Freathy

Wycombe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe   Wycombe - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 9:34 pm

green438 wrote:
Freathy wrote:
green438 wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Whatever

If I become ludicrously positive like GreenArmy24 on pasoti we'll still be L2 shit next season.

Or you could just accept where we are and get behind the team ? Do you even go to games or just one of those dicks that moans abou... Do you know what...you moan away you sad act.

Have a go at your beloved brent.  He's made Argo shit by not investing any of the FA Cup money in January, not me.

I don't rate Brent at all. I hope he sells up and fecks off ASAP but posting about how shit we are etc etc. It's just boring mate. I SUPPORT Argyle. We've been shit before, we are shit now but I live in hope that we will one day be like Leicester and do the unthinkable. Will we do under Brent ? Doubt it. I hope we do though because it would be feckin great.
Anyway, your a boring feck so bore off.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Wycombe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe   Wycombe - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 9:36 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Ainsworth has sussed that Adams is a one trick pony, with no plan b.

Didn't everyone notice that with the playoffs last year ?
We need a plan b but Adams doesnt seem to have one
Back to top Go down

Wycombe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe   Wycombe - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 9:39 pm

some fans are going to be happy tonight we got the draw they wanted while all the other teams all win cause thats the stent of their ambition and probably argyles too. they are closing the gap and in doncaster's case running away.

im going to say it now congrats to Doncaster for winning League 2 title. Im very confident we will not catch them at all if they do ill get an argyle tattoo. Tempted to say we will finish 3rd aswell.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Wycombe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe   Wycombe - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 9:42 pm

Long way to go yet. Seriously doubt we'll finish in the top 3.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Wycombe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe   Wycombe - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 9:46 pm

Freathy wrote:
Long way to go yet.  Seriously doubt we'll finish in the top 3.

Sleep zzzzzzzz
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Wycombe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe   Wycombe - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 9:46 pm

Angry wrote:
some fans are going to be happy tonight we got the draw they wanted while all the other teams all win cause thats the stent of their ambition and probably argyles too. they are closing the gap and in doncaster's case running away.

im going to say it now congrats to Doncaster for winning League 2 title. Im very confident we will not catch them at all if they do ill get an argyle tattoo. Tempted to say we will finish 3rd aswell.

Who were the other teams closing the gap, other than Portsmouth? Stevenage lost and Luton and Carlisle carved each other up. Couldn't give a shit about the championship personally, all that matters is finishing above that fourth place and getting out of this division-that certainly isn't a lack of ambition, more one of a hopeful building block. It was a reasonable point tonight which supplemented the win at Mansfield-surely nobody could complain about four points from two away games?
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Wycombe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe   Wycombe - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 9:49 pm

Disappointing result in some ways, but the gap to 4th place remains at 10 points with 9 games to go.

Stout knees you surrender monkeys cheers
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Wycombe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe   Wycombe - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 10:00 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Disappointing result in some ways, but the gap to 4th place remains at 10 points with 9 games to go.

Stout knees you surrender monkeys  cheers

And ultimately that is the only stat that counts. Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down

Wycombe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe   Wycombe - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 10:03 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:

Who were the other teams closing the gap, other than Portsmouth? Stevenage lost and Luton and Carlisle carved each other up. Couldn't give a shit about the championship personally, all that matters is finishing above that fourth place and getting out of this division-that certainly isn't a lack of ambition, more one of a hopeful building block. It was a reasonable point tonight which supplemented the win at Mansfield-surely nobody could complain about four points from two away games?

It stinks of a lack of any ambition to be happy to come 2nd or 3rd when 1st was ripe for the picking (its not now) that's why teams are in professional sport. its the winning not the taking part that counts in pro sport.

Pompey are in top form and have to play us at fratton and could take over us very soon if we dont get back to winning ways. 10 points isnt alot to close down if argyle struggle to win 4 - 5 needed to make promotion certain and at the moment our form is going to take that right down to the wire.

im sure we will go up but i rather we went up in style rather than limp over the line. I fear grately for this team in league one next season under brent so whatever happens its not going to be pretty.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Wycombe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe   Wycombe - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 10:07 pm

Freathy wrote:
We all want to see Argo win FFS.

That's just it though. I honestly think you enjoy seeing them lose so that you can say how shit they are.

Have you even ever celebrated a goal this season on a matchday thread? You follow the threads intensely - you say how shit we are about 45 times yet when Argyle score you go quiet. Geez, WE ALL hate Brent. But when it gets so bad you can't enjoy Argyle scoring/winning, it really is time to take up something else.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Wycombe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe   Wycombe - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 10:22 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Freathy wrote:

That's just it though. I honestly think you enjoy seeing them lose so that you can say how shit they are.

