Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 General Election June 8th 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
PatDunne



Posts : 1316
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:58 pm

plus two Tory Lords imprisoned.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 6187
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 26
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:26 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
Three Labour Members of Parliament jailed for fiddling expenses, not my MP's, hardly world shattering stuff, sounds like small beer anyway....

Again an entirely different situation.

Scumbags did wrong, were prosecuted, convicted and sentenced. Quite right too. Compare and contrast to the current election expenses saga.

Were they the only 3 fiddling their expenses? No. Was it only Labour MPs that were at it? No.


Only 4 MPs faced criminal charges. All Labour.

That's even worse!

Why did David Cameron get away with claiming to have his wisteria trimmed? Or Sajid Javid for claiming for the central heating in his stables so that his horses didn't get chilly? Or Sir Peter Viggers ludicrous duck island? Or Douglas Hogg's moat cleaning?

Anyway the ones who were banged-up, as I said, deserved it. The idea that they were the only ones is somewhat fanciful.

All of which was supposedly dealt with. It's ancient history now.

Unlike the Tory Election Fraud cases currently under consideration will soon have been through the system too instead of seemingly being stuck within it.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 6187
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 26
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:29 pm

PatDunne wrote:
plus two Tory Lords imprisoned.

Crikey!

Are you absolutely sure because Rollo seems to be unaware of this.

It can't possibly be true.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Elias

avatar

Posts : 4870
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:36 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
I've just put £50 at 6-1 on a hung parliament there is going to be massive tactical voting and I might suggest Theresa May has made a bigger faux pas then Cameron did in calling for a referendum

can that faux pas ever be matched?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1316
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:58 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
plus two Tory Lords imprisoned.

Crikey!

Are you absolutely sure because Rollo seems to be unaware of this.

It can't possibly be true.


He stated the MPs were all Labour, which they were, his statement is correct since no Tory MPs were imprisoned.....
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi



Posts : 673
Join date : 2013-04-30

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:13 pm

I was aware that there was also two Tory lords charged. But that wasn't what SFD said.

Skullduggery in high places. Who'd have thought it. They're all at it but just as some banks are too big to fail then so are some politicians.

Blair and Straw spring to mind.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

avatar

Posts : 567
Join date : 2013-08-23

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7531
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:57 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Elias

avatar

Posts : 4870
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:03 pm

how different things would be had brown called an election 6 months after succeeding blair.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

avatar

Posts : 3251
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 53
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:15 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Sinn Fein will never take a seat at Westminster ergo it will never vote on anything nor will it ever coalesce with anybody.

Nor should we forget that it was John Major's government that started the negotiations with Sinn Fiein that eventually resulted in Blair's Good Friday Agreement (predicated on an open border and under-scored by EU law) which has delivered relative peace in Ireland ever since. Corbyn is not the only politician to have talked to Sinn Fein.

Brexit is what threatens the Union. How would you feel if you were Gbraltarian? They voted over-whelmingly to remain British and equally over-whelmingly to stay in the EU. Now they can't do both so whatever happens they have been shafted maybe they'll leave.

There was a majority for remain in Northern Ireland. The North could decide to merge with Eire.

Scotland is champing at the bit for a second Indy Ref.

These are all very real possibilities and they are all in the process of happening right now which is rather more than can be said for Corbyn's chances of forming such a coalition when one of the parties concerned will never take a seat at Westminster under any circumstances.

On the radio the other evening, there were one or two were one suggesting the main battle in Scotland is between the SNP and the Tories (even though the latter has only one MP at present). Is that a fair assessment ?.

Those that called for a united left on the radio did not clarify if it was for a united left in campaigning Labour only or a full-on united left in campaigning and eventual coalition Government.

It could have been the former that they were hinting at. Get the likes of the SNP, Sinn Fein, Greens et al to back Labour candidates and get them voted in to stop the Tories. My original post was aimed more at the former too.






















What is this Sinn Fein nonsense?

1. None of the Tories, Labour or LDs ever stand in Northern Ireland so there's no pact either pro or anti anybody involving Sinn Fein.

2. Sinn Fein never have and never will take their seats at Westminster because to do so they have to swear allegiance to the crown. It just won't happen.

All the rest might. Who knows? Sinn Fein aren't even in the game let alone trying to do deals within it.

All that happens if they win seats is that the total required for a majority by anybody alters a little. That's it. Same for everybody.


Point taken.

I was aware that Sinn Fein will not sit in the house due to their beliefs.

You hear the political comments [ideas] by numerous callers on these radio talk/phone-in shows and the mind wonders off.

The left will not unite because they do not get along with each other apparently.





Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10127
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 4847
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:39 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

avatar

Posts : 10495
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 67
Location : Larnaca, Cyprus

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:47 am

Angry wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well, she's definitely a turkey voting for Christmas. Stupid cow.
Back to top Go down
zyph

avatar

Posts : 8644
Join date : 2014-03-02
Age : 78

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:18 am

Angry wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]



I expect Corbyn was chuffed.....he wasn't expecting to get two votes from that house the way the conversation was going..... Rolling Eyes .
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt
Admin


Posts : 3977
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:31 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Lord Melbury wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Very Happy
For all the good it will do, I should point out that the conservatives have borrowed more since they've been in power than every Labour government combined and that the conservatives have managed a budget surplus on only 3 occasions in their history.

_______________________________________
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @TheOfficial_ATD
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

avatar

Posts : 3251
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 53
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:37 pm

Tony Blair has been commenting on the election and calling for voters not to give May a Brexit blank cheque.

He will put pressure on candidates to declare what thoughts they have towards a mandate May should use to exit, he is supporting a campaign to fund candidates who would like another final vote on the exit deal.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I read somewhere earlier that many Labour supporters will vote for the Tories.


Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Homeslice

avatar

Posts : 1093
Join date : 2015-02-23
Age : 45
Location : Lurking in the shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:51 pm

Angry wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Photoshopped by a Tory spin doctor. The genuine pic shows her giving Corbyn a clenched-fist salute.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Last edited by Homeslice on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi



Posts : 673
Join date : 2013-04-30

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:57 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Tony Blair has been commenting on the election and calling for voters not to give May a Brexit blank cheque.

he is supporting a campaign to fund candidates who would like another final vote on the exit deal.


Which is not quite funding a campaign to support candidates!

How very Labour. Unsurpassed at spending other people's money.
Back to top Go down
Homeslice

avatar

Posts : 1093
Join date : 2015-02-23
Age : 45
Location : Lurking in the shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:05 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Tony Blair has been commenting on the election and calling for voters not to give May a Brexit blank cheque.

he is supporting a campaign to fund candidates who would like another final vote on the exit deal.


Which is not quite funding a campaign to support candidates!

How very Labour. Unsurpassed at spending other people's money.

Well done on sticking to the Tory li(n)e, but the current Government has created more debt than every previous Labour government combined.
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10127
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:01 pm

Homeslice wrote:
Angry wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Photoshopped by a Tory spin doctor. The genuine pic shows her giving Corbyn a clenched-fist salute.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

he'll get the real thing come june 8th when he stands to lose the election michael foot style. Its not hard to see its a fake if you look at her hand as it looks very odd.
Back to top Go down
Homeslice

avatar

Posts : 1093
Join date : 2015-02-23
Age : 45
Location : Lurking in the shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:07 pm

Angry wrote:
Homeslice wrote:
Angry wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Photoshopped by a Tory spin doctor. The genuine pic shows her giving Corbyn a clenched-fist salute.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

he'll get the real thing come june 8th when he stands to lose the election michael foot style. Its not hard to see its a fake if you look at her hand as it looks very odd.

And yet you posted it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10127
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:15 pm

Homeslice wrote:
Angry wrote:
Homeslice wrote:
Angry wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Photoshopped by a Tory spin doctor. The genuine pic shows her giving Corbyn a clenched-fist salute.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

he'll get the real thing come june 8th when he stands to lose the election michael foot style. Its not hard to see its a fake if you look at her hand as it looks very odd.

And yet you posted it anyway.

Yeap because i want to share it on here. I'm sure others can tell its fake as it didnt need to be said really. Again many millions will be giving him a real two finger salute on june 8th which wont be photoshopped as he cant have momentum rigging this election for him
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7531
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:11 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Lord Melbury wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Very Happy
For all the good it will do, I should point out that the conservatives have borrowed more since they've been in power than every Labour government combined and that the conservatives have managed a budget surplus on only 3 occasions in their history.

It did make me smile, but not necessarily because of any political economic stats.

Threads like this obvs come round at times like this, but they are ultimately pointless. Political views are so entrenched, no one is ever going to be 'turned' politically. It's just people trying really hard to make themselves heard and be 'corrector' than others in their beliefs.

Roll on June 9th. clown
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi



Posts : 673
Join date : 2013-04-30

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:30 pm

Homeslice wrote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Tony Blair has been commenting on the election and calling for voters not to give May a Brexit blank cheque.

he is supporting a campaign to fund candidates who would like another final vote on the exit deal.


Which is not quite funding a campaign to support candidates!

How very Labour. Unsurpassed at spending other people's money.

Well done on sticking to the Tory li(n)e, but the current Government has created more debt than every previous Labour government combined.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Although Osborne did inherit a debt repayment interest rate of £500 per second. Bit difficult to cope with I would imagine.

Every Labour Government leaves office with higher unemployment than it begins with.

Why is this?
Back to top Go down
Elias

avatar

Posts : 4870
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:45 pm

When are the fixture s due ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   

Back to top Go down
 
General Election June 8th 2017
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Most likely result of the general election in 2015?
» Hashtag politics and the general election
» 2015 general election: “I will vote for……because……”
» General Election Discussion - before and after the event
» Eastleigh Election .....who will win.?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: