Sir Francis Drake
Les Miserable
Tgwu
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Wife stealer back, It will make you sick Empty
PostSubject: Wife stealer back, It will make you sick   Wife stealer back, It will make you sick EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 8:31 pm

DEREK Adams has proven to be Plymouth Argyle's best manager of the past 30 years and an 'absolutely critical' appointment in the Pilgrims' recovery from administration.

Wife stealer back, It will make you sick 151

That is the view of Argyle president and supporter Chris Webb, who applauded everyone involved with the Home Park outfit for the role they played since financial ruin.

Speaking to Herald Sport after promotion was confirmed against Newport County, Webb said Adams had already proven to be the club's best manager in his time as a fan.

"He's the best. I really, really do think so. Paul Sturrock's a god to Argyle fans, but Derek plays better football than he played," he said.

"In the likes of my time I look at the Shilton side, the nearly men who nearly made it, but Derek, two seasons in a row breaking the club away record, when we were complaining for years and years we couldn't win away.

"He's really got something special about him."

Webb was appointed the club's president in November 2011 after he played a fundamental role in the team which campaigned to keep the Pilgrims afloat after they went into administration earlier that year.

The Communication Workers Union's head of communications is also credited with playing a role in bringing current owner James Brent to Home Park in an effort to save the club from extinction.

And while Webb did not want to single any one person out for the significance of their role in the club's recovery, he did accept Adams's arrival has proved a crucial moment in history.

"I wouldn't want to single anyone out. Everyone has mucked in, but I would say the appointment of Derek Adams was absolutely critical," he said.

"Derek has brought something different to the club, he's brought a winning mentality, he's shaken things up, he's swept through the club like a breath of fresh air and he really is something special.

Players come and go. We've got some great ones this season and no doubt some will go, some will come in, but he is a massive asset, Derek, we've got to keep hold of him."

There was no hint of Webb wishing Argyle to rest on their laurels now, as if this promotion was the end of their ascendancy from administration.

He had told numerous well-wishers on Easter Monday this transition into League One was only the start of a longer journey to the Championship and beyond.

"I've been saying that to people around the ground who have been congratulating the club as if that's it," he said.

"Actually, this has got to be the beginning. We need to rise to at least the Championship and who knows where we can go.

"A lot of teams have done the double promotion or successive, quick promotions from League One and League Two, so why can't we?"

He added: "We will be one of the big clubs in that league. It's not something which is only pertinent to this league, we will be one of the biggest clubs, we will have one of the best supports out there.

"I'm sure the board will support Derek in his endeavours and we can go again."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wife stealer back, It will make you sick   Wife stealer back, It will make you sick EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 8:35 pm

Bollocks is he better than Luggy. But Webb wasn't a fan then so what would he know?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Wife stealer back, It will make you sick   Wife stealer back, It will make you sick EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 8:38 pm

Better than Pulis and Holloway raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Wife stealer back, It will make you sick   Wife stealer back, It will make you sick EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 8:56 pm

"Paul Sturrock's a god to Argyle fans, but Derek plays better football than he played."

Which is:

1) utter bollocks

and

2) proves he didn't see much of Argyle in either era.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Wife stealer back, It will make you sick   Wife stealer back, It will make you sick EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 9:10 pm

im sure that new zealand fella wont object to him being called a cnut.

Del Bhey hasnt achieved what Luggy did. It just proves he knows jackshit about Argyle barr 2011.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Wife stealer back, It will make you sick   Wife stealer back, It will make you sick EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 9:11 pm

As soon as there's a whiff of success up he pops to get his name in the Herald.

Media whore. Embodies everything that's bad about this football club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wife stealer back, It will make you sick   Wife stealer back, It will make you sick EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 9:48 pm

Media whore who uses Argyle as a vehicle for self promotion.

He didn't even know who Garry Nelson is, while doing radio commentary.

Sling ya hook you toothy twat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wife stealer back, It will make you sick   Wife stealer back, It will make you sick EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 9:53 pm

One of several reasons why I boycott Home Park. Some things just cannot be ignored. I'm fussy who I align with.
A Kate Hopkins ? mentality, where attention is the only goal. I would guess that reflects his personality. A self serving fraud. Plenty about, but not usually so noisy.
His thoughts on the football are of course way way stupid. Ride the horse, ride the wave, there's always one hanging around in a group. Darting eyes, lack of rhythm. Think that just about covers it
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Wife stealer back, It will make you sick   Wife stealer back, It will make you sick EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 9:59 pm

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wife stealer back, It will make you sick   Wife stealer back, It will make you sick EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 10:53 pm

Spektakler prose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wife stealer back, It will make you sick   Wife stealer back, It will make you sick EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 11:45 pm

Managers of Argyle in the last 30 years include -

Dave Smith
Neil Warnock
Paul Sturrock
Ian Holloway

And that intellectual amoeba says Derek Adams is better than those guys? The only sort of person who would think that is someone who only started watching Argyle in the last seven years or so...oh wait.

It's the same mentality that saw Oscar Threlkeld voted our best ever right-back (in front of Tony Book, Gordon Nisbet, Mark Patterson etc).

I despair of our club. It has a President with the sex drive of a tomcat, the dress sense of Forrest Gump, and the intelligence of celery. When in the name of God will Brent (or Hallett) wake up and appoint a Club President who's worthy of the title?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wife stealer back, It will make you sick   Wife stealer back, It will make you sick EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 6:33 am

Dave Smith for me all the way.
But then again, I've only been supporting the team for the past 34 years. A mere boy.
lol! popcorn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wife stealer back, It will make you sick   Wife stealer back, It will make you sick EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 8:26 am

Generic Webb bashing aside, it's interviews like above that make so many people think Webb is a total prat. Derek Adams is clearly a very good manager but he isn't better (yet) then Dave Smith, Neil Warnock, Luggy, Pulis or Holloway. His style of football isn't better than Luggy's and it certainly isn't better than Shilton's or Holloway's.

