Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Argo v Mansfield match thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Angry

avatar

Posts : 9855
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Mansfield match thread.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:01 pm

Still wycombe on tuesday to get back on form for Argyle. Up then down
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4440
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 57
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Mansfield match thread.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:15 pm

And so the weird roller coaster continues.10 point gap now between Argyle and fourth place, which is the only matter of importance. Carlisle and Luton seem to be screwing up at home in exactly the same way as Argyle, Stevenage moving up fast-could be the danger to emerge from the pack. Good result today, well done to DA and the team-a draw would be OK on Tuesday to consolidate the position.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull

avatar

Posts : 2140
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 60
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Mansfield match thread.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:21 pm

What a very satisfying afternoon, England thrashing the Jocks , Argo ten points clear, Gulls winning in the 90th minute and shitty going down to the Stanley.
Doesn't get much better.
cheers Banana drunken
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1424
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 67
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Mansfield match thread.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:39 pm

After Tuesday thank god for that result, excellent
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 9855
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Mansfield match thread.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:06 pm

Greenskin wrote:
And so the weird roller coaster continues.10 point gap now between Argyle and fourth place, which is the only matter of importance. Carlisle and Luton seem to be screwing up at home in exactly the same way as Argyle, Stevenage moving up fast-could be the danger to emerge from the pack. Good result today, well done to DA and the team-a draw would be OK on Tuesday to consolidate the position.

i rather we chased and caught doncaster and let the rest take care of itself which it will then think about the rest and aim for 2nd or 3rd
Back to top Go down
Freathy

avatar

Posts : 3737
Join date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Mansfield match thread.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:15 pm

Didn't bother to look at the score until England had finished thrashing the Scots. I assumed we lost.

Anyway too little too late. Wycombe on Tuesday will end any nonsense talk of promotion.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4440
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 57
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Mansfield match thread.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:21 pm

Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
And so the weird roller coaster continues.10 point gap now between Argyle and fourth place, which is the only matter of importance. Carlisle and Luton seem to be screwing up at home in exactly the same way as Argyle, Stevenage moving up fast-could be the danger to emerge from the pack. Good result today, well done to DA and the team-a draw would be OK on Tuesday to consolidate the position.

i rather we chased and caught doncaster and let the rest take care of itself which it will then think about the rest and aim for 2nd or 3rd

Either or, it doesn't really matter. Each game as it comes is a well worn cliché but it's become a cliché because it's true.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull

avatar

Posts : 2140
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 60
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Mansfield match thread.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:26 pm

Freathy wrote:
Didn't bother to look at the score until England had finished thrashing the Scots.  I assumed we lost.

Anyway too little too late.  Wycombe on Tuesday will end any nonsense talk of promotion.
laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7380
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Mansfield match thread.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:27 pm

Freathy wrote:
Obviously an easy win for Mansfield.  I would say condolences to any Argo fans who have travelled to this - but they've only got themselves to blame.

Just on the train back now, blaming myself mercilessly for a cracking day out.

clown drunken
Back to top Go down
Jon L



Posts : 160
Join date : 2012-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Mansfield match thread.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:32 pm

Post Match comments
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 3165
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Mansfield match thread.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:34 pm

akagreengull wrote:
What a very satisfying afternoon, England thrashing the Jocks , Argo ten points clear, Gulls winning in the 90th minute and shitty going down to the Stanley.
Doesn't get much better.
cheers Banana drunken
Great day indeed bhey, England, were fantastic argo, a pleasant suprise Torquay, a shock and exeter, back to being shit again. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

avatar

Posts : 3092
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 52
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Mansfield match thread.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:49 pm

Greenskin wrote:
And so the weird roller coaster continues.10 point gap now between Argyle and fourth place, which is the only matter of importance. Carlisle and Luton seem to be screwing up at home in exactly the same way as Argyle, Stevenage moving up fast-could be the danger to emerge from the pack. Good result today, well done to DA and the team-a draw would be OK on Tuesday to consolidate the position.


It is.

Three points is three points.

A tough game awaits on Tuesday night at Wycombe though.

The top of the table looks interesting. Donny, Argyle and Portsmouth have got to be the odds on to go up now with ten games remaining and each side probably knowing what they need points wise.




Interesting stats from the trip to Mansfield.

