Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)

Go down 
+38
Graham Clark
tigertony
AstiSpumante
seadog
Jon L
Cornish Rebel
vincent_vega
Innocent Egbunike
Rollo Tomasi
Lord Melbury
Peggy
mouldyoldgoat
Dane
Ballboy1958EGS
MikeWN
zyph
Elias
Tringreen
PlymptonPilgrim
Sir Francis Drake
Dick Trickle
GreenDick25
Dingle
Grovehill
green_genie
Greenskin
RegGreen
Les Miserable
Charlie Wood
Freathy
harvetheslayer
VillageGreen
akagreengull
PatDunne
sufferedsince 68
Rickler
Czarcasm
Tgwu
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 3:26 pm

Rickler wrote:
Albatross on the farm wrote:
I work in architecture so have a good knowledge of construction, planning and building regulations and was turned down! No mention of who was selected just that we will have chance to comment when the plans become available

Says it all...  This guy turned down and apparently the likes of Nool and Jameson accepted.

Newell, of course. We'd not expect anything else. Jameson's not on it though.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 3:30 pm

Tgwu wrote:
THE Green Army Grandstand Working Group has had its first meeting.

The GAGWG, a consultative body of Argyle fans established to advise the club's Board on the redevelopment and expansion of the main grandstand and new conferencing & banqueting centre at Home Park, met in the Home Park Boardroom this week, when Pilgrims chairman James Brent outlined the plans and project director Tony Hopwood presented initial architects' designs.

There was considerable discussion of the plans from the GAGWG, which will meet monthly throughout the redevelopment period, and this will be fed back to the design-team.

All supporters will have the opportunity to comment on, and make suggestions about, the plans as they are developed.

We will let you know how in due course
A usually wooly statement from the club.
I'm sure us Armchair architects' will get our chance 'in due course' lol! popcorn
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 4:07 pm

Here you go:

Tony Hopwood (chair)
John McNulty
Kevin Axworthy
Nick Tomlinson
Sue Clark
Jane Moore
Alan Barry
Ian Newell

Last edited by Sir Francis Drake on Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 4:12 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Here you go:

Tony Hopwood (chair)
Graham Clark
John McNulty
Kevin Axworthy
Nick Tomlinson
Sue Clark
Jane Moore
Alan Barry
Ian Newell
At last! popcorn
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 4:20 pm

Erratum: not including Graham Clark.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 4:22 pm

Word on the street is he Resigned before the meeting.
this could get interesting.
Another Never Again statement? popcorn
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 4:29 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Here you go:

Tony Hopwood (chair)
John McNulty
Kevin Axworthy
Nick Tomlinson
Sue Clark
Jane Moore
Alan Barry
Ian Newell

If memory serves me correct, there was a John McNulty in charge of the horseshoe redevelopment at HP in 2001.The name particularly rings a bell because he won an unfair dismissal case against the Argyle board-can't remember the details but fairly sure that the name was the same.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 4:30 pm

No ethnics? Totally unacceptable.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 4:30 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Word on the street is he Resigned before the meeting.
this could get interesting.
Another Never Again statement? popcorn
Word on facebook is that GC couldn't make Thursday afternoons...

Where does the truth lie?

Whatever the reason...  A complete and utter joke that Newell is on the Working Group and Graham Clarke isn't.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 4:31 pm

Is Alan Barry the Senior Greens fellow (Dunlop)?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 4:33 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Here you go:

Tony Hopwood (chair)
John McNulty
Kevin Axworthy
Nick Tomlinson
Sue Clark
Jane Moore
Alan Barry
Ian Newell

If memory serves me correct, there was a John McNulty in charge of the horseshoe redevelopment at HP in 2001.The name particularly rings a bell because he won an unfair dismissal case against the Argyle board-can't remember the details but fairly sure that the name was the same.

Board member and project director John McNulty was well versed in major projects as a chartered builder and surveyor.

“I visited 12 other clubs to look at audit and management controls and to take the best elements,” said McNulty.

Despite his experience in the industry, the long-term Argyle fan was not afraid to seek guidance from other clubs that were going through, or had, a similar stadium revolution.