Those are just the managers that I have seen and I totally accept that there were even better ones further back. But it's an example of Webb's arrogance that he will publicise his opinion and not expect to be ridiculed for it by football fans that know a lot more about football.

And of course it's worth adding that Webb has been an infrequent attendee during Adams reign.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Wife stealer back, It will make you sick   Wife stealer back, It will make you sick EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 8:32 am

'Intelligence of celery'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wife stealer back, It will make you sick   Wife stealer back, It will make you sick EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 8:54 am

I don't know where to begin here, so I suppose the beginning will do.

"He's the best. I really, really do think so. Paul Sturrock's a god to Argyle fans, but Derek plays better football than he played," he said.
Its been covered elsewhere but this is clearly bollocks. Some of the football this season has been eyewateringly poor, I'm not saying Sturrock played total football but the vast majority of teams we played his side swatted aside. We finished top with 102 points. Then Sturrock got us promoted again. Ridiculous statement from someone who clearly wasn't there for Sturrock let alone Smith or Waiters

"In the likes of my time I look at the Shilton side, the nearly men who nearly made it, but Derek, two seasons in a row breaking the club away record,."
Come again??

"I wouldn't want to single anyone out. Everyone has mucked in,"
Then don't go to the press and single out Adams, mention other members of staff. Idiot

"Actually, this has got to be the beginning. We need to rise to at least the Championship and who knows where we can go."
History suggests back to the third tier after a few years of struggle

"We will be one of the big clubs in that league. It's not something which is only pertinent to this league, we will be one of the biggest clubs, we will have one of the best supports out there."
And probably the 15th best budget

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Wife stealer back, It will make you sick   Wife stealer back, It will make you sick EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 8:57 am

In short, Webb was initially rewarded with the club Presidency purely for opening up Brents eyes to the possibility of making money out of PAFC via the development of HHP - which of course he fecked up.

You gotta laugh. While we're on about rewards, there's a thread on Pasoti in their 'Story So Far' sub Forum about a thankyou letter Brent gave to Newell. Bearing in mind the threads are 6 years ago, later in the thread Newell goes on about not doing it for any personal gain etc.

Fast forward 6 years and he sits on Brents shoulder in the Directors Box and gets to shuffle around the ticket office no doubt attempting to gather more dossier information.  clown

Last edited by Czarcasm on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Wife stealer back, It will make you sick   Wife stealer back, It will make you sick EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 9:06 am

Hugh Watt wrote:

Its been covered elsewhere but this is clearly bollocks. Some of the football this season has been eyewateringly poor, I'm not saying Sturrock played total football but the vast majority of teams we played his side swatted aside. We finished top with 102 points. Then Sturrock got us promoted again. Ridiculous statement from someone who clearly wasn't there for Sturrock let alone Smith or Waiters

"In the likes of my time I look at the Shilton side, the nearly men who nearly made it, but Derek, two seasons in a row breaking the club away record,."
Come again??

Then don't go to the press and single out Adams, mention other members of staff. Idiot

"Actually, this has got to be the beginning. We need to rise to at least the Championship and who knows where we can go."

"We will be one of the big clubs in that league. It's not something which is only pertinent to this league, we will be one of the biggest clubs, we will have one of the best supports out there."

I may be wide of the mark and giving Errington too much credit. But one thing guaranteed to provide 'hits' and stir debate, is a story that is utter bollocks.

I can picture Errington subconsciously smiling to himself as this went to print. A story guaranteed to stir debate (tick) and expose Webb as a clueless glory hunter (tick). Win win innit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wife stealer back, It will make you sick   Wife stealer back, It will make you sick EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 9:14 am

Exactly, it's the modern way. Although it's not that modern. Early Hollywood columnists are an obvious example. It's a sort of circus or music hall act in print. Just about sums up how low most trade unions have sadly sunk. Time for a NWO. Booooooooooooooooooo. Booooooooooo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wife stealer back, It will make you sick   Wife stealer back, It will make you sick EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 10:22 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Come again??

I may be wide of the mark and giving Errington too much credit. But one thing guaranteed to provide 'hits' and stir debate, is a story that is utter bollocks.

I can picture Errington subconsciously smiling to himself as this went to print. A story guaranteed to stir debate (tick) and expose Webb as a clueless glory hunter (tick). Win win innit.

Partly agree but I think you may be overestimating how many people give a toss about what Webby thinks, especially given that Webby's profile has diminished somewhat recently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wife stealer back, It will make you sick   Wife stealer back, It will make you sick EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 11:50 am

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
'Intelligence of celery'

That's very insulting..............................to celery!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Wife stealer back, It will make you sick   Wife stealer back, It will make you sick EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 12:04 pm

He really is a loathsome cretin god only knows what the ex captains wife finds attractive in the creature....yes you Webb
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Wife stealer back, It will make you sick   Wife stealer back, It will make you sick EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 3:17 pm

It could be she thinks he going to become an MP, when all his baggage goes national he have got no chance.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Wife stealer back, It will make you sick   Wife stealer back, It will make you sick EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 3:50 pm

have there been abuse reports yet ??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wife stealer back, It will make you sick   Wife stealer back, It will make you sick EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 4:08 pm

All quiet here Harves.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Wife stealer back, It will make you sick   Wife stealer back, It will make you sick EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 4:18 pm

he is clueless and doomed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wife stealer back, It will make you sick   Wife stealer back, It will make you sick Empty

Back to top Go down

Wife stealer back, It will make you sick
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next