akagreengull
Freathy
zyph
Tgwu
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Temp seating - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temp seating   Temp seating - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 3:55 pm

I suspect Brent knows that. So, this is a carefully thought out thing. If true, the line will be "seating will be put back IF there is ticket demand. He's not slow to spot a way out while appearing to be magnanimous. He just doesn't get how the derelict Mayflower has ruined the atmosphere for so many fans.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Temp seating   Temp seating - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 4:16 pm

Argyle underestimate the number of people who are put off going to games because they can't sit with their regular season ticket holding mates. With the number of blocks Argyle close in the horseshoe, anything close to 5 figures and there are very few swathes of available seating. Lots of people I know think "na, I can't be arsed then".

If these temp Mayflower seats were kept in for the run in, when there will be regular 5 figure gates plus possible playoff games, they'd attract hundreds more floaters I reckon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Temp seating   Temp seating - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 4:47 pm

Good post. The beauty of the Mayflower was just that Czarky. Our group might sometimes be 5, sometimes it would be 10, but we could always sit together. Stopping cash POTD, as I'm certain Brent wants to do, will also have an effect on this most traditional of casual days out.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Temp seating   Temp seating - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 11:29 pm

After PADSA have filed their complaints about temp seats blocking views from disabled section the current clumsy installation will be short lived.

The club will need to be careful with refurbishment plans as the horseshoe concourse was only accepted as disabled viewpoint as pitch was supposed to be lowered for phase 2. Legislation calls for disabled spectators having equal choice of views. The microstand first artist impression got pulled on this by some pesky kid.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Temp seating   Temp seating - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 11:04 am

Any word on the temp seats ?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Temp seating   Temp seating - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 11:36 am

Still there, no sign of workers or transport to them away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Temp seating   Temp seating - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 3:02 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Still there, no sign of workers or transport to them away.

If they are still there in a weeks time, I bet they won't seel tickets for them.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Temp seating   Temp seating - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 5:35 pm

I hear they are staying for Excretia match.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Temp seating   Temp seating - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 11:30 pm

I did bring this topic up on the fb site and some bloke said they've gone!!?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Temp seating   Temp seating - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 11:31 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
I did bring this topic up on the fb site and some bloke said they've gone!!?

they were stacked up in the carpark when i was up there around 5 today.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Temp seating   Temp seating - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 1:12 am

You can tell if the temp will be kept for the Exeter game, try to buy a lower Mayflower ticket and they are selling them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Temp seating   Temp seating - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 8:28 am

They've been taken out
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Temp seating   Temp seating - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 10:59 am

Its the Small Time Brent way, Zero ambition.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Temp seating   Temp seating - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 8:31 pm

Quote from the farm

Nick McFarlane posted Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:48 pm

It is clear that there are many issues raised regarding the Liverpool game on Wednesday night. These issues concern the restricted viewing from the disabled stand created by the temporary seating put in under the grandstand. We (PADSA) have made the club aware of our disappointment, anger, and disbelief that this could happen. There was no prior knowledge that there might be an issue. Many people in the disabled stand left in disgust and went home to watch the game on TV. We (PADSA)had a meeting with a club official this morning and all our concerns/complaints were put forward. It is my view (Chairman) that it is now up to the Club to respond to these issues and it will be a sign of the clubs stance on its Disabled supporters and its intentions for the future. As a group we know what response we would like to see however the ball is firmly in the clubs court so Argyle don’t squander the chance to do the right thing we await your response.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Temp seating   Temp seating - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 8:35 pm

A shocking oversight by the club. Sack the culprit.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Temp seating   Temp seating - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 11:36 am

Just back from HP, I can say all the seats are still in place. far side by the lane there are spare empty crates with seats in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Temp seating   Temp seating - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 11:42 am

Just one small point TG. How can there be empty crates with seats in them ? lol!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Temp seating   Temp seating - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 11:44 am

So do we take it that no word at all from the club means they haven't decided whether to keep them or not?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Temp seating   Temp seating - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 11:49 am

Should had said there are crates with spare seats in them,plus empty crates stacked over the far side of HHP. I also notice they have replaced the wire fencing between the car park and the ground.sunny
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Temp seating   Temp seating - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 11:56 am

Elias wrote:

Amateurs trying to run a professional football club.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Temp seating   Temp seating - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 1:17 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Elias wrote:

Amateurs trying to run a professional football club.

thats even too organised for them,
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Temp seating   Temp seating - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 1:38 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Should had said there are crates with spare seats in them,plus empty crates stacked over the far side of HHP. I also notice they have replaced the wire fencing between the car park and the ground.sunny  

Upping security for imminent delivery of bricks. You know how expensive they are.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Temp seating   Temp seating - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 2:33 pm

Are the club realisticly expecting the exter game to sell as much as liverpool!!! they wont even sell out their away allocation.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Temp seating   Temp seating - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 1:31 pm

PLYMOUTH Argyle are reviewing whether to retain temporary seating at Home Park for the Devon Derby against Exeter City next month.

Discussions will take place with the local authority Safety Advisory Group, which includes representatives from Plymouth City Council, the police and the fire service.

Argyle took the decision to erect 2,000 extra seats on the old Mayflower Terrace because the demand to see their FA Cup third round replay against Liverpool last Wednesday was so high.

It meant more than 17,00 fans packed into Home Park to see the Pilgrims narrowly beaten 1-0 by their illustrious Premier League opponents.

Argyle chief executive Martyn Starnes revealed it was 'under consideration' whether the temporary seats would be kept for the game against Exeter on Saturday, February 11.

He told Herald Sport: "I wouldn't rule anything out but it was hugely expensive to bring the seats in.

"We certainly didn't make a profit from it. It was really just to try to get another 2,000 fans in the ground if we could."

There is sure to be a large attendance for the Devon derby, with the second-placed Pilgrims chasing automatic promotion and Exeter emerging as play-off contenders.

Taken from Brent Hearld we are not a click forum
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Temp seating   Temp seating - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 1:35 pm

Tgwu wrote:
PLYMOUTH Argyle are reviewing whether to retain temporary seating at Home Park for the Devon Derby against Exeter City next month.

Discussions will take place with the local authority Safety Advisory Group, which includes representatives from Plymouth City Council, the police and the fire service.

Argyle took the decision to erect 2,000 extra seats on the old Mayflower Terrace because the demand to see their FA Cup third round replay against Liverpool last Wednesday was so high.

It meant more than 17,00 fans packed into Home Park to see the Pilgrims narrowly beaten 1-0 by their illustrious Premier League opponents.

Argyle chief executive Martyn Starnes revealed it was 'under consideration' whether the temporary seats would be kept for the game against Exeter on Saturday, February 11.

He told Herald Sport: "I wouldn't rule anything out but it was hugely expensive to bring the seats in.

"We certainly didn't make a profit from it. It was really just to try to get another 2,000 fans in the ground if we could."

There is sure to be a large attendance for the Devon derby, with the second-placed Pilgrims chasing automatic promotion and Exeter emerging as play-off contenders.

Taken from Brent Hearld we are not a click forum
Appreciate that, Thanks TGWU Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temp seating   Temp seating - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Temp seating
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next