Les Miserable
Rickler
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

Move abroad to watch Argyle Live! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move abroad to watch Argyle Live!   Move abroad to watch Argyle Live! - Page 2 EmptySun May 07, 2017 5:30 am

seadog wrote:
Not watchable, but very enjoyable.

I agree...

But it was because they gave you the atmosphere of the Green Army and knowing if Argyle (or Grimsby) had scored, you would have known as quickly as if you were checking in on 'Livescores' or Pissoti!

The novelty of that would wear off after a few weeks.  You ultimately need to be able to see what is going on - this is where 'quality' of a HD stream will always win out..
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Move abroad to watch Argyle Live!   Move abroad to watch Argyle Live! - Page 2 EmptySun May 07, 2017 6:13 am

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Move abroad to watch Argyle Live!   Move abroad to watch Argyle Live! - Page 2 EmptySun May 07, 2017 9:17 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
free version of zenmate will place you in hong kong romania usa or germany with 2 clicks

I have premium zenmate but SKYgo have it sussed unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Move abroad to watch Argyle Live!   Move abroad to watch Argyle Live! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 4:42 pm

What is iFollow?

Ahead of the 2017/18 season, the EFL is improving the PlayerHD service, which will be relaunched and renamed iFollow. iFollow is a digital live streaming and content platform that will revolutionise the way football fans overseas can follow their EFL teams.

As part of your club's new website iFollow will, for the first time in English football, allow overseas fans to live stream up to 46 live games featuring their club within the regular EFL season. In addition, fans will have access to extended highlights and exclusive behind the scenes videos in HD, across desktop, mobile, tablet and app.

How much does an iFollow subscription cost?

Season passes are available for the equivalent of £110.

Australia - AUD$185
Canada - CAD$190
EU - €130
USA - $140

Can I purchase a pass for a single game?

At present only season passes are available.

What devices does iFollow work on?

iFollow is available across desktop, mobile, tablet and app.

What clubs offer iFollow subscriptions?

Only clubs who have opted in to utilise the iFollow platform will be able to offer subscriptions to iFollow. These clubs are known as EFL Digital clubs and have launched new websites which include the iFollow platform. To check whether your club has opted in to utilise iFollow see below, or click HERE.

Why are some clubs not currently offering iFollow?

iFollow is only available to clubs playing in the EFL during the 2017/18 season and who have opted in to utilise the iFollow platform. Any club which is not listed above will still be able to live stream their games, but will provide their fans with access through their own club digital services should they wish to.

We are therefore unable to provide subscriptions to fans of Accrington Stanley, Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Bristol City, Charlton Athletic, Derby County, Fulham, Leeds United, QPR and Wolverhampton Wanderers.

If you are a fan of one of these clubs please contact your club for more information.

What games will fans outside of the UK and Republic of Ireland be able to watch live via iFollow?

More than 1,500 matches will be available in HD quality, with iFollow showing every EFL league match live unless that match has been selected by the EFL’s overseas broadcast partners.

What games will fans outside of the UK and Republic of Ireland be unable to watch live via iFollow?

Games from Carabao Cup, Checkatrade Trophy and Sky Bet Play-Offs will not be available via iFollow.

When can I subscribe from?

Now! iFollow is now available as part of all EFL Digital clubs’ new websites.

How do I subscribe to iFollow?

Simply click HERE and select your club from the list shown. You’ll be directed straight to your club’s iFollow page where you can subscribe.

If I am subscribed to my club’s PlayerHD service will I automatically join iFollow?

If you are an existing PlayerHD subscriber then your account will now have been transferred to the new iFollow service. Existing PlayerHD users will now be able to log in with their existing log in details.

What commentary will be used on iFollow?

Commentary to accompany games on iFollow is managed by EFL clubs. Please contact your club should you have specific questions on your club’s commentary.

Will my club show pre-season friendlies or youth games?

