AuthorMessage
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

4th Round Empty
PostSubject: 4th Round   4th Round EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 7:18 pm

Plymouth or Liverpool v Wolves

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

4th Round Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Round   4th Round EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 7:21 pm

what a buzzkill draw lol especially when wycombe get a trip to white hart lane
Back to top Go down

4th Round Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Round   4th Round EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 7:24 pm

I think that's quite an attractive draw. Should be sell out at Home Park or Anfield, whoever wins.
Back to top Go down

4th Round Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Round   4th Round EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 7:28 pm

beesrus wrote:
I think that's quite an attractive draw. Should be sell out at Home Park or Anfield, whoever wins.

it would sell out no matter who we had i feel if we did beat liverpool as the pull and the high of that alone would make people come to the game.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

4th Round Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Round   4th Round EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 7:36 pm

We have to actually score to have any chance of beating Liverpool.
Back to top Go down

4th Round Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Round   4th Round EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 7:41 pm

Not necessarily. Penalties would do it. Laughing

I must say, They didn't get a sniff in the first game, hopeless in any attacking sense, or even simple possession, and more of the same will produce a defeat next time round.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

4th Round Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Round   4th Round EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 7:47 pm

Brent 1 plymouth argyle 0
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

4th Round Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Round   4th Round EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 7:49 pm

beesrus wrote:
Not necessarily. Penalties would do it. Laughing

I must say, They didn't get a sniff in the first game, hopeless in any attacking sense, or even simple possession, and more of the same will produce a defeat next time round.
Draw at Anfield against Liverpool,Argyle had a couple of chances i saw on the Highlights, they had a gameplan it worked, to say they did'nt have a sniff is bollocks.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

4th Round Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Round   4th Round EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 7:51 pm

Careful Suffs you're sounding a bit Aviva! affraid Very Happy

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

4th Round Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Round   4th Round EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 7:59 pm

He's on the change. Temperature has rocketed with cup fever.
I can see the same old gallant losers thing happening if Argyle don't try to get in their half. I'm told this is how Adams sets up his teams on a regular basis. Worse than Kemp's era, and that's saying something.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

4th Round Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Round   4th Round EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 7:59 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I have my moments Moulders! geek I think the down playing of the achievment is just a tad unfair, most teams come unstuck at Anfield Argo did'nt, huzzah! cheers cheers cheers geek
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

4th Round Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Round   4th Round EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 8:01 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I have my moments Moulders! geek I think the down playing of the achievment is just a tad unfair, most teams come unstuck at Anfield Argo did'nt, huzzah! cheers cheers cheers geek

Quite right Suffs. A great result for Argyle and I am happy to admit that I thought we would lose yesterday.

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

4th Round Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Round   4th Round EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 8:02 pm

beesrus wrote:
I can see the same old gallant losers thing happening if Argyle don't try to get in their half. I'm told this is how Adams sets up his teams on a regular basis. Worse than Kemp's era, and that's saying something.
Come on Beezie old chap, just giving my opinion like the fair minded chap i am. sunny
Back to top Go down

4th Round Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Round   4th Round EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 8:12 pm

No problem Suffers Laughing
I've just watched the Oliver Cromwell film with Richard Harris. He lost the first big set piece at Edgehill, and decided if he was to have any chance of winning with farmers and carpenters against trained paid killers, he was going to have to organise, train, and change his tactics, and attack the weakest points. If Adams wants a Naseby, he's going to have to come up with something aggressive that surprises Liverpool. Otherwise, he's just marking time with nothing but a "Oooohhhhh unlucky. son, you put up a good show" at the end of it.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

4th Round Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Round   4th Round EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 8:23 pm

beesrus wrote:
No problem Suffers Laughing  
I've just watched the Oliver Cromwell film with Richard Harris. He lost the first big set piece at Edgehill, and decided if he was to have any chance of winning with farmers and carpenters against trained paid killers, he was going to have to organise, train, and change his tactics, and attack the weakest points. If Adams wants a Naseby, he's going to have to come up with something aggressive that surprises Liverpool. Otherwise, he's just marking time with nothing but a "Oooohhhhh unlucky. son, you put up a good show" at the end of it.
My tactical advice to Adams, is get stuck into them from the off, put a couple of the pansies in row z, and launch every thing into the penalty area looking for knock downs, play them in a way Kempy would be proud of!
Any other plan is doomed, we dont have the players.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