Have you even ever celebrated a goal this season on a matchday thread? You follow the threads intensely - you say how shit we are about 45 times yet when Argyle score you go quiet. Geez, WE ALL hate Brent. But when it gets so bad you can't enjoy Argyle scoring/winning, it really is time to take up something else.

I say we're shit because we are shit. This has never felt remotely like a promotion season and still doesn't. The team is terrible. If we somehow scrape promotion we'll be straight back down again if brent doesn't go - which he won't.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Wycombe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe   Wycombe - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 10:27 pm

Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:

It stinks of a lack of any ambition to be happy to come 2nd or 3rd when 1st was ripe for the picking (its not now) that's why teams are in professional sport. its the winning not the taking part that counts in pro sport.

Pompey are in top form and have to play us at fratton and could take over us very soon if we dont get back to winning ways. 10 points isnt alot to close down if argyle struggle to win 4 - 5 needed to make promotion certain and at the moment our form is going to take that right down to the wire.

im sure we will go up but i rather we went up in style rather than limp over the line. I fear grately for this team in league one next season under brent so whatever happens its not going to be pretty.

Everyone would want Argyle to win the title, of course they would. But after seven years in this God awful division [and that is coming from someone who was brought up in an era when Argyle being in the fourth tier in the first place was utterly fecking unthinkable], then if Argyle go up in third place the feeling would be more one of profound relief rather than disappointment at missing out on a title, great though winning it would be. Nobody gave a flying feck that Argyle failed to win their divisional title in 1974/75, 1985/96 or in Warnock's season and I suspect that exactly the same would be the case now. I agree that the mettle of Brent and the board will be tested if Argyle do go up and I harbour as many doubts as anyone else on that score but the target for now is promotion, anything else is a bonus.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Wycombe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe   Wycombe - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 10:37 pm

Freathy wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Freathy wrote:

I say we're shit because we are shit.  This has never felt remotely like a promotion season and still doesn't.  The team is terrible. If we somehow scrape promotion we'll be straight back down again if brent doesn't go - which he won't.

The mindset that there's no point going up because we'll come straight back down is really quite sad. Even if it happened, not being able to enjoy and celebrate the 'going up' bit makes the whole process of following Argyle utterly pointless.

I'm very much a pessimist - it actually annoys me because I recognise it, and wish I weren't! But you really are different gravy.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Wycombe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe   Wycombe - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 10:42 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Freathy wrote:

I say we're shit because we are shit.  This has never felt remotely like a promotion season and still doesn't.  The team is terrible. If we somehow scrape promotion we'll be straight back down again if brent doesn't go - which he won't.

The mindset that there's no point going up because we'll come straight back down is really quite sad. Even if it happened, not being able to enjoy and celebrate the 'going up' bit makes the whole process of following Argyle utterly pointless.

I'm very much a pessimist - it actually annoys me because I recognise it, and wish I weren't! But you really are different gravy.

Enjoy the ride you mean. Nah I'll wait for a better time - and when it happens I'll know it. Until then....
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Wycombe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe   Wycombe - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 10:57 pm

Freathy wrote:
green438 wrote:
Freathy wrote:
green438 wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Whatever

If I become ludicrously positive like GreenArmy24 on pasoti we'll still be L2 shit next season.

Or you could just accept where we are and get behind the team ? Do you even go to games or just one of those dicks that moans abou... Do you know what...you moan away you sad act.

Have a go at your beloved brent.  He's made Argo shit by not investing any of the FA Cup money in January, not me.

I don't rate Brent at all. I hope he sells up and fecks off ASAP but posting about how shit we are etc etc. It's just boring mate. I SUPPORT Argyle. We've been shit before, we are shit now but I live in hope that we will one day be like Leicester and do the unthinkable. Will we do under Brent ? Doubt it. I hope we do though because it would be feckin great.
Anyway, your a boring feck so bore off.

cheers

Do I detect the hint of a bite?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Wycombe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe   Wycombe - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 11:32 pm

Did exactly what I hoped for and avoided defeat and Carlisle and Luton carved each other up.
Looking good and whilst table says 10 points in front make that effectively 11 because of goal difference over Carlisle in 4th.....Games are running out for teams in 4th and 5th what with that points gap.....I have no doubts we'll go up then the hard work starts as this team would be crucified in a higher division
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

Wycombe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe   Wycombe - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 11:48 pm

Almost home after a fair few beers and the usual disjointed trip to Adams Park. Just not possible to spend long enough in any one pub, godammit.

First half woeful. Anti-football from both sides, with Argyle being bullied into that mode of play. Wycombe finish for the opener was a class strike from a great ball in. 2nd half saw us start to win many more of the 50/50 balls and credit to the team for winning the ugly battles and trying to play. The equaliser was coming an deserved. Last 20, we looked far more likely to win. On this evidence, the side are scratching their way up and difficult to see anyone catching them from 4th down with 9 games left.

