Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)

Go down 
+38
Graham Clark
tigertony
AstiSpumante
seadog
Jon L
Cornish Rebel
vincent_vega
Innocent Egbunike
Rollo Tomasi
Lord Melbury
Peggy
mouldyoldgoat
Dane
Ballboy1958EGS
MikeWN
zyph
Elias
Tringreen
PlymptonPilgrim
Sir Francis Drake
Dick Trickle
GreenDick25
Dingle
Grovehill
green_genie
Greenskin
RegGreen
Les Miserable
Charlie Wood
Freathy
harvetheslayer
VillageGreen
akagreengull
PatDunne
sufferedsince 68
Rickler
Czarcasm
Tgwu
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 27 EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 8:35 pm

Why should fans fund an £1M stage 2 buliding project when Brent could pay for as could Hallet. THey both dont want too as there is nothing init for them. Stage one has the corporate shit which is why they are keen on that.

Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 27 EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 8:37 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Strangely the Pig himself  Pig Pig believes Hallett has got the figures wrong  popcorn

"Plus, I can't help but feel £1million for Phase two is not right. It must be a lot, lot more, surely?"

He's not wrong for once.

The roof on corners has far more steelwork in cantilever than straight runs. Have vague memory from Phase 1 that corners accounted for quarter of the £12m build and the price of bricks has rocketed since then allegedly.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 27 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 9:01 am

It will cost not less than £1 million and substantially more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 27 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 10:22 am

Newells comments suggest to me that Phase 2 is little more than window dressing and is not only never going to be built but also is never meant to be built.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 27 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 10:39 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Newells comments suggest to me that Phase 2 is little more than window dressing and is not only never going to be built but also is never meant to be built.

I think we all know that.

Hopefully stage 1 will never be built too.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 27 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 12:32 pm

Community Si wrote:
He said it was unlikely the existing Far Post Club would be open for the start of next season and the marquee would remain open for as long as possible depending on the impact of 2018's construction work.

Until JB builds his Costa and Subway.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 27 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 3:09 pm

Well, his pension fund does need a bit of enabling.
I wonder how competition for the planned new council park cafe would go down with PCC ? They are hoping it will be self-sustaining.
Jim's very precious apparently about looking after valuable city green space, so he's just calls the land in the park he wants to develop, brown space. Easy peasy, now you see it, now you don't. What an environmental warrior.
His idea of "better utilising green space", as he keeps saying, is to build on it.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 27 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 5:25 pm

From a post by Graham Clark on another site

You will recall, ???, that when Simon Hallett answered the question at the PACSA meeting there was some confusion over what the £1m referred to. Earlier, Martyn Starnes had confirmed that the Board had committed 'not more than a £1m and less than £1m' in a slightly evasive answer to what the addition cost of the roof and floodlights in Stage 1 would be. That is where the £1m figure came from in Simon Hallett's subsequent answer to a question on Stage 2. When I sought clarification from him on his answer, fearful that the wrong message would 'get out' Martyn Starnes very clearly stated that there had been NO costings for Stage 2.

Given the clarity of Martyn Starnes' confirmation I must say i find it a little disappointing that The Herald have reported Simon Hallett's original comment and not Martyn Starnes' subsequent clarification. It has lead to uninformed comment and a misplaced optimism that somehow the fans could subsidise or even pay for Stage 2. Stage 2 comprises of approximately 2,000 seats (which could be subsequently retrofitted for 'safe standing') and two complex constructional turns to fit a new lightweight perspex roof to adjoin the refurbished Grandstand with the Devonport and Barn Park ends respectively. Stage 2 also includes the extension of the main Grandstand roof over the lower tier seating, using a similar lightweight perspex construction.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 27 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 5:49 pm

How on earth can you saturate the internet with plans for a stage 2 and have no idea on how much they would cost to implement?

Amateur hour again at Argyle...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 27 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 5:49 pm

Handy that all the confusion has basically given an optimistic slant on phase 2. One would think it had been engineered that way, yet able to refute at a later date. The object of the exercise has been accomplished with everyone in Plymouth thinking a complete stadium is about to appear. Don't you just love the ethics of Brent's Argyle ?
I have always been a fan of a way forward that kept the old grandstand facade and shape. I like old and new in juxtaposition. This "plan" is a disaster, and a licence to leave much of the stadium in exactly the same state.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 27 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Fans should sell their houses, live in tents and give the money to Sir (why was he not honoured)Brent ee saved uzz
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 27 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 10:04 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Fans should sell their houses, live in tents and give the money to Sir (why was he not honoured)Brent ee saved uzz

Be careful what you say, Green Jim might think it's a genuine proposal from the working party. laugh
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 27 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 10:32 pm

akagreengull wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

Be careful what you say, Green Jim might think it's a genuine proposal from the working party. laugh

Bleddy Governments all ready trying to get there hands on it.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 27 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 11:03 pm

Real, decent, 'proper' fans queuing up on the farm to pledge support to fundraise, when the elite can dupe people to that level their task is complete.....
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 27 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 5:23 pm

Well iam gunna pledge a toilet roll ..to wipe all the shite away thats coming out of brent/Hallet/starnes mouths
Jeez!! I often wonder on the farm if lord james was to shit in a bag and sign it ..most of em would buy it .
It seems they support brent more than they do the team..tossers the lot of em
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 27 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 6:54 pm

love the new multi, Burnhammike56, just joined but is fully supportive of the fans finishing off Jimmy and Si's, fantasy phase 2 with the fans/suckers handing over their cash! sunny
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 27 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 9:02 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
love the new multi, Burnhammike56, just joined but is fully supportive of the fans finishing off Jimmy and Si's, fantasy phase 2 with the fans/suckers handing over their cash! sunny

yep noticed him and his opening comments of "im not well known here yet" had to laugh at de liars or newells attempts to deceive yet again
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 27 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 8:00 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

yep noticed him and his opening comments of "im not well known here yet" had to laugh at de liars or newells attempts to deceive yet again
I know the pair of em are up jimmys arse
But it just goes to show how far there up his arse with this multi its so blatant
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 27 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 8:44 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Why not?

