Argyle Ladies coming Home!

Go down 
+2
Czarcasm
LondonGreen
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Argyle Ladies coming Home! Empty
PostSubject: Argyle Ladies coming Home!   Argyle Ladies coming Home! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:48 am

The Trust has approached James Brent and secured an agreement for their upcoming game with Tottenham on Sun 19th Feb to be played at Home Park.

More info here: Argyle Ladies coming Home!

A great chance for everyone to get behind them, to give them a fabulous day to remember and hopefully help ensure their future is more closely coupled with the club!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Ladies coming Home!   Argyle Ladies coming Home! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:10 pm

When i say this, It's not a personal attack, Tim. & I would have posted it on Pasoti, but i would get slaughtered!

Am i the only one, who really just doesnt care in the slightest abour the argyle ladies?
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Ladies coming Home!   Argyle Ladies coming Home! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:14 pm

monti czardas wrote:
When i say this, It's not a personal attack, Tim. & I would have posted it on Pasoti, but i would get slaughtered!

Am i the only one, who really just doesnt care in the slightest abour the argyle ladies?

Careful Laughing jocolor
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Ladies coming Home!   Argyle Ladies coming Home! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:21 pm

monti czardas wrote:

No you're not.

It may seem harsh, but them having the Argyle name is a total irrelevance as far as the football club and team we all follow, is concerned.

Sorry ladies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Ladies coming Home!   Argyle Ladies coming Home! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:17 pm

I'm sure you're not the only two people with that view. That's why there's still Olympic women's final tickets left now when the men's tickets sold out immediately.

But for many people it'll a great opportunity to find out more about Argyle Ladies, to give them some support, and to help promote the women's game in the area.

Come along, you never know you might just be surprised Wink
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Ladies coming Home!   Argyle Ladies coming Home! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:24 pm

Do they swap shirts at the end?

Could get a few more in for that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Ladies coming Home!   Argyle Ladies coming Home! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:29 pm

monti czardas wrote:

No you're not, I see no connection with "Argyle" other then then name, next the Trust will be buying up properties in Argyle Terrace to save them from disrepair!

However, removal of shirts would I'm sure, spark an interest!
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Ladies coming Home!   Argyle Ladies coming Home! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:32 pm

Well I'm glad a couple of others have posted what they think. I was afraid I would get slaughtered for saying I couldn't give a monkey's either. Who outside the players family and immediate friends could give a stuff. Sorry, if that seems harsh but it'sjust how I feel and probably 90% of other Argyle fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Ladies coming Home!   Argyle Ladies coming Home! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:37 pm

It's hard enough getting up a head of steam for the mens' team. jocolor
Pointless, and pure window dressing to appease who ?
In a way it's all been a bit patronising in my personal opinion... are women now regarded as some sort of disavantaged demographic group ?
Have I fallen asleep and woken up in 1886 ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Ladies coming Home!   Argyle Ladies coming Home! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:55 pm

Well, even if your prediction is right and just the other 10% turn up, it'll be a decent crowd!

The Trust has quite a wide range of objectives based on the rules it adopted from Supporters Direct. One of those is "promoting encouraging and furthering the game of football as a recreational facility, sporting activity and focus for community involvement", and promoting women's football is part of that.

I don't dispute the Trust has more important objectives regarding the main club, and I'm confident the new Board will launch into those once the election is done with and they have the mandate to do so. In the meantime the Trust will be supporting other activities and this is an example of one of those.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Ladies coming Home!   Argyle Ladies coming Home! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:32 pm

Love the responses on here, compared to pasoti!

And Tim, thanks, i might pop along to one in the future
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Ladies coming Home!   Argyle Ladies coming Home! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 4:07 pm

monti czardas wrote:

But Monti virtually every post on there is either Nool, Webb, the OP, people directly involved with the ladies team or an ex employee of the club, not your common and garden fans exactly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Ladies coming Home!   Argyle Ladies coming Home! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:00 pm

swampy wrote:
monti czardas wrote:

But Monti virtually every post on there is either Nool, Webb, the OP, people directly involved with the ladies team or an ex employee of the club, not your common and garden fans exactly.

There's no auctions though. flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Ladies coming Home!   Argyle Ladies coming Home! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:25 pm

As far as I can see no one has given a crap about he ladies team up until now, so there is no need to go on the defensive about still not giving a crap about them. Good luck to them but it looks more like another distraction from how dire things are on the pitch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Ladies coming Home!   Argyle Ladies coming Home! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:33 pm

I do however, think we should get behind them.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Ladies coming Home!   Argyle Ladies coming Home! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:34 pm

Any photos ? Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Ladies coming Home!   Argyle Ladies coming Home! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:35 pm

Of me?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Ladies coming Home!   Argyle Ladies coming Home! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:43 pm

Only if you want to. pale
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Ladies coming Home!   Argyle Ladies coming Home! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:58 pm

<cough> Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Ladies coming Home!   Argyle Ladies coming Home! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:07 pm

Someone explain to me, where to PA Ladies play?

Do they have any connection with the club at all?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Ladies coming Home!   Argyle Ladies coming Home! EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:52 am

Who says brent isn't doing anything? The ladies team playing at Home Park! What more could we ask of a Chairman when we're rock bottom of the football league well into the business end of the season jocolor jocolor jocolor cheers cheers cheers

FFS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Ladies coming Home!   Argyle Ladies coming Home! Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle Ladies coming Home!
Page 1 of 1