Clubs will be able to broadcast pre-season friendlies or youth games live, provided that they are not infringing on any broadcast restrictions. Please contact your club should you have additional questions relating to this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Move abroad to watch Argyle Live!   Move abroad to watch Argyle Live! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 8:43 pm

So which vpn are our experience expats going to recommend for us to use to watch Argyle away games here in Plymouth?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Move abroad to watch Argyle Live!   Move abroad to watch Argyle Live! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 8:54 pm

Tgwu wrote:
So which vpn are our experience expats going to recommend for us to use to watch Argyle away games here in Plymouth?

Don't think that'll work, VPNs can be detected and blocked.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Move abroad to watch Argyle Live!   Move abroad to watch Argyle Live! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 9:37 pm

harvetheslayer posted that zenmate will place you in hong kong romania usa or germany with 2 clicks

Tringreen I have premium zenmate but SKYgo have it sussed unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Move abroad to watch Argyle Live!   Move abroad to watch Argyle Live! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 11:18 pm

Tgwu wrote:

I used (I think) 'Zenmate free' version for a few months (on Tringy's recommendation) and it worked great and then I got a virus which I traced to the Zemate programme.  Not sure how it got there, it might not have been their fault - but nontheless...

I haven't used anything since - I would love for a recommendation myself, so I can use BBC iplayer etc..

I wonder who will be doing the commentary for Argyle on iFollow?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Move abroad to watch Argyle Live!   Move abroad to watch Argyle Live! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 11:36 pm

TECHADVISOR

The best VPN services of 2017

What is a VPN? If you're concerned about online privacy, a VPN will help keep snoopers at bay. Here you'll find the best VPN services for hiding your location online and allowing you to access blocked content and blocked sites.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Move abroad to watch Argyle Live!   Move abroad to watch Argyle Live! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 6:26 am

Since zenmate starting getting blocked by itvplayer on premium I dropped it (as did tring for skygo) and switched to hola which suddenly got blocked as well in march this year.
I'd imagine this new service is going to be very heavily monitored for VPN usage
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Move abroad to watch Argyle Live!   Move abroad to watch Argyle Live! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 6:29 am

Rickler wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

I haven't used anything since - I would love for a recommendation myself, so I can use BBC iplayer etc..

bbciplayer was working fine on hola in april outside of uk but as above post itvplayer blocked them around that time so they may have been clocked likewise
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Move abroad to watch Argyle Live!   Move abroad to watch Argyle Live! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 8:26 am

It alright saying you are not recieving bbci player or skygo, this is being stream through the clubs on their new iFollow (PlayerHD), We have to wait untill the season starts to see if we can fool Argyle iFollow platform for us UK base. Overseas  fans do not need vpn, just pay their subscriptions of £110. They now can watch more games then us.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Move abroad to watch Argyle Live!   Move abroad to watch Argyle Live! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 8:46 am

Tgwu wrote:
, We have to wait untill the season starts to see if we can fool Argyle iFollow platform for us UK base.

well you will be able to fool it initially but I expect each vpn will get knocked out as they are uncovered but as there are literally 100's out there and fans countrywide will be saying "this still works etc" ifollow should expect issues
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Move abroad to watch Argyle Live!   Move abroad to watch Argyle Live! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 3:47 am

There may be hope for some of you...

Dellaclearing on pisspoorpotty wrote:
I just tried, had to reset password to get into iFollow even though I used the correct one from my Player account and was offered to subscribe for £45 a year. I then downloaded a free VPN service, logged in again and this time was offered the season pass for £110 so hopefully this will work.

Poor Ottawa Green..  He always struggles.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Move abroad to watch Argyle Live!   Move abroad to watch Argyle Live! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 1:58 pm

Any news on individual games being available yet? I know they were trying to sell season passes initially, but as the season gets closer shorely they'd want to cash in on fans being away for a few weeks at a time and those fans being willing to pay for access?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Move abroad to watch Argyle Live!   Move abroad to watch Argyle Live! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 8:23 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Any news on individual games being available yet? I know they were trying to sell season passes initially, but as the season gets closer shorely they'd want to cash in on fans being away for a few weeks at a time and those fans being willing to pay for access?

Apparently individual games went on sale today.   The day after I paid for a season pass because I wanted time to get it all 'sorted' - in case things went wrong - before the season started.  Despite the announcement I couldn't find a link to sign up for the single game option, so I might have made the right bet?

I wanted to check it out for "five quid/seven bucks"  for  a single game to see what it was like before commiting for a season pass?  I am guessing more single camera than 'match of the day' with multi cameras?   ...and who is doing the commentary?   That is all important!

Too late now!  In for a penny...

I must admit to being excited about Saturday and what I consider a milestone in the broadcasting of football!!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Move abroad to watch Argyle Live!   Move abroad to watch Argyle Live! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 10:45 am

Rickler wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Apparently individual games went on sale today.   The day after I paid for a season pass because I wanted time to get it all 'sorted' - in case things went wrong - before the season started.  Despite the announcement I couldn't find a link to sign up for the single game option, so I might have made the right bet?

I wanted to check it out for "five quid/seven bucks"  for  a single game to see what it was like before commiting for a season pass?  I am guessing more single camera than 'match of the day' with multi cameras?   ...and who is doing the commentary?   That is all important!

I must admit to being excited about Saturday and what I consider a milestone in the broadcasting of football!!

Happy Days! I'm in Greece for the first 3 games so I'll give it a go too.

Thing is tho this is Argyle. You just know it's all gonna be a tits up farce. lol!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Move abroad to watch Argyle Live!   Move abroad to watch Argyle Live! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 10:50 am

*buffering* Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Move abroad to watch Argyle Live!   Move abroad to watch Argyle Live! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 10:52 am

Rickler wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

You'll be able to shout some "vile & poisonous" abuse at Brent whilst lying on your sun lounger Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Move abroad to watch Argyle Live!   Move abroad to watch Argyle Live! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 11:19 am

In Spain for the Charlton game. Might try to check it out.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Move abroad to watch Argyle Live!   Move abroad to watch Argyle Live! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 02, 2017 12:37 pm

Rickler wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Hi Ricks, I signed up last week now my wifi broadband providers have upped my speed from 4 to 8Mbs (good for here believe me!!) for the same price. It is a single camera feed with NO commentary, presumably there will be audio of crowd noise. If you google for Sunderland's explanation why they are not going the iFollow route you'll learn more.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Move abroad to watch Argyle Live!   Move abroad to watch Argyle Live! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 02, 2017 5:05 pm

I don't understand why there is no commentary? Why not use the audio stream being broadcast to those using that part of the UK ifollow service?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Move abroad to watch Argyle Live!   Move abroad to watch Argyle Live! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 02, 2017 5:17 pm

Rickler wrote:
I don't understand why there is no commentary?  Why not use the audio stream being broadcast to those using that part of the UK ifollow service?

Apart from the obvious reason that the whole set up is tin pot, I'd hazard a guess that audio and video aren't in sync time wise.

Actually they should try it, at least it would add to the comedy value.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Move abroad to watch Argyle Live!   Move abroad to watch Argyle Live! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 02, 2017 5:27 pm

Maybe something to do with a copyright niche of the market to compete with the streaming modbro type thing, with Sky being premium quality, and no commentary legal video at the bottom . The whole internet/media thing is going down a certain path. Gone are the glory days when you either had football or no football, when anyone could pirate in Penzance without so much as a rustle in the trees. It's all about restricting capacity and access unless you stomp up or consume. The internet in Trump's new America is shortly to be throttled for those who don't have a big enough corporate bank account or Google High St frontage. Pay a paltry fiver a month for your website and you'll never be seen again. The internet was an egalitarian wonder and an adventure in the 1980s. Now it's silent movies of men in shorts for a fiver a pop. Big business would ruin Venus if they could get there.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Move abroad to watch Argyle Live!   Move abroad to watch Argyle Live! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 6:56 pm

All turned out to be a rather second rate affair apparently, how was the 'experience' over the pond Ricks?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Move abroad to watch Argyle Live!   Move abroad to watch Argyle Live! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Move abroad to watch Argyle Live!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next