After all it was fans who paid for the current grandstand and the old Lyndy. I believe. This would be the same. If the fans can pay for it why not let them (us)?

This could be the way forward and could transform the club forever because if fans did effectively give Brent a new stand or two then the value of his asset would increase. Given that Argyle/Brent/Hallett would be gaining from our largesse then it would only be right to demand something in return... Some shares, perhaps?

But who could be trusted to act effectively for the fans in all of this? There is only one body I can think of: AFT. AFT is also the only body that could conceivably stockpile the tenners chucked in buckets (or whatever the amounts might be and how they may be collected).

To pluck some figures out of thin air if £1m was raised and the club is worth £7m now then AFT should expect 1/8 or 12.5% of the club's shares in return.

At which point the reason for joining AFT would be that as a member of it you also owned a proportion of that 12.5% and as a major share holding body the club's accounts would be open and transparent so that we'd all be able to tell where and how the club spent its (and in some ways our) money.

What's not to like?

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Greenrod

Greenrod

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 27 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 9:13 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Why not?

After all it was fans who paid for the current grandstand and the old Lyndy. I believe. This would be the same. If the fans can pay for it why not let them (us)?

This could be the way forward and could transform the club forever because if fans did effectively give Brent a new stand or two then the value of his asset would increase. Given that Argyle/Brent/Hallett would be gaining from our largesse then it would only be right to demand something in return... Some shares, perhaps?

But who could be trusted to act effectively for the fans in all of this? There is only one body I can think of: AFT. AFT is also the only body that could conceivably stockpile the tenners chucked in buckets (or whatever the amounts might be and how they may be collected).

To pluck some figures out of thin air if £1m was raised and the club is worth £7m now then AFT should expect 1/8 or 12.5% of the club's shares in return.

At which point the reason for joining AFT would be that as a member of it you also owned a proportion of that 12.5% and as a major share holding body the club's accounts would be open and transparent so that we'd all be able to tell where and how the club spent its (and in some ways our) money.

What's not to like?

FC United of Manchester raised £2 million for their ground in no time at all. They issued community shares, which with an arrangement with HMRC attracted 30% in tax relief.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 27 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 9:35 pm

Erm I think (Sir) Brent's ideas might differ, tell me what shares the AFT were offered for the suggested 400 thousand pound contribution last time?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 27 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 10:25 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Erm I think (Sir) Brent's ideas might differ, tell me what shares the AFT were offered for the suggested 400 thousand pound contribution last time?

Well Brent's offer then was so bad that it could only be refused. It was at that point that he lost any credibility when it comes down to being considered honest, open, trustworthy or even benevolently benign as an owner.

It's a whole different ball game now not least because of Hallett's involvement and the change in ownership of Home Park.

As ever it's a case of "money talks and bullshit walks". If the fans/AFT could fund the building of stands then everybody benefits. It would be win/win and Brent would have to hand over some serious shares because just like he wouldn't bung somebody £1m in cash for sod all then neither should somebody be expected to bung him a mi££ion for sod all.

However it is all pie in the sky because there is no campaign to raise any money, AFT probably isn't up to holding the money or organising its collection and Brent wouldn't support it if it was.

I wouldn't say the idea is a non-starter though. It might take some time (or then again it might not - who knows?) to come together but if I was i/c AFT that would be my game plan: I'd be campaigning for it and stockpiling as much money as I could as fast as I could because the amount of readies in the kitty are a measure of how real and credible the plan is. Right now there is no cash and no credibility but once there was few thou there people would start to take the idea more seriously and if it ever got to 100s of £Ks then Brent would be like a junkie with his eye on a massive bale of smack: he wouldn't be able to resist; he'd be all over it; there'd be a real charm offensive launched to make friends with AFT.

But while AFT is potless Brent just ain't interested.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 27 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 10:59 pm

Good grief.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 27 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 7:23 am

time is rolling on.....daylight hours are reducing.....no public consultation.....no planning applications.....both "original" dates of planning/start dates missed/will be missed......some phase 2 plans thrown in.....no idea of costing.....no plans in future to actually do it.....feck off brent you cvnt
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 27 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 1:15 pm

Has the "Grumpy Loyal" on the Depraved Social Media Site Pasoti got some sort of hold over the Porkster Pig Pig ....?? Post after post of piss taking of Brent would leave anyone else with sign in problems a long time ago.....

"Blimey is all this nonsense still going on? 🤦

There are no costings for Stage 2 because it simply isn't going to happen. I'd have thought that penny may have dropped with even the most easily duped fan.

Again, the club have brought this upon themselves by producing a fanfare of Stage 2 inc. drawings, duping the average easily fooled fan from the outset.

Duped. Pure and simple"

geddon bey give em grief..... popcorn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)
Page 27 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next