Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Cost of Dutch trip......£1250

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hugh Watt
Admin


Posts : 3733
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Tue May 16, 2017 9:15 am

Whilst I agree it's a monumental rip off, I'm with SFD in that its a case of buyer beware. If anyone has the time or the disposable income to be fork out that's their lookout. If the take up is slow perhaps the club will reduce the price, or not. As I have no interest in going anyway, its irrelevant to me. Beside nobody ever said following a football club is good value for money.

_______________________________________
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @TheOfficial_ATD
Back to top Go down
beesrus



Posts : 668
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Tue May 16, 2017 10:25 am

Overcharging is as old as history and has nothing to do with capitalism. That's quite different.
This is just just bulk standard dodgy street trader stuff that happens in any medina or pannier market on the planet. It ruins it for the decent traders and business owners, of which there are many. These people should be harangued for it wherever it goes on.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1584
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : Plympton and Sucina

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Tue May 16, 2017 11:23 am

Anything to do with football is too expensive, it's been that way since the monstrosity of the Premier League began, and probably before. Overcharging is part of the game especially for clubs like PAFC and especially for the current regime.

They could charge £2,000 for the trip and people would pay it. It's not like any other business, if you think you're paying too much at one shop, you can try a different one.

You don't try a different football club, it's a lifestyle choice that stays with you forever. That's why people will pay to do this sort of thing whether they can afford it or not - and the club will capitalise on it. It's not something I agree with or would ever do, but such is the life of a football fan these days.

I'm not a proper fan thank goodness.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi



Posts : 646
Join date : 2013-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Tue May 16, 2017 11:34 am

Since when has value been a prerequisite of capitalism. You charge what you think you can get away with.

I happen to think that the outlay for Argyle is minimal. It's the 'in with the in crowd' bit that's the sting and which costs the club nothing.

So long as the mugs/fans realise that they're paying for the players trip then no problem.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 1530
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 57
Location : Timbuktu

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Tue May 16, 2017 11:36 am

I've just priced this up as a single traveller using reasonable assumptions and the only bit missing is the two meals with players and the "closed" training sessions...... Allowing for shocking exchange rates I make it £462 with only personal food to be added as opposed to argyle creaming £1450 off the punter in a single room.
Gotta love Jimmy but if the avivas are happy to pay it then as has been said its their choice entirely
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 1623
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Tue May 16, 2017 11:50 am

Club tours back in the day were payed by all clubs owners/board members ..not getting fans to pay for there jolly up..piss taker brent lets not forget its season ticket time as well for most fans is there no end to this rinsing the fans ..still wondering where the liverpool moneys gone for F#@K SAKE
Back to top Go down
alannotivvy

avatar

Posts : 6074
Join date : 2012-11-03
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Tue May 16, 2017 12:57 pm

If some sad act wants to pay over a grand to watch and wank over Argyle, then let em fill their boots.

Personally, i'd prefer the old skool route of a manky transit van trip with some mates.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 1623
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Tue May 16, 2017 2:14 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
If some sad act wants to pay over a grand to watch and wank over Argyle, then let em fill their boots.

Personally, i'd prefer the old skool route of a manky transit van trip with some mates.
Thumbs geddon bhey thats the way to go old skool
Fook holland for 12 hundred shots give me tivvy town for 100 quid outing its gunna be like the film planes trains & automobiles getting there  laugh
Back to top Go down
beesrus



Posts : 668
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Tue May 16, 2017 2:20 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Club tours back in the day were payed by all clubs owners/board members ..not getting fans to pay for there jolly up..piss taker brent lets not forget its season ticket time as well for most fans is there no end to this rinsing the fans ..still wondering where the liverpool moneys gone for F#@K SAKE

That's a good point that Reg. The culture was everywhere, not just football, the squire pays for these end of/beginning of forays/charabangs as a thank you to staff and the community. Not with this new breed of skimmers and bottom feeders. They're never off duty. They will regret it.
They're feeding off addicts.
As for manky transit vans, I've spent most of my life doing that and it's the best way to travel by far. I never understood the bubble experience that certain characters call a holiday. Just the same old gunk in the same old way in some bland hotel, often in some far flung gated community. You only live once.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7358
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Tue May 16, 2017 6:53 pm

beesrus wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Club tours back in the day were payed by all clubs owners/board members ..not getting fans to pay for there jolly up..piss taker brent lets not forget its season ticket time as well for most fans is there no end to this rinsing the fans ..still wondering where the liverpool moneys gone for F#@K SAKE

That's a good point that Reg. The culture was everywhere, not just football, the squire pays for these end of/beginning of forays/charabangs as a thank you to staff and the community. Not with this new breed of skimmers and bottom feeders. They're never off duty. They will regret it.
They're feeding off addicts.
As for manky transit vans, I've spent most of my life doing that and it's the best way to travel by far. I never understood the bubble experience that certain characters call a holiday. Just the same old gunk in the same old way in some bland hotel, often in some far flung gated community. You only live once.