Possession
Home57% Away43%

Shots
Home18 Away3

Shots on Target
Home8 Away2

Corners
Home 8Away1

Fouls
Home17 Away12


Last edited by VillageGreen on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

avatar

Posts : 3092
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 52
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Mansfield match thread.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:50 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
What a very satisfying afternoon, England thrashing the Jocks , Argo ten points clear, Gulls winning in the 90th minute and shitty going down to the Stanley.
Doesn't get much better.
cheers Banana drunken
Great day indeed bhey, England, were fantastic argo, a pleasant suprise Torquay, a shock and exeter, back to being shit again. cheers cheers cheers





Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2016-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Mansfield match thread.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:20 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
And so the weird roller coaster continues.10 point gap now between Argyle and fourth place, which is the only matter of importance. Carlisle and Luton seem to be screwing up at home in exactly the same way as Argyle, Stevenage moving up fast-could be the danger to emerge from the pack. Good result today, well done to DA and the team-a draw would be OK on Tuesday to consolidate the position.


It is.

Three points is three points.

A tough game awaits on Tuesday night at Wycombe though.

The top of the table looks interesting. Donny, Argyle and Portsmouth have got to be the odds on to go up now with ten games remaining and each side probably knowing what they need points wise.




Any away game, wherever it is, must be regarded as a better opportunity for a win for Argyle at the moment. We should expect to beat Wycombe on Tuesday in the way we would traditionally look to win at home. It would take us over 70 points too, which would be psychologically pleasing for everyone.

Looked at objectively, very difficult to see us not in the top 3 after 10 more games.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

avatar

Posts : 8804
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 68
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Mansfield match thread.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:27 pm

Evans unhappy with Argyle boss after defeat


Plymouth Argyle boss Derek Adams left Mansfield town manager Steve Evans fuming after allegedly telling Evans that Adams felt he was the best manager outside the Premier League. Adams certainly saw a different game to everyone else in the stadium as his side won 2-0 with their only two efforts on target midway through the second half, having survived a battering from Mansfield, but then said Stags hadn’t had a shot on target, despite them having eight. An angry Evans said: “We absolutely slaughtered them, yet at half-time their manager tells us all he’s the best manager outside the Premier League! Strange how people see it isn’t it? That is hard to palate. “He failed last year and he’s got a huge budget this year. “It was a big result for him today so we’ll give him the credit. “But you can’t tell people you’re the best in the business. I wonder why he’s not managing Scotland? “It’s the lowest I’ve felt since I became gaffer here. We didn’t deserve that. But then again we’ve come up against the best manager in British football, so he told everybody! “I’m not being funny, it’s probably the best Mansfield have played here in five years with the quality of football against Plymouth, who are a very good team that we’ve made look like a bad team today. “Their manager will probably say something different and will talk about character and that stuff. But he can say what he likes. He normally talks nonsense anyway. “If I had been here at the start of the season or like at Plymouth last year with their resources, we’d be in League One. “We were outstanding today and just got done by two set plays though some big-headed person will be taking credit for that.” Adams said: “It was an outstanding performance from start to finish, our best of the season. “The 11 who started the game and the 11 who finished the game were terrific. “Mansfield did not have any chances on target, which was good from our point of view. They didn’t really trouble us all afternoon. “We were dominant defending and from start to finish it was a top-class performance from a group of players who have done exceptionally well this season. “Graham Carey is the best player in the league, there is no doubt about it. “He has got the ability to play, he is without doubt the most talented, creative. He has played a lot of games this season and has a lot of assists and a lot of goals. He is the best player in this league. “He has done well for us, but the other players in the team and the substitutes did well also.” He continued: “To come here on the run that Mansfield have been on and keep a clean sheet and score two goals against them tells you how good an afternoon it was. It was just a thoroughly top-class performance. “The fans who were here were exceptional. The backing they gave us from start to finish just shows you that if you give your team the backing they did today, the players really respond to that.”

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 3165
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Mansfield match thread.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:42 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Evans unhappy with Argyle boss after defeat


