VillageGreen
Czarcasm
PlymptonPilgrim
Freathy
sufferedsince 68
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time" Empty
PostSubject: Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time"   Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time" EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 5:04 am

Plymouth Argyle can look forward with optimism according to chief-executive Martyn Starnes, after the club picked up the Editor's Choice award for 2016 at the Herald Sports Awards on Monday.

Starnes was joined by Argyle boss Derek Adams, assistant Craig Brewster, coach Paul Wotton and several other members of staff in receiving the award from Laura Cameron on behalf of sponsors Boringdon Hall Hotel.

The Pilgrims were picked for the award after a year in which they made significant progress off the pitch as well as reach the League Two play-off final at Wembley and make a great start to their 2016-17 campaign.

The Pilgrims have finally cleared their debts from the administration era, and are on course for a brighter future.
Adams was also shortlisted in the Coach of the Year category but missed out to joint-winning diving coaches Andy Banks and Marc Holdsworth.

Derek Adams was a runner-up in the Coach of the Year category- also pictured is Martyn Starnes (right) and media manager Rick Cowdery
Starnes said the award was as much for the behind-the-scenes staff as it was for the playing and coaching staff, after a memorable 12 months.
He said: "It's been fantastic – the fact that the Liverpool game has happened in 2017 is neither here nor there, I think the club has had a fantastic time.
"A lot of credit obviously goes to Derek Adams for organising the team on the pitch but behind the scenes the staff have been absolutely magnificent.
"We've had to face a lot of issues that we've not had to deal with for a very long time, and it's obviously difficult to adapt to it when you haven't got the infrastructure.
"But we're coming out of austerity which we have been in for five or six years, and can now look forward with a lot of optimism."
Starnes said receiving awards was what being in football was all about, and overshadows the disappointments which any club inevitably faces.

"This is what we do it for," he added. "Success in football is quite rare, actually, for any club unless you are Manchester United or one of the big boys, so we do it to grasp those moments, and the successful times overshadow all the disappointments you inevitably get in football.
"We're delighted to get recognised."

Herald Story

6 seasons in division 4, grandstand falling to bits, and the club's best young talent are cashed in... taking a step up to the likes of feckin Rotherham.

No, according to Starnes this club is having a fantastic time, what drugs is that gormless cnut taking?
Discuss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time"   Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time" EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 5:51 am

When will that austerity loving prick leave aswell?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time"   Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time" EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 6:07 am

The club must have had a fantastic time to receive such a prestigious award.
Anyone know who won it in 2015?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time"   Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time" EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 6:25 am

How much more can they milk a cup game against a premier brand ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time"   Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time" EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 6:27 am

beesrus wrote:
How much more can they milk a cup game against a premier brand ?
That could win us the 2017 Editors award! affraid
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time"   Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time" EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 6:37 am

Yep, six years and counting in the fourth division, its been fantastic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time"   Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time" EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 6:42 am

Maybe Starnes has attended a mid life creative writing course
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time"   Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time" EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 6:45 am

beesrus wrote:
Maybe Starnes has attended a mid life creative writing course
Hopefully Starnes, will be attending the Job centre very soon , though this time not to sign players.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time"   Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time" EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 6:47 am

Fantastic time?? Wonder what his definition of a bad time is....
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time"   Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time" EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 7:07 am

The guy really hasn't got a clue. After Brent out, he's second on the list!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time"   Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time" EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 7:59 am

It's incredible what wordsmiths can do with a bunch of muppets - talk about fake news!! They haven't got a friggin clue up there!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time"   Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time" EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 8:09 am

Anyone noticed how Starnes facial expression never changes?

Starting to think he might be an actual puppet, remote controlled from a barn conversion in Iddesleigh.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time"   Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time" EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 8:28 am

I've read that twice and still can't fathom exactly what the award is for?

To me, it reads like the 'Plymouth Argyle are the biggest sports club in the region but haven't been worthy of any recognition, so we'll make up one called 'Editors Choice' award.'

Couldn't they think up some other far more appropriate award?

The 'How to totally fcuk up the ticketing allocation system when you draw a big club and call your fans Liars' award....come up on stage and collect your gong, Rick.

Or maybe 'Biggest Arselicker of the Year when applying for a job you are woefully unqualified to do' award....Jon Back, up you come.

Or maybe the 'I may be a Smarmy cnut but I'm far more important than any of you plebs' award...well done Martin, you just pipped the Posh Squire.

Jeez
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time"   Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time" EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 8:40 am

It's a fix! Target Travel were one of the Sponsors! Handbags
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time"   Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time" EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 8:53 am

Angry wrote:
When will that austerity loving prick leave aswell?

Soon, i hope.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time"   Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time" EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 9:00 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Yeah, it's been absolutely great [not].

When I first started following Argyle in May 1981, the club had never been to the basement division nor graced the top division. They were a good-ish Division Three side that flirted with Division Two from time to time. How times have changed.

Six years in this dogshite league is starting to take its toll.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time"   Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time" EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 9:17 am

Meanwhile on Tuesday 1500 Argyle supporters had a fantastic time, watching their team play like mugs in a fourth division match against feckin Yeovil on an open terrace in the pissing rain.

I wonder what planet this idiot lives on
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time"   Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time" EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 7:37 pm

More green tinted fodder for the eternally grateful, we have won feck all yet.
Fantastic for him and his puppet master given all the money coming in.
Fantastic all those mugs queued in the rain for hours or got ripped off for £35.
So clearly the ticketing fiasco didn't happen.
STARNES OUT
deadhorse
Back to top Go down
GreenDick25

PostSubject: Re: Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time"   Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time" EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 8:26 pm

I wish Carl McCugh still played for us. I wonder if Starnes will talk us through that.....
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time"   Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time" EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 8:37 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Yeah, it's been absolutely great [not].

When I first started following Argyle in May 1981, the club had never been to the basement division nor graced the top division. They were a good-ish Division Three side that flirted with Division Two from time to time. How times have changed.

Six years in this dogshite league is starting to take its toll.

We have to get out this season before good people give up. That is all.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time"   Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time" EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 9:55 am

Good people already have.
If starnes believes any of his diretride he shouldnt be allowed out in public unassisted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time"   Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time" Empty

Back to top Go down

Starnes; "I think the club has had a fantastic time"
Page 1 of 1