“I received good advice from Sir John Madejski at Reading and Barry Hearn at Leyton Orient and also learnt much from a visit to Middlesbrough’s Riverside Stadium

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 4:34 pm

i like the GAG(ged)WG title Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy buggered up there as usual Argyle
Back to top Go down
Ballboy1958EGS

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 4:48 pm

Rickler wrote:

Simple answer No, its not Dunlop
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 5:05 pm

Ballboy1958EGS wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Simple answer No, its not Dunlop
Yep, I know it's not Dunlop too.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 5:28 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Here you go:

Tony Hopwood (chair)
John McNulty
Kevin Axworthy
Nick Tomlinson
Sue Clark
Jane Moore
Alan Barry
Ian Newell

Correct in every detail with the omission that there was an infamous taped meeting that sunk the club's defence.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 6:29 pm

Clear up Graham Clark position on the Working Group, taken off facebook

A personal statement regarding the Grandstand Working Group from Graham Clark, posted on his behalf as he isn't on Facebook:-

"Although originally chosen to be a member of the Green Army Grandstand Working Group I was then sent a list of dates of each meeting which was to be held monthly mid-afternoon on a Thursday.

It soon became apparent that work commitments would prevent me attending two of the first three meetings and I was away on holiday for the third.

Working full time and becoming a member of the Group was simply incompatible and I felt that if I could not fully commit to the Group, I should not play a part on it.

James Brent was very understanding of my position.

Nothing else should be read into my decision for it is my opinion that for the first time since the ‘horseshoe’ was built back in 2002 there is a real prospect of significant improvements to the stadium capacity, quality of seating and the level of hospitality being achieved.

This is because a significant sum of money is now available to make a substantive change that is not development profit dependent. I look forward to seeing the details in due course.”
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 6:39 pm

Well at least we know Ian's role within the group - question is, will he be able to remember who drinks tea, who drinks coffee, how many sugars etc. etc ??
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 6:56 pm

Jimmy can count on one Member to be fully supportive, no matter how chicken shit the proposals for the imaginery Mankover are.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 7:09 pm

Tgwu wrote:
There were loose tongues at the life centre this morning, An Argyle employee talking about the grandstand and mentioned the wings, I foolishly asked him if they were filling in the wings, he said cannot tell you. I should have kept quiet and listen so more.

Adding this to Nool posting pictures of the pillar boxes and extended roof like Goodison Gladys Rd, can see how this is shaping up.

What use they find for the extra "office" space this time should be fun. Chiropodist clinic by Colin's retirement maybe?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 7:23 pm

Online tonycholwell

Post subject: Re: Whats the crack with this Working Group for Grandstand

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:35 pm

It would seem the waiting is over.

Here is the list from sources close to, as they say.

"Tony Hopwood (Chair) Graham Clarke, John McNulty, Kevin Axworthy, Nick Tomlinson, Sue Clark, Jane Moore, Alan Barry, Ian Newell."

Although it is separately reported Graham has already resigned, citing unable to meet the dates offered.

Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 7:23 pm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:45 pm

Site Owner

The list is incorrect (a most would imagine seeing its source) but what a shame you had to post it.

Some people may have wanted to remain anonymous but I suppose nothing is that private to you Tony.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 7:34 pm

PatDunne wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:45 pm  

Site Owner

The list is incorrect (a most would imagine seeing its source) but what a shame you had to post it.

Some people may have wanted to remain anonymous but I suppose nothing is that private to you Tony.

An amazing thing for Porky to post, given how much time he and his little chum de Lar spent trying to out the members of the Trust's Grandstand Working Group back in the day.

Wanker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 7:55 pm

Three monthly meetings, mid afternoon. Sounds like a rubber stamp job. LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 8:54 pm

There's a few more replies that beggar belief on that thread!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 2:13 am

Homeslice wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Albatross on the farm wrote:
I work in architecture so have a good knowledge of construction, planning and building regulations and was turned down! No mention of who was selected just that we will have chance to comment when the plans become available

Says it all...  This guy turned down and apparently the likes of Nool and Jameson accepted.

Newell, of course. We'd not expect anything else. Jameson's not on it though.]

Yes I must apologise for that and the normally reliably source of mine is currently wearing an 8" spike up his arse

(Edited to add the Pig claims the names are inaccurate so said spike may have been premature)

Newell will keep the group under control and will have no hesitation in employing enforcers should the "victims" dare suggest anything constructive outside the Reluctant ones remit....

First question to any of that WG reading this. Ask Brent about the Asbestos issue in the Grandstand at which point shut up and see the reaction
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)
Page 5 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next