Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Adams to Aberdeen...

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 5323
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Adams to Aberdeen...   Tue 13 Jun - 16:44:14

This one could really have some legs Neutral
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1784
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 68
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Tue 13 Jun - 19:31:56

Bleddy hope not
Back to top Go down
Freathy

avatar

Posts : 4210
Join date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Tue 13 Jun - 19:47:12

If Aberdeen want him then he's gone.

Brent's cheap replacement won't be able to keep us up.

Relegated before the season starts
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2437
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Tue 13 Jun - 19:52:07

There's a win win scenario lurking in the dark shadows of the mind in such a rumour. Argyle win if he stays, Brent loses if he goes. I can sleep easy on that.
Can't imagine such a move would be a good career step at this time. It wouldn't make sense as he's only one successful season away from being able to do a Luggy and win the lottery. He would lose that chance going back to Scotish football.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3205
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Tue 13 Jun - 20:18:01

didn't he sign a mega contract a while back speccy will be seeing the ££££ in his eyes as his lip quivers
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3205
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Tue 13 Jun - 20:20:00

Worth noting Sky Bet have DA at 33/1 to Leeds and 50/1 for the black cats job
Back to top Go down
tigertony

avatar

Posts : 2265
Join date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Tue 13 Jun - 23:30:50

Aberdeen are talking £1 mill compo package for their man. DA has 3 more years on his contract but he will get more visibility climbing with Argo than he would get finishing at best 2nd every season at Aberdeen. He's young and focussed. I'd be highly surprised if he went anywhere. Over the next year or two there will be many jobs that his name will be shortlisted for.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

avatar

Posts : 4936
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Wed 14 Jun - 0:10:21

tigertony wrote:
Aberdeen are talking £1 mill compo package for their man. DA has 3 more years on his contract but he will get more visibility climbing with Argo than he would get finishing at best 2nd every season at Aberdeen. He's young and focussed. I'd be highly surprised if he went anywhere. Over the next year or two there will be many jobs that his name will be shortlisted for.

This presumes he is going to "climb" with Argyle. Odds and statistics are against that happening...

Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2437
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Wed 14 Jun - 12:01:30

Especially if Carey is on his way.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7882
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Wed 14 Jun - 15:35:57

Lifelong Dons fan Shocked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4598
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Wed 14 Jun - 15:38:37

Czarcasm wrote:
Lifelong Dons fan  Shocked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looks like fishing to me, no quotes whatsoever. Not even from "Sources close to Adams".
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7882
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Wed 14 Jun - 15:49:47

Hugh Watt wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Lifelong Dons fan  Shocked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looks like fishing to me, no quotes whatsoever. Not even from "Sources close to Adams".

Yeah, thing is if Aberdeen get £1m compo for McInnes then paying off Adams remaining years won't be any issue - if they fancy him.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4598
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Wed 14 Jun - 15:58:44

Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Lifelong Dons fan  Shocked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looks like fishing to me, no quotes whatsoever. Not even from "Sources close to Adams".

Yeah, thing is if Aberdeen get £1m compo for McInnes then paying off Adams remaining years won't be any issue - if they fancy him.

There's better options out there. Alex Neil is out of work for instance.

Besides he'd be better off "climbing with Argyle" lol!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4185
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Wed 14 Jun - 17:40:13

Hugh Watt wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Lifelong Dons fan  Shocked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looks like fishing to me, no quotes whatsoever. Not even from "Sources close to Adams".

Yeah, thing is if Aberdeen get £1m compo for McInnes then paying off Adams remaining years won't be any issue - if they fancy him.

There's better options out there. Alex Neil is out of work for instance.

Besides he'd be better off "climbing with Argyle" lol!
lol! lol! Relegation battle with Jimmy's basement battlers or european football with Aberdeen? he'd walk there to take the job.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

avatar

Posts : 10263
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 69
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Wed 14 Jun - 17:55:34

Our friend Nick on AFC reckon he his 100% staying
Back to top Go down
Freathy

avatar

Posts : 4210
Join date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Wed 14 Jun - 18:23:00

Sounds like he could well be off then.  The farm are all in deluded denial of course with some seriously saying brent's Argo is preferable to Aberdeen.  So the tin pot EFL cup and playing Fleetwood is preferable to the Europa League and playing Celtic and Rangers?  FFS.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi



Posts : 710
Join date : 2013-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Wed 14 Jun - 20:26:01

beesrus wrote:
Especially if Carey is on his way.

To Aberdeen

These two are as thick as thieves and Adams may well have tipped Carey of that he himself wasn't hanging around.

To say he's better off staying here is ludicrous.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4185
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Wed 14 Jun - 20:38:00

Looks like Adams has had enough at Homepark, the Brent Budget was probably the last straw, the three signings have been  league two standard and like shezza before him he wants out.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1802
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : Plympton and Sucina

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Wed 14 Jun - 20:42:22

Can't see Adams going anywhere for a while, he likes to build a club and get them up through the leagues as he did with Ross County, and I think he enjoys life down here.

I really can't see the attraction of managing in Scotland where the whole scene is dominated by one club - but then again I'm not Scottish.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3205
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Wed 14 Jun - 20:52:44

problem is who would want this job if he did Leave, Or would mr deep pockets short arms give it to in experienced Wottsy.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4185
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Wed 14 Jun - 21:00:19

Jethro wrote:
problem is who would want this job if he did Leave, Or would mr deep pockets short arms give it to in experienced Wottsy.
The devoted Brenties would lap up wotton as manager if Jimmy said he was an outstanding individual blah blah blah, the reality is a club in the middle of nowhere needs an experenced manager with contacts or a return to the basement is assured.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
avatar

Posts : 9906
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 55
Location : Berkshire

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Wed 14 Jun - 21:27:07

I'm sure there are plenty of out of work Managers who would apply for the job at HP if Adams walked.

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10842
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Wed 14 Jun - 21:34:39

If Del Bhey leaves i wouldnt be happy about it but i would understand fully why he choose to go to Aberdeen rather than stay here. Aberdeen are ambitious as our owner is determined to keep us shit.
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10842
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Wed 14 Jun - 23:18:16

i take it none of you saw Simon Hallet's tweet that pretty much confirms Del Bhey is off! plenty of screenshots doing the rounds of it and he has since deleted it off his timeline.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 5323
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   Wed 14 Jun - 23:21:27

At least we now know where Carey will be playing next season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Adams to Aberdeen...   

Back to top Go down
 
Adams to Aberdeen...
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: