PatDunne
Greenskin
sufferedsince 68
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 9:32 pm

seadog wrote:
Still no news on Carey then, I think he will surprise us all and sign up for another year.

You been on the rum tonight capt, I hope you are right
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 9:33 pm

Cheers Ivor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 9:39 pm

There are all manner of contractual obligations to abide by when you're a footy bod. I would imagine one of them would be to keep stum about what you're doing and where you're going, until the old contract runs out. Wouldn't want your future employers up in front of the football beak for inappropriate tapping up while still under contract to someone else. It's how the world has become. Things get announced in advance only if agreement has been reached between all parties. I wouldn't do a deal with Brent for a veggieburger
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 1:16 am

seadog wrote:
Still no news on Carey then, I think he will surprise us all and sign up for another year.
I think you may be right. I've had no grog either. drunk
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 7:20 am

beesrus wrote:
There are all manner of contractual obligations to abide by when you're a footy bod. I would imagine one of them would be to keep stum about what you're doing and where you're going, until the old contract runs out. Wouldn't want your future employers up in front of the football beak for inappropriate tapping up while still under contract to someone else. It's how the world has become. Things get announced in advance only if agreement has been reached between all parties. I wouldn't do a deal with Brent for a veggieburger

laugh Don't think any more local councils will either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 12:07 pm

Looks like a bit of excitement is looming today, hope it's not just Sawyer and the GK signing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 12:33 pm

Lot of chatter on Sheffield United forum about Carey's imminent arrival, it'll be a relief to know one way or the other so we can fall out about another topic ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 2:57 pm

Had a look at the SUFC forums to see what they are saying, seeing as the rumour still persists that he may sign for them ?.

Some interesting quotes and comments from the Blades fans regarding Carey. They certainly believe he could add something to the side and are in awe of his left leg.

LINK ONE
LINK TWO

Last edited by VillageGreen on Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 2:58 pm

Most of it is coming from Plymouth web site

Forums >Sheffield United Forums>Rumour Mill

Still plenty of noises from the Plymouth end about it.

Can't see us giving up on Holmes already, especially if he's rejected Charlton's contract offer.

If we intend to sign both then that would be 3 attacking midfielders signed with no ideal option for the right hand side.

Holmes, Carey, Duffy and Carruthers for the number 10 position would be pushing it a bit. Even if they can play other positions too. What if we play 3-5-2 all the time?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 4:35 pm

What baffles me, and I await the comments on that, is the long long delay in this. I imagine a few Champ clubs with more dosh than us would have been keen and surely the delay means those clubs are watching alternates signing elsewhere. Unless of course it was agreed weeks ago but kept quiet. DA seems good at keeping things off the radar - like goalies!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 8:20 am

Rumour form PAFC by Matt Francombe 14 mins · Plymouth

Good to see Carey's car parked up outside a Plymouth home this morning...with McCormick's...

Are these poster clutching at straws? The farm has 84 pages and PAFC as never ending new post on him

I think Marjon is the place for stalkers today, fitness test are done there before the pre-season gets going.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 8:56 am

Carey Stays against all odds

THIS is the photograph that the Green Army has been waiting all summer to see – midfielder Graham Carey signing a new contract with Plymouth Argyle.

The inspirational playmaker has committed his future to newly-promoted League One Argyle following a close-season of uncertainty over whether he would remain at Home Park to add to his 100 appearances, 27 goals and numerous assists since becoming a Pilgrim two summers ago.

Twenty-eight year-old Dubliner Graham had been considering his options following the expiry of his Pilgrims' contract at the end of last season, including the offer of a significantly improved deal from Argyle, and there had been much prolonged speculation as to his next move.

That conjecture ended at 8.35am on Thursday – the day the Argyle players reported back for pre-season training – when Graham put pen to paper on his new contract in Club Secretary Zac Newton’s office.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 8:58 am

Hmmmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 8:59 am

I'l be first to admit I'm shocked extra £2.25 a week must have sealed the deal.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 9:00 am

sounds good to me....
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 9:03 am

All on another incoming, can a mod change to carey re-signs
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 9:05 am

Tgwu wrote:

And delete my thread , sorry couldn't tell who it was from the back of head shot.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Finally some good news - Carey   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 9:07 am

Jethro wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

And delete my thread , sorry couldn't tell who it was from the back of head shot.

No, i mean keep your thread all the photos are on there, A good MOD can change the title
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 9:09 am

Now we know why we have been signing a load of crap signings up to yet..maybe its subsidising careys wages..no lenght on how long the new contract is but i reckon its a fat year deal
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 9:10 am

Just read the Brentherald article much to my surprise "Graham Carey signs new Plymouth Argyle contract".
Must be true then .
The eternally grateful will be ecstatic,
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 9:12 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Skynerd, from the Happy Clappy Nerd Forum reckons he's off, so thats argo confirmed as one of the relegated teams next season.......Brent Twins Out!

thats knocked skynerds record for being correct down a bit then
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 9:14 am

Jethro wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Skynerd, from the Happy Clappy Nerd Forum reckons he's off, so thats argo confirmed as one of the relegated teams next season.......Brent Twins Out!

thats knocked skynerds record for being correct down a bit then

I've split this thread from your post Jethro as requested.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 9:14 am

This is actually MASSIVE.

Shorely the Adams Factor has played A huge part.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 9:19 am

Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:
All will be revealed at the end of the month when the pay runs out. It all sounds remarkably like the Reuben Reid fiasco. I would suggest both he and Carey have felt they were worth more than the consideration Argyle had given them. I have some sympathy with both players.
Fancy Argyle getting more dosh for Purrington than for Carey.  Razz Great business acumen from the twins, not. Thou shalt not shell out for players, real estate only.

Carey did not want to discuss a new contract, period.

Carey didn't wish to leave mid season as in his view he can look forward to a higher signing on fee if he becomes free transfer, nothing to do with the club hierarchy, what's so difficult to understand about that.
The Carey saga is becoming a real drag, good player, loved watching his skills and work rate but fed up with it now, it's about time the club forced the issue rather than all this politicking.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 9:33 am

RegGreen wrote:
Now we know why we have been signing a load of crap signings up to yet..maybe its subsidising careys wages..no lenght on how long the new contract is but i reckon its a fat year deal
It makes sense to any manager to pay the going rate for your star player. Adams must be delighted although it is bound to have cost him the equivalent of a couple of extra players, hence the poor signings .Still, thats what managers are for, to make such decisions. Nice to see loyalty between player and manager rewarded in today's football world. Well done Adams., And well done Carey.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carey gone? (Now Staying)   Carey gone? (Now Staying) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Carey gone? (Now Staying)
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next