Ain't that the truth. Variety gives you a well rounded view though. France '98 was quite literally 'back of a Transit van'. Euro 2016 was a lot more plush but no less enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7358
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Tue May 23, 2017 3:11 pm

Any latest news on the uptake for this bargain once-in-a-lifetime trip??
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1584
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : Plympton and Sucina

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Tue May 23, 2017 4:44 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Any latest news on the uptake for this bargain once-in-a-lifetime trip??

There is a rumour that all applications are being routed to Sir Jim's best mate for his opinion - they must have the right sort attending after all.
Back to top Go down
beesrus



Posts : 668
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Tue May 23, 2017 9:14 pm

Shouldn't this be on yer rumours thread PP ?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Brownstone



Posts : 140
Join date : 2017-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Any latest news on the uptake for this bargain once-in-a-lifetime trip??

There is a rumour that all applications are being routed to Sir Jim's best mate for his opinion - they must have the right sort attending after all.

So you can only go, if you wish to be ripped off Jimmy style, and, Porkzilla say's so! f*cking rediculous.


Last edited by Mr. Brownstone on Tue May 23, 2017 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1584
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : Plympton and Sucina

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Tue May 23, 2017 10:41 pm

beesrus wrote:
Shouldn't this be on yer rumours thread PP ?

No
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

avatar

Posts : 3235
Join date : 2014-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Thu May 25, 2017 5:54 pm

A week on the ISS would cost less, each to their own I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7358
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Still trying to fill spaces 3 days after the cut off point for final payment.

That'll teach them for tying to sell a few days in Holland for the same price as a fortnight All-Inclusive in the Carribean.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 1623
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:08 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Still trying to fill spaces 3 days after the cut off point for final payment.

That'll teach them for tying to sell a few days in Holland for the same price as a fortnight All-Inclusive in the Carribean.
  Lord jim will pick up shortfall..he wont let us fans pay for the whole trip would eee!!  eeeeeeeeeeeee saved us that bhey!!  Pig jocolor geek Sheep
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 1530
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 57
Location : Timbuktu

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:49 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Still trying to fill spaces 3 days after the cut off point for final payment.

That'll teach them for tying to sell a few days in Holland for the same price as a fortnight All-Inclusive in the Carribean.
  Lord jim will pick up shortfall..he wont let us fans pay for the whole trip would eee!!  eeeeeeeeeeeee saved us that bhey!!  Pig jocolor geek Sheep

Eeeeeee saved us

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 944
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:29 pm

Oh yes please, can I buy a badge, I have the Brent Out Argyle till I die one thanks to a kind poster on here (Cheers Al).
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 3125
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:15 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Still trying to fill spaces 3 days after the cut off point for final payment.

That'll teach them for tying to sell a few days in Holland for the same price as a fortnight All-Inclusive in the Carribean.
  Lord jim will pick up shortfall..he wont let us fans pay for the whole trip would eee!!  eeeeeeeeeeeee saved us that bhey!!  Pig jocolor geek Sheep

Eeeeeee saved us

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lol! lol! lol! The badges will sell out quicker than a week amongst the Tulips with General Knobber! jocolor
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 1530
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 57
Location : Timbuktu

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:49 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Still trying to fill spaces 3 days after the cut off point for final payment.

That'll teach them for tying to sell a few days in Holland for the same price as a fortnight All-Inclusive in the Carribean.
  Lord jim will pick up shortfall..he wont let us fans pay for the whole trip would eee!!  eeeeeeeeeeeee saved us that bhey!!  Pig jocolor geek Sheep

Eeeeeee saved us

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lol! lol! lol! The badges will sell out quicker than a week amongst the Tulips with General Knobber! jocolor

they are still falling over themselves on freechat with indignation...
Back to top Go down
alannotivvy

avatar

Posts : 6074
Join date : 2012-11-03
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:16 pm

Just posted a load off to all who have contributed.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 1623
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:22 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
Just posted a load off to all who have contributed.
Geddon bhey!!  Thumbs
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 1623
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:29 pm

laugh
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Still trying to fill spaces 3 days after the cut off point for final payment.

That'll teach them for tying to sell a few days in Holland for the same price as a fortnight All-Inclusive in the Carribean.
  Lord jim will pick up shortfall..he wont let us fans pay for the whole trip would eee!!  eeeeeeeeeeeee saved us that bhey!!  Pig jocolor geek Sheep

Eeeeeee saved us

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lol! lol! lol! The badges will sell out quicker than a week amongst the Tulips with General Knobber! jocolor
laugh laugh laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   

Back to top Go down
 
Cost of Dutch trip......£1250
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» medic helmet on dutch auction site
» Missing Dutch tourist found alive in Nerja this morning
» Daily Star: "Maddie mum in sad trip"
» Go Dutch.......why wait until 2015?
» Machete Legitimus Collins & Co No 1250, 1943

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: