need to look at the current league structure and alter it, one example would be to go back to the old style regional divisions.  Spruce up the EFL cup and ditch the waste of space trophy altogether.

There is of course the threat of the Championship becoming the official Premiership Two, after the sides quit the EFL. That is one area that will need an almighty fight to stop that and should it be lost, then that would be the end of the game.

On a controversial note, the notion of allowing Scottish clubs into the English league system is a notion that will crop up again in the future. If the four main footballing authorities and the English non-league authorities did ever reach an amicable financial deal on that, and which saw the Scottish Champions enter into the lower end of the English league system every season, how would that go down with clubs and fans alike. Would they be open to that or would they say "boo-hiss", no thank you.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 1:47 pm

I hope if Brent ever sold for a profit he would repay the half million that he (PAFC) got in rent/rates so that PCC can spend what they should have on the sick and the old people of this city.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 3:53 pm

Careful Pat, you'll have the Thought Police on your back fuming at your including politics into the matter of the football club.
A good point, as of course we've seen with Brent and his strict austerity budget, that any business relief benefit will almost certainly head for the same place as the Liverpool money, not to the football but straight into his asset value. These are big big sums of money. No wonder "he gets it".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Carey gone? (Now Staying)
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8