Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  EventsEvents  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Demolition of White Hart Lane commences....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 2043
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 57
Location : Timbuktu

PostSubject: Demolition of White Hart Lane commences....   Mon May 15, 2017 2:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Demolition of White Hart Lane commences....   Mon May 15, 2017 4:37 pm

Christ. They're not hanging around are they!!

Take note Jimbob and Halletosis. This is called getting the feck on with it.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

avatar

Posts : 3971
Join date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Demolition of White Hart Lane commences....   Tue May 16, 2017 8:13 am

They don't have much choice as the old WHL encroaches into the part built new stadium right next to it and needs to be demolished before the new stadium can be completed. New stadium costs a cool £800m.
Back to top Go down
beesrus



Posts : 1382
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Demolition of White Hart Lane commences....   Tue May 16, 2017 8:21 am

And apparently there's no money around in this country. Obviously we've been misinformed. Stunning decadence and a very sad day.

I saw my very first football match on holiday there as a kid. Spurs were playing Leyton Orient in the league !! Spurs won by 5 or something and us kids were hoiked over the barriers to sit with on the St John ambulance bench.
I always loved their triple stand. Maybe Lord Jim of Oldway could pick it up on the cheap and ship it down here.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4575
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 57
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: Re: Demolition of White Hart Lane commences....   Tue May 16, 2017 8:56 am

Times move on I guess. Used to be  Spurs fan in my younger days and even since those days, the ground has changed virtually beyond recognition, although one of the old stands was incorporated into the new set up if memory serves me right. Only went there twice-got locked out after turning up too late for a 55000 sell out against Bolton in the old second division and a league cup tie against Birmingham when Spurs were 3-0 down at half time and George Graham needed a police escort back to the dressing room. Whether or not the costs involved affect their on field performances, as it undoubtedly did at Arsenal, time will tell but every success to them- they seem to be willing to bring through young English players more than most top clubs and all credit to Pochettino and the Spurs set up for that.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4575
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 57
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: Re: Demolition of White Hart Lane commences....   Tue May 16, 2017 9:07 am

Mr. Brownstone wrote:
Christ. They're not hanging around are they!!

Take note Jimbob and Halletosis. This is called getting the feck on with it.

Wondered how long it would take. Smile
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 2043
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 57
Location : Timbuktu

PostSubject: Re: Demolition of White Hart Lane commences....   Tue May 16, 2017 11:22 am

Have seen the new ground internally (enhanced artist impression) from a facebook link which had a 360 degree facility to pan around centre circle area..... It is absolutely stunning and blows away every other ground including Wembley in the country
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Demolition of White Hart Lane commences....   Tue May 16, 2017 12:22 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Have seen the new ground internally (enhanced artist impression)  from a facebook link which had a 360 degree facility to pan around centre circle area..... It is absolutely stunning and blows away every other ground including Wembley in the country

Do you still have the link, Harve?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 2043
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 57
Location : Timbuktu

PostSubject: Re: Demolition of White Hart Lane commences....   Tue May 16, 2017 12:41 pm

Mr. Brownstone wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Have seen the new ground internally (enhanced artist impression)  from a facebook link which had a 360 degree facility to pan around centre circle area..... It is absolutely stunning and blows away every other ground including Wembley in the country

Do you still have the link, Harve?

Will try and find it but have no idea where it came from. Will check out Spurs page to start with
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 2043
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 57
Location : Timbuktu

PostSubject: Re: Demolition of White Hart Lane commences....   Tue May 16, 2017 12:49 pm

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 3674
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: Demolition of White Hart Lane commences....   Tue May 16, 2017 1:07 pm

Spurs new ground looks fantastic good luck to them, meanwhile two hundred odd miles away in Englands biggest Village Squire Jimmy, and born again argo fan Community Si propose a yokel mankover, of seats without roofs with a Poncho option!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7592
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Demolition of White Hart Lane commences....   Tue May 16, 2017 7:43 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Spurs new ground looks fantastic good luck to them, meanwhile two hundred odd miles away in Englands biggest Village Squire Jimmy, and born again argo fan Community Si propose a yokel mankover, of seats without roofs with a Poncho option!! cheers cheers

lol!
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1419
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: Demolition of White Hart Lane commences....   Tue May 16, 2017 8:04 pm

fans pay for the poncho obvs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 1990
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Demolition of White Hart Lane commences....   Tue May 16, 2017 8:39 pm

:lol!:y
Czarcasm wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Spurs new ground looks fantastic good luck to them, meanwhile two hundred odd miles away in Englands biggest Village Squire Jimmy, and born again argo fan Community Si propose a yokel mankover, of seats without roofs with a Poncho option!! cheers cheers

lol!
lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Demolition of White Hart Lane commences....   

Back to top Go down
 
Demolition of White Hart Lane commences....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Amanda Jayne Hart - Diane Lazarus
» UK Goverment To Sell White Cliffs of Dover
» Madeleine McCann and the white van man
» Check out the "white only" laundramat. Obumba will not like it.
» Amber White -- Found Alive 7/21/10

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: