Tgwu
Rickler
Les Miserable
harvetheslayer
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

no money just women Empty
PostSubject: no money just women   no money just women EmptyTue May 16, 2017 2:33 pm

CHAIRMAN James Brent has identified the importance of getting more women to become involved with Plymouth Argyle.

And Brent means not only among the fanbase of the Green Army but in the boardroom too.

Argyle have seven directors in addition to Brent, including Simon Hallett and Tony Wrathall who are also part owners of the newly-promoted League One club.

The other five are David Felwick, Richard Holliday, Peter Jones, John Morgan and Martyn Starnes, the Pilgrims' chief executive.

Brent told Herald Sport: "There is a view in football, which I think is really bad, that directors bring cheque books.

"What we actually need more of is bringing smarts and bringing life experiences outside of football.

"We do have an issue in the boardroom at the moment that we are white, middle-aged and 100 per cent male, so we do need to address that."

There are still only a few women in positions of power at football clubs across the country and Brent would like that to change at Argyle.

Brent said: "This is not about political correctness. There is incredibly powerful academic evidence that diverse boards perform much better than single-sex boards in particular.

"It works both ways. If you have a purely female board then they under-perform a mixed board as well, so we need to improve that."

He continued: "I think 16 per cent of our regular fans are women and we need to get that up.

"We want to be a family club. We love the tribalism (of football) but I don't have an aspiration for a rugby club-type environment where fans mix on the terraces.

"That's not what football is about for me, but we do want to attract more women and we want to attract more young families to sustain and grow the club as we go forward."

Hallett and his wife, Jane, are providing £5 million – £4.1m of that by way of a 30-year loan – to fund the proposed redeveloped and expanded Grandstand at Home Park.

Brent confirmed there were no plans at the moment for Mrs Hallett to become a club director.

"She hasn't indicated a wish to, and what we want to do is appoint people on grounds of merit," said Brent.

"When we do look to refresh the board, we aren't going to ask people to come and bring cheque books.

"We are going to ask people to come and bring smarts and intelligence, and help us to progress the club."

taken from brents herald.

he really hasnt got a clue has he. Im sure most clubs would rather employ a woman director/chairman who has cash and knows buisness and actually likes football which would make them over qualified for us.

can we not just get rid of brent and the other directors who i still dont know what they bring to the club/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: no money just women   no money just women EmptyTue May 16, 2017 2:43 pm

Angry wrote:
We love the tribalism (of football) but I don't have an aspiration for a rugby club-type environment where fans mix on the terraces.

Brent confirmed there were no plans at the moment for Mrs Hallett to become a club director.

I'm getting " I haven't considered buying the freehold"  Very Happy  Very Happy
Do people actually fall for this stuff ? I guess some do.

As to the tribalism comment, since when were women or rugby fans NOT tribal. The last time I strode the planet, all the tribes were half women.
It's like listening to George and Bungle.

Last edited by beesrus on Tue May 16, 2017 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: no money just women   no money just women EmptyTue May 16, 2017 2:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

picture of the fine upstanding gentleman jim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: no money just women   no money just women EmptyTue May 16, 2017 3:06 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

i really hope thats not a piss stain on his trousers!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: no money just women   no money just women EmptyTue May 16, 2017 3:33 pm

Must need someone to butter his cucumber sandwiches.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: no money just women   no money just women EmptyTue May 16, 2017 3:43 pm

jesus wept.......... popcorn3
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: no money just women   no money just women EmptyTue May 16, 2017 3:55 pm

Forced equality is never a good idea IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: no money just women   no money just women EmptyTue May 16, 2017 4:17 pm

On the banner, shouldn't that read 'Next Stop Championship' Seeing as we're now LG 1 already?

Yeh yeh, I'm off out with the dog. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: no money just women   no money just women EmptyTue May 16, 2017 4:44 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

He's not talking about equality, Les, his sort don't believe in it in any case. The AFT certainly weren't offered equality of voting rights for their 400K. It's all about his new found mate's family, or maybe his own. You can have any gender you desire, but you have to back it up with a wallet. I'm just wondering where Brent's original strap line went ....... "No walleted directors"
Just as well to remember at this point that few people understand that Pankhurst didn't do her suffrage stuff for all women, just well to do women.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: no money just women   no money just women EmptyTue May 16, 2017 4:56 pm

beesrus wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

You can have any gender you desire, but you have to back it up with a wallet. I'm just wondering where Brent's original strap line went ....... "No walleted directors"

Did you actually read what Brent said?

Brent wrote:

"When we do look to refresh the board, we aren't going to ask people to come and bring cheque books.

"We are going to ask people to come and bring smarts and intelligence, and help us to progress the club."

Bullshit it may be...  But it is in line with "No walleted Directors".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: no money just women   no money just women EmptyTue May 16, 2017 5:04 pm

So, why is Hallet a director and/or his partner ? Does he not have a wallet ? Did he not bring in comparative big bucks, he brought a cheque book ? a million plus ? Am I missing something here ?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: no money just women   no money just women EmptyTue May 16, 2017 5:22 pm

will the president be involved in picking the new directors
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: no money just women   no money just women EmptyTue May 16, 2017 5:29 pm

beesrus wrote:
So, why is Hallet a director and/or his partner ? Does he not have a wallet ? Did he not bring in comparative big bucks, he brought a cheque book ? a million plus ? Am I missing something here ?

Not at all (apart from what Brent is quoted as saying) which like I said, appears to be PR Bullshit.

Brent could appoint a female board member tomorrow if he wanted to - indeed, if he feels about it so strongly, why hasn't he done it already.

Look at all the other high ranking or prominent positions at Home Park where he has appointed woman.
Err...
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: no money just women   no money just women EmptyTue May 16, 2017 5:45 pm

Tgwu wrote:

....suspect he will deeply probe prospective candidates Love
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: no money just women   no money just women EmptyTue May 16, 2017 6:01 pm

For Application forms /hands on interview
For woman directors ..Plymouth Argyle co/chris webb Home park PL2
0nly 8 s out of 10s need to apply ..lol
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: no money just women   no money just women EmptyTue May 16, 2017 6:55 pm

Smarts and intelligence, who could he mean?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: no money just women   no money just women EmptyTue May 16, 2017 7:14 pm

Why no transgender directors? I sure the Pres would be all for diversity and equality.....
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: no money just women   no money just women EmptyTue May 16, 2017 7:34 pm

Brent has probably found out that the EFL are giving handouts for a "diverse" boardroom.
There's only one thing that motivates him.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: no money just women   no money just women EmptyTue May 16, 2017 8:12 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

Inspires total confidence, knowing P.A.F.C.  Is in safe hands with such ambitious owners. :Suicide:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: no money just women   no money just women EmptyTue May 16, 2017 8:37 pm

I reckons Speccy Twats been taking lessons in the trough eating contest
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: no money just women   no money just women EmptyTue May 16, 2017 8:45 pm

alannotivvy wrote:

:pighug: :eat: popcorn3 popcorn elephant
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: no money just women   no money just women EmptyTue May 16, 2017 8:48 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
Time for Jimmy and Tony to join Fat Fighters! :eat:
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: no money just women   no money just women EmptyTue May 16, 2017 9:10 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

....suspect he will deeply probe prospective candidates  Love
Thats it! Mrs Pres is lined up affraid
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: no money just women   no money just women EmptyWed May 17, 2017 8:56 am

Thats the blow jobs and the tea sorted then
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: no money just women   no money just women EmptyWed May 17, 2017 11:06 am

no money just women is the story of my life, except for the bit about women
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: no money just women   no money just women Empty

Back to top Go down

no money just women
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next