Plymouth Argyle boss Derek Adams left Mansfield town manager Steve Evans fuming after allegedly telling Evans that Adams felt he was the best manager outside the Premier League. Adams certainly saw a different game to everyone else in the stadium as his side won 2-0 with their only two efforts on target midway through the second half, having survived a battering from Mansfield, but then said Stags hadn’t had a shot on target, despite them having eight. An angry Evans said: “We absolutely slaughtered them, yet at half-time their manager tells us all he’s the best manager outside the Premier League! Strange how people see it isn’t it? That is hard to palate. “He failed last year and he’s got a huge budget this year. “It was a big result for him today so we’ll give him the credit. “But you can’t tell people you’re the best in the business. I wonder why he’s not managing Scotland? “It’s the lowest I’ve felt since I became gaffer here. We didn’t deserve that. But then again we’ve come up against the best manager in British football, so he told everybody! “I’m not being funny, it’s probably the best Mansfield have played here in five years with the quality of football against Plymouth, who are a very good team that we’ve made look like a bad team today. “Their manager will probably say something different and will talk about character and that stuff. But he can say what he likes. He normally talks nonsense anyway. “If I had been here at the start of the season or like at Plymouth last year with their resources, we’d be in League One. “We were outstanding today and just got done by two set plays though some big-headed person will be taking credit for that.” Adams said: “It was an outstanding performance from start to finish, our best of the season. “The 11 who started the game and the 11 who finished the game were terrific. “Mansfield did not have any chances on target, which was good from our point of view. They didn’t really trouble us all afternoon. “We were dominant defending and from start to finish it was a top-class performance from a group of players who have done exceptionally well this season. “Graham Carey is the best player in the league, there is no doubt about it. “He has got the ability to play, he is without doubt the most talented, creative. He has played a lot of games this season and has a lot of assists and a lot of goals. He is the best player in this league. “He has done well for us, but the other players in the team and the substitutes did well also.” He continued: “To come here on the run that Mansfield have been on and keep a clean sheet and score two goals against them tells you how good an afternoon it was. It was just a thoroughly top-class performance. “The fans who were here were exceptional. The backing they gave us from start to finish just shows you that if you give your team the backing they did today, the players really respond to that.”

Not sure what to make of that, is Evans, really bitter or is Adams, really deluded? if argo fail again i would like to see Evans as manager at Hp next season.
Back to top Go down
Elias

avatar

Posts : 4751
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Mansfield match thread.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:01 pm

Weird story I must say-
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7380
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Mansfield match thread.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:12 pm

Evans is responding largely to Adams comments, which were fully intended to (successfully) wind Evans up.

Mission accomplished.
Back to top Go down
Elias

avatar

Posts : 4751
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Mansfield match thread.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:36 pm

What's evans on about , best they've played since he arrived Jesus !
Back to top Go down
akagreengull

avatar

Posts : 2140
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 60
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Mansfield match thread.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:37 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Evans unhappy with Argyle boss after defeat


Plymouth Argyle boss Derek Adams left Mansfield town manager Steve Evans fuming after allegedly telling Evans that Adams felt he was the best manager outside the Premier League. Adams certainly saw a different game to everyone else in the stadium as his side won 2-0 with their only two efforts on target midway through the second half, having survived a battering from Mansfield, but then said Stags hadn’t had a shot on target, despite them having eight. An angry Evans said: “We absolutely slaughtered them, yet at half-time their manager tells us all he’s the best manager outside the Premier League! Strange how people see it isn’t it? That is hard to palate. “He failed last year and he’s got a huge budget this year. “It was a big result for him today so we’ll give him the credit. “But you can’t tell people you’re the best in the business. I wonder why he’s not managing Scotland? “It’s the lowest I’ve felt since I became gaffer here. We didn’t deserve that. But then again we’ve come up against the best manager in British football, so he told everybody! “I’m not being funny, it’s probably the best Mansfield have played here in five years with the quality of football against Plymouth, who are a very good team that we’ve made look like a bad team today. “Their manager will probably say something different and will talk about character and that stuff. But he can say what he likes. He normally talks nonsense anyway. “If I had been here at the start of the season or like at Plymouth last year with their resources, we’d be in League One. “We were outstanding today and just got done by two set plays though some big-headed person will be taking credit for that.” Adams said: “It was an outstanding performance from start to finish, our best of the season. “The 11 who started the game and the 11 who finished the game were terrific. “Mansfield did not have any chances on target, which was good from our point of view. They didn’t really trouble us all afternoon. “We were dominant defending and from start to finish it was a top-class performance from a group of players who have done exceptionally well this season. “Graham Carey is the best player in the league, there is no doubt about it. “He has got the ability to play, he is without doubt the most talented, creative. He has played a lot of games this season and has a lot of assists and a lot of goals. He is the best player in this league. “He has done well for us, but the other players in the team and the substitutes did well also.” He continued: “To come here on the run that Mansfield have been on and keep a clean sheet and score two goals against them tells you how good an afternoon it was. It was just a thoroughly top-class performance. “The fans who were here were exceptional. The backing they gave us from start to finish just shows you that if you give your team the backing they did today, the players really respond to that.”

Not sure what to make of that, is Evans, really bitter or is Adams, really deluded? if argo fail again i would like to see Evans as manager at Hp next season.

Are you for real Suffers? Evans is a foul mouthed bully and misogynist of the highest order, just look at his history and the complaints against him,
and a notorious bad loser, so no surprise he is angry and talking crap. If Adams has pissed him off  - good, jeez!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4440
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 57
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Mansfield match thread.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:38 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Evans is responding largely to Adams comments, which were fully intended to (successfully) wind Evans up.

Mission accomplished.

Absolutely- straight sets,6-0,6-0,6-0. lol! Not quite a Keeganesque reaction from Evans but fecking hilarious none the less.
Back to top Go down
Elias

avatar

Posts : 4751
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Mansfield match thread.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:41 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Elias wrote:
Even game, mansfield had two good chances carey close with free kick

Even game?
Playing like donkeys again, Alex Mc Donald (remember him) running rings around Sawyer.
deadhorse


No, they were playing down on left side as weakness with donaldson ? covering in early stages
Back to top Go down
Elias

avatar

Posts : 4751
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Mansfield match thread.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:58 pm

Nick warren was in the away end.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 3165
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Mansfield match thread.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:21 pm

akagreengull wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Evans unhappy with Argyle boss after defeat


Plymouth Argyle boss Derek Adams left Mansfield town manager Steve Evans fuming after allegedly telling Evans that Adams felt he was the best manager outside the Premier League. Adams certainly saw a different game to everyone else in the stadium as his side won 2-0 with their only two efforts on target midway through the second half, having survived a battering from Mansfield, but then said Stags hadn’t had a shot on target, despite them having eight. An angry Evans said: “We absolutely slaughtered them, yet at half-time their manager tells us all he’s the best manager outside the Premier League! Strange how people see it isn’t it? That is hard to palate. “He failed last year and he’s got a huge budget this year. “It was a big result for him today so we’ll give him the credit. “But you can’t tell people you’re the best in the business. I wonder why he’s not managing Scotland? “It’s the lowest I’ve felt since I became gaffer here. We didn’t deserve that. But then again we’ve come up against the best manager in British football, so he told everybody! “I’m not being funny, it’s probably the best Mansfield have played here in five years with the quality of football against Plymouth, who are a very good team that we’ve made look like a bad team today. “Their manager will probably say something different and will talk about character and that stuff. But he can say what he likes. He normally talks nonsense anyway. “If I had been here at the start of the season or like at Plymouth last year with their resources, we’d be in League One. “We were outstanding today and just got done by two set plays though some big-headed person will be taking credit for that.” Adams said: “It was an outstanding performance from start to finish, our best of the season. “The 11 who started the game and the 11 who finished the game were terrific. “Mansfield did not have any chances on target, which was good from our point of view. They didn’t really trouble us all afternoon. “We were dominant defending and from start to finish it was a top-class performance from a group of players who have done exceptionally well this season. “Graham Carey is the best player in the league, there is no doubt about it. “He has got the ability to play, he is without doubt the most talented, creative. He has played a lot of games this season and has a lot of assists and a lot of goals. He is the best player in this league. “He has done well for us, but the other players in the team and the substitutes did well also.” He continued: “To come here on the run that Mansfield have been on and keep a clean sheet and score two goals against them tells you how good an afternoon it was. It was just a thoroughly top-class performance. “The fans who were here were exceptional. The backing they gave us from start to finish just shows you that if you give your team the backing they did today, the players really respond to that.”

Not sure what to make of that, is Evans, really bitter or is Adams, really deluded? if argo fail again i would like to see Evans as manager at Hp next season.

Are you for real Suffers? Evans is a foul mouthed bully and misogynist of the highest order, just look at his history and the complaints against him,
and a notorious bad loser, so no surprise he is angry and talking crap. If Adams has pissed him off  - good, jeez!
lol! lol! lol! shall i put you down as a no Aka,to mr Evans? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
akagreengull

avatar

Posts : 2140
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 60
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Mansfield match thread.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:40 pm

Definitely a No second only to
Tossdale laugh
Looks like it was a great bit of winding up by
Derek of another Scot.
Class.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Argo v Mansfield match thread.   

Back to top Go down
 
Argo v Mansfield match thread.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Wayne Rooney [Looks like Mr Potatohead -is a total tosspot)] Thread
» Ryan Giggs (is a twat) thread.
» Prayer/Request Thread
» Match fixing in Italian Football ....should be suspended for up to 3 Years says PM Monti
» The Berlin Forest Boy 'Ray' (Speculative Thread!)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: