The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

PostSubject: Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.    Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:44 am

I see the new Trust Chairmans return to Pasoti has been met with a very telling silence without exception from the Pasoti Modroom. Basketball

Argyle dad has had to go on and try and coax a supportive response out of them.

Back to top Go down
Homeslice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.    Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:06 am

The pasoti Mods aren't keen on the Trust??????

Who'da thought it. affraid affraid affraid

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.    Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:32 am

We love you Tony xxxx

PostSubject: Re: Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.    Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:35 am

Tony is not very popular at PAFC. He was seen as the driving force behind the ACV. To a certain extent he has been hung out to dry over the whole thing because some AFT board members did not support the ACV once it became clear that the club did not approve of it. They made it very clear it was Tony's baby. Regarding Pasoti, the simple fact he was posting on here and freechat was enough for them to take a dislike.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.    Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:08 pm

So we can add duplicious and cowardly to Bobs attributes of incompetent and patronising.

PostSubject: Re: Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.    Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:59 pm

There were a number of board members who distanced themselves from the ACV. Some thought that maintaining a good relationship with the club was more important and the ACV was damaging that.
Back to top Go down
Ballboy1958EGS

PostSubject: Re: Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.    Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:28 pm

Tony’s done the right thing, register with the media sites and I think with the right background support he will turn the AFT into a properly and well run Trust.
He however needs the support and input from “ALL” AFT members if it going to grow and do the job it was set up for.
Back to top Go down
Homeslice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.    Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:31 pm

I would hope that those previous Trust officers (and I believe there were quite a few) who were disillusioned with the Trust under Sideshow Bob will give their support to Tony as he attempts to rebuild the Trusts membership and credibility.

PostSubject: Re: Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.    Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:48 pm

I am quite positive about Tony as Chair. He is a good bloke.

The Trust needs to rebuild after Bob's disastrous tenure and hopefully Tony will be the man to enable it.

PostSubject: Re: Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.    Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:10 pm

I'm prepared the wipe the slate clean with Tony and make a fresh start but let's not pretend that he hasn't played a part in the previous dogs dinner and went MIA on more than one occasion refusing to answer or even acknowledge some perfectly legitimate questions.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.    Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:20 pm

I think the criticism for missing a meeting he didn't attend either was pretty poor but hopefully I am happy to wipe slate clean also

PostSubject: Re: Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.    Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:13 pm

Personally, I wish Tony had told Pasoti to go to hell. His joining now is solely to curry favour. He could have communicated through an official ATD channel.

Pasoti's (mods) response to him re-joining says it all.

No love lost.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.    Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:37 pm

Good luck to Tony, Nool paid for Pasoti he did not become owner by popular demand,following on from the Bobmare, Tony can only be an improvement.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.    Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:39 am

I still get the impression that it is always more about 'being someone' at the Theatre of Schemes than being involved to look after the best interests of the future of the football club.
The reluctant one has designed this,'either you're with us or against us' mentality, with the most supportive being accepted into the growing army of 'volunteers' and cheerleaders.
England's most village of city clubs is for this reason, putty in the hands of the non developer. Nauseating.
Back to top Go down
Homeslice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.    Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:41 am

Tringreen wrote:
I still get the impression that it is always more about 'being someone' at the Theatre of Schemes than being involved to look after the best interests of the future of the football club.
The reluctant one has designed this,'either you're with us or against us' mentality, with the most supportive being accepted into the growing army of 'volunteers' and cheerleaders.
England's most village of city clubs is for this reason, putty in the hands of the non developer. Nauseating.

I think that's bollocks. There's been some who have gone down the self promotion route - Webb being the most obvious but in the main the people involved on the Trust board over the years have done so because they want to see a strong Trust holding the board to account when necessary. Off the top of my head I can't recall John Petrie, Tim Chown, Linda Jenking, Andy Symons or Sally Snow ever using their Trust involvement to get themselves any perks at Home Park. In fact most of those mentioned made themselves fairly unpopular amongst the HP hierarchy because they challenged the board rather than tugging the forelock.
Try not to let your inherent bitterness interfere with the facts, dear boy.