4th Round Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Round   4th Round EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:55 pm

beesrus wrote:

I'm by no means a "you don't go so you're not entitled to an opinion" type but to say that Adams style resembles that of Kemp i'm afraid is complete and utter nonsense, seemingly based on hearsay and a one off performance against a Liverpool team which was worth rather more in market value than Argyle's. In your posts on the match so far, you've frequently mentioned Liverpools "kids". Right, lets have a look at some of them. For a start there was Emre Can, capped 7 times by the full Germany national team and in their 2016 Euro squad. Origi? Capped 22 times in the highly rated Belgium side which reached the WC and Euro quarter finals in 2014 and 2016. Lucas Leiva? Capped 24 times by Brazil. Moreno? Capped 3 times by Spain and winner of the Europa league with Seville. Ejaria? Recent regular member of the England U20 team. Ojo? Regular member of the England U 19 team and significant loan experience with Wolves and Wigan. Etc, etc. The only truly inexperienced players in that Liverpool team yesterday were Alexander-Arnold and Woodburn-the overall average age of the team is irrelevant when taking into account experienced already gained-the Busby Babes and Fergie's boys were already pretty good by the time they had reached an average age of 21.
Back to top Go down

4th Round Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Round   4th Round EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 10:14 pm

I didn't say Adams'  preferred style is the same as Kemp, I was saying it's worse than Kemp's in the entertainment stakes, from a spectator point of view. If you are happy watching that sort of thing, then good luck to you.
I think Adams has done a good job over 2 years with almost 2 new squads, considering everything, and any manager would have been happy with that performance. But as a spectator, forget it.
And of course there are professional pundits who were impressed. They don't pay to watch it. It's their job, and they get paid to give their nerd's eye view. Pardon me for saying it was awful as entertainment.  Laughing
And Liverpool weren't much better, either.
Back to top Go down

4th Round Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Round   4th Round EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 9:20 am

Football isn't just about the spectacle though is it? If it was no one would bother watching Argyle, stick to Barcelona. There's an emotional and aspect which sets the game from all other team sports.

I was hoping we would put in a performance, create a great atmosphere and not lose too heavily leaving a positive impression of the club and city.

Which we did, that our team managed a shut out and earn a replay was an unexpected but delightful bonus. I don't understand how anyone could begrudge us that.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

4th Round Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Round   4th Round EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 9:53 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Football isn't just about the spectacle though is it? If it was no one would bother watching Argyle, stick to Barcelona. There's an emotional and aspect which sets the game from all other team sports.

I was hoping we would put in a performance, create a great atmosphere and not lose too heavily leaving a positive impression of the club and city.

Which we did, that our team managed a shut out and earn a replay was an unexpected but delightful bonus. I don't understand how anyone could begrudge us that.

After 3357 posts on this website you should know by now that there are quite a few posters who begrudge Argyle anything whilst James Brent is in spitting distance of Home Park.
Back to top Go down

4th Round Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Round   4th Round EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 10:55 am

zyph wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

After 3357 posts on this website you should know by now that there are quite a few posters who begrudge Argyle anything whilst James Brent is in spitting distance of Home Park.

Yet you are still here with almost 8000 posts so you must agree then Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

4th Round Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Round   4th Round EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 11:25 am

zyph wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Quite a few? Na. Off the top of my head I reckon three at most.

An overwhelming majority on here undoubtedly want Brent to sling his hook, but are still able to differentiate between total disdain for an owner, and (in most cases) a strong emotional attachment to the actual club.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

4th Round Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Round   4th Round EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 12:21 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
zyph wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Quite a few? Na. Off the top of my head I reckon three at most.

An overwhelming majority on here undoubtedly want Brent to sling his hook, but are still able to differentiate between total disdain for an owner, and (in most cases) a strong emotional attachment to the actual club.

Come on you reds.
Back to top Go down

4th Round Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Round   4th Round EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 12:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

4th Round Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Round   4th Round EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 12:53 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Geddon bhey  Thumbs   [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

4th Round Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Round   4th Round Empty

Back to top Go down

4th Round
Page 1 of 1