Pompey on fire but who cares? Promotion is all. Yeah, we need to be concerned about thriving in League One but the battle needs to be won here and now first.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Wycombe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe   Wycombe - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 11:50 pm

I went to the game tonight and I found it very entertaining.
We gifted them their goal by concentrating on Akinfeckingfenwa and letting another slip in behind to slot the ball home.
A lot of pushing and play acting by Wycombe and the Ref let it happen first half. He did a bit better second half when he started booking them for some quite unreal fouls and falling down as if they have been studded at the knee by an Argyle player.
Pleased Blissett scored and he could have got a second. He played really well in my opinion and my only criticism of him is he is a little light weight.

Our best player for me was James Spencer.

Saw James Brent, I think Tony Wrathall and their special friend sitting with the great unwashed in the away end.

Greenman pilot was near by aswell.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Wycombe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe   Wycombe - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 12:40 am

5 wins will be enough.
Freathy has a point we don't look like a promotion side. Saturday apart from two free kicks was dreadful. Accrington was dire.
We give away too many chances to our opponents.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Wycombe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe   Wycombe - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 2:38 am

Elias wrote:
5 wins will be enough.
Freathy has a point we don't look like a promotion side. Saturday apart from two free kicks was dreadful. Accrington was dire.
We give away too many chances to our opponents.

I'd say 4 wins would be more than enough plus couple draws. Puts us on 83.....For 4th and 5th to catch us they'd need 24 and 25 points from 9/10 games to catch us. Simply not going to happen
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Wycombe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe   Wycombe - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 5:15 am

Reckon we'll get over the line now. What I find most interesting is how the club deals with salary/contract offers for the players it wants to keep. You can rest assured that most will receive offers from elsewhere.Having a consistent 'spine' will be crucial if we are to avoid a season of struggle.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Wycombe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe   Wycombe - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 8:03 am

Some of these comments that we're as good as up is giving me terrible dejavu. Very long way to go with 27 points still to play for. Especially when we're totally reliant on all the teams currently in the play-off places being consistently as poor as us.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Wycombe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe   Wycombe - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 8:07 am

It is time for Plymouth Argyle to get out of League Two says Wycombe Wanderers boss Gareth Ainsworth

It is time for Plymouth Argyle to get out of League Two after years at the top of the table, according to Wycombe Wanderers boss Gareth Ainsworth.

The two teams drew 1-1 at Adams Park on Tuesday night as a goal from Nathan Blissett in the second half cancelled out the opener from Myles Weston.

But Ainsworth was quick to point out that after three years around the top of the table, that it was time for the Pilgrims to clinch promotion.

"We were at home and I know that people want us to win at home but it is Plymouth Argyle," said the 43-year-old.

"They have been at the top of the league for three years now, it is about time they probably got out of this league.

"They have got a big budget and they have some big, big players as well.

"They were putting on giants at the end there and playing very direct and going for set plays.

"You have to stand up and battle against that, but I am pleased."

The Chairboys were the better team in the first half as Argyle struggled to create many scoring opportunities.

Dominic Gape had a good chance to put the home side 2-0 up but failed to capitalise from the aerial ball.

But Ainsworth did not think it was two points dropped and took plenty of positives from the game.

"The first half went really well, I thought we sustained attacks and across the whole game we have had the better chances in the game.

"I think Jamal [Blackman] has tipped one over the bar and there was the header from the corner which loops in.

"There are details that I need to iron out in private, I won't make them public, but we have to defend that better and we have a way of doing that.

"We didn't do that [on Tuesday night] and that is disappointing.

"But on the plus side Dominic's chance is a great chance to win the game. Will [de Havilland] had a chance when he came on.

"Their keeper has been busier than ours, I am pleased.

"In the first half we had chances where there were desperate blocks by the Plymouth players and fair play, that is what they are there for and that is what they get paid for.

"They done well and there were a couple of good saves from [Luke] McCormick.
Back to top Go down

Wycombe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe   Wycombe - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 8:34 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Freathy wrote:

It all depends on what one supports. Is it the club, the legal entity, or the players, the management, or the owners, the badge, Home Park, the history, the weekly excuse for a few pints ?
We're not all the same, and have differing reasons for supporting or not supporting the present so-called Plymouth Argyle. Defining how that support should manifest itself is the self appointed role of Newell and like minds, not ATD.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Wycombe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe   Wycombe - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 8:37 am

Interesting that Ainsworth assumes/believes we have a big budget
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wycombe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe   Wycombe - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wycombe
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next