PostSubject: Re: Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.    Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:44 pm

Homeslice wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

I think that's bollocks. There's been some who have gone down the self promotion route - Webb being the most obvious but in the main the people involved on the Trust board over the years have done so because they want to see a strong Trust holding the board to account when necessary. Off the top of my head I can't recall John Petrie, Tim Chown, Linda Jenking, Andy Symons or Sally Snow ever using their Trust involvement to get themselves any perks at Home Park. In fact most of those mentioned made themselves fairly unpopular amongst the HP hierarchy because they challenged the board rather than tugging the forelock.

I would agree with you assessment Homeslice.......being on the AFT board is not I think for those seeking to curry favour with the PAFC hierarchy.....although to put yourself up for selection to the AFT cause is a worthy thing to do.....but for it to have any real meaning to James Brent/PAFC other than to fulfil a requirement is not a concern to them.

The AFT can talk to it's membership and find out their views and refer those views and thoughts to PAFC at regular meetings....whenever the Club makes it's self available of course....but to ever think it has any clout to shape the future history of the club...is just pie in the sky. I have been a signed up member from the beginning... but I never expect it to have any power to influence what happens at PAFC. To expect PAFC to bring AFT into it's confidence over matters at the club is being unrealistic and of course open to leaks regarding what the clubs plans are....sharing with the AFT things that need to be carefully monitored and assessed doesn't lead to a club being well run....that is the obvious truth.

OK during the days of administration when PAFC where literally leaderless the AFT had clout to try and influence what was happening and brought pressure to the rudderless proceedings and did well.....all that is now history. There our those that expect AFT to be far more dominant and pick up the cudgel to hit James Brent/PAFC with because they want the Club to go other ways that suit them....they know who they are and they play their message on a looped tape....over and over again...stuck in a time warp of their own making.....you can read it all on here under 'The story so far' but life moves on but many on here cannot and live in a world of their own....the person who you Homeslice answer on this thread is one such person.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.    Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:25 pm

The fact that you agree with Homeslices, attack on Tringreen, suprises no one princecock/Zhippy, any excuse to slag off an independent Argyle fan who wants a better club than Basement Brent, can achieve will get the Toxic Turd Treatment.
Back to top Go down
zyph

PostSubject: Re: Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.    Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:46 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
The fact that you agree with Homeslices, attack on Tringreen, suprises no one princecock/Zhippy, any excuse to slag off an independent Argyle fan who wants a better club than Basement Brent, can achieve will get the Toxic Turd Treatment.

Who lifted your boulder.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.    Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:03 pm

zyph wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Who lifted your boulder.
Princecock/Zhippy = Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.    Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:48 am

No matter who is in charge of the AFT or who the lieutenants are what exactly has the group achieved this last few years ??  What is it tasked to actually do ??  In short Brent and Starnes have told them to get stuffed in laymans terms.
Is the AFT part of the refurbishment working group ??  Genuine question
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.    Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:28 am

Apparently not, surprising due to the vision of the Working Group the AFT put together at short notice to point out the numerous shortcomings of the previous back of fag packet 'plans', and the superior alternative they put forward. According to the thread on the other side, stand plans seems to be pretty far advanced without the involvement of the latest fans' group.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.    Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:07 am

Dingle wrote:
Apparently not, surprising  due to the vision of the Working Group the AFT put together at short notice to point out the numerous shortcomings of the previous back of fag packet  'plans', and the superior  alternative they put forward.  According to the thread on the other side, stand plans seems to be pretty far advanced without the involvement of the latest fans' group.  

From the bits I hear, the working group does have some pretty robust members, whether that makes a bit of difference in the grand scheme of things is another matter.

PostSubject: Re: Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.    Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:32 am

I fear not, deja vu of the gasboard or whatever it was called being set up as an attempt to divide and conquer the fan base, which has been united under the original AFT.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.    Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:04 pm

Homeslice wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Inherent bitterness .........Moi ?

What happened to all those 'names' who penned the statement opposing the purchase of the freehold ? Melted away.................

One or two may have 'stood up' over the years but have been summarily ostracised from within and without.

Brent knows the collective weakness and plays them like a fiddle, with the help of his jamboys.

Been telling it like it is for a decade, my dear old thing.
Back to top Go down
BBC1

PostSubject: Re: Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.    Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:30 pm

Hope the meeting with the club went well today Tony Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.    

Back to top Go down

Tony's (lack of) Pasoti welcome.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1